PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Magic vs Jordan - who do you pick and why ?

lefty
05-18-2013, 01:39 AM
http://www.internetmonk.com/wp-content/uploads/can_of_worms_ahead.jpg

chapnis
05-18-2013, 03:21 AM
Jordan - less HIV

ClipperLuva
05-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Jordan - less HIV

/thread

lefty
05-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Kobe?

SupremeGuy
05-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Jordan - less HIV:lmao

dunkman
05-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Would say Magic, since he was more talented and at PG was able to impact the game much more then MJ at SG. If not for the HIV Magic would have ended with more 'ships too. He reached the finals in 9 of the 12 seasons he played. 5 'ships while facing 4-5 best teams ever is remarkable too.

irishock
05-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Jordan - less HIV

For some reason i knew this was going to be an answer :lol

scanry
05-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Would say Magic, since he was more talented and at PG was able to impact the game much more then MJ at SG. If not for the HIV Magic would have ended with more 'ships too. He reached the finals in 9 of the 12 seasons he played. 5 'ships while facing 4-5 best teams ever is remarkable too.

Not a chance. The Lakers wouldn't have beaten the Blazers, Suns or the Rockets in the mid 90s.

DMC
05-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Let's look at the pros and cons:

Cons

Magic

HIV
Fat faggot son
Speech impediment
Shitty takes
On again/off again Lakers bandwagonner
Black

Michael

Killed his own father
Quit
lol baseball
shitty gambler
Lolcats
Black

Pros

Magic

Still alive
see one

Michael

GOAT
Air Jordan
White wife

MJ takes it because dead father trumps HIV and gay son, and White wife trumps black probably HIV infested wife with fat faggot son.

Kidd K
05-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Jordan for me. Good on both ends of the floor instead of just one. Dominated the game more. Could take over by himself if his team was struggling. Kicked Magic Johnson's ass in the Finals with backdoor sweep. More unstoppable and intimidating. Near perfect record in the playoffs once he picked up steam (perfect except for when he came back later after retiring).

Jordan is the GOAT imo, and Magic is like #4 behind Kareem and Russell. Maybe even behind Wilt.

dunkman
05-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Not a chance. The Lakers wouldn't have beaten the Blazers, Suns or the Rockets in the mid 90s.

Rebuilding Lakers passed trough the prime Blazers en route the 91 finals.

dunkman
05-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Jordan for me. Good on both ends of the floor instead of just one. Dominated the game more. Could take over by himself if his team was struggling. Kicked Magic Johnson's ass in the Finals with backdoor sweep. More unstoppable and intimidating. Near perfect record in the playoffs once he picked up steam (perfect except for when he came back later after retiring).

Jordan is the GOAT imo, and Magic is like #4 behind Kareem and Russell. Maybe even behind Wilt.

Magic never felt intimidated by MJ. It was the other way around. MJ cried when he won the 91 title. And the 90-91 season no one expected the Lakers to make the playoffs, and yet they reached the finals. MJ guarded Magic so bad in G1, that the Lakers won that game and Phil was forced to use Pippen on him. BTW, the 1:4 final result is misleading. G1 in Chicago went for the Lakers, G2 was 1:1, G3 was an overtime victory for the Bulls. During G4 the Lakers have lost Byron Scott and Worthy due to injuries, and the series was over actually because of that.

Magic had great success at every level he played, was considered much better then MJ when he retired in 91. He made the finals practically every season he played.

The GOAT hype came later when the NBA started expanding worldwide, Nike moved merchandise, and ESPN generated news.

Objectively MJ, Magic and Bird were similar level players.

lefty
05-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Not a chance. The Lakers wouldn't have beaten the Blazers, Suns or the Sonics in the mid 90s.
Truth

Legacy
05-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Jordan, simply because he wasn't a Faker. Nuff said. :lol

lefty
05-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Fuck Magic

He said he would skip the draft and play 1 more year in the NCAA if the Bulls drafted him - afraid of challenges :lol

Because he wanted to play for the Lakers alongside Kareem, so it will be easier for him to win championships :cry

Fortunately for him, the Lakers won the toss and rest is history

Jordan is a real man !

Asif Ali Zardari
05-18-2013, 07:55 PM
1- Jordan
2- Kobe
3- Magic
4- Kareem
5- Russell
6- Bird
7- Wilt
8- Hakeem
9- Oscar
10- West

Kidd K
05-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Magic never felt intimidated by MJ. It was the other way around. MJ cried when he won the 91 title. And the 90-91 season no one expected the Lakers to make the playoffs, and yet they reached the finals. MJ guarded Magic so bad in G1, that the Lakers won that game and Phil was forced to use Pippen on him. BTW, the 1:4 final result is misleading. G1 in Chicago went for the Lakers, G2 was 1:1, G3 was an overtime victory for the Bulls. During G4 the Lakers have lost Byron Scott and Worthy due to injuries, and the series was over actually because of that.

Magic had great success at every level he played, was considered much better then MJ when he retired in 91. He made the finals practically every season he played.

The GOAT hype came later when the NBA started expanding worldwide, Nike moved merchandise, and ESPN generated news.

