PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: CBSSports: Dwight is a lock to return

Michael Jordan.
05-19-2013, 06:43 PM
To making his decision on where to sign

With the Lakers hoping for a swift decision from Dwight Howard on his free agency this summer, the All-Star center has given no indication he will rush the process and has privately indicated that he plans to give strong consideration to multiple teams, league sources told CBSSports.com.

Though Howard is adamant that his free agency not be marred by the circus-like environment that surrounded his departure from Orlando last summer, word already has spread to multiple levels of his support staff that Howard re-signing with the Lakers is far from a done deal.

With six weeks to go before Howard becomes an unrestricted free agent, the team that is said to intrigue him the most is the Houston Rockets, according to multiple people briefed on internal conversations surrounding Howard's free-agent decision. The Rockets have a young star, James Harden, who has proved himself worthy of playing the leading role for the franchise; a budding 3-point shooting threat in Chandler Parsons; a defensive-minded coach in Kevin McHale; and Omer Asik, the kind of 7-footer Howard is believed to want next to him in the frontcourt.

The Rockets are a couple of minor moves away from having room to sign Howard; they have a team option on Francisco Garcia's $6.4 million and Carlos Delfino's $3 million is fully non-guaranteed, for example. If they chose to or needed to make a trade to create room, they have numerous attractive young players on tradable contracts, such as 2012 No. 5 pick Thomas Robinson. Such assets could be moved to a team or teams under the cap to create room or packaged in a possible sign-and-trade with LA -- if the Lakers became convinced that Howard would leave and they'd receive nothing in return.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22270956/howard-no-lock-to-return-to-lakers-to-explore-fa-options-intrigued-by-rockets

irishock
05-19-2013, 07:11 PM
sup mike

Michael Jordan.
05-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Sup dawg.

Quadzilla99
05-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Botched grammar. Should have said a lock to return...to being an indecisive egomaniac attn whore.

lmbebo
05-19-2013, 07:57 PM
can't see Asik and Howard working well together offensively. Defensively, could potentially be an imposing front line.

Budkin
05-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Mike breaking the Kobe retiring AND the Dwight staying stories! :tu

LakerHater
05-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Dwight Howard 'intrigued' by Rockets, Mavericks, according to report http://ow.ly/1WquZo (http://t.co/ud3HX3TXaH)

AaronY
05-19-2013, 09:12 PM
can't see Asik and Howard working well together offensively. Defensively, could potentially be an imposing front line.
They would then deal Asik most likely..he would definitely have teams wanting him after the year he put up..

Killakobe81
05-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Fuck him i saiiid ... if he dont want to stay let him walk ...

TheyCallMePro
05-19-2013, 09:51 PM
I'll never understand the Dwight Howard hype. He has an extremely poor all-around offensive game. He's never made a shot outside of 2 feet from the basket in his life. He won't use his size and strength to dominate, and he's a TERRIBLE free-throw shooter.

Dwight benefited a ton from being on the Magic. They were loaded with 3 point shooters that allowed Dwight room inside, which he badly needed. And it sickens me that Dwight gets credit for Orlando's run to the finals a few years ago. Their 3 point shooters got them there. Hedo Turkoglu played like MJ until he went ice-cold in the finals. When the Lakers guarded the 3 point line, the series was over. They realized that Dwight was a paper tiger inside, and so they said "Let's try to make Dwight beat us". He failed.

Any team that pays Dwight the max is a team that will regret it dearly. He has MAJOR, MAJOR flaws in his game, and like Charles has said before, he's shown NO IMPROVEMENT WHATSOEVER since day one. He's the same player he was in 2004, and that's just sad. Shaq was a 100 million times better than Dwight. Hell, why are we even comparing them?

Baynes shut Dwight down. So did Bonner. So did Splitter. Hell, anyone we put on Dwight held him in check. Don't tell me he's an elite center. He has a freakish body and THAT'S IT.

whitemamba
05-19-2013, 09:56 PM
I'll never understand the Dwight Howard hype. He has an extremely poor all-around offensive game. He's never made a shot outside of 2 feet from the basket in his life. He won't use his size and strength to dominate, and he's a TERRIBLE free-throw shooter.

Dwight benefited a ton from being on the Magic. They were loaded with 3 point shooters that allowed Dwight room inside, which he badly needed. And it sickens me that Dwight gets credit for Orlando's run to the finals a few years ago. Their 3 point shooters got them there. Hedo Turkoglu played like MJ until he went ice-cold in the finals. When the Lakers guarded the 3 point line, the series was over. They realized that Dwight was a paper tiger inside, and so they said "Let's try to make Dwight beat us". He failed.

Any team that pays Dwight the max is a team that will regret it dearly. He has MAJOR, MAJOR flaws in his game, and like Charles has said before, he's shown NO IMPROVEMENT WHATSOEVER since day one. He's the same player he was in 2004, and that's just sad. Shaq was a 100 million times better than Dwight. Hell, why are we even comparing them?

Baynes shut Dwight down. So did Bonner. So did Splitter. Hell, anyone we put on Dwight held him in check. Don't tell me he's an elite center. He has a freakish body and THAT'S IT.

boiled down...

there are no decent centers in the NBA... thats why

100%duncan
05-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Please I hope this faggot stays in LA.

td4mvp2k
05-19-2013, 11:55 PM
i thought LA fan wantd his # retired in LA? :lol

ElNono
05-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Please I hope this faggot stays in LA.

this x 1000

djohn2oo8
05-20-2013, 09:57 AM
They'd deal Asik for a PF. Their sales pitch will be "we can bring in a 3rd star in 2015"

dunkman
05-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Dwight said so?

Then . . . he's gone.

Double-Up
05-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Kevin McHale is a defensive minded coach? Who the fuck wrote this article? :lol

TheyCallMePro
05-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Kevin McHale is a defensive minded coach? Who the fuck wrote this article? :lol

Exactly what I was thinking. Wasn't the Rockets defense like historically bad this year? I watched all the games the Spurs played vs them and I was shocked at how bad their defense was. And Kevin Mchale just sat there.

HarlemHeat37
05-20-2013, 02:28 PM

:lol this post is horribly flawed, tbh..

Double-Up
05-20-2013, 02:31 PM
:lol this post is horribly flawed, tbh..

Seems accurate to me.

djohn2oo8
05-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Wasn't the Rockets defense like historically bad this year? I watched all the games the Spurs played vs them and I was shocked at how bad their defense was. And Kevin Mchale just sat there.

Well Parsons and Asik are literally the only two starters who actually play D. With as bad as Harden's defense is, McHale shouldn't get flak for that.

djohn2oo8
05-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Parsons signed with Dwight's agent, btw.

Thebesteva
05-20-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm reading from a few internet sources that Houston is the front runner to sign him. That is pretty embarrassing if true

djohn2oo8
05-20-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm reading from a few internet sources that Houston is the front runner to sign him. That is pretty embarrassing if true

Could be leverage or may not be.

Thebesteva
05-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Could be leverage or may not be.

The word here in LA during the season was that Dwight doesn't like being a Laker. Too much pressure, too much scrutiny. He's not used to it. I think he wants to go back to a medium sized market like Orlando aka Houston instead of a team with the type of expectations like the Lakers.

If he does leave, he will forever be villanized until he wins, which in his case may be never. In Lebron's case, I knew no matter how much people tore him down, he'd be loved and sucked off when he inevitably went on his reign. I just don't think Dwight has that ability to win a championship unless he has a guy like Durant or Lebron to help him.

Double-Up
05-20-2013, 04:05 PM
The word here in LA during the season was that Dwight doesn't like being a Laker. Too much pressure, too much scrutiny. He's not used to it. I think he wants to go back to a medium sized market like Orlando aka Houston instead of a team with the type of expectations like the Lakers.

If he does leave, he will forever be villanized until he wins, which in his case may be never. In Lebron's case, I knew no matter how much people tore him down, he'd be loved and sucked off when he inevitably went on his reign. I just don't think Dwight has that ability to win a championship unless he has a guy like Durant or Lebron to help him.

Houston isn't a small market, top 5 in the league brah.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/32/basketball-valuations-11_Houston-Rockets_322525.html

Thebesteva
05-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Houston isn't a small market, top 5 in the league brah.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/32/basketball-valuations-11_Houston-Rockets_322525.html

I said medium sized, I consider Lakers, Knicks, Miami, and Boston to be the only big markets, with Knicks being kind of a bogus team. I really dont think Houston is on that same level scrah

Clipper Nation
05-20-2013, 06:12 PM
The word here in LA during the season was that Dwight doesn't like being a Laker. Too much pressure, too much scrutiny. He's not used to it.
And yet he wanted to go to Brooklyn and get shat on by the New York media on a daily basis :lol

Dwight is really, really dumb....

Thebesteva
05-20-2013, 06:16 PM
And yet he wanted to go to Brooklyn and get shat on by the New York media on a daily basis :lol

Well, he obviously believed (including myself) that he's a championship contending player. I never thought that his growth as a player would stop by 2010. He seems to be unable to learn much more. He seems like a much better version of Ben Wallace without heart.

unforeseen
05-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Dwight Howard will never win a championship with his malcontent attitude.

GuerillaBlack
05-20-2013, 07:43 PM
I said medium sized, I consider Lakers, Knicks, Miami, and Boston to be the only big markets, with Knicks being kind of a bogus team. I really dont think Houston is on that same level scrah

That's fine that you think that but Houston is no Orlando. It's over twice the size of that place, how could it be? Orlando is a SMALL market.

Thebesteva
05-20-2013, 08:32 PM
That's fine that you think that but Houston is no Orlando. It's over twice the size of that place, how could it be? Orlando is a SMALL market.

Sorry man, when was the last time players were fighting to play for the Rockets? I didn't mean to offend you, I am pretty sure if I called the Rockets a large market most posters would of laughed at that.

BTW, if I were you guys, I would NOT want Howard to join that team.

AaronY
05-20-2013, 09:49 PM

To be fair when they built that Laker team everyone just thought it was gonna be a season long coronation at the time..

Double-Up
05-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Sorry man, when was the last time players were fighting to play for the Rockets? I didn't mean to offend you, I am pretty sure if I called the Rockets a large market most posters would of laughed at that.

BTW, if I were you guys, I would NOT want Howard to join that team.

T-Mac...cough....cough....yea.

Chinook
05-20-2013, 11:28 PM
I thought I should mention that the Lakers actually are allowed to sign-and-trade Howard with almost no limitations (only that the Lakers can't receive a player who was signed-and-traded himself). So they are free to move him for a package like Al Horford and Lou Williams if they want to. A few of us, me included, have been confused about the upcoming CBA restrictions on S&T transactions. The Lakers don't have to either keep Howard or lose him for nothing; they have other options.

Latarian Milton
05-21-2013, 12:08 AM
dude's bound to return for $ rather than anything imho.

djohn2oo8
05-21-2013, 07:25 AM
I thought I should mention that the Lakers actually are allowed to sign-and-trade Howard with almost no limitations (only that the Lakers can't receive a player who was signed-and-traded himself). So they are free to move him for a package like Al Horford and Lou Williams if they want to. A few of us, me included, have been confused about the upcoming CBA restrictions on S&T transactions. The Lakers don't have to either keep Howard or lose him for nothing; they have other options.

That would only be in a case of someone needing to clear space. None of the teams have to trade with the Lakers which they can make separate deals and sign Howard outright. He could sign a 3 year or 4 year deal and opt out at 30 to get the max.

Chinook
05-21-2013, 11:27 AM
That would only be in a case of someone needing to clear space. None of the teams have to trade with the Lakers which they can make separate deals and sign Howard outright. He could sign a 3 year or 4 year deal and opt out at 30 to get the max.

I was just saying that teams over the cap can acquire him, too. So the Celtics or Clippers for example, could get him. They don't NEED cap space, like a lot of us thought previously. That opens up a lot of options.

TheyCallMePro
05-21-2013, 01:20 PM
I don't want to offend any Houston residents on here but...if it were me and I was Dwight I wouldn't even consider Houston as a potential landing spot. It's humid as hell all year long there and just not a very nice place to live.

Also, the water tastes bad there! I'm so used to the aquifer here in San Antonio that whenever I go to Houston I literally have to force the water there down my throat. And my guess is Dwight doesn't want to drink that dirty water.

z0sa
05-21-2013, 01:32 PM
:cry Coach Dantoni marginalized me :cry