PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Fat Gasol is the best big man defender in the league...

ElNono
05-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Chandler just hasn't had a great season, and Bynum hasn't had a season at all... Dwight has been okay by his own standards, but he plays in a system where defense is an afterthought, and he's surrounded by teammates that have feet of stone.

Duncan has had a renaissance, but as the Warriors have shown, he can still have problems dealing with very spry, energetic (monkeyballer) young guys.

That leaves fat Gasol, who has had a great season, tbh... he also single-handedly erased that ethiopian Abaka out of the WCSF series.

I'm expecting him to dominate defensively in the WCF and show the world they were right to select him the DPOY.

td4mvp2k
05-18-2013, 10:55 PM
If floppn iz da best big on d then ya he's da best... Sh*t thought it waz Divac out der...

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Chandler just hasn't had a great season, and Bynum hasn't had a season at all... Dwight has been okay by his own standards, but he plays in a system where defense is an afterthought, and he's surrounded by teammates that have feet of stone.

Duncan has had a renaissance, but as the Warriors have shown, he can still have problems dealing with very spry, energetic (monkeyballer) young guys.

That leaves fat Gasol, who has had a great season, tbh... he also single-handedly erased that ethiopian Abaka out of the WCSF series.

I'm expecting him to dominate defensively in the WCF and show the world they were right to select him the DPOY.

Ibaka's one on one defense is a joke tbqh

weebo
05-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Pnr'em to death...Diaw is going to have to hit some shots from the outside as well...

LkrFan
05-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Agreed. When I saw him emphatically swat a surprised KD, I knew he was legit. That's no easy feat given how loose the refs are with KD.

As he continues to progress as a player, I regret the Lakers trading his draft rights to Memphis more and more (yes, I'm aware MVPau helped us go b2b). If their salaries matched, I'd trade Howard for him right now straight up. Real talk.

Latarian Milton
05-18-2013, 11:57 PM
not to say he also has steady jumpers and a good low-post game, guy is better than his brother was at his age tbh

Jacob1983
05-19-2013, 12:00 AM
This guy disagrees with this thread. http://answers.bettor.com/images/Articles/thumbs/extralarge/Indiana-Pacers-new-head-coach-Frank-Vogel-visits-his-native-town-in-New-Jersey-NBA-Update-86526.jpg

callo1
05-19-2013, 12:00 AM
I think Timmy will be more motivated than ever tbh...the 4th quarter benching and going against the DPoTY. Timmy likes those moments.

ElNono
05-21-2013, 11:46 AM
bump

TDMVPDPOY
05-21-2013, 12:21 PM
if d12 is playing with shit, wouldnt his defensive stats be up aka rebs, blks?

his just pure shit