PDA

View Full Version : OT: In light of recent events..

Reck
05-18-2013, 04:26 AM
Assuming HH is legit in his coming out announcement I thought I'd make this thread to encourage people not to use the word "faggot" so much.

Yes we all use it in fun and whatnot but to just put it out there let's think of the people who we are hurting by throwing the word around.

I for one will not use the word as a derogatory term toward my fellow posters anymore.

Everyone else on board?

Reck
05-18-2013, 04:28 AM
Even if he's just trolling this is food for thought for those who get offended.

Technique
05-18-2013, 04:31 AM
I use the word faggot to address someone, not to berate them. If a man enjoys penis in and around his mouth, that's cool, he's just a faggot.

Just like someone that goes to the gym is a body builder.

TDMVPDPOY
05-18-2013, 04:33 AM
whatever floats ur boat ****

Thebesteva
05-18-2013, 05:29 AM
Even if he's just trolling this is food for thought for those who get offended.

Shadowflames why are you trying to change Spurstalk to LG? Wtf man? I thought u was my homie

Reck
05-18-2013, 05:33 AM
Shadowflames why are you trying to change Spurstalk to LG? Wtf man? I thought u was my homie

I am? I'm just being mindful of people since we have an official self outed gay that's all.

benefactor
05-18-2013, 07:03 AM
Important educational material on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcja4WFFzDw

DAF86
05-18-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm cool with this as long as we can keep saying nˇgger, b3aner, stinky paki and honkey.

LkrFan
05-18-2013, 07:38 AM
I'm cool with this as long as we can keep saying nˇgger, b3aner, stinky paki and honkey.
That's racist! Like this shit:
http://global3.memecdn.com/thats-racist-no-shit_o_654627.jpg
:rollin:lmao:rollin

Suspect
05-18-2013, 07:53 AM
^lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Important educational material on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcja4WFFzDw

This tbh

Ace
05-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Assuming HH is legit in his coming out announcement I thought I'd make this thread to encourage people not to use the word "faggot" so much.

Yes we all use it in fun and whatnot but to just put it out there let's think of the people who we are hurting by throwing the word around.

I for one will not use the word as a derogatory term toward my fellow posters anymore.

Everyone else on board?

Fuck you faggot

jag
05-18-2013, 11:10 AM
I think shawdowflames might be a faggot.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-18-2013, 11:13 AM
he listens to hoobastank which is a pretty convincing tell

TheSanityAnnex
05-18-2013, 11:19 AM
From the moment he started posting I called out OP as being a real life faggot. You can just tell by his posting style and they way he argues.

DAF86
05-18-2013, 11:40 AM
This tbh

Sup Phoenician.

jeebus
05-18-2013, 12:01 PM
he listens to hoobastank which is a pretty convincing tell
I'm s:cryrry that I hurt you. It is something I must live with everyday; all the p:cryin I put you through is something I wish I could take away. I want to be the one who catches all your tears..because the reason is y:cryu.

Thebesteva
05-18-2013, 12:03 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Robz4000
05-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Faggot

capek
05-18-2013, 12:39 PM
OP, I had that thought too. Was going to post some reference to it in the other thread. But I refrained, because I actually like what is implied by the continued use of the word on a forum like this. Political correctness in speech, which is what you're advocating, is one way of acknowledging other people's feelings: we refrain from using certain words to show that we take other's feelings into consideration. But the assumption is that not limiting our speech can only mean that we are not interested in the humanity of others; and this is what I'd disagree with. I'd like to believe that we (and in this context I limit "we" to those of us who are not in actuality bigoted assholes) view the humanity of others as a given; it's something we acknowledge implicitly, and so we have no need to resort to external measures like agreed limits to speech. If that is true, then each time we come across the word, or have the impulse to use it in certain contexts, it is in fact a confirmation that as a community we implicitly acknowledge each member's humanity, and so are free to use language in the silliest, most vulgar and puerile ways.

