PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Steals at Home

timvp
05-18-2013, 09:42 AM
-The Grizzlies are great at generating steals, which can lead to much-needed easy baskets. Especially in the first two games at home, if the Spurs can avoid gifting the Grizzlies steals (when San Antonio's offense is struggling, they tend to get turnover happy -- so it's a legit concern), Memphis will have to execute damn well to score more than 90 or so points.

-Yeah, so Kori wakes me up at 4:30 AM telling me she hears people rummaging through paper. I think it's one of our four kids awake ... so I casually stroll out of the bedroom. To my shock, there's some dude standing in my house going through my things. ("Shock" isn't a strong enough word considering we literally live in the safest neighborhood in San Antonio. Nothing ever happens here. Most people don't lock their cars or the house. It's ultimately safe because everyone knows everyone, we get little outside traffic and there are anal cops swarming around like flies who will literally pull you over from doing 31 in a 30 -- especially if it's not a known car.)

Anyways, I see this tall, blonde dude so I go back in my room to saddle up for this upcoming rodeo. He sees me coming back out, he takes off running. He's lucky he didn't get castle-doctrined right then and there (everyone around here has guns). I tell Kori to call 911. I noticed some stuff he took but I know the cops will catch him because this neighborhood isn't a place you can run from -- too many cops and too slow of a speed limit. (Plus, we have video cameras throughout the house that record everything, so this guy was busted one way or the other.) Unsurprisingly, the police catch his azz and retrieve our ish (he actually got a lot of damn stuff).

Turns out to be a neighbor's kid in his 20s and a getaway driver. They had apparently hit a lot of homes and cars in the neighborhood because the $80K car they got pulled over in was filled to the brim with stolen stuff. Cops also found a gun on him ... so, yeah, in retrospect that upped the ante of what transpired. I'm seething mad but I guess I should be thankful that in the big picture this will go down as a non-event.

-Since Leonard and Green likely won't be expending much energy in one-on-one matchups, the way they can make the most impact on defense is to sag and try to cause havoc. If they can average ~3 steals per game combined, that could be a series changing stat.

Russ
05-18-2013, 09:44 AM
-The Grizzlies are great at generating steals, which can lead to much-needed easy baskets. Especially in the first two games at home, if the Spurs can avoid gifting the Grizzlies steals (when San Antonio's offense is struggling, they tend to get turnover happy -- so it's a legit concern), Memphis will have to execute damn well to score more than 90 or so points.

-Yeah, so Kori wakes me up at 4:30 AM telling me she hears people rummaging through paper. I think it's one of our four kids awake ... so I casually stroll out of the bedroom. To my shock, there's some dude standing in my house going through my things. ("Shock" isn't a strong enough word considering we literally live in the safest neighborhood in San Antonio. Nothing ever happens here. Most people don't lock their cars or the house. It's ultimately safe because everyone knows everyone, we get little outside traffic and there are anal cops swarming around like flies who will literally pull you over from doing 31 in a 30 -- especially if it's not a known car.)

Anyways, I see this tall, blonde dude so I go back in my room to saddle up for this upcoming rodeo. He sees me coming back out, he takes off running. He's lucky he didn't get castle-doctrined right then and there (everyone around here has guns). I tell Kori to call 911. I noticed some stuff he took but I know the cops will catch him because this neighborhood isn't a place you can run from -- too many cops and too slow of a speed limit. (Plus, we have video cameras throughout the house that record everything, so this guy was busted one way or the other.) Unsurprisingly, the police catch his azz and retrieve our ish (he actually got a lot of damn stuff).

Turns out to be a neighbor's kid in his 20s and a getaway driver. They had apparently hit a lot of homes and cars in the neighborhood because the $80K car they got pulled over in was filled to the brim with stolen stuff. Cops also found a gun on him ... so, yeah, in retrospect that upped the ante of what transpired. I'm seething mad but I guess I should be thankful that in the big picture this will go down as a non-event.

