05-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the reverse jynx double thread. :pop: approves
Best game of the playoffs so far.

dbreiden83080
05-19-2013, 04:57 PM
http://stoptalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/shhh2.jpg

tmtcsc
05-19-2013, 04:58 PM
It wasn't a jinx or reverse-double jinx. He was completely being honest and I'm sure he's thrilled at the result today. Spurs play spoke volumes today - more than my or anyone else's opinion. Spurs were ready, gave great effort and played smart basketball. It's just one game unfortunately. I hope Spurs come out with same type of game in game 2. I expect the Grizzlies will come back strong.

hater
05-19-2013, 04:59 PM
:lmao timvp was serious

:lmao he'll probably follow that up with giving manu a B+ on his game grades :lmao

The Reckoning
05-19-2013, 04:59 PM
i dont know... a team that lives and dies by the 3 isnt hot for long...

Darkwaters
05-19-2013, 05:00 PM
So much of the prediction I think was predicated on the Spurs having looked pretty gimpy recently. But the whole team had a spring in their step, played solid defense, and moved the ball like we haven't seen in a while. Very much unlike the Warriors series honestly.

No need to try and call any poster out on it.

timtonymanu
05-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Save this thread if the Spurs win the series.

Wayyy too early with all these threads.

DawgMilkX
05-19-2013, 05:06 PM
This game reminded me of the way they played before Parker went down. We are finally playing spurs basketball

Kuestmaster
05-19-2013, 05:08 PM
C'mon people, I was just joking. Timvp gives the best takes and analysis about the spurs, it's well known. Just having a little fun after a great game. I don't know if we are going to win it all, hell I don't know if we're going to get to the finals. But enjoy the moment guys, it's a good time to be a spurs fan, we just kicked a grizzly butt, one down, three to go.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-19-2013, 05:08 PM

With the exception of a couple of those threes, the Spurs were wide open and they made shots that they should make. I saw plenty of missed shots that the Spurs also should make. It wasn't Spurs just shooting flukishly well, it was the Spurs going into the game with a perfect gameplan and they executed it perfectly. They drew double teams, stretched the floor, and the players made their wide open shots. Meanwhile on the other side of the floor, they forced Gasol to get the ball too far from the hoop for his comfort, and then they played great defense on Randolph. The Spurs may not shoot as well on Tuesday, but they just won by 22, they'd be fine with a few more missed threes.

EricB
05-19-2013, 05:09 PM

except they don't.

DejuanorwhatDude
05-19-2013, 05:10 PM
If Memphis doesn't contest the threes...they lose. Can't leave Bonner/Green/Leonard that open regardless of how much they have choked before.

hater
05-19-2013, 05:10 PM
With the exception of a couple of those threes, the Spurs were wide open and they made shots that they should make.

pretty much. these were not fluke 3s like Golden State. But wide open. Memphis will make the adjustments and we probably won't see this for the remainder of the series. thus why I call this a fluke game.

J.T.
05-19-2013, 05:12 PM
timvp did bash the Spurs for playing sloppy, not moving the ball the way they used to and Parker being too banged up.

I have never been a fan of putting too much stock into something because it's current or new, but they looked pretty damn good today. Even Bonner went off today. Well played all around game for the Spurs. I think they might be a little pissed off about 2011, just a hunch.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-19-2013, 05:13 PM
this thread is a jinx it's self tbh

prem ejack

dbreiden83080
05-19-2013, 05:15 PM
pretty much. these were not fluke 3s like Golden State. But wide open. Memphis will make the adjustments and we probably won't see this for the remainder of the series. thus why I call this a fluke game.

If we play good D and spread the floor we will have open shots. Tony needs to get in the lane as well the rest of the series to make those openings easier unless they start conceding that and stay with the shooters. What I like about this series is there is no panic about Memphis on Offense. They grind and grind away, the 20 point explosion in 3 min is not a factor like it was with GS or even OKC last year. They have nobody on the team that is un-guardable.

Budkin
05-19-2013, 05:17 PM
No way Memphis is going to play this bad again. Still taking Spurs in 6-7 but Memphis just had a shitty fucking game.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Some of you morons seem to think that any three pointer where there's not a hand in your face is automatically a "good" three pointer. You also seem to think that a long two is a bad shot. Nobody likes when the Spurs get three happy less than I do, and I'd classify maybe two of today's shots as "bad" attempts. There were times that guys were taking twos with a three point shooter spotted up and I thought they should have passed it. The ball movement was excellent, and the Grizzlies' defense was way on their heels from the opening jump. In that kind of offense, you shoot without hesitation when the ball comes to you in rhythm, and the Spurs did exactly that.

By the way, if the Spurs go cold in that game from three point range, they still win the game by 12.

EVAY
05-19-2013, 06:01 PM
No way Memphis is going to play this bad again. Still taking Spurs in 6-7 but Memphis just had a shitty fucking game.

This. People seem to forget that the Grizz also lost the first game of both of their previous series.

therealtruth
05-19-2013, 06:47 PM
We've seen this script before last year. What matters are the Spurs adjustments to the Grizzlies adjustments.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 06:57 PM
This. People seem to forget that the Grizz also lost the first game of both of their previous series.

So this is part of their game planning, just like being "worried" about Matt Bonner and then leaving him open a dozen times.

Truthfully, I :loled.

EVAY
05-19-2013, 07:06 PM
So this is part of their game planning, just like being "worried" about Matt Bonner and then leaving him open a dozen times.

Truthfully, I :loled.

Oh, please. All I meant by that was that 'one game is not a series...etc.etc. etc."

Stop trying to stretch what is nothing more than 'maintain appropriate fear' into a straw man.

truthfully, you should :lol at yourself.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Oh, please. All I meant by that was that 'one game is not a series...etc.etc. etc."

Stop trying to stretch what is nothing more than 'maintain appropriate fear' into a straw man.

truthfully, you should :lol at yourself.
I know what you meant. It's still funny. I wasn't really laughing at you, I was just laughing at the way I interpreted what you said, which is still irrelevant to everything in the world other than "it's only one game", which is what you meant, and that of course, is true. :toast

EVAY
05-19-2013, 08:10 PM
I know what you meant. It's still funny. I wasn't really laughing at you, I was just laughing at the way I interpreted what you said, which is still irrelevant to everything in the world other than "it's only one game", which is what you meant, and that of course, is true. :toast

Fair enough. And I promise to get over myself. lol!

Budkin
05-19-2013, 08:14 PM

And against the Clips they were down 2-0.

dbreiden83080
05-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Memphis has to kill us inside to beat us. They don't have shooters.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 09:00 PM
And against the Clips they were down 2-0.

Spurs should seriously think about tanking this next game in order to disrupt Memphis' game plan.

TampaDude
05-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Spurs should seriously think about tanking this next game in order to disrupt Memphis' game plan.

:lol

BillMc
05-19-2013, 09:19 PM

:rollin

cd021
05-19-2013, 09:36 PM

The Spurs haven't been as reliant in the post season and are 9-2. That bodes well. They are also playing as good defense as Memphis is.

cd021
05-19-2013, 09:36 PM

Interesting...

Also we have lost 2 series that cost us a potiential trip to the finals after leading 2-0 (Lakers in 04 Semi's & OKC last season in the WCF)

Budkin
05-19-2013, 11:43 PM

:lol I'm just paranoid as fuck against this team. 2011 was a shit sandwich.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2013, 02:08 AM
:lol I'm just paranoid as fuck against this team. 2011 was a shit sandwich.

With the exception of 2007, every year since 2006 has been a shit sandwich. There's not really a season to feel good about in there other than the last championship.