PDA

View Full Version : Calling it now...Spurs vs Pacers in the NBA FInals.

HemisfairArena
05-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Everyone says we will lose to the Grizz. Obviously, everyone is gonna pick the Heat over the Pacers. Not me...Spurs vs Pacers and it will be Stern's worse nightmare for ratings on his way out.

timtonymanu
05-18-2013, 10:09 PM
:lol

racm
05-18-2013, 10:09 PM
And Spurfan complains when the ratings are low and people call the Spurs boring, really?

:wakeup

dbreiden83080
05-18-2013, 10:10 PM
I think people believe Stern cares about ratings far more than he does. He gets his insane salary regardless...

spurraider21
05-18-2013, 10:10 PM
I'd welcome that with open arms :lol

George Hill vs Tony Parker
Roy Hibbert vs Tim Duncan

student vs teacher

and Kawhi vs the team that traded him for george hill :lol

racm
05-18-2013, 10:15 PM

student vs teacher

and Kawhi vs the team that traded him for george hill :lol

Kawhi probably eats Paul George for dinner, tbh

ace3g
05-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Spurs vs Pacers would be ironic because we would hear multiple times about the Kawhi/Hill trade and how it helped both teams eventually leading to a clash in the finals.

Also Heat/Pacers comes down to if Hibbert can stay out of foul trouble this time.

CubanMustGo
05-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Old school all-ABA Finals. I could dig it.

chapnis
05-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Why does everyone want low ratings? High ratings are needed for the sport and the league to grow and get better.

milkyway21
05-18-2013, 10:44 PM

student vs teacher

and Kawhi vs the team that traded him for george hill :lol:lol

if the ratings are down they will still blame it all to the Spurs like when they played vs Lebron's Cleveland in 2007 :p:

Pacers might actually have a shot vs. Miami... watching right now they really are scary. Best Indiana team in recent years IMO.

capek
05-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Why does everyone want low ratings? High ratings are needed for the sport and the league to grow and get better.

Do you own stock in the NBA? Otherwise you have no reason to care because it affects it to a degree that's exact zero.

superjames1992
05-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Screw it. I want the Heat. We need to send LeBron home ringless again. 2007 was no fluke.

spurraider21
05-18-2013, 10:55 PM
:lol

if the ratings are down they will still blame it all to the Spurs like when they played vs Lebron's Cleveland in 2007 :p:

Pacers might actually have a shot vs. Miami... watching right now they really are scary. Best Indiana team in recent years IMO.
If only Granger was healthy

houston spurs fan
05-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Stern would choke if true

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Would be great, but Indiana would have to pull off an upset of monumental proportions.

LakerHater
05-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Dont jinx the Spurs!

Venti Quattro
05-18-2013, 11:06 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

no

angelbelow
05-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Ratings would be on life support.

milkyway21
05-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Screw it. I want the Heat. We need to send LeBron home ringless again. 2007 was no fluke.

who said it was fluke? the Spurs didn't just beat them, they kicked their butts as well :lol

ok MIAMI it is.

but before that, there's still Memphis puzzle they need to solve first ..

LkrFan
05-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Kawhi probably eats Paul George for dinner, tbh
Doubt it. KL is solid. PG is an all star who would get calls.

racm
05-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Doubt it. KL is solid. PG is an all star who would get calls.

If he's an All-Star then his home/road splits shouldn't be so drastic, tbh

LkrFan
05-18-2013, 11:48 PM
If he's an All-Star then his home/road splits shouldn't be so drastic, tbh
Agreed. He needs to be more consistent. I like his game (KL's too tbh).

callo1
05-19-2013, 12:23 AM
Uncle Stern says no.

SilverSpur
05-19-2013, 12:24 AM
I just made a bet the other day that Pacers would upset the Heat.
Spurs vs Pacers would be all time low ratings but I don't care. If the league is run on ratings, then only have 6 to 8 teams from the biggest markets and be done with it

SpurSpurSpurs
05-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Called it about 2 weeks ago! I want to see George Hill and the Spurs back in the same court post season, but this time as opponents.

spurs1990
05-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Only way I want Indiana to advance is if the Spurs fall to Memphis.

Kidd K
05-19-2013, 12:38 AM
I'd like to see that series. I'd be proud of George Hill for willing that team to the Finals. Imo, he doesn't get enough credit for how good that team became as soon as he joined them. We've all seen how shitty the Pacers are without Hill. The kid really makes a HUGE difference.

