PDA

View Full Version : NBA: If the conference champs can draft two players from their conference for the finals..

05-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Who would it be? Players that qualify must have played in the playoffs. Here are mine:

Spurs- Kevin Durant and Marc Gasol, move Green and Splitter to the bench, improves the bench, defense, and scoring

Grizzlies- Kevin Durant and James Harden, they need more scoring ability on the perimeter and Harden would be the perfect 6th man to strengthen their bench

Heat- Roy Hibbert and Kevin Garnett, shores up their front line to battle the West's bigs, also adds interior defense to an already good perimeter defensive team

Pacers- Lebron James and Wade, Lebron for obvious reasons and Wade because he's still the best SG in the East and worth the risk

Finally, which team would come out on top?

Btw, the NBA should implement this rule, would make the finals way more competitive and fun to watch

spursfan1000
05-19-2013, 05:52 PM
I disagree on pacers, put Derrick rose instead of wade , George isn't too far behind wade (Paul George ) , on heat I would switch Garnett with rondo but keep Hibbert

DMC
05-19-2013, 05:55 PM
So Pacers need to be the Heat.

Kidd K
05-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Interesting concept OP.

I agree on your Spurs and Grizzlies picks, those are spot on. I disagree with your east ones though.

Heat: Noah and D. Rose would be the best picks. Noah is better than Hibbert imo, and Rose is the best player in the east that plays a position that Wade and LeBron don't.

Pacers: LeBron and Derrick Rose, moving Hill to the 6th man role (backup PG and also getting penty time at SG).

Dunno about all that being a new rule though. That's kinda silly.

ElNono
05-19-2013, 06:03 PM
tbh, Spurs would be better served by a Harden/Conley combo... basically, players that can split time with TP/Manu, and give our guys some solid rest without changing the way we play... no disrespect to KD....

Latarian Milton
05-19-2013, 11:11 PM
not feasible at this point of time imho. no way in hell would another team's franchise player give out 100% his energy fighting for another team imho. it's an interesting idea though, and if there is such thing in the current league i'd pick D-will for our team, and a defensive big like a healthy TC or hibbert.

durant would be a must-pick for any western team imho. if i were the spurs i'd use the other pick on dirk. duncan has lost so much leg it's hard for him to play PF anymore, which means fat marc would be a surplus to duncan. while dirk and duncan would complement each other pretty well

05-20-2013, 12:17 AM
not feasible at this point of time imho. no way in hell would another team's franchise player give out 100% his energy fighting for another team imho. it's an interesting idea though, and if there is such thing in the current league i'd pick D-will for our team, and a defensive big like a healthy TC or hibbert.

durant would be a must-pick for any western team imho. if i were the spurs i'd use the other pick on dirk. duncan has lost so much leg it's hard for him to play PF anymore, which means fat marc would be a surplus to duncan. while dirk and duncan would complement each other pretty well
It's probably not realistic but it would make the finals a hell lot more fun and competitive.

1. It'll instill a East vs. West mentality and increase viewership.
2. Cities that have their teams eliminated can still watch their favorite player in the finals.
3. Superstars that failed to lead their team to the finals get a chance for redemption and an opportunity to win a ring. If they win, it can be counted as a "finals win" instead of a championship to keep the championship count low.
4. Would provide more parity. Whereas a West team can add a superstar like Durant, the Heat can only upgrade their role players because they already have a superstar core.

Clipper Nation
05-20-2013, 12:19 AM
It would also cheapen the whole point of putting together a team in the offseason and making a run with that core, while also possibly creating chemistry issues at the worst possible time of the year for those to come up....

Mental Masturbation
05-20-2013, 01:22 AM
Dunno if you noticed, but I'm running buck wild itt!!

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2013, 01:30 AM
spurs needs a real point guard for the bench

promote that clown ginoboli to the starting lineup, tired of watchin his hero bullshit chucking and turnover sportscenter highlights when his playing with the bench

Raven
05-20-2013, 01:51 AM
So Pacers need to be the Heat.

pretty much :lol

100%duncan
05-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Imma get KD and Dirk tbh.

Brunodf
05-20-2013, 07:20 PM
TP/Kawhi/KD/K.Love/TD