PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Duncan getting benched in the 4th quarter.

Asif Ali Zardari
05-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Has this ever happened to any other "all-time great"? :lmao:lmao

Duncan is a good player, but I have never seen a "legend" get benched in the 4th quarter of a close playoff game. Maybe he simply isn't as good as advertised here.

jeebus
05-18-2013, 07:55 PM
There were these two black guys sitting at a bar in a club, and a gay guy comes up and puts his arm around both of them and says "who wants a blow job?" both of the black guys got up and beat the living shit out of him. when they sat back down at the bar the bartender asks "why did they beat him up?" one of the black guys said " I don't know he said something about jobs"

Technique
05-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Kobe was benched during the entire post season. D'Antoni must have been trying to send him a message, pretty embarrassing though

Brunodf
05-18-2013, 08:03 PM
His coach has balls

ElNono
05-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Great players know when they don't fit with certain matchups and/or their play is hurting their team... Lakerfan, of all people, know that scenario quite well (ie: 2004)...

td4mvp2k
05-18-2013, 08:05 PM
LA fans dont kno wat coachn is... :lol

Spurs9
05-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Seems foreign to a Lakers fan. Usually when Kobe is chucking 5/28 he keeps chucking them up at the end of the game.

chunticakes
05-18-2013, 08:43 PM
sup lakaluva.

Asif Ali Zardari
05-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Great players know when they don't fit with certain matchups and/or their play is hurting their team... Lakerfan, of all people, know that scenario quite well (ie: 2004)...

Great players should fit well in every scenario.

Reck
05-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Kobe was benched during the entire post season. D'Antoni must have been trying to send him a message, pretty embarrassing though

:lol

a lakerfan talking about their star getting benched is comical.

Didn't Mike Brown benched Kobe in the 4th and he started crying about it afteward? :lmao

:cry I'm a superstar, I dont get bench damnit. :cry

Cry Havoc
05-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Has Duncan ever gone 6-24 in a Finals game?

Spurs9
05-18-2013, 09:25 PM

:lol

Asif Ali Zardari
05-18-2013, 09:29 PM
He went 10-27 in a Finals game. Same shit, nice try though.

ElNono
05-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Great players should fit well in every scenario.

The team won... that should be above any personal glory... unless you're egomaniac that would rather lose a ship than get your ass nailed to the bench when you're hurting your team...

DMC
05-18-2013, 10:20 PM
The game was over by then. Resting your starters like good teams do when the game is decided. It's a wonder he played at all against the Lakers.

racm
05-18-2013, 11:44 PM
The game was over by then. Resting your starters like good teams do when the game is decided. It's a wonder he played at all against the Lakers.

Dubs were within 2 when Timmy got benched.

Latarian Milton
05-18-2013, 11:47 PM
tim was tired as fuck and couldn't keep pace with the game's thythm. spurs needed better mobility at the defensive end so it was not necessarily a bad idea to take out their all-time great player and bring in some fresh legs imho

LkrFan
05-18-2013, 11:52 PM
No, but he never played in b2b Finals either. Now :downspin: that shit. :lol

Reck
05-18-2013, 11:56 PM
No, but he never played in b2b Finals either. Now :downspin: that shit. :lol

That has little barring in the grand scheme of things so who cares.

LkrFan
05-19-2013, 12:03 AM
That has little barring in the grand scheme of things so who cares.
Neither does 6/24 or any other stat you guys throw out there to berate Kobe. By your logic, "In the grand scheme of things," 5>4. That's it and that's all. Amirite? :downspin:

Reck
05-19-2013, 12:04 AM
Neither does 6/24 or any other stat you guys throw out there to berate Kobe. By your logic, "In the grand scheme of things," 5>4. That's it and that's all. Amirite? :downspin:

Its not logic, its how it is.

Bill_Brasky
05-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Maybe if Phil had benched Kobe in 04 he'd have another ring.

LkrFan
05-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Its not logic, its how it is.
So you are saying that a player who won 5 rangs has had a better career than a player who won only 4 - because that's how it is? I agree son. :tu

Reck
05-19-2013, 12:23 AM
So you are saying that a player who won 5 rangs has had a better career than a player who won only 4 - because that's how it is? I agree son. :tu

Not necessarily. Just that 5 is greater than 4......obviously.

Horry has what? 7 rings..does that mean he has had a better career than Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe Duncan etc?

