PDA

View Full Version : Green should play big defensively against Conley

Mojazz
05-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Gasol and ZBo can go Fiesta inside the paint but the real factor in this series is to stop their floor general Mike Conley and Danny Green should play bigger than he did against Curry.

exstatic
05-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Gasol and ZBo can go Fiesta inside the paint but the real factor in this series is to stop their floor general Mike Conley and Danny Green should play bigger than he did against Curry.

I'd actually put Kawhi on him, Green on Tay, and Tony on Tony.

100%duncan
05-19-2013, 09:48 AM
If Green was able to shut down Curry, he can shut down Conley too.

Boomersgold
05-19-2013, 11:37 AM
If Green was able to shut down Curry, he can shut down Conley too.

Except that Green didn't really shut down Curry.. He shut down a hobbled Curry that required pain injections in order to play.

spurraider21
05-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Except that Green didn't really shut down Curry.. He shut down a hobbled Curry that required pain injections in order to play.

Curry struggled huge in game 2 and in game 3 and got his injury near the end of game 3 when it was already decided.

100%duncan
05-19-2013, 01:21 PM

:lol Green shutdown Curry on game 3 before the injury.

look at the stats and from games 1 to 3 when green was guarding curry. Curry couldn't play his game when Green was guarding him.

Boomersgold
05-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Curry struggled huge in game 2 and in game 3 and got his injury near the end of game 3 when it was already decided.

Curry rolled his left ankle in the Denver series, and everyone knows that he had multiple surgeries on his right. I want Danny to do well against Wade, but his defensive performance against Curry in the second round is overrated.

spurraider21
05-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Curry rolled his left ankle in the Denver series, and everyone knows that he had multiple surgeries on his right. I want Danny to do well against Wade, but his defensive performance against Curry in the second round is overrated.

See: Spurs-Warriors game 1

Boomersgold
05-19-2013, 01:38 PM
:lol Green shutdown Curry on game 3 before the injury.

look at the stats and from games 1 to 3 when green was guarding curry. Curry couldn't play his game when Green was guarding him.

I completely agree. In contrast to what Parker what able to do against him, Green's defense was definitely much more effective. Although I think Curry destroying Parker and struggling against Green had more to do with Parker being a terrible perimeter defender than Green being a 'defensive ace'.

100%duncan
05-19-2013, 01:45 PM
I completely agree. In contrast to what Parker what able to do against him, Green's defense was definitely much more effective. Although I think Curry destroying Parker and struggling against Green had more to do with Parker being a terrible perimeter defender than Green being a 'defensive ace'.

:lol Stats disprove your thinking tbh. Like I said, look at the stats when Green was guarding Curry. It has nothing to do with TP or anyone else.