PDA

View Full Version : Was the Tornado in OKC wheather modification?

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-20-2013, 06:46 PM
I pose that question to you info warriors out there.

Was this Tornado a man made creation of Obama to divert attention away from Benghazi and word changing?

z0sa
05-20-2013, 08:32 PM
HUHweather modification definitely involved tbh

DarrinS
05-20-2013, 09:00 PM
CO2, derrrrr

The Reckoning
05-20-2013, 09:26 PM
it wont change anything because just like the plant in West, people won't give a fuck about Oklahomans.

DMX7
05-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Yes

Jacob1983
05-21-2013, 12:32 AM
I have to agree with The Reckoning on this. Location means everything. If this tornado on steroids had happened in Pennsylvania, NY, New Jersey, Ohio, Illinois, or DC then people would give a big shit. However, this is Oklahoma so people will won't give that much of a shit. Not that many people gave a shit during the OKC bombing. If 9/11 had happened in like Montana or Wyoming, do you think people would have given a shit about it?

ChumpDumper
05-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Not that many people gave a shit during the OKC bombing.Laughably untrue.

Jacob1983
05-21-2013, 01:48 AM
More people cared about 9/11 than the OKC bombing because 9/11 mostly happened in NYC. Location matters.

Wild Cobra
05-21-2013, 06:07 AM
Just ask Mouse.

It was either the "Russian Woodpecker," or "HAARP."

George Gervin's Afro
05-21-2013, 07:01 AM
well it did seem to only affect red states

DMX7
05-21-2013, 07:06 AM
More people cared about 9/11 than the OKC bombing because 9/11 mostly happened in NYC. Location matters.

It also killed a lot more people.

Blake
05-21-2013, 07:58 AM
I pose that question to you info warriors out there.

Was this Tornado a man made creation of Obama to divert attention away from Benghazi and word changing?

I thought maybe HarlemHeat was visiting, iow, a God made tornado

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Wats Wheather?

clambake
05-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Wats Wheather?

wheather is when its graining cats and dogs.

boutons_deux
05-21-2013, 10:26 AM
it appeared increasingly likely that residents who lost homes and businesses would turn to the federal government for emergency disaster aid. That could put the state's two Republican senators in an awkward position.
Sens. Jim Inhofe and Tom Coburn, both Republicans, are fiscal hawks who have repeatedly voted against funding disaster aid for other parts of the country. They also have opposed increased funding for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which administers federal disaster relief.

Late last year, Inhofe and Coburn both backed a plan to slash disaster relief to victims of Hurricane Sandy (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/20/us-storm-sandy-aid-idUSBRE8BJ02X20121220). In a December press release, Coburn complained (http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ContentRecord_id=82c5222b-3bfd-4592-a29c-0f1f7bf4fdc9&ContentType_id=d741b7a7-7863-4223-9904-8cb9378aa03a&Group_id=41cf7e93-d82e-44c6-b4fb-f686b568e689) that the Sandy Relief bill contained "wasteful spending," and identified a series of items he objected to, including "$12.9 billion for future disaster mitigation activities and studies."

Coburn spokesman John Hart on Monday evening confirmed that the senator will seek to ensure that any additional funding for tornado disaster relief in Oklahoma be offset by cuts to federal spending elsewhere in the budget. "That's always been his position [to offset disaster aid]," Hart said. "He supported offsets to the bill funding the OKC bombing recovery effort." Those offsets were achieved in 1995 (http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-104publ19/html/PLAW-104publ19.htm) by tapping federal funds that had not yet been appropriated.

In 2011, both senators opposed legislation that would have granted necessary funding for FEMA when the agency was set to run out of money. Sending the funds to FEMA would have been "unconscionable," Coburn said at the time (http://www.publicintegrity.org/2011/09/29/6762/fema-funds-run-out-senators-states-most-disasters-oppose-funding-bill).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/20/oklahoma-senators-disaster-relief_n_3309234.html?utm_hp_ref=daily-brief?utm_source=DailyBrief&utm_campaign=052113&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NewsEntry&utm_term=Daily%20Brief

the oilcos pay for these two assholes, why don't the oilcos pay for disaster relief?

