PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Spurs' fans, will you be worried if the Spurs go up 2-0 against the Grizzlies?

Jacob1983
05-20-2013, 02:04 AM
If the Spurs win game 2 of the WCF, will you be nervous? Worried that a repeat of last year's WCF might happen? Or do you think this Spurs team learned its lesson last year?

Splits
05-20-2013, 02:07 AM
Totally. I'll be shaking in my slippers. Please let us go down 1-3 so we have a chance. Please no more series leads bigger than 1 game. Dear baby jesus please let us lose game 2

Legacy
05-20-2013, 02:15 AM
If The Spurs lose game 2, and we go (1-1) again... there'll be ample time for cliff jumping and quitting on the team, tbh. Spurs fans will not be sweating this series, don't worry. :lol

LkrFan
05-20-2013, 02:23 AM
Yes. We've seen this episode (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/playoffs_rd2_index.html)before tbh. Let's hope this is a rerund. :lol

LkrFan
05-20-2013, 02:24 AM
If The Spurs lose game 2, and we go (1-1) again... there'll be ample time for cliff jumping and quitting on the team, tbh. Spurs fans will not be sweating this series, don't worry. :lolDon't be too sure. They are jacking each other off upstairs. All you guys need to do is 95 ppg and this series is in the bag. :lol

100%duncan
05-20-2013, 02:25 AM
Nah B. 2-0>>>>>1-1

Jacob1983
05-20-2013, 02:29 AM
Spurs might be safe on this. In the last decade, I think it's rare to see a team come back from 0-2 series deficits twice in the same playoff year. And I think it's rare if it's two different teams that do it once in the same playoff year. When a team blows a 2-0 series lead, it's usually once a playoff year. I think the Mavs and Wizards came back from 0-2 in the first round in 2005.

J.T.
05-20-2013, 02:37 AM
I dunno. Memphis doesn't get the ref love that the 2012 Thunder got and the Spurs seem to be peaking rather than riding the pressure of a 20 game win streak in this series. It all depends on whether or not the role players choke this time around, but if the last series and Game 1 is any indication, I don't think they will.

Brunodf
05-20-2013, 02:39 AM
I will be worried if we don't. Grizzlies is very good at home

Reck
05-20-2013, 02:47 AM
Totally. I'll be shaking in my slippers. Please let us go down 1-3 so we have a chance. Please no more series leads bigger than 1 game. Dear baby jesus please let us lose game 2

:lol

No one should be asking stupid questions like this.

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2013, 02:59 AM
its a sweep man

this spurs team is different then 2011 roster

Jacob1983
05-20-2013, 03:02 AM
As a Mavs' fan, I learned that the series is not over until your team wins 4 games first. You do not celebrate if your team goes up 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 2-1, or 3-1. You only celebrate until your team is the first to get 4 wins in the series.

Splits
05-20-2013, 03:06 AM
As a Mavs' fan, I learned that the series is not over until your team wins 4 games first. You do not celebrate if your team goes up 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 2-1, or 3-1. You only celebrate until your team is the first to get 4 wins in the series.

No shit? I thought it was first to win 2 games. Got dammit, gotta call my book and get my money back. Fuck

Legacy
05-20-2013, 03:06 AM

So. I learned this as a Spurs fan. Now what ...?? :p:

DMC
05-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Really stupid question OP. Some of you need to leave the "history tells us" shit alone when it comes to stats. It's harder to win 4 out of 5 than 2 out of 5. Based on the OP's feeble observations, the Grizz are hoping they lose game 2.

ElNono
05-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Only 4 teams in the entire history of the NBA came back to win the WCF after getting beat by 22+ pts in the 1st game... Barring any injuries, the Spurs collapsing in this series would be a bigger choke than 8, tbqh...

EVAY
05-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Not nearly as much as I would be if we go into Memphis at 1-1.

TimmehC
05-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Grizz are not even close to the mismatch for the Spurs that they were 2 years ago. Spurs now have size and defense in the frontcourt and on the wing. MEM is going to have trouble putting up points for the duration of this series.

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2013, 09:07 AM
only a clown would not want to be up 2-0 and come into game 3 with the chance to go 3-0

fkn stupid thread tbh

Rummpd
05-20-2013, 09:31 AM
No, Grizz not as talented as the Thunder were and cannot get as sublimely hot from the outside or as much help as the Thunder got in game 6 from the zebras. Spurs going to win this series easily.

DarrinS
05-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Yes. We've seen this episode (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/playoffs_rd2_index.html)before tbh. Let's hope this is a rerund. :lol

What do you mean, you've seen this? It's brand new. What's a rerund?

http://easterpeople.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/rerun.jpg?w=584

Mel_13
05-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Premature thread. No need to worry up 2-0.