TheRealCB
05-18-2013, 12:42 PM
OP, I had that thought too. Was going to post some reference to it in the other thread. But I refrained, because I actually like what is implied by the continued use of the word on a forum like this. Political correctness in speech, which is what you're advocating, is one way of acknowledging other people's feelings: we refrain from using certain words to show that we take other's feelings into consideration. But the assumption is that not limiting our speech can only mean that we are not interested in the humanity of others; and this is what I'd disagree with. I'd like to believe that we (and in this context I limit "we" to those of us who are not in actuality bigoted assholes) view the humanity of others as a given; it's something we acknowledge implicitly, and so we have no need to resort to external measures like agreed limits to speech. If that is true, then each time we come across the word, or have the impulse to use it in certain contexts, it is in fact a confirmation that as a community we implicitly acknowledge each member's humanity, and so are free to use language in the silliest, most vulgar and puerile ways.

Society doesn't work that way bro.

whitemamba
05-18-2013, 12:44 PM

Dammnn bro :lol

KaiRMD1
05-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Spurstalk is where freedom of speech is exercised to it''s fullest. I'm sorry faggot but this will not happen. Why don't you ask people to stop saying "******" because 'm sure there are Mexicans on here who may or may not be offended by that.

capek
05-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Society doesn't work that way bro.

Actually, society works the way it does because people have agreed to let it work that way. Hence the fact that the founding documents of a society are written by humans and not, for instance, handed down by God. So what you're really saying, if your statement is to be considered comprehensible at all, is something like, "I don't agree that society can work in the way for which you advocate," or something along those lines.

And I haven't even mentioned the fact that we're not talking about "society," but the much smaller organization of people that is this forum. So when you deconstruct your statement, it turns out to be irrelevant at best, nonsense at worst.

DMC
05-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Spurstalk is where freedom of speech is exercised to it''s fullest. I'm sorry faggot but this will not happen. Why don't you ask people to stop saying "******" because 'm sure there are Mexicans on here who may or may not be offended by that.

Why would anyone be offended by a bunch of asterisks?

TheRealCB
05-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Actually, society works the way it does because people have agreed to let it work that way. Hence the fact that the founding documents of a society are written by humans and not, for instance, handed down by God. So what you're really saying, if your statement is to be considered comprehensible at all, is something like, "I don't agree that society can work in the way for which you advocate," or something along those lines.

And I haven't even mentioned the fact that we're not talking about "society," but the much smaller organization of people that is this forum. So when you deconstruct your statement, it turns out to be irrelevant at best, nonsense at worst.

Ok to make my point clear.Society right now doesn't work the way you suggest we should make it work. I get what you're suggesting and I actually think it's right,but it's almost utopian (is that even a word? )

And ST is a part of society so it works under the same rules,although anonymity makes things even worse.

NRHector
05-18-2013, 02:44 PM

This fucking hilarious :lol

KaiRMD1
05-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Why would anyone be offended by a bunch of asterisks?

They done censored me. I had said be@ner

Reck
05-18-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm s:cryrry that I hurt you. It is something I must live with everyday; all the p:cryin I put you through is something I wish I could take away. I want to be the one who catches all your tears..because the reason is y:cryu.

Et tu Jeebus? :cry

capek
05-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Ok to make my point clear.Society right now doesn't work the way you suggest we should make it work. I get what you're suggesting and I actually think it's right,but it's almost utopian (is that even a word? )

And ST is a part of society so it works under the same rules,although anonymity makes things even worse.

I gotcha :tu

Though I would argue that I'm simply simply stating, in the terms of logical or linguistic analysis, what Louis is stating, in an obviously much more engaging and compelling way, in the terms of stand up comedy. I don't actually think it's utopic, on the contrary I think it's something we already do naturally. Basically, all I'm saying is that a modern intelligent person a description, and the thing being described. Hence why Anthony Jeslenik has garnered a huge fanbase, and can get a theater full of people to laugh at rape jokes. Obviously, no body here spends as much time crafting their posts as jeslenik spends crafting each joke, but the principle is the same. And as long as everyone "gets" it (ie the difference between description and what 's being described), we can forgive the lame attempts, because some uses will be genuinely worth it.

