PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Alonzo Mourning says,"Scottie (Pippen) told me Lebron would kick MJ's ass"

Thebesteva
05-19-2013, 02:23 AM
http://dimemag.com/2013/05/scottie-pippen-lebron-would-kick-mjs-ass-via-alonzo-mourning/

Not sure if he's talking about basketball or fisticuffs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpOJr52iLnY&feature=player_embedded

Thebesteva
05-19-2013, 02:24 AM
BTW...this nigga is one dark mofo...he looks like noob saibot in this video

lefty
05-19-2013, 02:53 AM
Zo still butthurt that MJ dominated his Heat :lol

Thebesteva
05-19-2013, 03:03 AM
Zo still butthurt that MJ dominated his Heat :lol

True. It's gonna take a TON of new shit we've never seen before for Lebron to surpass Kobe much less Jordan. He started his career 0\2 in the Finals even after having one of the greatest teams ever assembled. He has to win atleast 4-5 rings to surpass Kobe and 7-8 to surpass Jordan.

I just can't accept Lebron being greater until he does some unseen shit as a LEADER. He never posessed that trait, and as much as I love Peyton Manning, he is the ultimate choker as is Lebron up till this last year or so. I feel that trait will return sooner than later.

lefty
05-19-2013, 03:07 AM
As a leader ?

Lebron LED a shitty Cavs team to the FInals
He led the much better HEat to the FInals in 2011, but they lost
He led them to the title in 2012

When did Kobe ring as the leader ? :lol

Thebesteva
05-19-2013, 03:17 AM
As a leader ?

Lebron LED a shitty Cavs team to the FInals
He led the much better HEat to the FInals in 2011, but they lost
He led them to the title in 2012

When did Kobe ring as the leader ? :lol

2008-2010 Kobe finally became the player I always wished he'd become. He took that Lakers team without Bynum to the finals. Honestly, that Laker team was shit, aside from Gasol and Odom that team was highly overrated that year. Ariza sat out the entire year after breaking his foot and the 3rd best player that year on the Lakers was Sasha Vujajcic believe it or not. Once we got Gasol, you can see the level of talent Kobe had by leading that team past the Spurs and into the Finals against a 100% healthy Celtics and still challenging them to 6 games.

2009-2010 he definitely cemented his legacy for whatever it is. I agree with you that in the threepeat years he was option 1B and shaq was clearly 1A. But that's not his fault, he was brought into a team that didnt want to build around him at the time and wanted to win ASAP. The most important fact is, they did win multiple championships in only 4 years upon being assembled and Kobe never choked as option 1B under Phil Jackson.

I agree with all the hatred Kobe gets for being a chucker, a bad leader, etc etc. But I really feel whatever Phil and Derek Fisher did to that guy in 08-2010 channeled the greatest player I've seen since Jordan. The guy had balls 2nd to none.

I watch Lebron's games alot, he is amazing. But he lacks mentally, and I am not saying he doesn't deserve to be mentioned amongst the greats but the guy is the Floyd Mayweather of the NBA. He doesn't want to challenge himself and wants the easiest way out.

You can debate it, write a 5 page paper about it, but the guy had to team up with one of his arch rivals (Everyone pretends now D-Wade and Lebron were not rivals in 06-07) D-Wade to finally get his confidence.

Pelicans78
05-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Lebron couldn't guard MJ consistently and MJ would have a tough time guarding Lebron in the paint. But MJ had more moves to work with and was a little quicker laterally.

Clipper Nation
05-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Pippen going HAM on Dad Killer tbh :lol

jag
05-19-2013, 10:32 AM
It's gonna take a TON of new shit we've never seen before for Lebron to surpass Kobe

:lmao

:lmao

Budkin
05-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Pippen still bitter about living in Jordan's shadow.

JamStone
05-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Leading a team, hard to pick anyone but Jordan.

In a game of one-on-one, I'd take LeBron easily.

lefty
05-19-2013, 02:02 PM
I still take Jordan 1 on 1

Dude was so competitive, so mean

Killakobe81
05-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Leading a team, hard to pick anyone but Jordan.

In a game of one-on-one, I'd take LeBron easily.

Disagree.
Lebron is a greater physical specimen no doubt but 1 on 1 is so diffrent ...
James huge advantages like speed are less an advantage in a half-court than they are when he has a fullcourt to work with ...
Lebron though a beast has a ugly post game.
1 on 1 unless James has his jumper REALLY working I take MJ.
MJ could limit Lebron's game more than the other way around imho ...

Give them both the same coaching, same rules same team-mates I take Lebron in a full-court 5 on 5

AaronY
05-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Disagree.
James huge advantages like speed are less an advantage in a half-court than they are when he has a fullcourt to work with ...

Give them both the same coaching, same rules same team-mates I take Lebron in a full-court 5 on 5
I dunno whod win but, random thoughts; Jordan talked about how he would defend Lebron in this one article (http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/Michael-Jordan/michael-jordan-not-left-building) and most of the stuff he said about how James habits/tendencies I noticed later was balls on accurate..MJ had a more fluid, versatile offensive game while Lebron is more mechanical and physical..Jordan, save for this year was a much better jump shooter if Lebron can keep up the shooting he's displayed this season you could say he's almost as good a jump shooter as Jordan even..it's kind of a weird matchup because Jordan I think is a lot quicker like in a ten yard dash kind of way while Lebron would have like a 40 yard dash advantage..

JamStone
05-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Disagree.