Still, I don't think it's going to happen. The Pacers are the worst team left in the playoffs.

Power ranks:

Heat
Spurs
Grizzlies

Pacers

chapnis
05-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Do you own stock in the NBA? Otherwise you have no reason to care because it affects it to a degree that's exact zero.

No. But if there are exciting teams playing then more people will watch it, if more people watch the great game of basketball then more people will want to play basketball, more people playing means more competition and better players, this then should in time filter through to the NBA resulting in a better product and better basketball.

I'd be willing to bet that many current players were inspired to play basketball by the Showtime Lakers, or Michael Jordan.

T Park
05-19-2013, 12:53 AM
No. But if there are exciting teams playing then more people will watch it, if more people watch the great game of basketball then more people will want to play basketball, more people playing means more competition and better players, this then should in time filter through to the NBA resulting in a better product and better basketball.

I'd be willing to bet that many current players were inspired to play basketball by the Showtime Lakers, or Michael Jordan.

I care about the Spurs and winning a ring this year. I couldn't give two shits about the ratings.

They don't put ratings asterisks next to banners.

therealtruth
05-19-2013, 12:59 AM
The Pacers can win if Hibbert/West can clog the lane and score easily in the post and they get decent production from the perimeter.

crc21209
05-19-2013, 01:15 AM
I think a Spurs-Pacers Finals would be fun. Two ABA teams going at it for the title...:tu

Shaolin-Style
05-19-2013, 01:19 AM
As much as I respect the pacers I'd be way more entertained with the spurs vs miami, i'm sure that's the case for your average nba fan too. may the best teams win!

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Spurs vs. Pacers would give the Spurs the greatest likelihood of winning, but a Spurs victory over Miami would be by far the greatest and best Finals championship won by the Spurs to date.

Legacy
05-19-2013, 01:26 AM
If (again if) we win the WCF. I want MiamiPERIOD.

LarryDavid
05-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Only way Indiana has a chance is if Paul George can match LBJ's impact and if Hibbert dominates the game/paint.

chapnis
05-19-2013, 04:31 AM
I care about the Spurs and winning a ring this year. I couldn't give two shits about the ratings.

They don't put ratings asterisks next to banners.

Of course I don't give a damn about ratings, I as much as anyone here wants the Spurs to win the chip this year.

But doesn't change the fact that good ratings are better future the future of the league.

TampaDude
05-19-2013, 05:41 AM
Dunno if we can beat a healthy Heat team that has HCA. We'll see.

Gotta get by the Grizz first, though.

YoMamaIsCallin
05-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Everyone says we will lose to the Grizz. Obviously, everyone is gonna pick the Heat over the Pacers. Not me...Spurs vs Pacers and it will be Stern's worse nightmare for ratings on his way out.

No, Grizzlies vs. Pacers is a bigger nightmare for Stern. People know the Spurs even if they think they're boring and bland. The average viewer would not watch two teams with zero championship history and first time deep into the playoffs ever (Grizz) or since Reggie Miller (Pacers).

YoMamaIsCallin
05-19-2013, 06:03 AM
I think people believe Stern cares about ratings far more than he does. He gets his insane salary regardless...

Are ya nuts? Why do you think he gets paid? The owners pay him EXACTLY because he's made them a crapload of money. And TV deals are a huge part of that.

Johnny RIngo
05-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Only way Indiana has a chance is if Paul George can match LBJ's impact and if Hibbert dominates the game/paint.

Yeah, neither of those will happen. Heat will sweep.

Sec24Row7
05-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Memphis vs Indiana would be better.... No superstar in the finals? Hahah

tlongII
05-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Memphis in 5.

dbreiden83080
05-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Are ya nuts? Why do you think he gets paid? The owners pay him EXACTLY because he's made them a crapload of money. And TV deals are a huge part of that.

Yeah the owners of the Hawks really give a shit about the Lakers being in the finals.. :rolleyes

The league just adopted revenue sharing in the last CBA before that you made what you made individually..

This isn't the WWE and Stern is not Vinnie Mac..

100%duncan
05-19-2013, 09:45 AM

This tbh. Give us the fuckin Supefriends.

Though really, I wouldn't complain for a Pacers-Spurs tbh :lol

SPURSGOAT
05-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Ratings would be on life support.

How bout Grizzlies vs Pacers :sleep

GaryJohnston
05-19-2013, 10:48 AM
You will see Miami get the most calls they've ever gotten in their series against the Pacers.