-Since Leonard and Green likely won't be expending much energy in one-on-one matchups, the way they can make the most impact on defense is to sag and try to cause havoc. If they can average ~3 steals per game combined, that could be a series changing stat.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Mugen
05-18-2013, 09:45 AM
:wow glad y'all are safe, bruh.

lil'mo
05-18-2013, 09:45 AM
:wow

jeebus
05-18-2013, 09:46 AM
what kind of gun you packin?

Kori Ellis
05-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Man, I'm still freakin' livid, even though they got caught.

100%duncan
05-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Glad you're safe. Spurs in 5. :tu

Bruno
05-18-2013, 09:49 AM

Kori Ellis
05-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Good thing I have such good ears, they were poised to wipe us out. They took a lot of little things in the short (presumably) time they were inside.

100%duncan
05-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Good thing I have such good ears, they were poised to wipe us out. They took a lot of little things in the short (presumably) time they were inside.

Worst comes to worst, if they weren't caught atleast they just stole tbh. From LJ's story they didn't intend to harm you or your kids especially.

barakz21
05-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Wow, good thing the dude panicked, considering he had a gun. Hardened criminals wouldn't think twice about shooting a person who sees them in the middle of a crime. Good thing you guys are safe. Anyway, what scares me about the grizz aren't Zbo and fat Gasol. Rather, it's their smalls, and Arthur. It's like he's grizz's Jarret Jack. Plus I remember their smalls having fluke games against our boys during the season.

TVI
05-18-2013, 09:55 AM
-The Grizzlies are great at generating steals...

-Yeah, so Kori wakes me up at 4:30 AM...

Nice use of a parallel story line, even without a segue...:toast

Glad you're okay, though.:wow Man, it's hard to believe the absolute gall of some people...stupid kid. Robbery is bad enough, but armed robbery is some serious shit. He'll do time for that. Do you know his parents?

timvp
05-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Spurs in 5. :tu

When my mind was racing trying to figure out who it could be, one of my thoughts was "man, someone must be really pissed that I think the Grizzlies are the favorites". :lol

100%duncan
05-18-2013, 09:57 AM
When my mind was racing trying to figure out who it could be, one of my thoughts was "man, someone must be really pissed that I think the Grizzlies are the favorites". :lol

:lmao

timvp
05-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Do you know his parents?

They haven't given us a name but I'm sure we do. I have three brothers in their 20s so it's highly likely one of them knows the kid as well.

timvp
05-18-2013, 10:02 AM
and Arthur.

He's been pretty damn bad this season but, yeah, I expect him to go off against the Spurs. He turns into LaMarcus Aldridge with stones when he faces S.A. for some reason ...

TVI
05-18-2013, 10:03 AM
...armed robbery is some serious shit. He'll do time for that...
Hmm...maybe...hard to say...If the prosecution decides that they can't prove he had the gun on him while the robbery was taking place, its only a second degree felony (minimum 2 years, but the prosecution might agree to plea bargain to a misdemeanor if it was his first offense).

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/texas-robbery-laws.html (http://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/texas-robbery-laws.html)

"The crime of robbery can be elevated to that of aggravated robbery if in addition to the criteria for proving a case of robbery, the prosecutor can prove that the defendant used or exhibited a deadly weapon, and/or the victim who was threatened or placed in fear of bodily injury or death was an individual 65 years of age or older, or was disabled either physically, mentally or developmentally."

barakz21
05-18-2013, 10:07 AM
He's been pretty damn bad this season but, yeah, I expect him to go off against the Spurs. He turns into LaMarcus Aldridge with stones when he faces S.A. for some reason ...

Couldn't have said it any better timvp.

capek
05-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Holy fucking shit timvp glad you and you're family are ok! If the worst would have happened, who'd be around to make sure Amused doesn't make anymore game threads?

:lol

Seriously though, very glad it didn't escalate. And I understand how you and kori are livid, but let that ish go and focus one how thankful you no doubt both are that you're safe, and not one of the thousands of people each year that don't make it alive out of that exact situation. :tu

Kori Ellis
05-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Oh and the robbers threw all my kids DVDs in the street... I guess they were expecting good movies and were disappointed in Barney and Scooby Doo so they threw them out the window.

boutons_deux
05-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Getting burgled, even if you're not in the house, stirs up amazingly deep and powerful emotions, even fucking MURDEROUS emotions.

