PDA

View Full Version : Which part of Grit and Grind is "commit flagrant fouls???????????"

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Spurs better watch out for their "gritting and grinding" in the next game

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Just like in the thread talking about what a thug Z-Bo is, I'll believe it when I see it. I fully expect Memphis fans to be calling for hard fouls before game 3 if this keeps up, but I don't think the team will oblige them.

EricB
05-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Tony Allen maybe but other than that, grizzlies aren't cheap shot artists like LA or GSW could've been.

Kidd K
05-19-2013, 06:09 PM
They probably will, but they will target Tony Parker specifically, not random people like Tiago. Then they'll pretend it was an accident even though it isn't. Like how the Warriors kept trying to knee Tony Parker when they set screens to slow him down and how Tony Allen stuck his foot out to trip Parker this afternoon.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah, it's funny that Hubie Dumbass was sure that Allen didn't trip Parker, even after the replay. :lol

DMC
05-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Just like in the thread talking about what a thug Z-Bo is, I'll believe it when I see it. I fully expect Memphis fans to be calling for hard fouls before game 3 if this keeps up, but I don't think the team will oblige them.

Like Spurs fans called for hard fouls against GS?

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 06:54 PM

Yeah, it's what ignorant loser fans do when their team is getting facefucked by an opponent that they have no defense for. Some of us called those people out as losers and suggested the Spurs play their starting lineup.

Captivus
05-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Yeah, it's funny that Hubie Dumbass was sure that Allen didn't trip Parker, even after the replay. :lol

smh. Obvious foul. Unnecessary, flagrant 1.

Clipper Nation
05-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Tony Allen maybe but other than that, grizzlies aren't cheap shot artists like LA or GSW could've been.

ZBo is a cheapshotter too....

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 07:38 PM
smh. Obvious foul. Unnecessary, flagrant 1.

There's precedence in the playoffs. Dahntay Jones on Kobe Bryant, and Kobe didn't even have the ball.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 07:39 PM
ZBo is a cheapshotter too....
I'm sorry to laugh at you, but :lol.

Actually, the league office called and upgraded that :lol to a :lmao. Again, sorry. I love Blake Griffin, but he's a soft, flopping, whining pansy.

TheyCallMePro
05-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Well it looked like Tony Allen tripped Parker on purpose on that fast break. So there's that

And then there was Randolph, who pushed Tim under the basket pretty hard and wasn't even called for a foul...but he does that ALL the time so the refs let that crap go most of the time.

Otherwise I didn't see much. Trust me, Randolph and Allen are going to commit MUCH dirtier fouls in the games to come. It's just the way they play. The Spurs just need to alert the refs and try to keep it down to a minimum.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Randolph was frustrated when he pushed Duncan. It's not a product of being dirty, it's a product of having a bad game, being covered by a good defender, and being frustrated.

Again, if the NBA is consistent, that trip will be upgraded by the league office to a flagrant before the next game.

Knoxxx
05-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Randolph is an undersized little thug who's out of his league in this series. Hopefully these fucked up refs will watch the film and realize they should have fouled his ass out by halftime.

Lucky for us, that bitch used up his lifetime quota of lucky ass shots back in 2011 and Duncan is healthy this time around. Had to love TD's block early on "Z-toad", set the tone for the entire series and showed what an undersized no talent cheap shot little punk he is!

Darius McCrary
05-19-2013, 10:05 PM
It was the definition of a flagrant 1.

GSH
05-19-2013, 10:37 PM

Yeah, it's what ignorant loser fans do when their team is getting facefucked by an opponent that they have no defense for. Some of us called those people out as losers and suggested the Spurs play their starting lineup.

I called for hard fouls against GS, and there's a difference between that and playing dirty. If you're going to get called for a foul anyway, make damned sure you don't let the guy put up the shot and get an and-1.

