PDA

View Full Version : It's Payback Time

Calispursfan11
05-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Rejuvinated Timmay, Tiago and the fat Frenchman are gonna shut down Gorilla Boy and caveman Fat Gasol tbh. You can see the look in Timmay's eyes this year when he mad dogged Dick Jefferson out of the Spurs huddle. He is on a mission. Ice is flowing through his veins this year, and in the end, the most evolved species always wins. We have seen the Spurs evolve and evolve some more. They were old 5 years ago but they adjusted by adding and mentoring youth to reach the conference finals last year. Now the youth movement is a year more experienced and no less athletic, Timmay has pulled a Benjamin Button and Tony, while slightly hobbled is showing what it will take to reach the finals. Even Manu, while he has clearly been slumping is at least healthy this year, unlike the year the Grizzlies bounced us out. I was right about the Warriors being overrated and the Spurs being able to come back despite the first two games when much of Spurstalk was ready to jump off a cliff. The Spurs locked them down for four games like the Spurs would do to teams 10 years ago. This is a different Spurs than last year even though the personnel is almost identical. They've grown individually and as a team tremendously. It's payback time against the Grizz, tbh. I believe.

sammy
05-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Definitely Spurs will take out the Grizzlies! Go Spurs Go!

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Rejuvinated Timmay, Tiago and the fat Frenchman are gonna shut down Gorilla Boy and caveman Fat Gasol tbh. You can see the look in Timmay's eyes this year when he mad dogged Dick Jefferson out of the Spurs huddle. He is on a mission. Ice is flowing through his veins this year, and in the end, the most evolved species always wins. We have seen the Spurs evolve and evolve some more. They were old 5 years ago but they adjusted by adding and mentoring youth to reach the conference finals last year. Now the youth movement is a year more experienced and no less athletic, Timmay has pulled a Benjamin Button and Tony, while slightly hobbled is showing what it will take to reach the finals. Even Manu, while he has clearly been slumping is at least healthy this year, unlike the year the Grizzlies bounced us out. I was right about the Warriors being overrated and the Spurs being able to come back despite the first two games when much of Spurstalk was ready to jump off a cliff. The Spurs locked them down for four games like the Spurs would do to teams 10 years ago. This is a different Spurs than last year even though the personnel is almost identical. They've grown individually and as a team tremendously. It's payback time against the Grizz, tbh. I believe.
Agreed and I love how you call him "gorilla boy" :lol

Budkin
05-18-2013, 04:31 PM
That was the most humiliating loss in the Spurs history. They tanked to get us which was insult enough, and then steamrolled us. Oh how I would love to sweep them.

hooperflash
05-18-2013, 05:21 PM
That was the most humiliating loss in the Spurs history. They tanked to get us which was insult enough, and then steamrolled us. Oh how I would love to sweep them.

Sweep or no sweep, as long as we eliminate them I'm sure some of those tough guys are gonna be in tears. Kobe-esque..

therealtruth
05-18-2013, 06:36 PM
It would be nice to sweep them to get payback.

Spursmania
05-18-2013, 07:27 PM
It's Payback time, boys!:ihit

Calispursfan11
05-18-2013, 07:28 PM
It's not going to be as close as the sports media and everyone else thinks tbh.

Legacy
05-19-2013, 01:47 AM
:devil This is the only thing I care about going into this series, tbh. Fuck all the hype that ST bestows to Memphis. I could give two shits about the Spur-Grizz discussions going on on the boards this very second. The Grizzlies are boring. :lol

We're coming for them bears... and they know it, too. It was only a matter of time.

Sean Cagney
05-19-2013, 02:06 AM

To me 01 Lakers series was the most humiliating! They destroyed us in almost all 4 games, one I could not take a thing out of. We were the #1 seed that year too, thing is we made the WCF that year and that is the only positive thing. The 1-8 thing though, that was not near the Mavs in 07 as they were a legit team! The 011 Spurs were a flukey jump shooting team who could have maybe made round two or so, but that style of play they had that year was going to fail bigtime! PERIOD.

therealtruth
05-19-2013, 12:44 PM
To me 01 Lakers series was the most humiliating! They destroyed us in almost all 4 games, one I could not take a thing out of. We were the #1 seed that year too, thing is we made the WCF that year and that is the only positive thing. The 1-8 thing though, that was not near the Mavs in 07 as they were a legit team! The 011 Spurs were a flukey jump shooting team who could have maybe made round two or so, but that style of play they had that year was going to fail bigtime! PERIOD.

I agree in '10 and '11 we were trying to much to be the San Antonio Suns. We basically became the Phoenix Suns teams we use to beat with our defense.

spurraider21
05-19-2013, 01:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrhr6ifdfk

Jumi
05-19-2013, 01:52 PM
:devil This is the only thing I care about going into this series, tbh. Fuck all the hype that ST bestows to Memphis. I could give two shits about the Spur-Grizz discussions going on on the boards this very second. The Grizzlies are boring. :lol

We're coming for them bears... and they know it, too. It was only a matter of time.

Concise and truthful! To quote the great Captain Jack, "If you scared, go to church!"

Calispursfan11
05-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Payback starting now tbh... If the grizzlies don't adjust well this won't go more than 5 games - Spurs smacking teddy grams down.

Legacy
05-19-2013, 05:59 PM
:devil ... And I hope that the teddy bear slaughtering continues. That is all.