Das Texan
05-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Oh and the robbers threw all my kids DVDs in the street... I guess they were expecting good movies and were disappointed in Barney and Scooby Doo so they threw them out the window.

I wouldnt thrown Barney DVDs in the street too, tbh.

100%duncan
05-18-2013, 10:29 AM

Those DVD's should be scarred in your eyes imho. I doubt you keep them back. Noh?

timvp
05-18-2013, 10:29 AM
They threw my Season 1, Disk 1 of The Wire on the street too. I'mma be PISSED if it's scratched :lol

T Park
05-18-2013, 10:30 AM
First off glad your ok, and my family would get burglarized all the time in the summer when I was a kid so totally understand what you feel, Also I abhor and literally hate a thief.

I think Green will get Conley duties, he's not threat Curry is, so I think he can handle it.

The Reckoning
05-18-2013, 10:37 AM
should have kobe'd his achilles tbh

The Reckoning
05-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Getting burgled, even if you're not in the house, stirs up amazingly deep and powerful emotions, even fucking MURDEROUS emotions.

:lmao

Russ
05-18-2013, 10:44 AM

Okay, that tears it. Now I want em prosecuted.

silverblackfan
05-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Timvp - Crime Fighter. Didn't see that coming. Glad your family is ok and they caught the scum. Extra jail time if it was a Laker fan.

Go Spurs.

benefactor
05-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Damn man...glad everyone is ok. I can't stand thieves. I would have ended his life.

The Reckoning
05-18-2013, 11:00 AM
most logical explanation is that the dudes were hooked on something and needed cash. thought that it was too easy at first so pushed their luck.

T Park
05-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Damn man...glad everyone is ok. I can't stand thieves. I would have ended his life.

Amen. Thieves are scum.

TJastal
05-18-2013, 11:27 AM
so you have video surveillance yet don't bother to lock up?

Lock your doors from now on. Like someone said you're fortunate the thieves we're only after your possessions.

hyhy
05-18-2013, 11:27 AM
At first I thought that you were writing a story of "Avoiding Steals at Home", then I realized its a true story..

Floyd Pacquiao
05-18-2013, 11:42 AM
wow glad ya'll are all safe...imo you should hook your house up with ADT or Brinks home security tbh...

lil'mo
05-18-2013, 11:46 AM
OMG if only i had the chance to legally kill someone, especially if they were burgling my home. :drool:

spurraider21
05-18-2013, 11:47 AM

They threw my Season 1, Disk 1 of The Wire on the street too. I'mma be PISSED if it's scratched :lol

:lmao at least you guys are (on the surface) taking a light-hearted approach to it. they were just kids looking for loot, not trying to harm, so thats something.

funny story of my own, i slept through a burglary. was knocked out upstairs (i'm a notoriously heavy sleeper, so i leave my cell phone/alarm outside my room to ENSURE i get up, and dont just spam the snooze button). well i wake up a 3pm, late even by my own standards, come downstairs and see the back door open, kitchen window broken, bedrooms have been rummaged through, and the TV was on the ground, though off the hinges. apparently it was a group of 3 (they were later caught, apparently were on a nice little spree around here) and they were each in different rooms taking whatever they found. one of them opened the door to my room, saw me in there, and they took off, which explains why the TV was still there. they didn't have time to carry it out :lol

but yeah, some jackass opens my bedroom door and sees me, and i'm still comfortably asleep. luckily most of our stuff was retrieved when the dudes were caught. and the pricks took my phone, which is why I never woke up from my alarm :lol

TrainOfThought5
05-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Wish you would have shot his ass.