Now, if the Spurs go up 2-0 and then the Grizz come back to make it 2-2, plenty of people will be worried.

Captivus
05-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Im cooler than last year against OKC, that for sure.

buttsR4rebounding
05-20-2013, 02:53 PM
If the Spurs go up 2-0 then get 4 days rest before game 3 this series is over...

spurraider21
05-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Yes. Terrified. I'd rather lose home court and have the series tied 1-1 going back to Memphis.

:bang

Mugen
05-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Hi Jacob.

hater
05-20-2013, 03:16 PM
everything will change in Memphis. let's just hope Spurs can take game 2

I foresee lots of cliff jumping from spursfan

Jacob1983
05-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Most of you are worried. This is probably the most worried Spurs' fans have been in the Duncan era. Every year that the Spurs won, it was basically no contest. I guess you could count 2005 since that Finals went to game 7. Superfriends will be the ultimate test for the Spurs. And let's not forget that if it's Spurs and Heat, the Spurs will be starting the Finals on the road for the first time in franchise history. You guys are worried that your perfect record in the Finals may get shat on by Superfriends.

LkrFan
05-20-2013, 03:24 PM
What do you mean, you've seen this? It's brand new. What's a rerund?

http://easterpeople.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/rerun.jpg?w=584
Rerun is something we've seen before. For example, in the link I provided you, you can clearly see the Spurs leading a playoff series 2-0 - only to lose the next 4. You guys may very well go up 2-0 against them Grizz. But as the series wears on and they are allowed to exert their grit&grind style of play on your boys, I expect you guys to wear down.

Now, the above may not happen, but given your recent history, it is likely.

hater
05-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Most of you are worried. This is probably the most worried Spurs' fans have been in the Duncan era. Every year that the Spurs won, it was basically no contest. I guess you could count 2005 since that Finals went to game 7. Superfriends will be the ultimate test for the Spurs. And let's not forget that if it's Spurs and Heat, the Spurs will be starting the Finals on the road for the first time in franchise history. You guys are worried that your perfect record in the Finals may get shat on by Superfriends.

way, way off. I rather make the finals and lose to Heat than lose in WCF to the Grizzlies. It's payback time, every spurs fan wants payback vs. Grizzlies.

Once that is over with IMO all our debts with every single NBA team will be settled, the excitement for another Finals outbalances any "worry" there might be. Then it's just a fun ride to try to make it hard for Lebron to get his #2. Win win situation. Spurs if make the finals will be playing with House Money :tu

ohmwrecker
05-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Another idiotic thread. This place sucks today.

Jacob1983
05-20-2013, 03:28 PM
I don't buy it that any Spurs fan wants a NBA Finals series loss. You love the 4-0 record in the Finals. You don't want 4-1 in the Finals.

Reck
05-20-2013, 03:29 PM

Really? How can you tell we're so worried?

Big fail.

hater
05-20-2013, 03:31 PM
I don't buy it that any Spurs fan wants a NBA Finals series loss. You love the 4-0 record in the Finals. You don't want 4-1 in the Finals.

again. way, way off. Most spursfans would love to be back in the Finals. That would be a successful season and a great way to end TD+Manu+Parker dynasty :cry

and not to mention Finals environment is completely different and on a nother level from any other environment. But let's hope the Grizz don't make adjustments too soon

Reck
05-20-2013, 03:33 PM
way, way off. I rather make the finals and lose to Heat than lose in WCF to the Grizzlies. It's payback time, every spurs fan wants payback vs. Grizzlies.

Once that is over with IMO all our debts with every single NBA team will be settled, the excitement for another Finals outbalances any "worry" there might be. Then it's just a fun ride to try to make it hard for Lebron to get his #2. Win win situation. Spurs if make the finals will be playing with House Money :tu

Hater with the goods.

:lol Jacob not realizing anything past the WCF is a bonus reward. None cares about perfect records.

I mean who expect to have a perfect record in sports? This ain't WWE. :lol

SupremeGuy
05-20-2013, 03:37 PM
What a fucking stupid question, for real.

Jacob1983
05-20-2013, 04:09 PM
It's a legitimate serious question. You guys are obviously too insecure to handle the question. Doesn't surprise me with all of the immature arrogant posters on here.

Reck
05-20-2013, 04:15 PM
:lmao

unforeseen
05-20-2013, 04:21 PM
I would be more worried if the Spurs were up 3-0 tbh

NRHector
05-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Spurs are going to the finals is pay back time (that 's how worry I am)

05-20-2013, 06:01 PM
I'll be worried until either they are either eliminated or until they hoist up that trophy.

Latarian Milton
05-20-2013, 11:38 PM
spurs don't need to worry about nothing. they've already met their expectation by reaching the WCF and everything they're gonna achieve will be a bonus to them imho

DAF86
05-20-2013, 11:41 PM

Well, thanks for showing me what I really want.