TimmehC
05-19-2013, 10:57 AM
The Spurs part might come true, but Lebron still exists.

Spurs9
05-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I want it to happen, I'll be able to get some cheap lower level tickets.

JRHernandez88
05-19-2013, 12:39 PM
LOL

milkyway21
05-28-2013, 11:14 PM
whoa, THE HEAT LOST AGAIN? 2-2

now I think I want Miami in the finals !! :(

Yuixafun
05-28-2013, 11:47 PM
When I was watching the game...

And after that shot clock violation where it clearly touched the rim...

which caused an avalanche of momentum and plays to go to the Heat and tie it.

I was thinking, man this shit is fucking set up... It was so obvious.

But then the last 4-5 minutes of the game the officials played even more way too much a role.

Miami had some weird bogus stuff go against them..

So I started thinking that... maybe it was too obvious and they were in abort mode like..

"No you idiots have to be more subtle. If the Pacers lose this game after such an easy blown call it will open up a can worms.. swing it back, swing it back..."

The ending of the game really felt fabricated to me, when there is so much play stoppages, smokes and mirrors, red herrings, straw men.. uhhh i'm all cliched out.

Capt Bringdown
05-28-2013, 11:52 PM

Why? From a competition perspective, if Indy beats Miami, then they're the best team out of the east.

Legacy
05-29-2013, 12:12 AM
Why? From a competition perspective, if Indy beats Miami, then they're the best team out of the east.

This is true. :D

mudyez
05-29-2013, 01:52 AM
Get me one thing straight: Right now I'm Indianas biggest fan, hoping for a SAS:IND matchup in the finals.

But I'm not even 100% sure they are the easier opponent. I like our matchups vs. Miami (KL on Bron, Green on Wade, Diaw as our joker, our bigs can dominate,...) and the only two things I like about the matchup vs Indiana are our bench and KL on Paul George John and Ringo.

At least there shouldn't be much of a difference for us.

mudyez
05-29-2013, 02:22 AM
If we win the Finals against the Pacers Tony will get his second Finals MVP.

If we play the Heat, we need Timmy to make a strong case for his 4th.

Prime Time
05-29-2013, 02:39 AM
Indiana isn't as "easy" of a team everyone claims they are. The reason they lost to Miami last year was because they lacked the ability to respond AND they ability to close out. This year, they've faced adversity multiple times and have come through.

- Atlanta blew them out twice to tie the series 2-2. Right from the get go Indy had to deal with drama, and they countered well. 2 straight convincing wings
- New York was well close to taking a lead by the 4thqtr of game 6. Pacers stood their ground, and squeezed their way past.
- LeBron hit a HUGE ego-crusher in Game 1, The Pacers didn't let that effect them by winning Game 2. After Game 3.. we were all speechless. It appeared as if Heat found them out, and Pacers had no shot to win the series. Do you think last year's Pacers would have put up this type of Game 4? No way in hell. Pacers threw punches right back and escaped with a W, Tying the series.

Fact is.. Pacers have a huge advantage in this series. And that advantage is the same as what WE had vs. Memphis, It's what OKC had last year against our very own Spurs, It's what Orlando had over the 09 Cavs, it's what the 08 Celtics had over the 08 Lakers. And that's the fact they faced adversity. They've played better teams. And they know what it takes to come roaring out.
Of course... a team led by Paul George/Roy Hibbert will probably never beat a team led by LeBron James/Dwyane Wade. But hell, Pacers have proved us wrong a couple of times. Why not again?
Pacers deserve respect. And they've officially earned it from me tonight. If we face them in the finals, I will be damn well nervous.

Darkwaters
05-29-2013, 03:43 AM
I'm definitely rooting for the Pacers. Having been a Hornets season ticket holder in Oklahoma City, I'm a pretty big fan of David West (I've met him several times). And of course the George Hill connection makes it sweeter also. I pretty much don't care about the Junior Varsity Eastern Conference, but if there is one team I have consistently rooted for it's Indiana (purely because of those two connections).

The other point is that I always root against Miami. They're the media darlings, the crowned elite, and a representation of what I hate about the NBA. I don't dislike LeBron, Dwyane or Chris, but I hate that they represent this idea of buying championships. So as cool as it would be to see them lose in the Finals to my Spurs, it's just much cooler if they never even make it that far to begin with.