The castle doctrine is where its at.

lil'mo
05-18-2013, 11:48 AM
:lmao at least you guys are (on the surface) taking a light-hearted approach to it. they were just kids looking for loot, not trying to harm, so thats something.

just kids? they were in their 20's he said

michaelwcho
05-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Crazy $hit, man! So glad you and your family are safe!

hooperflash
05-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Wow, God Bless. Hope your kids weren't too effected by the situation. :/ I'm glad nothing horrible happened.

michaelwcho
05-18-2013, 12:01 PM
just kids? they were in their 20's he said

A lot of murders and rapes and other horrible crimes are committed by people in their 20s, probably most, in fact. Burglars as a class are a harder and more vicious type of criminal than your typical mugger and whatnot.

timvp
05-18-2013, 12:04 PM
so you have video surveillance yet don't bother to lock up?

Lock your doors from now on. Like someone said you're fortunate the thieves we're only after your possessions.
1. The video system was installed to keep an eye on pets when we are away from the home. Security is a side benefit.

2. Where'd I say anything was unlocked?

Robz4000
05-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Glad ya'll are ok and they didn't get away with it.

Bill_Brasky
05-18-2013, 12:18 PM
:wow Kori with the fucking catlike hearing.....I've slept through a fire alarm(though i had been drinking), how do you manage to wake up to the sound of papers being rummaged?

Also, well fucking done with the titl of the thread. :lol

timvp
05-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Impressive bolding but it doesn't answer the question tbh

Darius McCrary
05-18-2013, 12:22 PM
All that I gleaned from that is that you're rich as hell, and live in a richer neighborhood.

KaiRMD1
05-18-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm from the city so I don't believe in that whole "don't need to lock our doors because this neighborhood is safe" BS even if I move to a safe neighborhood, people are people and they have ways of surprising you. I'm glad you and your family are safe though.

NASpurs
05-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Poor, underprivileged kids driving in their $80k car and stealing bread to feed their family :cry

I don't know how to respond to timvp's post. :lol It's all over the place.

Sounds scary as shit though. Glad you, Kori and the fam are safe. :tu

Embedded
05-18-2013, 12:33 PM
timvp I am really glad you are all safe. I think you should give grades on this - the brat burglars, the 911 response, the getaway attempt, the selection of ill-gotten-booty, etc.

Splits
05-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Anyways, I see this tall, blonde dude

Why you gotta bring race into this?

SpursRock20
05-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Glad you and your family are safe, Timvp!

Some really messed up people out there...

crc21209
05-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Damn that's crazy. Glad to hear you and your faimly are safe timvp! :tu

lil'mo
05-18-2013, 12:48 PM
A lot of murders and rapes and other horrible crimes are committed by people in their 20s, probably most, in fact. Burglars as a class are a harder and more vicious type of criminal than your typical mugger and whatnot.
eh, ok

loveforthegame
05-18-2013, 12:50 PM
That's scary. Too bad you couldn't take him out. Glad to hear everyone is ok all things considered. Best of luck with the clean up.

Flawless
05-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Glad you and your family is safe Timvp. I had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago; quiet a scary feeling.

Russ
05-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Wish you would have shot his ass.

Guns don't solve anything, man.

timvp
05-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Why you gotta bring race into this?

Well played, though any race can be blonde, tbh.

spursince#99
05-18-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm mad. Having your house burglarized is almost like rape, tbh. It brings out violent-like emotions you wouldn't even know you possessed, but I am glad you and your family are safe overall. Clutch hearing from Kori as well.

EVAY
05-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Reaction No.1.

Thank goodness all of you all are safe.

Reaction No.2.

80K get away car... I LOVE it!!! What a riot!

EVAY
05-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Have you found out if a lot of other people in your neighborhood have been burgled lately?

That is happening big time in my neighborhood and people are freaking out big time...me included. It is a nasty, scary feeling, imo.

ace3g
05-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Glad you and your family are safe.

When I was in high school this happened to my house 2 times, a month apart (luckily no one was home). The first time was on a Friday, I wasn't feeling good and was thinking of staying home from school but decided to go anyway. Remember coming home that day and seeing a police car in the driveway and had so many thoughts going through my head. I still think about it sometimes , "what if I was in bed resting when this happened, what if they were armed, etc"

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Wow, good thing the dude panicked, considering he had a gun. Hardened criminals wouldn't think twice about shooting a person who sees them in the middle of a crime. Good thing you guys are safe. Anyway, what scares me about the grizz aren't Zbo and fat Gasol. Rather, it's their smalls, and Arthur. It's like he's grizz's Jarret Jack. Plus I remember their smalls having fluke games against our boys during the season.

