PDA

View Full Version : Here we are.

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Tiago Splitter on the court instead of DNP-CD.

Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi Leonard.

Richard Jefferson is in San Francisco.

McDyess in that purgatory of waiting for a call or remembering the good times.

The front court will be the difference in this series and the reason Zach Randolph looked like Zach Randolph should look in a Conference Final today.

100%duncan
05-19-2013, 11:20 PM
:flag:

ElNono
05-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Amen brother Marcus

HI-FI
05-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Spock returning from Vulcan to address the logic of the situation. now where is Sybok?

crc21209
05-20-2013, 01:29 AM
Damn right.. :tu

Sean Cagney
05-20-2013, 01:35 AM
GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legacy
05-20-2013, 01:39 AM
FUCK The Grizzlies!!

... Can't stand that fucken team.

Man In Black
05-20-2013, 02:07 AM
Sup MB...co-signed.

Darkwaters
05-20-2013, 02:47 AM
Tiago Splitter on the court instead of DNP-CD.

Richard Jefferson is gone fishin'.

McDyess in that purgatory of waiting for a call or remembering the good times.

The front court will be the difference in this series and the reason Zach Randolph looked like Zach Randolph should look in a Conference Final today.

Fixed.

http://i36.tinypic.com/9zyu5u.jpg

baseline bum
05-20-2013, 02:59 AM
Spurs with a great shot at the Finals.... in 20-motherfucking-13. Had you told me this in 2003 when this core was put together I'd have thought you were Sparky after too many COLD BEER :hat imo.

iManu
05-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Stoicism from Marcus.

I'm at peace.

The Reckoning
05-20-2013, 07:11 AM
if anything this gives kawhi and co. experience on the big stage. hopefully this will set up years of playoff excellence to come.

Solid D
05-20-2013, 07:42 AM
Danny Green +28 in Game 1.

Solid D
05-20-2013, 07:51 AM
In 2011, Tim Duncan sprained his ankle in late March and the Spurs won 6 and lost 12 (.333) including the playoffs the rest of the way.

capek
05-20-2013, 07:55 AM

Indeed. Indeed.

Mel_13
05-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Splitter>Dice
Kawhi>RJ
Diaw>Blair
Green>Hill

silverblk mystix
05-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Let's get a ring first, ok?

Thanks.

lil'mo
05-20-2013, 10:35 AM
FUCK The Grizzlies!!

... Can't stand that fucken team.
What's up, faggot?

UZER
05-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Kawhi and Green are turning into a stout defensive tandem.

silverblk mystix
05-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Kawhi and Green are turning into a stout defensive tandem- and having Timmy and Tiago behind them does not hurt. Put Blair and Bonner behind them and they appear to be scrubs.

fify

ChumpDumper
05-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Why do some posters insist on making shit up to fit their agendas?

spurspokesman
05-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Splitter>Dice
Kawhi>RJ
Diaw>Blair
Green>Hill
Green over hill. That's a stretch

gameFACE
05-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Here we are. Same as last season. Up 1-0 after Game 1 of the WCF. But it's different....

Obstructed_View
05-20-2013, 11:17 AM

Only for someone who's never seen George Hill play.

Mel_13
05-20-2013, 11:18 AM

As a shooting guard on the Spurs? Not a stretch at all.

Spur|n|Austin
05-20-2013, 11:23 AM

As of today, I would take Green over Hill, especially on the defensive minded team we have now.

timtonymanu
05-20-2013, 11:25 AM
George Hill was terrible in that Memphis series so saying Green>Hill isn't a stretch.

Hill is the better overall player, but Green is the better fit.

Legacy
05-20-2013, 04:32 PM
What's up, faggot?

Oh not much, how about you, faggot? :D :eyebrows

FuzzyLumpkins
05-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Here we are. Same as last season. Up 1-0 after Game 1 of the WCF. But it's different....

In game 1 last year the Thunder had a 5 point lead in the 3rd and went into the fourth up. That was when Pop said he wanted some nasty and we came back and won.