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 10:37 AM
lol blue team. Never pass an opportunity to politicize a disaster.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 10:46 AM
lol @ the "enlightened progressives" cackling like demented school children over the wreckage of Moore in the comments section. Stay classy, progressives. :tu

ChumpDumper
05-21-2013, 10:48 AM
More people cared about 9/11 than the OKC bombing because 9/11 mostly happened in NYC. Location matters.Seriously?

Going strictly by the number of deaths, the 9/11 attacks were about 1785% worse than the OKC bombing.

You need to explain why you think OKC is the same as 9/11 except only for the location.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Seriously?

Going strictly by the number of deaths, the 9/11 attacks were about 1785% worse than the OKC bombing.

You need to explain why you think OKC is the same as 9/11 except only for the location.

Yeah. Both were horrible, but the scope is off my several orders of magnitude. Not really comparable other than superficially.

boutons_deux
05-21-2013, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=TeyshaBlue;6582495]lol blue team. Never pass an opportunity to politicize a disaster.[/QUOTE

Just pointing out how the (OK) Repugs politicized non-OK disasters with the blind ideology of cutting/hating govt. Even now, Coburn's blind ideology says any disaster money for OK must be offset by cuts elsewhere (but not in tax expenditures for his owners the oilcos)

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 12:28 PM

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2013, 12:31 PM
BTW Boo, that Sandy bill was a bullshit bill that was stuffed with unrelated pork. It ended up passing after they stripped most of the crap out of it.

boutons_deux
05-21-2013, 12:53 PM
that wasn't Coburn's point.

He wants ALL FEMA spending offset by cuts elsewhere.

boutons_deux
05-21-2013, 12:59 PM
what did these excellent, God-fearing, Bible-thumping OKies do that God punishes them so severely?

they are for same sex marriage? lots of (closeted) gays and lesbians?

Michelle Bachman, or this guy

http://www.nationalmemo.com/5-most-outrageous-statements-by-virginia-lt-gov-candidate-e-w-jackson/2/

and other "Christian" people must have the answers.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 01:04 PM
lol @ boutons mangling language and logic to attempt to work another talking point into the disaster.

boutons_deux
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
TB :lol dicklessness shooting blanks

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 01:51 PM
coward dancing on graves. Pathetic.

Homeland Security
05-21-2013, 01:55 PM
lol @ the "enlightened progressives" cackling like demented school children over the wreckage of Moore in the comments section. Stay classy, progressives. :tu
The value of human life is subjective. Reducing the number of jeebotards is a means to an end. Intentionally reducing their numbers tends to be counterproductive, so when natural events cull the herd, you have to take what you can get, though the raw numbers are a drop in the bucket. If you choose not to value a human life, then it has no value. If you claim that it has intrinsic value, then you open a whole other philosophical can of worms and we end up recapitulating the last several centuries.

RandomGuy
05-21-2013, 02:12 PM
I Not that many people gave a shit during the OKC bombing.

Many shits were given. Sorry, gonna pull the "you were 12" card on you.

If you had been paying attention to the news, and listening to grown up conversations at the time, people did care, and still do.

It was at the time the largest terrorist attack in the US, and the after-affects were felt for a long time afterwards.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but most 12 year olds don't watch much news or read newspapers.

RandomGuy
05-21-2013, 02:14 PM

Benghazi... cough cough...

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 02:20 PM

Word! :tu

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 02:21 PM

Although, the case can be made that Benghazi was a man-made disaster, not a fucking tornado coming out of nowhere to kill school children and devastate a small community.

RandomGuy
05-21-2013, 02:22 PM
BTW Boo, that Sandy bill was a bullshit bill that was stuffed with unrelated pork. It ended up passing after they stripped most of the crap out of it.

For the most part, yup.