A night home invasion is the sure sign of an amateur

Budkin
05-18-2013, 01:22 PM
I've been robbed before. It makes you feel completely violated. I'm glad you guys are ok. Scary shit.

Juggity
05-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Scary stuff. How'd they get in? Break a window or something?

Joyrider
05-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Good thing he burglars will go into the penalty for trying to nab home court advantage.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2013, 02:07 PM
:wow Kori with the fucking catlike hearing.....

LOL No kidding. Somehow I heard them rustling papers on my desk in my office.

TE
05-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Glad you guys are safe...did LJ forget to lock the door tbh? :lol

dylankerouac
05-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Damn, my girl and I are glad you guys are safe.

05-18-2013, 02:16 PM
How did they get in? Picked your lock, window, door?

Maybe they just wanted to purchase some Spurs playoff tickets but their parents wouldn't give them the cash.

baseline bum
05-18-2013, 02:22 PM

Scary shit man. I came close to lighting someone up with my 45 and a clip full of hollow points a while back. Luckily for him the guy never got in and was scared off when he found out someone was there. Glad to hear things turned out well for you too.

Kamnik
05-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Wow, Im glad you are all okay and got your stuff back.

I never thought about it.... but being a burglar in the USA must be damn dangerous with all the guns around. Slovenia... probably 1 person in 100 has a gun. (hunters or cops)

Phenomanul
05-18-2013, 02:37 PM

The good thing is that you and your loved ones were unhurt through this ordeal... If I were the cops I would have taken them to every house that those fools burglarized just to see them slapped by the very people they stole from. (Of course, I likely would be fired for something like that)...

G-Nob
05-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Nice job making the necessary in-game adjustments to limit steals.

Believe

z0sa
05-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Holy shit. Dude is ballsy to fuck with the owners of spurstalk. SA stands behind you. In any case very glad yall and your kids are fine and you didnt have to pop a cap. :tu

timvp
05-18-2013, 04:39 PM
I was robbed when i was much younger. I was in my apt. chillin to some Bob Marley gettin high, relaxed as a mother fucker. Knock on the door, sawed off shotgun in my throat. They took about 4k worth of shit. Cops never got them. I still deal with this shit 15 years later.

Damn, bro, that's harsh. Good luck finding peace.

Personally, I'm over it already. I talked to some neighbors and they have never heard of a home invasion like that in the 30-40 years they lived here -- especially on our street. So I'm not going to give some tweeker the satisfaction of ruining my peace of mind. I've already added a couple dead bolts and a few security upgrades. I'll also be talking to the parents of the kid once I figure out who it was -- just so they know I know. From there, I'm going on as if it never happened. Peace of mind is too valuable to lose over such a flukish occurrence.

The only difference is that if there's a next time, I ain't waiting to see the white of their eyes ....

baseline bum
05-18-2013, 05:10 PM

Wow, so they're rich kids so spoiled they're robbing houses and they have horrendous taste? I mean damn, sounds like those bastards have some Ziggy action coming tbh.

Best home defense is to go Omar style; not the one he shares with HH, but the gauge.

baseline bum
05-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Well played, though any race can be blonde, tbh.

That's how I know you're old-school man

http://www.obsessedwithsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/rodman-spurs-laimbeer.jpg

iManu
05-18-2013, 05:16 PM
lol, LJ

BillMc
05-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Glad you and your family are all right. That would be a terrible feeling during and afterwards. Hope the dude does some time.

hater
05-18-2013, 05:45 PM
glad u ok

once you have a family n kids to protect, fear is not really much of an issue. I don't pack but have a machete under the bed and a dagger in the nighttable.