As for Z-Bo's push on Duncan? It was a foul that didn't get called. But dirty? Not even close. I see guys using that two-handed push to get space all the time. It's just another one of the things that made me get tired of watching the NBA. That push didn't hurt Duncan. The trip on Parker could have been bad, but even that was just one of those things that happens in a split second. I don't think he had time to think about it. He was just beaten on the play and trying to slow Parker down. The refs called it, and that was it. Even Tony laughed it off. The league may upgrade it, just because it's a dangerous thing... but I seriously doubt it. But I don't think there was any intent there to hurt Parker.

I guess a lot of you have forgotten Mario Elie and Jerome Kersey, and Danny Ferry and Kevin Willis. What do you think it meant for them to "lay some wood" on an opposing player? But I never saw one of them undercut a shooter, or take the legs out from under a guy who was up in the air. The difference between a charge and a block is sometimes hard to spot, but the line isn't drawn at solid contact. Sometimes I think a player is more likely to be the one whistled if he wimps out and just brushes the other guy.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2013, 02:06 AM
I called for hard fouls against GS, and there's a difference between that and playing dirty. If you're going to get called for a foul anyway, make damned sure you don't let the guy put up the shot and get an and-1.
In other words, what you're saying is, "if you're going to foul, freaking foul." What you and DMC are talking about are different things. Calling for your defenders to stop and-ones is not the same thing as people who were on here saying the Spurs needed to put Curry down on the floor because they feared his shooting ability, or Nuggets or Suns fans calling for their team to crush Manu when he went to the basket. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have disagreed with what you're suggesting, because preventing and and-one is just smart basketball. There are several Spurs who try not to foul, avoid too much contact, foul anyway, and give up an easy basket. That's unacceptable.

As for Z-Bo's push on Duncan? It was a foul that didn't get called. But dirty? Not even close. I see guys using that two-handed push to get space all the time. It's just another one of the things that made me get tired of watching the NBA. That push didn't hurt Duncan. The trip on Parker could have been bad, but even that was just one of those things that happens in a split second. I don't think he had time to think about it. He was just beaten on the play and trying to slow Parker down. The refs called it, and that was it. Even Tony laughed it off. The league may upgrade it, just because it's a dangerous thing... but I seriously doubt it. But I don't think there was any intent there to hurt Parker.
Yep and yep. Z-bo's competetive, and wasn't playing well. Guys push each other like that a dozen times per game. I'm sure he looked at that replay and was grateful he got away with it. The league SHOULD upgrade the trip to a flagrant because they did it when Kobe got tripped, and it's the exact same thing. I'll be shocked if they do, and the last time the league shocked me was when they suspended Bruce Bowen, so I highly doubt they'll rule in the Spurs' favor when given an opportunity.

I guess a lot of you have forgotten Mario Elie and Jerome Kersey, and Danny Ferry and Kevin Willis. What do you think it meant for them to "lay some wood" on an opposing player? But I never saw one of them undercut a shooter, or take the legs out from under a guy who was up in the air. The difference between a charge and a block is sometimes hard to spot, but the line isn't drawn at solid contact. Sometimes I think a player is more likely to be the one whistled if he wimps out and just brushes the other guy.
I remember Danny Ferry hacking and shoving Jordan so much in a playoff game that Jordan nearly punched him. Ferry came off the bench just to do it. I miss the old days when you crushed a guy for trying to draw a charge. Nobody tried to draw charges against Barkley or Malone. Break someone's sternum with your shoulder and the rest of the league either goes for the shot block or lets you score. That's no dirtier than trying to dislodge the ball at home plate. It's not the same thing as Erick Dampier putting Tony Parker down because he's in the process of sweeping the Mavs out of the playoffs.

100%duncan
05-20-2013, 02:08 AM
Tony Allen is a known dirty player but other than that, Grizz did nothing out of the blue tbh.

KaiRMD1
05-20-2013, 02:34 AM

Hubie has been bitter about that sweep in 2004

Splits
05-20-2013, 02:39 AM
Is Kermit Washington still alive? Perhaps the Grizz can suit his corpse up for game 2