Latarian Milton
05-20-2013, 11:43 PM
don't think spurs value their 4-0 record as much as you value your virginity imho. they'll do as good as they can and hope for the best, if they have a chance to make the finals one more time there's no reason for them to not try imho, even if that means getting asskicked by miami

Reck
05-20-2013, 11:50 PM
don't think spurs value their 4-0 record as much as you value your virginity imho. they'll do as good as they can and hope for the best, if they have a chance to make the finals one more time there's no reason for them to not try imho, even if that means getting asskicked by miami

:lol this nigga cracks me up.

Splits
05-20-2013, 11:50 PM
I'll be like...

http://gifs.gifbin.com/052010/1272965532_nigerian-kid-dance.gif

Jacob1983
05-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Both Spurs fans and Heat fans very confident. Heat fans are more annoying than Spurs fans mainly because they have the Yankee championship entitlement attitude.

100%duncan
05-21-2013, 06:27 AM

:lmao

Legacy
05-21-2013, 06:37 AM
Both Spurs fans and Heat fans very confident. Heat fans are more annoying than Spurs fans mainly because they have the Yankee championship entitlement attitude.

Don't even compare us to Heat bandwag-- I mean fans, lol. Please. Just don't. :rolleyes

DAF86
05-21-2013, 07:53 AM

I find you more annoying for thinking that you know how I feel instead of believing what I'm telling you, specially in something as retarded as this. Seriously, just thing about it, Why would we rather lose in the WCF instead of the NBA finals? I don't know if you know this but NBA finals > WCF. We would get to see more Spurs game, we would have bragging rights over one more team (on this case: Memphis), we would have more articles to read about our players, we would have the chance to see more tv programs talking about or team, our HoF players would have the chance to keep adding to their playoffs resume, the club would make more money, etc.

Seriously son, just sit a moment and think of the retardeness that is wanting your team to lose sooner than later.

Jacob1983
05-22-2013, 12:19 AM
So are you worried?

Reck
05-22-2013, 12:24 AM
I find you more annoying for thinking that you know how I feel instead of believing what I'm telling you, specially in something as retarded as this. Seriously, just thing about it, Why would we rather lose in the WCF instead of the NBA finals? I don't know if you know this but NBA finals > WCF. We would get to see more Spurs game, we would have bragging rights over one more team (on this case: Memphis), we would have more articles to read about our players, we would have the chance to see more tv programs talking about or team, our HoF players would have the chance to keep adding to their playoffs resume, the club would make more money, etc.

Seriously son, just sit a moment and think of the retardeness that is wanting your team to lose sooner than later.

This really gets under my skin.

There are a few posters here that do this shit. Like they know you better then yourself. If it wasn't so idiotic I'd actually laugh.

So are you worried?

And you just dont get it. lol

Robz4000
05-22-2013, 12:25 AM
To quote my buddy thunderdown, "not worried here".

DAF86
05-22-2013, 12:30 AM
So are you worried?

Not nearly as much as if this series was tied, tbrh. Please believe me this time :cry

Jacob1983
05-22-2013, 12:40 AM
I will give my insights and perspective on the whole losing the Finals is better than losing the WCF. Yes, you can make an argument for it because getting to the Finals is a big deal and a big accomplishment. However, since the Spurs are 4 for 4 and have always won the last game of every Finals they have played, losing the last game of the Finals would taint that record. That's the reason why I keep nagging on this shit. You can say it's better to lose in the WCF than to lose the Finals too. I would think that some Spurs' fans wouldn't want that 4 for 4 Finals record to be tainted by losing the last game of this year's Finals. As stated earlier, the Spurs have always come out of the Finals as NBA champs. Spurs' fans don't know what it's like to watch the other team celebrate in the Finals.

DAF86
05-22-2013, 12:53 AM
I will give my insights and perspective on the whole losing the Finals is better than losing the WCF. Yes, you can make an argument for it because getting to the Finals is a big deal and a big accomplishment. However, since the Spurs are 4 for 4 and have always won the last game of every Finals they have played, losing the last game of the Finals would taint that record. That's the reason why I keep nagging on this shit. You can say it's better to lose in the WCF than to lose the Finals too. I would think that some Spurs' fans wouldn't want that 4 for 4 Finals record to be tainted by losing the last game of this year's Finals. As stated earlier, the Spurs have always come out of the Finals as NBA champs. Spurs' fans don't know what it's like to watch the other team celebrate in the Finals.

OK, that's good and all (even though is a retarded logic, imho) but it's your theory. If we're telling you that we would rather lose in the NBA finals than in the WCF why don't you believe us instead of calling us annoying and arrogant?