In game 2 we were rolling the Thunder in the first half and Marv Alberts was comparing us to some 70's Knicks teams that he considered all time bests. However in that game, the Thunder started to switch on pnr and left Ibaka on our guards. Ibaka played some of the best perimeter defense from a big I have ever seen. Parker and Manu could not shake him. We held on to win but it was obvious that OKC had found a solution. They used said solution along with exposing Bonner and Duncan on pnr to beat the shit out of us 4 games straight.

Memphis wasn't even competitive outside of a 1:30 stretch in the third quarter where Neal played shitty perimeter defense and let Pondexter score 8 points on 3 possessions and Duncan made an equally shitty pass giving Mem a dunk. Memphis tried to switch on our pnr and Parker and Manu ate it up because Arthur and Gasol don't have the length or athleticism of Ibaka. I twas a big reason why we had so many wide open looks.

People keep talking nebulous bullshit about how Mem is resilient and tough etc but tactically they were far from finding an answer.

DPG21920
05-20-2013, 05:22 PM
In game 1 last year the Thunder had a 5 point lead in the 3rd and went into the fourth up. That was when Pop said he wanted some nasty and we came back and won.

In game 2 we were rolling the Thunder in the first half and Marv Alberts was comparing us to some 70's Knicks teams that he considered all time bests. However in that game, the Thunder started to switch on pnr and left Ibaka on our guards. Ibaka played some of the best perimeter defense from a big I have ever seen. Parker and Manu could not shake him. We held on to win but it was obvious that OKC had found a solution. They used said solution along with exposing Bonner and Duncan on pnr to beat the shit out of us 4 games straight.

Memphis wasn't even competitive outside of a 1:30 stretch in the third quarter where Neal played shitty perimeter defense and let Pondexter score 8 points on 3 possessions and Duncan made an equally shitty pass giving Mem a dunk. Memphis tried to switch on our pnr and Parker and Manu ate it up because Arthur and Gasol don't have the length or athleticism of Ibaka. I twas a big reason why we had so many wide open looks.

People keep talking nebulous bullshit about how Mem is resilient and tough etc but tactically they were far from finding an answer.

Great one game analysis of Memphis' entire season. So by your logic, you would be surprised if Memphis wins a game?

FuzzyLumpkins
05-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Great one game analysis of Memphis' entire season. So by your logic, you would be surprised if Memphis wins a game?

No I am saying that OKC was much more competitive vs us in our two wins last year than Memphis was yesterday. Do you disagree? We can go over the game logs if you like.

I didn't even discuss Memphis' season beyond nebulous characterizations by others.

I will say that our defense against teams trying to feed post players has been good both yesterday and vs the Lakers.

So tactically what do you see the Grizzlies doing to defend our pnr, feed the ball into the post, overcome our gang rebounding or anything else the failed to do yesterday? You just going to stick with 'they are resilient?'

DPG21920
05-20-2013, 06:24 PM
You have pretty consistently hinted that "Memphis vaunted defense" is perhaps not all that good. You keep saying basically that all the people talking about Memphis positively and commenting on their resiliency are just stating bullshit and that Memphis has shown nothing to stop the Spurs. So what is the end game to you? With all that you said (mem defense being overrated, having nothing they can essentially do to adjust, that they aren't resilient...) what are you trying to say? Do you see them winning a game? Because your comments seem to suggest you would not only be surprised, but shocked if they do.

Also, lol at you acting like I said something generic and crazy when I posted proof of me saying the things you tried to say well before you said them :lol

DPG21920
05-20-2013, 06:27 PM
And you can make up all the excuses in the world about their opponent, but for a team that is basically wildly overrated on what they are known for, they sure did show some resiliency this playoffs by coming back on LAC from 0-2 and against OKC down 1-0. If it were is easy as you say because of the excuses, Houston should have won against OKC when WB went down.

Not only this playoffs, but during the regular season, MEM was one of the league leaders in come from behind wins when trailing by double digits IIRC...

Strategic
05-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Because of the nature of the Grizzley's next three loses their team will be blown up this off season.