PDA

View Full Version : I Like Being the Underdog in This Series

Embedded
05-18-2013, 12:27 PM
It will give us a chip on our shoulder. I think Mr. Parker comes out with more intensity like that. Speaking of that, can you believe how CLUTCH he was in the Warriors' game 6? Dude was shooting bricks the whole game, then when it mattered at the end, he drains 2 threes, from either side? And Mr. Ginobili's assists on those was clutch, too. BTW I remember Mr. Duncan dunking all over Mark Gasol during the regular season, even gave a primordial scream after one of them. I think our bigs can neutralize their bigs, and we shoot better than they do. All of these so-called experts are giving us no chance, at most 1 win. Funny, they said the same about Denver over Golden State. Golden State beat them, and we beat Golden State. Spurs in 6. We have home court advantage for a reason, we were better during the regular season, and I think we're better now.

RD2191
05-18-2013, 12:31 PM
:flag:

The Reckoning
05-18-2013, 12:31 PM
both teams are claiming underdog though

Splits
05-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Sports books (you know, the guys who actually have money on the line) have the Spurs as favorites.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-18-2013, 03:50 PM
We might consider the Spurs to be underdogs, but I think the vast majority of non-Spurs fans don't.

Johnny RIngo
05-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Sports books (you know, the guys who actually have money on the line) have the Spurs as favorites.

Didn't the sports books also have the Spurs as favorites last year too?

Grit and Grind
05-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Lol everyone is picking you don't kid yourself

Budkin
05-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Look on the instant polls though... all of them are saying Grizz... probably just because nationally the Spurs are hated.

Grit and Grind
05-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Look on the instant polls though... all of them are saying Grizz... probably just because nationally the Spurs are hated. Did you see the ESPN experts but IDK Manu plays good against us this should be a good one

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Did you see the ESPN experts but IDK Manu plays good against us this should be a good one
i wouldn't bank on manu showing up

Budkin
05-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Did you see the ESPN experts but IDK Manu plays good against us this should be a good one

I did but in the thread about being ESPN favorites I posted that in our last 3 losing series we were overwhelming favorites. Took screencaps of all the "experts predictions." Swept by Suns, Beat down by Grizz, and backdoor swept by OKC.

Grit and Grind
05-18-2013, 04:42 PM
i wouldn't bank on manu showing up
Hes not bad his playmaking skills are really good he was awesome in one of those games in the WCF last year he had like 30 points in I think Game 2 plus the Grizz 3 point defense makes me want to cry .

Raven
05-18-2013, 04:46 PM
:lol @ underdogs, we're clearly the favourites. The series should be hard but we have no excuse

Grit and Grind
05-18-2013, 04:48 PM
:lol @ underdogs, we're clearly the favourites. The series should be hard but we have no excuse
Thats what I'm saying . Lol I am just happy to be in the WCF

Poolboy5623
05-18-2013, 05:26 PM
The spurs are the underdogs? Hmm...I think too many spurs fans freaked when espn and others were marketing the grizz. They made it to the wcf first...that's why they talked about them, first..it's as simple as that. Had the spurs not choked away game 4 and finished in 5, it would have been the other way around. Since beating GS on their floor, the predictions have leveled out. If anything, more of them are picking S.A., at this pt. With that said, this team shouldn't need a chip on its shoulder...especially after the '10 matchup with the grizz and how last years wcf ended. They'll be ready to go. I doubt they wanna start out this series, like they did last(GS).

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-18-2013, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't consider ourselves underdogs, but none the less this will be a very close series

LarryDavid
05-18-2013, 06:13 PM
It will give us a chip on our shoulder. I think Mr. Parker comes out with more intensity like that. Speaking of that, can you believe how CLUTCH he was in the Warriors' game 6? Dude was shooting bricks the whole game, then when it mattered at the end, he drains 2 threes, from either side? And Mr. Ginobili's assists on those was clutch, too. BTW I remember Mr. Duncan dunking all over Mark Gasol during the regular season, even gave a primordial scream after one of them. I think our bigs can neutralize their bigs, and we shoot better than they do. All of these so-called experts are giving us no chance, at most 1 win. Funny, they said the same about Denver over Golden State. Golden State beat them, and we beat Golden State. Spurs in 6. We have home court advantage for a reason, we were better during the regular season, and I think we're better now.

Nice monologue, except they are not. Vegas has the Spurs as the favorites. ESPN has 9 out of 14 picking the Spurs. At SI.com, 4/5 are picking the Spurs. So now that they are the favorites, why do you like them as the favorites?

therealtruth
05-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Manu is do for a good game or two shooting wise.

rascal
05-18-2013, 10:48 PM
We might consider the Spurs to be underdogs, but I think the vast majority of non-Spurs fans don't.

Spur fans are delusional.

JR3
05-18-2013, 11:59 PM
I don't understand why the Has to be a favorite and an underdog. I think it's just the media trying to make a story. The fact is that these are two evenly matched teams that will battle it out on the defensive side of the game. I'm really looking forward to a battle and the best team will win. I just don't know why the media can't just wait and see who that is.

Sean Cagney
05-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Lol everyone is picking you don't kid yourself

That is not true! NOT at all. I hear a few saying Grizz finals etc. Radio here in VA even has a few saying Grizz in finals and not talking Spurs at all.
Thats what I'm saying . Lol I am just happy to be in the WCF

Don't be, your team is legit! They have played great ball.