DAF86
05-22-2013, 12:56 AM
I mean, what's arrogant about accepting that if we get to the NBA finals we would probably lose? :lol

Jacob1983
05-22-2013, 01:15 AM
No idea. I guess I just thought there was a little arrogance given the fact that the Spurs have never really played anyone in the Finals so fans kind of expect a championship when the Spurs are in the Finals like there won't be a challenge. Maybe, Superfriends will be the ultimate test for Duncan's Spurs in the Finals. However, the Heat and Pacers haven't even played a game so we don't know what the matchup is going to be just yet.

Splits
05-22-2013, 01:21 AM
Spurs boarding the plane up 2-0 is basically:

http://gifs.gifbin.com/052010/1275049233_almost-hit-by-car.gif

Reck
05-22-2013, 01:32 AM
I'll give you this OP;

If Spurs go 3-0 then lose 2 straight or even 3 I'd be pissing my pants.

We would never live becoming the first team to to lose when up 3 down ever.

Budkin
05-22-2013, 01:51 AM
No fucking way that we lose after going up 2-0 for two years in a row. It's not happening.

HI-FI
05-22-2013, 02:16 AM
Jacob1983 is an underrated poster but he is being a bit annoying with this. first, the Pistons in 05 were a formidable opponent, not sure what you are getting at saying we've never faced anyone before.

i think most of us want to see Spurs in one final showdown. if this team was young, then yes I would be a bit more worried about them losing in the Finals. but at this point, I want to see these guys go down Butch Cassidy and Sundance style, guns blazing. Besides, there would be way more pressure on the Heat, since they are the Heatles and we just guys playing with house money, similar to Mavs in 2011 tbh.

Jacob1983
05-22-2013, 02:23 AM
During the 4 Finals that have involved the Spurs, they have only faced elimination once. Excluding game 7 of the 2005 NBA Finals, the Spurs have never really been tested in the Finals.

Legacy
05-22-2013, 02:54 AM
:lol Trying to make yourself feel better by attempting to act like some kind of 'Spur-psychologist' or some shit ... ("I know more than you do; I've been there before" ... I'mma total Pro at this stuff..." smack, blah, blah, blah, blah) when you're just as douchey as all the others.

Fuk yo lame trolling technique and your stupid-ass thread clown!!

We already know what it all boils down to: :downspin:

Duncan: 4

Dirk: 1

:hat:lol :toast

Jacob1983
05-22-2013, 03:09 AM
If the Spurs and Heat make it to the Finals this year, bragging rights will be on the line for Spurs' fans and Mavs' fans. I hate both the Spurs and the Heat but the Heat were gifted a championship in 2006 against my Mavs so I can't root for that team. That matchup is probably the only time I would not be rooting for the Spurs to lose.

FkLA
05-22-2013, 03:23 AM
4 rings, faggot.

I dont care if you beat the Mavs in '11 and Spurs lose to them this year, that doesnt give you bragging rights over spurfan. 4>1 tbh.

100%duncan
05-22-2013, 08:08 AM
:lol Not facing an elimination game in the finals=never been tested. :lol

So if that's the case your Mavs, have been tested and failed in 06. That's worse imho. :lol

Reck
05-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Jacob1983 time to start another thread about how we are worried about going up 3-0. :lol

Reck
05-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Jacob1983 time to start another thread about how we are worried about going up 3-0. :lol

NRHector
05-25-2013, 11:58 PM

Cof cof

Sean Cagney
05-26-2013, 01:16 AM
If the Spurs and Heat make it to the Finals this year, bragging rights will be on the line for Spurs' fans and Mavs' fans. I hate both the Spurs and the Heat but the Heat were gifted a championship in 2006 against my Mavs so I can't root for that team. That matchup is probably the only time I would not be rooting for the Spurs to lose.
No they won't at all! Mavs missed the playoffs this year! Spurs made WCF two years in a row, Mavs from what first round to no playoffs! This is not the Spurs and Mavs anymore bro! Spurs beat them 4-0 this year, Mavs are not even in the convo anymore to me! They got their little title yeah! Okay. Spurs have 4.

BTW Spurs since Dirk there 3-2 playoffs! That would I say is the edge, 4-2 Spurs in 010! Thats our series there, keep it at that. :hat

Jacob1983
05-26-2013, 01:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OmE3B-s8ow

DMC
05-26-2013, 01:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OmE3B-s8ow

What's wrong, your degree not panning out at Target? No way to blow the pharmacist for some Xanax? Talk to Thispego, he can score some Codones he might be able to get you some Xanax.

Jacob1983
05-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Someone sounds a little butthurt. Oh well.

lefty
05-26-2013, 02:06 AM
http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2FproductImages%2F_1224000%2Fff_1224 654_xl.jpg&w=400

NRHector
05-27-2013, 10:47 PM

Yes baby we are back