And lastly, a championship is a championship. And what we're largely talking about now is the legacy of Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. Another ring just makes everything they've accomplished that much bigger and brighter. Especially Tim who will have 5 of them, and will be vaulted even higher in that list of all-time greats (especially considering that hes doing this at 37...and not as a small-time, bit player, but as a major contributor and heavy lifter). And frankly, I think Indiana provides a better opportunity to get that fifth ring.

TJastal
05-29-2013, 06:07 AM
I'm definitely rooting for the Pacers. Having been a Hornets season ticket holder in Oklahoma City, I'm a pretty big fan of David West (I've met him several times). And of course the George Hill connection makes it sweeter also. I pretty much don't care about the Junior Varsity Eastern Conference, but if there is one team I have uconsistently rooted for it's Indiana (purely because of those two connections).

The other point is that I always root against Miami. They're the media darlings, the crowned elite, and a representation of what I hate about the NBA. I don't dislike LeBron, Dwyane or Chris, but I hate that they represent this idea of buying championships. So as cool as it would be to see them lose in the Finals to my Spurs, it's just much cooler if they never even make it that far to begin with.

And lastly, a championship is a championship. And what we're largely talking about now is the legacy of Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. Another ring just makes everything they've accomplished that much bigger and brighter. Especially Tim who will have 5 of them, and will be vaulted even higher in that list of all-time greats (especially considering that hes doing this at 37...and not as a small-time, bit player, but as a major contributor and heavy lifter). And frankly, I think Indiana provides a better opportunity to get that fifth ring.

Even the cHeats role players are all hired guns / mercenary types. When I watch them play it feels like I'm watchi g a team of cyborgs.

TJastal
05-29-2013, 06:42 AM
The Pacers can win if Hibbert/West can clog the lane and score easily in the post and they get decent production from the perimeter.

I agree for the most part. Even if they don't they still have a shot I think though.

They won last night shooting 3-14 from range. They are good at winning these ugly grit & guts type games. The heat are not.

Spur|n|Austin
05-29-2013, 07:00 AM
I'll be rooting for the Pacers, I want home court. F ratings, F the heat, and F Stern.

CubanMustGo
05-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Memphis in 5.

LOL tlong.

41times
05-29-2013, 10:02 AM
No way Pacers win. Pacers vs. Spurs would be the Lowest Rated Final of ALL time.

NBA has to have a glamour team that the entire country is interested in either loving or hating them. And that is the Heat.

look_at_g_shred
05-29-2013, 10:04 AM
No way Pacers win. Pacers vs. Spurs would be the Lowest Rated Final of ALL time.

NBA has to have a glamour team that the entire country is interested in either loving or hating them. And that is the Heat.

No glamour teams in 2003 or 2005

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-29-2013, 10:04 AM
The Pacers have put up an admirable effort, but I'm pretty sure Miami wins Game 5 at home like most home teams do and then closes Indiana out on the road.

Even if Indiana forces a game 7, Miami will again prevail on its home court in Game 7.

It's like 2009, Rockets-Lakers.

milkyway21
06-01-2013, 09:57 PM
@Stern /ESPN

RE: RATINGS :lol

CBS : 36% FOR Miami , 64 % FOR Indiana fan base :rollin

Like I said they have a shot. Good news is we had beaten Indiana this season..

GAME 7

Spursmania
06-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Despite the fact that I would prefer Indiana, it's not going to happen. The Pacers' role players can't handle the pressure in Miami and will not produce like they do at home.

I think we're going to watch the Heat beat the Pacers pretty bad in game 7.

milkyway21
06-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Whoever wins hope they're tired enough to face the Spurs in game 1.

BatManu20
06-01-2013, 10:35 PM
No way in hell Indiana is winning a Game 7 in miami. Spurs - Heat Finals. Book it.

rascal
06-01-2013, 10:38 PM
No way in hell Indiana is winning a Game 7 in miami. Spurs - Heat Finals. Book it.

No it is very probable that Indiana will win game 7. They are getting more contribution from different players. Miami looks lost.

Anyways the Spurs will never lose an NBA finals so they will get the easier matchup in Indiana.

DPG21920
06-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Damn it, MIA has it locked then ^

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-01-2013, 10:42 PM
If someone has the statistics........the home team probably wins Game 7 an overwhelming percentage of the time....is it around 70%?

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Anyways the Spurs will never lose an NBA finals so they will get the easier matchup in Indiana.

