PDA

View Full Version : RED MAMBA WAS OUT IN FULL FORCE!!!

Kawhi4ROY
05-19-2013, 05:35 PM
F U to all you bonner haters!

:downspin:

RD2191
05-19-2013, 05:37 PM
If he does it in game 2 then I will give him props. For now, he is still a perennial playoff choker.

xTovar210
05-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Bonner was RED hot today. Hopefully he can keep up this shooting performance.

DPG21920
05-19-2013, 05:40 PM
That was a great game from Bonner and he did a great job on both ends. He played so much more physical and he did not hesitate for one second. Good news is, MEM was slow to close out so he had his normal time to shoot off of great passes and he was set.

I don't care if he chokes later because all you need is one role player a game to step up and it helps you win.

The Reckoning
05-19-2013, 05:41 PM
bonner had that ice cold look in his eyes

hater
05-19-2013, 05:42 PM
:rolleyes

Bonner will make shot if so wide open. Especially at home. The problem is he's a huge liability on D and chokes when there's hand on his face.

davidbowie
05-19-2013, 05:43 PM
my boy red rocket is carving up the grizz down low. hard box outs, throwing elbows, sticky defense plus he's making it rain. right on brother.

davidbowie
05-19-2013, 05:44 PM

Bonner will make shot if so wide open. Especially at home. The problem is he's a huge liability on D and chokes when there's hand on his face.

HATER!!!!!!

td4mvp2k
05-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Mamba mvp!

ElNono
05-19-2013, 05:48 PM
you take every single game from Matty like this one... you know he's going to get the minutes, so you absolutely take any kind of production he can give you...

EricB
05-19-2013, 05:50 PM

Clearly someone who didn't watch his defense today..

200 miles
05-19-2013, 05:51 PM
ALL HAIL MATTY B!!!

Who needs the Golden God when you have the Red Mamba

Just start Bonner already Pop, you know you want to.

Better than Splitter, tbh.
Better than Diaw, tbh.
Better than Blair, tbh.

IMO he's the second best player on the team, tbh, after Parker, of course.

Come on in and join the party and celebrate, Charlie Sheen and Borosai and Drz!!!!

Goddamn Bonner is so good!!!!!!! Praise HIM!!!!!!

tim_duncan_fan
05-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Great job today, Bonner!

hater
05-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Clearly someone who didn't watch his defense today..

clearly someone thinks one home game vs. a struggling front court disproves my point :rolleyes

rasho8
05-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Splitter needs to stay as the starter. If you get ZBo and Gasol dejected early it will open the outside to our three makers.

200 miles
05-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Splitter needs to stay as the starter. If you get ZBo and Gasol dejected early it will open the outside to our three makers.

Splitter is shit on a pussy. Bonner can take Randolph to school on offense while shutting him down on defense.

EricB
05-19-2013, 06:03 PM
clearly someone thinks one home game vs. a struggling front court disproves my point :rolleyes

played the same good D vs the Lakers too, or do you want to keep moving the goal posts?

UZER
05-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Great job by matt. Every hates on him (including me) because he should have been doing this for the past 7 yrs. I posted before the playoffs started he was due for a good playoff showing by pure %. Next year he could suck again, but eventually he was bound to have a good playoff run.

DPG21920
05-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Look - with role players, they are always going to be limited for the most part (unless you have a Ginobili 6th man type of situation). There will be a lot of up's and down's, especially in the playoffs. But if they can step up and play a big part in winning a playoff game, even if it's just one game, that justifies their contracts IMO. Bonner has had a few really good playoff games this year and this was a Western Conference Finals game so it counts double..

By the way, as I mentioned earlier in this thread; what a difference having guys in their proper roles can do. When you put a guy in a position to fail (i.e. starting Bonner in playoff games) it always hurts them. Put them in a role in which they can succeed and you see some of the positive results that can arise from that decision.

ace3g
05-19-2013, 06:13 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09ZPcSC4VRgUP/x1400.jpg

mudyez
05-19-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm not his biggest fan, but I also said, that we need exactly his type of guy in this series and should give Bonner a chance.

He delivered!

DarrinS
05-19-2013, 06:31 PM
It's amazing what happens when you just take the damn shot

DarrinS
05-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Prob his best playoff game ever, but the bar was set at limbo height

FuzzyLumpkins
05-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Bonner deserves a lot of credit. I have been down on him like everyone else but he has played great these playoffs.

Borosai
05-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Damn straight.

HI-FI
05-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Look - with role players, they are always going to be limited for the most part (unless you have a Ginobili 6th man type of situation). There will be a lot of up's and down's, especially in the playoffs. But if they can step up and play a big part in winning a playoff game, even if it's just one game, that justifies their contracts IMO. Bonner has had a few really good playoff games this year and this was a Western Conference Finals game so it counts double..

