PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft wishes /predictions

SilverSpur
05-18-2013, 02:22 AM
After watching the NBA combine, I'm curious to know who you guys want the Spurs to draft. I for one would like the Spurs to draft a big man and would like them to take Steven Adans of PITT.

He's 7'0" 250 lbs can run the court, plays defense ( shot blocker ) and has fundamental low post game which improves every time he plays. Has a lot of potential and is your typical type of Spur player , quite , humble , doesn't attrack the wrong type of attention.

I really like the fact that he's from Australia, we have connections and reputation of working with players from Australia ( Shane Heal , Andrew Gaze , Patty Mills ) former assistant coach Brett Brown is down in Australia coaching the Spurs system to players like Aron Baynes.
Just a good fit all they way around.
What are your thoughts and players you like.

jesterbobman
05-18-2013, 02:31 AM
2 Things.

1) http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205511

Draft Discussion goes in the Think tank, at least while the Spurs are still playing. Migrates to the main board at the end of the season, but it has it's place.

2) Steve Adams is not from Australia. He's from a smaller, far superior country to the East called New Zealand(You know, Flight of the Conchords, Lord of the Rings, Rugby, [Insert other New Zealand references as you will, I'm just assuming those are the most common US touchstones.])

Like Russell Crowe, part of the reason we claim him is a claim on the whole family. We claim Russ because of Martin, and Steve because of Val.