Objectively MJ, Magic and Bird were similar level players.

I didn't say Magic was intimidated by MJ, I said MJ was the more intimidating player to play against.

The 1-4 result wasn't that misleading. Jordan dropped 31 PPG and 11.4 APG on Magic. He matched him assist for assist while destroying the Lakers scoring too, shooting under 52% for a game just one time. Completely outplayed Magic.

The Lakers fluked game 1 by 2 points because they got a ton of calls. Jordan then destroyed Magic in game 2 and backdoor swept him. Jordan already had control of the series, the Lakers just lucked game 1 and played well for their first home game before buckling in OT. That was it. Series wasn't any closer than a typical NBA Finals. In fact I consider any playoff series with 2 blowouts and a backdoor sweep to not be very close.

I don't consider them to be on similar levels either. Magic was a mediocre defender while Jordan was excellent. Bird was decent on D early in his career then started to pull the "conserve energy on D and save up for offense" junk that many stars eventually do. All good players, but MJ is clearly the best of the trio. MJ >>>>> Magic >> Bird.

lefty
05-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Jordan dropped 31 PPG and 11.4 APG on Magic. He matched him assist for assist while destroying the Lakers scoring too, shooting under 52% for a game just one time. .

And also around 8 rpg

dunkman
05-18-2013, 09:24 PM
I didn't say Magic was intimidated by MJ, I said MJ was the more intimidating player to play against.

The 1-4 result wasn't that misleading. Jordan dropped 31 PPG and 11.4 APG on Magic. He matched him assist for assist while destroying the Lakers scoring too, shooting under 52% for a game just one time. Completely outplayed Magic.

The Lakers fluked game 1 by 2 points because they got a ton of calls. Jordan then destroyed Magic in game 2 and backdoor swept him. Jordan already had control of the series, the Lakers just lucked game 1 and played well for their first home game before buckling in OT. That was it. Series wasn't any closer than a typical NBA Finals. In fact I consider any playoff series with 2 blowouts and a backdoor sweep to not be very close.

I don't consider them to be on similar levels either. Magic was a mediocre defender while Jordan was excellent. Bird was decent on D early in his career then started to pull the "conserve energy on D and save up for offense" junk that many stars eventually do. All good players, but MJ is clearly the best of the trio. MJ >>>>> Magic >> Bird.

And taking many FGAs was so great that it only took the greatest of all GOATs like 10 seasons to win his first finals MVP. Magic won his first finals MVP as a rookie. Never saw MJ play C at elite level in the finals, either. Nor I saw MJ lead a rebuilding team to the finals.

I never liked the Lakers, but it ended 1:4 because Worthy and Scott went down. Magic was a phenomenal player. He had 5 rings when MJ had 0, and MJ is only 2 years younger.

Kidd K
05-18-2013, 10:31 PM
And taking many FGAs was so great that it only took the greatest of all GOATs like 10 seasons to win his first finals MVP. Magic won his first finals MVP as a rookie. Never saw MJ play C at elite level in the finals, either. Nor I saw MJ lead a rebuilding team to the finals.

I never liked the Lakers, but it ended 1:4 because Worthy and Scott went down. Magic was a phenomenal player. He had 5 rings when MJ had 0, and MJ is only 2 years younger.

Magic Johnson got drafted onto a dope Lakers squad with Kareem Abdul Jabaar on it. Jordan got drafted to a shitty Bulls team that he had to carry for years and would've been a 30 win team at best without him. How long it took MJ to win is irrelevant. His circumstances were less fortunate.

The series was already 1-2 with a blowout loss when they went down. Their one win was a fluke. Their injuries weren't a big factor. At best, their injuries were what caused the last blowout, not the series loss. As you said, they probably shouldn't have even been in the Finals.

It's also cute how you start the ring count right at the year MJ was about to win his first. In the end, it was 6 ring to 5 with Jordan himself being more dominant and his best seasonal record being better than Magic's best. Magic was a better passer and playmaker, that's it. Jordan was better at almost everything else. Especially scoring and defense.

lefty
05-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Magic Johnson got drafted onto a dope Lakers squad with Kareem Abdul Jabaar on it. Jordan got drafted to a shitty Bulls team that he had to carry for years and would've been a 30 win team at best without him. How long it took MJ to win is irrelevant. His circumstances were less fortunate.

The series was already 1-2 with a blowout loss when they went down. Their one win was a fluke. Their injuries weren't a big factor. At best, their injuries were what caused the last blowout, not the series loss. As you said, they probably shouldn't have even been in the Finals.

It's also cute how you start the ring count right at the year MJ was about to win his first. In the end, it was 6 ring to 5 with Jordan himself being more dominant and his best seasonal record being better than Magic's best. Magic was a better passer and playmaker, that's it. Jordan was better at almost everything else. Especially scoring and defense.

Plus, this :

Fuck Magic

He said he would skip the draft and play 1 more year in the NCAA if the Bulls drafted him - afraid of challenges :lol

Because he wanted to play for the Lakers alongside Kareem, so it will be easier for him to win championships :cry

Fortunately for him, the Lakers won the toss and rest is history

Jordan is a real man !