Makes as little sense as San Francisco 49ers fans who would have said that the 49ers, a 5-0 undefeated in Super Bowl history at the time, wouldn't lose in Super Bowl XLVII against the Ravens.

BatManu20
06-01-2013, 10:45 PM
No it is very probable that Indiana will win game 7. They are getting more contribution from different players. Miami looks lost.

Jinx attempt or? Cause the Spurs could very well lose the Finals to Miami.. they'll be favored over us, as they should be.

rascal
06-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Jinx attempt or? Cause the Spurs could very well lose the Finals to Miami.. they'll be favored over us, as they should be.

They will not be playing Miami.

rascal
06-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Makes as little sense as San Francisco 49ers fans who would have said that the 49ers, a 5-0 undefeated in Super Bowl history at the time, wouldn't lose in Super Bowl XLVII against the Ravens.

Spurs will move out of town before they get to go to another finals. SA is now spoiled with success and will not support a bad team for many years.

dbreiden83080
06-01-2013, 11:44 PM
The Pacers are the tougher match up guys.. They are big and healthy.. Miami is small and injured.. Everyone is just scared of Lebron..

HI-FI
06-01-2013, 11:48 PM
The Pacers are the tougher match up guys.. They are big and healthy.. Miami is small and injured.. Everyone is just scared of Lebron..

this. i don't know who i'd prefer, but I ain't sleeping on Pacers. if they win this, they'll be real confident. They are young but also stupid. Not sure who i'd rather face tbh.

dbreiden83080
06-01-2013, 11:52 PM
this. i don't know who i'd prefer, but I ain't sleeping on Pacers. if they win this, they'll be real confident. They are young but also stupid. Not sure who i'd rather face tbh.

We play the Heat Tim will not be shooting J's on the perimeter he will go old school and be on the block. WTH are the Heat gonna do about it? Hibbert has killed them all series, they have no size or rebounding. Pacers can shut that down and if they control the glass and play great D we are in for a real battle..

BatManu20
06-01-2013, 11:53 PM
I'd rather face the team without the best player in the world any day of the week. Wad and Bosh could reawaken at any moment.
if all 3 of them splay well, the Spurs will most likely lose. Can't count on those2 playing like they have the last 2 games. I'd rather face the young, inexperienced Pacers team that makes a lot of dumb decisions down the stretch like they have this series. They wouldn't be easy, but you wouldn't have to worry about Lebron or the others suddenly waking up. And don't forget abou guys like Allen and Battier who will definitely play better against the Spurs.

KaiRMD1
06-01-2013, 11:53 PM
I think Indiana might be more difficult that the Heat tbh

Chawaman
06-02-2013, 12:05 AM
I don't see the point of wanting to play the heat specifically in the finals. It's not like they will say the spurs beat the big 3, they'll just say the heat let it go. They wont give the spurs cred imo.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2013, 12:08 AM
I don't see the point of wanting to play the heat specifically in the finals. It's not like they will say the spurs beat the big 3, they'll just say the heat let it go. They wont give the spurs cred imo.

Oh please

Win the chip.. That is all that matters..

m33p0
06-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Pacers vs Spurs is gonna be like WW I trench warfare with paint as no-man's land.

Chawaman
06-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Oh please

Win the chip.. That is all that matters..

Which is why I'm saying I don't know why certain spur fans want Miami. As if the win would prove san Antonio's legacy. Beat the heat or pacers I don't care. I just want #5 tbh :toast

dbreiden83080
06-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Which is why I'm saying I don't know why certain spur fans want Miami. As if the win would prove san Antonio's legacy. Beat the heat or pacers I don't care. I just want #5 tbh :toast

Yeah just get it done... The history books will not tell the tale of all the excuses made just the team that won.. Go Spurs..

kaji157
06-02-2013, 01:20 AM
In a way i also prefer miami because they are more injuried and i tend to feel that pop would tear appart that team with our gameplan.
That said i fear LeBron more than Indiana. But Indy, as of now looks more like a team that would hurt us. West has historycally hurt us with his speed and i donīt think either Splitter or Diaw are the answers.
Not sure what team i prefer. I think Miami, because either winning or loosing will set ins stone our franchise legacy.

Legacy
06-02-2013, 02:04 AM
Just serve us the damn bloody carcasses and leftovers of the winning team of the ECF already!! ... I will admit that The Pacers are starting to scare me a little bit, though. :p: