PDA

View Full Version : Before we get ahead of ourselves...

spurman123
05-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Clippers won game 1 by 21 and held a 2-0 series lead
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400459975 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400459975)

Remember that invisible feeling we had riding that 20 game win streak only to be swept mid-series by OKC

Yes, TP is another year wiser but even a miami team without james/wade was able to neutralize him:
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278818

The surge of our role players Green/Leonard and finally seeing Bonner contributing in the playoffs is a good sign, but we wont go anywhere if they find a way to cut off the head of the offense (TP).

:flag:Go Spurs Go!:flag:

Libri
05-19-2013, 10:49 PM
I don't remember the details of that Spurs/Miami game but Manu was not playing and the bench, except for Jax, laid an egg.

RD2191
05-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Spurs in 4, tbh.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-19-2013, 11:03 PM
The Clippers are a completely different team. They seemed to just choke after Game 1. Game 2, Clippers barely escaped in a 93-91 win. Spurs are a much more dominant team than the Clippers. Did they hold Zach Randolph to 2 points ever?

baseline bum
05-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Ask Boston fans how much winning a game 1 in a blowout means. The margin of victory really isn't the important point: instead, It's having to win 3 games now instead of 4 to advance.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
05-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Fing pussy.

ElNono
05-19-2013, 11:14 PM
To be fair, the Clipps only got to that 20 pt difference at the very end... that game was fairly contested, including the Grizz being within 1 point of tying it on the 4th quarter before collapsing...

The Grizz are a good team that need their defense to stand out to win games. It's going to be extremely difficult for them to win games if they can't hold teams in the 80's... unless they get extremely fluke 3 point shooting from Bayless/Pontdexter/Conley.

They're certainly a capable team that made adjustments against both the Clippers and OKC, and were able to slow them down to the pace that favors them and restricts high scoring.

If the Spurs keep on moving the ball on offense from side to side, they'll be in good shape, IMO. Both Clippers and OKC relied a lot on ISOs, and so hero ball is something the Spurs need to stay away from as much as possible.

There's nothing guaranteed here, but I think every time the Spurs can land a 30pt quarter (they had two today), it's going to put a whole lot of pressure on the Grizzlies.

Dingle Barry
05-19-2013, 11:15 PM
I don't recall feeling invisible tbh.

Capt Bringdown
05-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Never not worried until the knockout punch has been delivered and the clock runs out in the fourth win of the series.
Especially after being gutted last year.

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-19-2013, 11:33 PM
I agree, the Grizzlies have come back stronger after losses and the Spurs can be lackadaisical with leads. But the Spurs were much more dominating than the Clippers.
G1 of the Clippers series was close until half-way through the 4th quarter; other than the Pondexter run, the Spurs were in control the whole game.

Budkin
05-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Never not worried until the knockout punch has been delivered and the clock runs out in the fourth win of the series.
Especially after being gutted last year.

"Gutted." That about describes how I felt after game 6.