Though a lot of the usage is lazy and hackneyed, and I'd have no problem cleaning that shit up, though just from the perspective of engendering more creativity.

DMC
05-18-2013, 03:20 PM
They done censored me. I had said be@ner

Ergo also too, why do you say "freedom of speech" when you're being censored in the same post?

AaronY
05-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Assuming HH is legit
confirmed for retard status

Reck
05-18-2013, 03:29 PM
confirmed for retard status

Yeah that makes alot of sense.

AaronY
05-18-2013, 03:37 PM
If you or anyone thinks there's even a .1% he's gay, then yes you're retarded..either a troll job or someone got his password, which would be troll job anyway..

jeebus
05-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Et tu Jeebus? :cry
hoobastank sucks tbh

Reck
05-18-2013, 04:14 PM
hoobastank sucks tbh

Yeah but I didn't expect you to bash me for it. :cry not you bro

jeebus
05-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Yeah but I didn't expect you to bash me for it. :cry not you bro
Well, I'm not a perfect person. There's many things I wish I didn't do. But I continue learning, I never meant to do those things to you.

Reck
05-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Well, I'm not a perfect person. There's many things I wish I didn't do. But I continue learning, I never meant to do those things to you.

:lol such a classhole.

AaronY
05-18-2013, 04:19 PM
You should just start over with a new user name and stay silent when anyone mentions Hoobastank..not even trolling, honest advice..

irishock
05-18-2013, 04:35 PM
If you or anyone thinks there's even a .1% he's gay, then yes you're retarded..either a troll job or someone got his password, which would be troll job anyway..

I don't think HH is gay either

Reck
05-18-2013, 04:45 PM
You should just start over with a new user name and stay silent when anyone mentions Hoobastank..not even trolling, honest advice..

Why?

People dont give a shit about Hoobastank themselves. Its about trolling.

LOL I have thick skin so this doesn't bother me. Making a new name for the sole purpose of escaping trolling is pretty lame and weak.

Main reason why I hadn't created a troll account its because I like using my main one when talking shit to another poster. Hiding behind a troll account when talking shit about another poster is one of the shittiest, weakest thing one can do.

DMC
05-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Real gays will capitalize the word "gay".

russellgoat
05-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Please stop saying inbreed as an insult...

KaiRMD1
05-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Ergo also too, why do you say "freedom of speech" when you're being censored in the same post?

Because Spurstalk decided to make me look stupid, I retract that original statement

pikkiwoki
05-19-2013, 01:45 AM

Is that...Tyrone Hill?

Calispursfan11
05-19-2013, 02:03 AM
Shadowflames isn't a faggot tbh. He's just sensitive to the fact that people like Jason Collins, Dick Jefferson and other fudgepackers might find that word offensive. He's taking an unpopular stance and a very dangerous one in the face of a mostly backwoods, inebriated, racist, bigoted, uneducated and uncultured ST user base, just trying to clean up the board a little bit. A lot like Kenneth Faried who is not known to be gay but was raised by some rug-munching dykes nonetheless and supports gay pride. Sometimes it gets out of hand with the faggot references tbh and Flames is the first one on ST with cajones large enough to stand up for the cause, even though he himself does not identify as a faggot.

Asif Ali Zardari
05-19-2013, 02:09 AM
Shadowflames isn't a faggot tbh. He's just sensitive to the fact that people like Jason Collins, Dick Jefferson and other fudgepackers might find that word offensive. He's taking an unpopular stance and a very dangerous one in the face of a mostly backwoods, inebriated, racist, bigoted, uneducated and uncultured ST user base, just trying to clean up the board a little bit. A lot like Kenneth Faried who is not known to be gay but was raised by some rug-munching dykes nonetheless and supports gay pride. Sometimes it gets out of hand with the faggot references tbh and Flames is the first one on ST with cajones large enough to stand up for the cause, even though he himself does not identify as a faggot.

You're a gay-ass fag.:lol

LkrFan
05-19-2013, 02:14 AM
You're a gay-ass fag.:lol
:rollin :lmao :rollin