HI-FI
05-18-2013, 05:57 PM
crazy story timvp. glad to hear nothing happened to you or the family. a home intruder is anyone's worst nightmare, and it's one of the reasons I think about getting a gun. just too many pieces of shit and druggies out there. Cops can't be everywhere.

I don't blame you one bit for having violent emotions. I've been in similar situations with people strung out, trying to attack me, and it created some powerful retaliatory emotions in me. The Castle Doctrine is a good thing, something I very much support. Wonder if the bouton_deux's support it or consider it a needless bourgeoisie invention.:lol

I was robbed when i was much younger. I was in my apt. chillin to some Bob Marley gettin high, relaxed as a mother fucker. Knock on the door, sawed off shotgun in my throat. They took about 4k worth of shit. Cops never got them. I still deal with this shit 15 years later.

http://www.yorkcounty.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=7407

THE EMOTIONAL TRAUMA OF ROBBERY

Just as with any other experience human beings have, individuals’ reactions to a robbery often differ dramatically. Some individuals experience a very brief period of heightened emotion, then return to their average level of functioning very quickly. Some need considerably longer to deal with the trauma they experienced in the robbery situation. Others become paralyzed by fear and anxiety and need help to overcome the after-effects of the traumatic event that disrupted their lives. It is important to note, however, that most people do experience at least some effects after the robbery.

Some reactions include:

shock
anxiety
fear
disbelief
denial
confusion
humiliation
shame
guilt
numbness
helplessness
depression
anger
sleep disturbances
change in their eating habits
a feeling of vulnerability and shift in the view of the world as a safe or just place
preoccupation with fear of a recurrence of the crime or retaliation by the offender
an inability to trust
hyper-alertness to surroundings
Even if these symptoms do not develop immediately after the robbery or lessen to a degree, it is possible for some reactions to resurface after being triggered by another event.

It is important to realize that these feelings are normal reactions to a violent event. Over time they should begin to lessen. Many victims find that talking with others who have had similar experiences is beneficial. Talking about the incident can often help put it into perspective and integrate it into the individual’s life. Support systems are very important---friends, family, and coworkers can all be a source of assistance during this difficult time. Some victims also find it helpful to speak with an experienced counselor or become involved in a support group, especially if these reactions persist. Your local Victim-Witness Program can advise you of the resources in your community.
sorry for your situation, that sounds even worse. tbh, this is why I don't smoke up all the time. when I frst joined ST i was smoking somewhat heavily, but ultimately, there would be moments when I was alone, chilling to music, and my mind would wonder what would happen if a family of Manson-esque psychos came into my crib. I feel like while being high, I'd be too slow or passive to deal with the craziness of this world. Sorry about your situation, hopefully you can live and learn from it.

maverick1948
05-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Kori get the old boy to buy you a good parrot named Moses and a rotweiler named Jesus. Teach to parrot to introduce Jesus to the buglers. I had a wolf that greeted everyone who came to visit. He would bark once and stare. Almost ate a friend before wife could get to him. Why? Because he came in the "wrong door". That is how smart he was. Worse part of having him was trying to hug my wife. He would bark at me, too. LOL

benefactor
05-18-2013, 06:03 PM

Wow...that's nuts. I've had my house broken into twice...the second time it was completely ran sacked. I've also had my car broken into four times since high school. Let's just say that I'm waiting for the day of vengeance. I sleep pretty light and my .410 Judge is always close.

2centsworth
05-18-2013, 06:24 PM
crazy story. Be thankful it wasn't worse.

So what you're telling us is Manu needs to sit.

ShoogarBear
05-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Glad to hear everyone's safe.

GSH
05-18-2013, 08:21 PM

Everything gets re-prioritized when you have kids. The fact that everyone is safe outweighs everything else by a big margin. I think anyone bold enough to enter another person's house while they are there is inherently dangerous. But as much as I would like to see someone like that get popped, it probably would scare the poo out of the kids. I'm glad everything turned out okay.

I hope you're right about Leonard and Green being able to sag. That's when Green, especially, is really disruptive. Then we can just hope that when they get steals they pay attention on the ensuing fast breaks and turn them into points.

