PDA

View Full Version : Excuses are flowing...

Wildcat67
05-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Have the Spurs actually done anything right this entire playoff run? Seems to me the consensus is that the other team consistently is doing something to hand us the game.

RD2191
05-20-2013, 05:12 PM
lol, so true.

RD2191
05-20-2013, 05:13 PM
The Spurs got zero credit for their win against the Grizz. Hopefully the Spurs blow them out again.

CitizenDwayne
05-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Keep handing us games, please.

Spur|n|Austin
05-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Hopefully they hand us a championship this year.

spurraider21
05-20-2013, 05:35 PM
i remember when thibodeau said "the spurs didn't win, we lost"

as long as our opponents keep losing im cool with that

atoyotagaspedal
05-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Anyone else think the series against the Warriors is what could've been the WCF?
I don't think the Grizzlies would've been able to handle them.

HarlemHeat37
05-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Anyone else think the series against the Warriors is what could've been the WCF?
I don't think the Grizzlies would've been able to handle them.

Memphis would have killed them, tbh..

The Spurs made some strategical mistakes against the Warriors in games 1 and 2..they stupidly chose to double Harrison Barnes and overplay the Warriors role players, allowing great looks for Thompson..once they stopped doubling Barnes and put Kawhi on Thompson, the Warriors offense went limp, tbh..

Spurs should have defeated them in 5, Memphis would have had the same result IMO..

TD 21
05-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Have the Spurs actually done anything right this entire playoff run? Seems to me the consensus is that the other team consistently is doing something to hand us the game.

Which is funny, considering the Spurs are clearly superior to any team they've played thus far. Not that an inferior team can't outplay a superior one in a game (game 1 against the Warriors, obviously it was more about what they didn't do to close it out) or for even a couple of games, but when the analysis is constantly like you said it is, it get's old real quick.

I want just one of these idiots to realize and say that the Spurs were the third best team in the regular season (with far more injuries than the top two and constant minute managing, which neither of them do) and that, the instant Westbrook tore his MCL, they became the undisputed second best team. Whether they go to the Finals or not comes down to their always shaky health and their recent penchant for choking in the playoffs. That's it. It's not about these inferior teams.

DejuanorwhatDude
05-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Which is funny, considering the Spurs are clearly superior to any team they've played thus far. Not that an inferior team can't outplay a superior one in a game (game 1 against the Warriors, obviously it was more about what they didn't do to close it out) or for even a couple of games, but when the analysis is constantly like you said it is, it get's old real quick.

I want just one of these idiots to realize and say that the Spurs were the third best team in the regular season (with far more injuries than the top two and constant minute managing, which neither of them do) and that, the instant Westbrook tore his MCL, they became the undisputed second best team. Whether they go to the Finals or not comes down to their always shaky health and their recent penchant for choking in the playoffs. That's it. It's not about these inferior teams.

Totally agree. The reason we haven't been looked at seriously is the teams age, and the last two years. Any other team not from San Antonio would be getting hyped; probably a good thing that the team has serious doubters at this point. We were a great team last year. Hopefully we prove that we're much better this year.

100%duncan
05-20-2013, 07:15 PM

Solid D
05-20-2013, 07:37 PM

lol

GSH
05-20-2013, 08:28 PM
The Spurs must be like that creepy Old Spice commercial, where the poker player is so intimidated that he folds a straight flush.

Whisky Dog
05-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Memphis would have killed them, tbh..

The Spurs made some strategical mistakes against the Warriors in games 1 and 2..they stupidly chose to double Harrison Barnes and overplay the Warriors role players, allowing great looks for Thompson..once they stopped doubling Barnes and put Kawhi on Thompson, the Warriors offense went limp, tbh..

Spurs should have defeated them in 5, Memphis would have had the same result IMO..

I disagree. GSW played Memphis 3 times but they were all early season games with one being the 2nd game of the season. They hadn't played them since February 8th, and the GSW team that was in the playoffs was clicking a lot better than the one from Febrary and before with the playoff team gelling and having a healthy Bogut. I think their scoring could have given Memphis problems and Memphis' lack of offense could have made it hard for them to score enough to win 4 games. Would have been a 6-7 game series going either way I think

Knoxxx
05-20-2013, 10:24 PM
As we are seeing, Memphis is pretty weak in the backcourt. The GS speedy shooters would have lit them up, and Boget is a good matchup against Gasol. With David Lee out I would give a slight edge to Memphis against GS, but with a healthy Lee cancelling Z-Bo I think GS has a clear edge against Griz.