PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: New role, new heights for T-Mac

phyzik
05-20-2013, 08:16 PM
This was posted in that "talk about T-Mac" thread by Spursrock20 but I didn't want it to get buried.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9295767/tracy-mcgrady-happy-play-role-san-antonio-spurs

"I'm back to having fun again," McGrady said Monday, sitting on a basket support after Spurs practice. "It's a different type of feeling, to really come in the games and hear the cheers, it's overwhelming. It feels good to have that type of reception -- and for different reasons. Usually I get 'em for scoring 30 points. Now I get 'em just for being a part of this team.

"It's a great feeling, man. I'm back to having fun. It's great to be a part of this terrific organization ... I'm living a dream right now."

hater
05-20-2013, 08:17 PM
he sucks

manufan10
05-20-2013, 08:21 PM
It was a good article by Adande. Hopefully T-Mac will finally get his ring.

phyzik
05-20-2013, 08:21 PM
he sucks

yeah, but maybe we can get some all-star votes out of china if he remains on the roster next year... :lol

I'm happy for him though, he took way more criticism than anyone in the NBA in recent memory.

Chodes are going to explode if he scores during tomorrows game.

BillMc
05-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Really nice read actually.

hater
05-20-2013, 08:59 PM
yeah, but maybe we can get some all-star votes out of china if he remains on the roster next year... :lol

I'm happy for him though, he took way more criticism than anyone in the NBA in recent memory.

Chodes are going to explode if he scores during tomorrows game.

love tmac. I actually thought he had something left in the tank for this playoffs. oops :lol

dude is pure class reminds me of Antonio Mcdyess

HI-FI
05-20-2013, 09:06 PM
good article by Adande. he's been doing some great reporting on us lately.

and I always liked TMAC before the signing. He was never a thug, just sometimes criticized for slacking or not being a winner, but he was also never in winnable situations either.

Spur|n|Austin
05-20-2013, 09:35 PM
JJ with the goods again; it makes me happy to hear that Tracy is legitimately happy to be part of this ride. Hopefully people who say he looked disinterested can shush up now.

spurs1990
05-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Amazing what donning a Spurs uniform does to a fan's opinion of a player.

I had something between scorn and apathy towards TMac before the signing and now I'm on pins/needles waiting for him to score a bucket.

BackHome
05-20-2013, 11:31 PM
I notice that him and Timmy are getting pretty tight which lends me to think that if McGrady can show that he has game left then maybe the Spurs will offer him a one year deal so he can be insurance again and be the backup SF. People keep talking like he is an old man the guy is younger then Manu so who knows what he can give at this point.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2013, 11:45 PM
eight and a half years since he scored 13 points in the final 35 seconds of a game to lead the Houston Rockets (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/hou/houston-rockets) over the Spurs.

Man, f T-Mac. :madrun

Zzakk's Garage
05-21-2013, 01:22 AM
I really like him being a Spur.
One of those feel-good stories, and a shit-ton of people are waiting on pins and needles for his first basket and we're hopeful that he can contribute meaningful minutes before much longer.

C'mon, didn't the sub-plot of Michael Finley finally getting a ring with us after all his years of outstanding play bring a tear to your eye?
Every time I watch the DVD of that finals run I get choked-up.

Stuff like this makes me so proud of the entire Spurs organization.

racm
05-21-2013, 01:28 AM
Man, f T-Mac. :madrun

San Antonio won it all that season, tbh

mudyez
05-21-2013, 03:36 AM
I hate JJ but lately he came up with some pleasant surprises (not sure if he is hyping the Spurs just to cloak LA's failure).

As for T-Mac: I was a little concerned that he hates being here. Ok, we know his body language always has been this way, but i never got the feeling that he likes beeing part. Maybe I'm wrong. It fells good reading this.
I even hope, that he may have a place on next years team as long as we don't get rid of DeColo or Mills because of that.
He needs to get into shape (or is he realy that f***ed up just because of his age?) and even then I do't really see him as a Wing...Either use him as another backup-pg (but we have enough) or as a small ball 4 ( :tu )!

chapnis
05-21-2013, 03:39 AM
Jeremy Rin and Tracy McGlady to start in the ASG next season?

capek
05-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Man, that's good stuff. I'm glad he's along for the ride. And anybody that was at game 1 knows how excited the fans were when T-mac checked in. I was too! Most of all I'm just excited that somebody with his pedigree is around Kawhi, hopefully he's dropping him little tips and pointers from his days of being a superstar. That's enough to make any Spurs fan appreciative that he's on the team.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-21-2013, 10:49 AM
I really like him being a Spur.
One of those feel-good stories, and a shit-ton of people are waiting on pins and needles for his first basket and we're hopeful that he can contribute meaningful minutes before much longer.

C'mon, didn't the sub-plot of Michael Finley finally getting a ring with us after all his years of outstanding play bring a tear to your eye?
Every time I watch the DVD of that finals run I get choked-up.

Stuff like this makes me so proud of the entire Spurs organization.

Yup, that gets me every time I watch the DVD. You can tell how much that '07 title meant to Fin. Hope SA can do the same for T-Mac!

doobs
05-21-2013, 10:50 AM
He's young enough, I think, to work himself back into shape next season and contribute. If any team can squeeze out whatever T-Mac has left, it's the Spurs.

gameFACE
05-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Look, I like TMac and all. But I hope he can contribute in some way. Even Glenn Robinson contributed some meaningful minutes in '05 (Game 2, I think). Older veterans who have got their ring with the Spurs also played meaningful minutes, games or spent a season or two with the Spurs, too. So if the Spurs make the Finals this year and win out, I hope TMac gets his spotlight if for a game or two. Otherwise it's kind of a free ride to a ring. Of course, I know it had to do with the Jax situation and timing for his lack of minutes.

I think the crowd was cheering for him Game 1 this past Sunday and Game 5 of the GS series because you want him to get a chance to do something. Not just in garbage time. At least that's why I cheered for him.