By the way, as I mentioned earlier in this thread; what a difference having guys in their proper roles can do. When you put a guy in a position to fail (i.e. starting Bonner in playoff games) it always hurts them. Put them in a role in which they can succeed and you see some of the positive results that can arise from that decision.

great point. basically what i've been saying as well. Bonner tries hard, but usually his lack of athleticism bites him in the ass. But if you put him in the right role, give him some confidence, he can be deadly. Props to Bonner for this playoff run so far.

shit, props to Danny Green for the growing confidence/competence as well.

ace3g
05-19-2013, 06:44 PM
James Fraschilla @jamesfraschilla
(http://twitter.com/jamesfraschilla)Matt Bonner puts on for every white kid that wore New Balance sneakers in middle school basketball games

99 Problems
05-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Red Mamba is a champion.

DrunkTXLabrat
05-19-2013, 07:34 PM
It's amazing what happens when you just take the damn shot

bonner is the temp gauge. if he is hot it's a spurs win! if he's cold...

TampaDude
05-19-2013, 08:18 PM
James Fraschilla @jamesfraschilla
(http://twitter.com/jamesfraschilla)Matt Bonner puts on for every white kid that wore New Balance sneakers in middle school basketball games

I'm wearing my NBs right now. :hat

RED MAMBA!!!

Budkin
05-19-2013, 08:21 PM
I still can't believe he's hit as many shots as he has in the playoffs.

silverblackfan
05-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Props to the Red Mamba! He has certainly been better this post-season than ever before. I don't know if it was the Red Mamba moniker or the 3 Pt contest, but he is giving good role player minutes.

It is still scary when Bonner and Blair are the two bigs on the floor...

cd021
05-19-2013, 09:34 PM
If he does it in game 2 then I will give him props. For now, he is still a perennial playoff choker.

Matt Bonner 8-14 (57%) from 3pt. By far his best postseason so far. In his 7 seasons in San Antonio he has hit no better 37%. Prior to these playoffs he hit 28% of his 3pts. He has already broken that mold in a big way. He's also averaging 9.7 pts & 5 rpg per 36 minutes.

Drz
05-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Come on in and join the party and celebrate, Charlie Sheen and Borosai and Drz!!!!
:toast

I can't celebrate too hard -- my Bonner playoff story has always been small sample size, small sample size, small sample size, and it would be awfully hypocritical of me to trumpet his 12 for 20 this postseason. But it's not like I'm not enjoying watching his postseason 3P% inch closer to his career 3P%.

Moreso than his numbers, I'm enjoying his demeanor, which lo and behold, is the same demeanor he's always had. I hope all the people who think (or thought) he gets "scared" in the playoffs have realized it's time take a nice tall glass of STFU. Bonner very clearly doesn't give a sh!t if it's the playoffs, he's using the EXACT same stroke he's used his entire career, regular season and postseason.

100%duncan
05-19-2013, 11:31 PM
That was a great game from Bonner and he did a great job on both ends. He played so much more physical and he did not hesitate for one second. Good news is, MEM was slow to close out so he had his normal time to shoot off of great passes and he was set.

I don't care if he chokes later because all you need is one role player a game to step up and it helps you win.

This.

Borosai
05-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Matt Bonner 8-14 (57%) from 3pt. By far his best postseason so far. In his 7 seasons in San Antonio he has hit no better 37%. Prior to these playoffs he hit 28% of his 3pts. He has already broken that mold in a big way. He's also averaging 9.7 pts & 5 rpg per 36 minutes.

Actually, including game 1 of the WCF, he's 12/20 (60%).

Legacy
05-20-2013, 01:11 AM
Great game, Matty!

The Red Mamba lookin' pretty deadly out there against dem teddy bears (so far, lol). :hat

cd021
05-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Actually, including game 1 of the WCF, he's 12/20 (60%).

Just realized that Basketball Reference takes longer than ESPN to update.

BackHome
05-20-2013, 11:34 PM
I think we can give Kobe some props for one recognizing how good of a three point shooter Bonner is and for giving him that crazy name. I think that played a huge difference with Bonners fragile mindset for the post season.

Zzakk's Garage
05-21-2013, 02:22 AM
In previous years Matt was default our best big besides TD because of the circumstances.
Tiago was hurt and too new, Boris was too new, Dice was old and slow, DeJuan is too short and sometimes fat, etc.

Matt Bonner has tried his best to become a better defender over the years, and this season it's paying off because he's in the exact situation for which he was aquired--a 3-point master who's kinda tall and doesn't suck too much on defense.
Adding a fairly dependable inside shot really impressed me this year, despite the awkwardness of his dribble when penetrating.

Bottom line is that MB15 is a role player who got a lot of hate for not rising a huge margin above his job description.