There isn't anything Jordan can do physically to stop LeBron from getting to the rim every single time in a one-on-one setting. In his prime, Jordan played at a weight around 205 lbs. James literally has 50 pounds of muscle weight on Jordan. If there were a difference in athleticism or speed, it might make up for that. But LeBron is not only taller and longer and a lot stronger, he has virtually the same type of elite athleticism as Jordan if not better. How can Jordan stop him one-on-one? I don't see it. Skills count for nothing if LeBron is just continually attacking the basket every time.

namlook
05-19-2013, 05:32 PM
There isn't anything Jordan can do physically to stop LeBron from getting to the rim every single time in a one-on-one setting. In his prime, Jordan played at a weight around 205 lbs. James literally has 50 pounds of muscle weight on Jordan. If there were a difference in athleticism or speed, it might make up for that. But LeBron is not only taller and longer and a lot stronger, he has virtually the same type of elite athleticism as Jordan if not better. How can Jordan stop him one-on-one? I don't see it. Skills count for nothing if LeBron is just continually attacking the basket every time.

Lebron wouldn't be able to guard him either. I think Jordan would get a few steals and force more missed shots than Lebron would. A young Jordan would blow right past Lebron to the rim and dunk on him. An older Jordan would shoot fade away after fade away. Mentally, Jordan is much more ruthless and competitive. That would be worth a few possessions in Jordan's favor as well.

JamStone
05-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Lebron wouldn't be able to guard him either. I think Jordan would get a few steals and force more missed shots than Lebron would. A young Jordan would blow right past Lebron to the rim and dunk on him. An older Jordan would shoot fade away after fade away. Mentally, Jordan is much more ruthless and competitive. That would be worth a few possessions in Jordan's favor as well.

Simply disagree. If Jordan gets a few steals on LeBron, I'd figure LeBron would do the same to Jordan. Some people act like Jordan was a perfect player who never made mistakes. Was he 100% when he shot the fade-away? Was he even 75%? No, he's miss his share of fade aways too. But if LeBron attacks the rim, he'll make more of those shots than Jordan makes of his fade aways. And I don't think Jordan blows right past Lebron every time any more than LeBron can just muscle his way through Jordan every time.

Quadzilla99
05-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Lol @ Lebron is too big for Jordan. LBJ just shot 43% against Jimmy Butler who is not exactly Karl Malone out there:

http://www.suntimes.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=kM29S G76atdwdpzRLx6hQc$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYuG9gwjLJIGxRq cEhDjQbdAWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Quadzilla99
05-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Seriously, Butler gave him all kinds of problems if you actually watched the series. Lebron was still thd best player on the court at all times, but if you watched it he struggled at times against Jimmy Butler of all people.

DAF86
05-19-2013, 06:09 PM
True. It's gonna take a TON of new shit we've never seen before for Lebron to surpass Kobe much less Jordan. He started his career 0\2 in the Finals even after having one of the greatest teams ever assembled. He has to win atleast 4-5 rings to surpass Kobe and 7-8 to surpass Jordan.

I just can't accept Lebron being greater until he does some unseen shit as a LEADER. He never posessed that trait, and as much as I love Peyton Manning, he is the ultimate choker as is Lebron up till this last year or so. I feel that trait will return sooner than later.

Lebron is already better than Kobe.

MarioSpeedwagon
05-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Butler definitely made Lebron work for his points. Lebron would not just steamroll through Jordan, thats retarded hyperbole you would expect from a 13 year old wigger, bandwagon Heat fan who started watching the game around the summer of 2010.

Killakobe81
05-19-2013, 07:40 PM

I think you underestimate Jordan's strength ...and defensive ability when locked in. To a lessor degree than Achilles ...Mj is overrated on defense by some. But when he actually took a challenge (which I'm taking a wild guess ...but in this hypothetical he would be) he was one of the great defensive players of all time. He just loved scoring so much he never aspired to THAT level of Defense consistently. Put James in front of him ... he does.

And I get Achilles ASG blocks on him were ultimately meaningless but if a past his prime Achilles could have limited success defending James .. Im betting Mj could as well. If Lebron is gonna just bully MJ everytime I just dont see that as a more effective way of scoring then Mj would have on James.

Again I used to play a lot of 1 on 1 and I was usually undersized... just because someone weighs more or is even stronger than you doesnt mean they can score easy on you in the paint. Lebron would have work hard to back him down to get there in the first place ...and I could see MJ denying him his favorite spots.

Would really love to hear from other guys who played a lot of 1 on 1 ...I know this matchup is mystical and hypothetical but I just dont see how the greatest iso player I have ever seen, loses to admittedly one of the greatest team players (james) I have ever seen in a school yard matchup.

I still maintain Lebron can supass MJ as GOAT but 1 on1 Im not even sure Lebron could beat Achilles or Melo tbh ...and if Durant is hot he would have a outside shot ... if gets hot from outside but I would bet on James.

Put it this way I say out of 10 times Im choosing MJ 6 or 7 ...
Score 11-8 (when I played 1 on 1 first one to 11 win by 2 was the norm ...)

And im no Mj fan either I think he gets overrated by plenty of folks but he is still the GOAT of the players I have seen ...

Quadzilla99
05-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Yeah, this guy is some Reggie Miller/Durant type waif who would be helpless against LBJ

http://cbscharlotte.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/222787.jpg?w=195&h=146&crop=1

LakerHater
05-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Is he talkin a fist fight?

Cuz Id take LeBron too!