PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Finals don't start until Wednesday night?!

manu
05-19-2013, 02:09 AM
Yet we're back on the grind in a few hours from now...

Seriously Stern?
I mean we all know Wade's knee needs rest, but I mean come on....don't make it so obvious smh

Kawhi Leonard's knee would love a couple of extra days to rest up as well, not fair at all IMO....but then again, this is Stern's world.

Oh well....let's go for some bear hunting :ihit:flag:

mudyez
05-19-2013, 03:00 AM
That should give us a nice break after we finished off the Grizz in 4 games. I see the Heat losing at least two games.

KL2
05-19-2013, 03:10 AM
San Antonio will get 3 days off after game 2, which I think is better. I'd rather SA get a break in the middle of a series rather than right at the beginning where guys would come back rusty.

lefty
05-19-2013, 03:20 AM
Because the potential game 7 between NY and IND would have been played on Sunday

thats why

Sean Cagney
05-19-2013, 03:24 AM
Because the potential game 7 between NY and IND would have been played on Sunday

thats why

Yeah I agree, man wtf! Would it have been played on Sunday though or Monday? There is no back to back! So it would have been Monday correct? The Spurs and GS potential game would have been Sunday! NY and INDY Monday! So why not start us on Tuesday or even MONDAY! I mean that would make sense too.

chapnis
05-19-2013, 04:35 AM
Who cares, having it start later means it will finish after the Western Conference Finals. If the Spurs do make it through then if anything, this is an advantage for the Spurs.

justinandimcool
05-19-2013, 05:07 AM
San Antonio will get 3 days off after game 2, which I think is better. I'd rather SA get a break in the middle of a series rather than right at the beginning where guys would come back rusty.

this. we get 3 days off, Pacers get 3 days off.

but omg the NBA is out to get us :cry

manu
05-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah I agree, man wtf! Would it have been played on Sunday though or Monday? There is no back to back! So it would have been Monday correct? The Spurs and GS potential game would have been Sunday! NY and INDY Monday! So why not start us on Tuesday or even MONDAY! I mean that would make sense too.

Exactly, good point!

Oh well, hopefully Kawhi's knee is rested enough for today's game.

Budkin
05-19-2013, 10:41 AM
The laughable part is that we're playing at 2:30. Why can't we at least play at night? Fucking hate this midday shit.

Chinook
05-19-2013, 10:49 AM
It's more about ticketing/broadcasting than anything else. The Spurs knew they'd be hosting a game today, whether it were Golden State or Memphis, so the AT&T Center crew could get a game ready on short notice. All they'd have to do was reprint programs and such.

Either the Knicks would have hosted a game tomorrow or the Heat would have. It could have hurt ticket sales in Miami if they had thought they'd be hosting a game tomorrow only to find out the semi-final wasn't over. By starting the ECF on Wednesday, the NBA could guarantee Miami that they wouldn't have to reschedule. Even though MSG was getting ready for Game 7 in vain, it's not like they're pushing a game back; they just don't have one anymore.

skulls138
05-19-2013, 11:55 AM
I think that bodes better for the Pacers honestly. Its JUST the right amount of time off.

boutons_deux
05-19-2013, 11:58 AM
yeah, good for the Pacers. Will the Heat be rusty from the long layoff?

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Either the Spurs will have an opportunity to rest up for the Finals, or it won't matter at all.

gameFACE
05-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Agree. They had a day off after GS Game 6 and a workout yesterday without having to travel. This gives both some rest and keeps them in rhythm. The short rest is good for two games and then they get this nice break to not only rest but break down film on the Grizzlies before going to Memphis.

spurraider21
05-19-2013, 12:56 PM

thats why
what's your point? the potential game 7 between the Spurs and Warriors would have been today. same scenario, and yet we play today, and they get an additional 3 days off?

Sean Cagney
05-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Exactly, good point!

Oh well, hopefully Kawhi's knee is rested enough for today's game.

Oh well they came out in game one and handled business anyways, looked great so I won't bitch about it anymore. Game one early and done.

J.T.
05-19-2013, 08:42 PM

thats why

Their game 6 was on Sat. You mean Monday, which would have given NY or IND one day off before the East Finals.

Arcadian
05-19-2013, 08:55 PM
It's good if we make the Finals. The West champs will likely have significantly more rest than the East champs.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 09:09 PM
It's good if we make the Finals. The West champs will likely have significantly more rest than the East champs.

And if Wade isn't right for the conference finals, he won't have time to get right before the end of the season. Might be the only crack of daylight for either the Spurs or the Grizzlies tbh.

Reck
05-19-2013, 09:23 PM
:lol giving ample days off when this series will be 5 game tops.

LarryDavid
05-20-2013, 12:25 AM
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8918/questioneverythingexcep.jpg

Knoxxx
05-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Common sense: Spurs should have played Wednesday, MI/IN Tuesday. However, with the blowout win I think we have sucessfully turned the tables on that vermin Stern. Speaking of which, why is that ass clown still hanging around? I thought he was retiring mid-season or something?

Counting the days...