Although ultimately two out of the 67 votes against it in the house came from OK. Wonder if the same two will vote against relief this time around?

Somehow I doubt it.

RandomGuy
05-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Although, the case can be made that Benghazi was a man-made disaster, not a fucking tornado coming out of nowhere to kill school children and devastate a small community.

True. Although honestly I can't remember a time when diasters weren't politicized to some degree. I think we over-romanticize the past.

Not excusing anything, just noting that it seems more of the same.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 02:26 PM
True. Although honestly I can't remember a time when diasters weren't politicized to some degree. I think we over-romanticize the past.

Not excusing anything, just noting that it seems more of the same.

I can, but that may be a product of a faulty memory. lol

DarrinS
05-21-2013, 02:27 PM

Great comparison. :rolleyes

LnGrrrR
05-21-2013, 02:53 PM

True, but no one is saying "Haha Oklahoma! You got hit by a tornado!" (Well, maybe those people who were saying, "New Orleans people should know better, they live in a flood zone! It's their fault!") People are saying that the representatives voted against federal aid shouldn't request any. That's a "manmade" problem, in the sense that it's about the votes/stances of these politicians, not the damage from the tornado.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 03:02 PM
True, but no one is saying "Haha Oklahoma! You got hit by a tornado!" (

You mean besides bouton's, durant, and about a zillion commentors on Huff Po? Yeah, I guess you're right.

Jacob1983
05-22-2013, 12:34 AM
I stand by what I said and will defend it until my death. If you look at it from a historical viewpoint and not from a blue or red team viewpoint, you will see that 9/11 was given more attention because of where it happened. Again, just think about it for a minute. Think about it and possibly let go of some of your arrogance and pride and listen. If the attacks on American soil on 9/11/01 had happened in like Idaho, Montana, or Nebraska, it would have been viewed a lot differently. Since NYC is the biggest city in America, of course it's going to get attention in a tragedy like that. If that shit had happened in Helena, Montana, are you really going to tell me that everyone would be thinking about Helena, Montana for a while?

ChumpDumper
05-22-2013, 03:00 AM
You're kind of a dumbass, aren't you?

BobaFett1
05-22-2013, 08:07 AM
what did these excellent, God-fearing, Bible-thumping OKies do that God punishes them so severely?

they are for same sex marriage? lots of (closeted) gays and lesbians?

Michelle Bachman, or this guy

You sound like a biggot with this statement tbh.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/5-most-outrageous-statements-by-virginia-lt-gov-candidate-e-w-jackson/2/

and other "Christian" people must have the answers.

Th'Pusher
05-22-2013, 08:12 AM
I'd like to see a battle of wits between jacob1983 and SnC.

Rick Santorum
05-22-2013, 08:34 AM
I'd like to see a battle of wits between jacob1983 and SnC.
I think bobafett1 would beat them both.

Nbadan
05-24-2013, 02:08 AM
Alex Jones Explains How Government "Weather Weapon" Could Have Been Behind Oklahoma Tornado
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/05/21/alex-jones-explains-how-government-weather-weap/194167

The Government "Can Create And Steer Groups Of Tornadoes," But Jones Isn't Sure That Happened In Oklahoma

Conspiracy theorist radio host Alex Jones explained to his audience today how the government could have been behind the devastating May 20 tornado in Oklahoma.

On the May 21 edition of The Alex Jones Show, a caller asked Jones whether he was planning to cover how government technology may be behind a recent spate of sinkholes. After laying out how insurance companies use weather modification to avoid having to pay ski resorts for lack of snow, Jones said that "of course there's weather weapon stuff going on -- we had floods in Texas like fifteen years ago, killed thirty-something people in one night. Turned out it was the Air Force."

Following a long tangent, Jones returned to the caller's subject. While he explained that "natural tornadoes" do exist and that he's not sure if a government "weather weapon" was involved in the Oklahoma disaster, Jones warned nonetheless that the government "can create and steer groups of tornadoes."