Theres gotta be more to it then just coattailing son.

But yes I dont get into those discussions about who has more rings and whatnot.

There has been a few players far superior than those who have won 1 and even two rings that have zero to show for it tbh.

LkrFan
05-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Not necessarily. Just that 5 is greater than 4......obviously.

Horry has what? 7 rings..does that mean he has had a better career than Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe Duncan etc?

Theres gotta be more to it then just coattailing son.

But yes I dont get into those discussions about who has more rings and whatnot.

There has been a few players far superior than those who have won 1 and even two rings that have zero to show for it tbh.
People keep bringing him up. Stupid tbh. He won't even sniff a HOF ballot. Yet, you put him in the same sentence as all of them all time greats? -15 points. I'm disappointed in you son.

Comparing Duncan to Kobe is legit. But Horry? "Come on man!" :lol

Reck
05-19-2013, 12:48 AM
People keep bringing him up. Stupid tbh. He won't even sniff a HOF ballot. Yet, you put him in the same sentence as all of them all time greats? -15 points. I'm disappointed in you son.

Comparing Duncan to Kobe is legit. But Horry? "Come on man!" :lol

You're the one saying Kobe is the almighty superior being for having just one more ring than tosb Duncan.

I only brought Horry up to show how the ring count doesn't really make a player better than another. Lets say Kobe rings one more time, that gets him tied with Jordan. Will he be better than him? A definite no.

LkrFan
05-19-2013, 01:01 AM
You're the one saying Kobe is the almighty superior being for having just one more ring than tosb Duncan.

I only brought Horry up to show how the ring count doesn't really make a player better than another. Lets say Kobe rings one more time, that gets him tied with Jordan. Will he be better than him? A definite no.
Actually, it's two IMO. I mean, who knows what would have happened if they played the requisite 82 games in '99. ;) Like the '11 Mavs, them '99 Spurs caught lightning in a bottle...then failed to repeat just like them too. At first, the * rang was written with a #2 pencil... when they failed to repeat (expected tbh), it was rewritten with an indelible Sharpie. Credits: Phillip real deal Jackson. :lol

Reck
05-19-2013, 01:16 AM
Actually, it's two IMO. I mean, who knows what would have happened if they played the requisite 82 games in '99. ;) Like the '11 Mavs, them '99 Spurs caught lightning in a bottle...then failed to repeat just like them too. At first, the * rang was written with a #2 pencil... when they failed to repeat (expected tbh), it was rewritten with an indelible Sharpie. Credits: Phillip real deal Jackson. :lol

You fail at trying to spin each arguement that's represented to you.

LkrFan
05-19-2013, 01:24 AM
You fail at trying to spin each arguement that's represented to you.
I'll take that as your concession. Good choice son. :tu

Reck
05-19-2013, 01:26 AM
I'll take that as your concession. Good choice son. :tu

Huh?

You're the one going out of your way to deminish accomplishments.

Sean Cagney
05-19-2013, 01:47 AM
STFU you idiot, go fish already. If you just got back take your silly ass fishing again.

DMC
05-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Dubs were within 2 when Timmy got benched.

Game was over... done deal.

Cry Havoc
05-19-2013, 03:44 PM
He went 10-27 in a Finals game. Same shit, nice try though.

:lmao

Over two of the best defensive bigs in the NBA.

:lmao

Oh, and Duncan DOMINATED the 4th quarter of that game. So yeah. Your comparison is laughable.

maverick1948
05-20-2013, 12:37 PM
As usual, the discussion turned to Kobe instead of answering the OP. The benching of TD at the time was to give him a break to catch his wind. The fact that the Spurs role players stepped up and opened a lead allowed Pop to leave TD on the bench. If the game was still in doubt at the 2 min mark, I would lay 1 to 9 odds that TD would have come back on the court for the final 2 mins. But as it was, he was not needed thanks to the play of the role players.

Enough said about benching TD.

Reck
05-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Hey Asif, where you at?

Duncan goes HAM in OT with 5 fouls. :downspin:

Reck
05-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Deserved bumped.

Mr. Cucky taking a shit on luva per par.
Asif Ali Zardari

Reck
05-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Deserved bumped.

Mr. Cucky taking a shit on luva per par.
Asif Ali Zardari

Juggity
05-25-2013, 11:10 PM
2 straight overtime takeovers by Timmy