TheProfessor
05-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Glad to hear you're all safe. Those kids are likely probation-eligible, but I hope they see some prison time.

Cry Havoc
05-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Only thing I've had yanked from me is a nice road bike. That was a pretty brutal day.

$80K car

Got damn, what were they driving? Needing to rob people with a car that's worth almost 6 figures? Hope that thing gets impounded and sold at an auction. :lol

He's lucky he didn't get castle-doctrined right then and there (everyone around here has guns).

What prevented you from firing? I'd be probably persuaded to castle doctrine him right there, lest he come back with some of his friends to finish the job. Fucking terrifying. I've thought about going through the rigorous process here in California of getting a gun for stuff like that, maybe now I'll give it a second look.

Fucking crazy. Glad you guys are okay.

GSH
05-18-2013, 10:04 PM
BTW - The Spurs are going to invoke their own version of the Castle Doctrine, when the Griz are in Our House. :frying:

Russ
05-18-2013, 10:09 PM
BTW - The Spurs are going to invoke their own version of the Castle Doctrine, when the Griz are in Our House. :frying:

Be careful with that Castle Doctrine.

You don't want to get in trouble with PETA.

Grizzlies are an endangered species. :)

phxspurfan
05-19-2013, 05:29 AM

Damn, glad everyones ok and you didnt have to use your weapon.

Btw with all those kids you guys should invest in a monitored alarm system.

adonis827
05-19-2013, 08:13 AM
great to hear everyone is ok.

we had our house robbed while we were sleeping when I was younger. it turned out to be a neighbor as my friend is aware that the thief is really into robbing other apartment renter in our place.

DPG21920
05-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Damn, bro, that's harsh. Good luck finding peace.

Personally, I'm over it already. I talked to some neighbors and they have never heard of a home invasion like that in the 30-40 years they lived here -- especially on our street. So I'm not going to give some tweeker the satisfaction of ruining my peace of mind. I've already added a couple dead bolts and a few security upgrades. I'll also be talking to the parents of the kid once I figure out who it was -- just so they know I know. From there, I'm going on as if it never happened. Peace of mind is too valuable to lose over such a flukish occurrence.

The only difference is that if there's a next time, I ain't waiting to see the white of their eyes ....

Sounds like you in the OKC series. You better hope Ibaka doesn't show up to your home.

Also, it's always weird when people seem like they want to murk someone. Not that you are that way but some seem to really hope for confrontation

timvp
05-20-2013, 05:57 PM
1. The Grizzlies only had six steals. Job well done. :tu

2. Criminal 1 turns out to be a 21-year-old who lives a couple blocks away in a $1.2 million house. Criminal 2 turns out to be a 24-year-old who lives in a $1.5 million house. WTF? :rolleyes

Seventyniner
05-20-2013, 06:00 PM

2. Criminal 1 turns out to be a 21-year-old who lives a couple blocks away in a $1.2 million house. Criminal 2 turns out to be a 24-year-old who lives in a $1.5 million house. WTF? :rolleyes

Old Roman proverb: "Money is like seawater: the more you drink, the thirstier you get."

ace3g
05-20-2013, 06:09 PM

Hate people that think they are above the law, just because they (parents) have money. Hope they get the punishment they deserve and don't get off because they know someone in the system...

Solid D
05-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Wow!!! :wow :wow :wow

I am soooo glad Kori was awoken and she heard something. I'm glad the dudes were "wrangled". Most of all, everyone is safe and you were protected by your guardian angels.

doobs
05-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Show no mercy.

DPG21920
05-20-2013, 06:32 PM

No way those kids can keep up their flukish performance. The neighborhood average for mid-night thefts is .8 per month. It's just not an efficient type of theft. The neighborhood is giving those kids the looks from the mid-night range and we just have to hope there is a regression to the mean. If they continue to take and make a lot of mid-night theft attempts, well, you just tip your hat and say "enjoy the drug money, kid".

Burn the tape ect. ect...

ffadicted
05-20-2013, 06:51 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

10/10 haha That's crazy