PDA

View Full Version : cory joseph

palangi
05-18-2013, 01:15 PM
How about his kid stepping up and locking down the back up position and giving quality minutes to rest parker. Does de colo work on his shot more and move to the 2 position now?
He brings a similar game as tony too.

EVAY
05-18-2013, 01:19 PM
He brings a similar game as tony too.

Seeing as how Tony is his mentor and the same Spur organization that trained Tony is training CJ.

There just may be a pattern here.

KaiRMD1
05-18-2013, 01:24 PM
CJ is definitely a lock for the back up point guard, the kid is gonna be a great baller, granted he doesn't fall off like Blair did.

jermaine
05-18-2013, 05:26 PM
De Colo aint shit like Parker! De Colo plays like he's afraid to mess up an just trying to pass. He's not as good as Cojo on defense either. To be honest, Cojo reminds me of Mike Conley when he first entered the league.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-18-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm not as high on CoJo as you all are TBH. I would like to see some more from him. He has improved true, but what is his ceiling?

DapDaGenius
05-18-2013, 05:53 PM
De Colo had a few good games, but CoJo has been playing well and I doubt De Colo could be the way Joseph is on defense. I remember Joseph giving Parker a lot of credit for his floater. I don't know why some other NBA fans try to say CoJo can't follow up Parker. It isn't like he is playing bad, he is obviously getting limited minutes...and doing well with those minutes, too.

BackHome
05-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Man I was all over CoJo when they drafted him he sucked and the dude couldn't dribble the ball with out looking like some old man. But I am happy to be Eating Crow and have to say that we have finally found our backup PG. The improvement he has made is on par with miracles he is just a totally different player and he plays defense and is not afraid to shot the ball.

As far as De Colo I think he played scarred but you could put that on Pop. I think he will be a much better player next year but the issue for him is where is he going to get minutes?

Darius McCrary
05-18-2013, 06:11 PM
All he had to do was learn how to dribble without crouching over and making himself two feet shorter, and he was good to go

wildbill2u
05-18-2013, 06:28 PM
The major improvement I see is his defense. He is now hounding his man all over the court, using his speed and making good decisions on whether to go over or under the P&R for the most part.

A number 2 PG can get by without much scoring if he can handle the ball, pass well, and play defense. The scoring can come off of transition fast breaks and layups off the P&R à la Parker.

siraulo23
05-18-2013, 06:34 PM
he's gonna have his hands full defending conley/bayless