PDA

View Full Version : Delfino

Pistons < Spurs
07-11-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm mostly posting this due to the fact that there are so many ppl in these forums that are familiar w/ Argentian players, and follow their athletes:

this is a post game report of the Summer league game#3:

Carlos Delfino- Out of shape and out of tune. Did nothing in the first.

Word in the gym is that Delfino has had enough in Detroit and is actively seeking a new team for himself in Europe. The problem is that the Pistons aren’t having any of it.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this. One would think, that if he is contemplating leaving, that Dumars would attempt a trade of some sort.

Marklar MM
07-11-2005, 09:53 PM
The thing is that in that excerpt you posted, it sounds like he doesn't want to be in the NBA, if he wants to go back to Europe and play.

kolko
07-11-2005, 10:29 PM
He injured his shoulder last week in practice and he is playing injured. (That's what he told to the Argentinian press).

Barcelona of the Spanish League is interested in him.

Sense
07-11-2005, 10:49 PM
I don't think he's happy with Larry Brown there, and more because he's on the bench and isn't considered to have alot of minutes either..

Notorious H.O.P.
07-12-2005, 12:55 AM
The Larry Brown thing is still in the air and so is he. I read an article someplace that Delfino said if Brown returns as coach, he's going to Europe. I wonder what international sports authority (FIBA?) or other internation organization can intervene on the Pistons behalf if he tries to bail. Who holds up European contracts as valid when the NBA is looking to sign a player in the European Leagues?

timvp
07-12-2005, 01:42 AM
I read that he showed up 25 pounds overweight.

Where are all those posters saying that Brown wronged this kid? If he can't put down the tacos for a couple months to get in shape, he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
07-12-2005, 02:15 AM
I'm mostly posting this due to the fact that there are so many ppl in these forums that are familiar w/ Argentian players, and follow their athletes:

this is a post game report of the Summer league game#3:

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this. One would think, that if he is contemplating leaving, that Dumars would attempt a trade of some sort.

Its funny how he sounds exactly opposite of manu

jochhejaam
07-12-2005, 06:50 AM
I don't think he's happy with Larry Brown there, and more because he's on the bench and isn't considered to have alot of minutes either..

The Larry Brown problem may be remedied Wed. Big meeting between Brown, Dumars and Davidson. Delfino wll be a better than average NBA player!

Wallace ²
07-12-2005, 07:47 AM
I really hope they fire Brown and bring in Saunders. He knows how to develop young talent. Just look at Garnett.

batman2883
07-12-2005, 08:05 AM
I really hope they fire Brown and bring in Saunders. He knows how to develop young talent. Just look at Garnett.

Your right just look at Garnett, the leagues most valuable choker, I think Flip Saunders would do a great job for Detroit, but please dont use the comparison for what he did for Garnett, Garnett can't even lead a team, and always chokes in clutch moments.

Wallace ²
07-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Your right just look at Garnett, the leagues most valuable choker, I think Flip Saunders would do a great job for Detroit, but please dont use the comparison for what he did for Garnett, Garnett can't even lead a team, and always chokes in clutch moments.

The Pistons don't need one player to lead the team though. They have a lot of people that play important roles. If they could get Darko, Delfino, Arroyo and Maxiell to just play roles the Pistons could be a huge force again next year.

ALVAREZ6
07-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Larry Brown never plays rookies, it's his thing.

The Pistons drafted Darko instead of Melo.......that's sad.

I hope Darko and Delfino both get more playing time, I hope Delfino stays in the NBA, but he's gotta get his act together, get in shape, and be ready to play some basketball.

Marklar MM
07-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Melo is overrated.

drivanroca
07-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Melo is overrated.

Of course! :blah

ALVAREZ6
07-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Melo is overrated.
Without a doubt he is, but he's still better than Darko.

hendrix
07-17-2005, 01:22 PM
I read that he showed up 25 pounds overweight.

Where are all those posters saying that Brown wronged this kid? If he can't put down the tacos for a couple months to get in shape, he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA.

Dude. And you say your grandfather was from Argentina?. Dont you know we dont eat Tacos?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-17-2005, 02:04 PM
larry brown used to play speedy claxton.

diego
07-17-2005, 07:52 PM
I read what Kolko read: that he hurt his shoulder on the first practice of the summer league, on a pick set by the new guy Maxiell (sp?). He was very upset because he is still tentative about his knee, and now this. He said the coaching staff was dismissive about the severity of the shoulder injury, and that he had no choice but to fight through it.

i think he made the mistake of assuming brown would leave and things would automatically open up for him. as far as his injuries, it does seem he is soft. I'm pretty disappointed with him so far and judging by the start of the summer leagues he will probably not be much benefit for the pistons this season. however, i havent seen anything in argentine media suggesting he wants out of detroit.

timvp
07-18-2005, 01:32 AM
Dude. And you say your grandfather was from Argentina?. Dont you know we dont eat Tacos?

I'm not sure if you were a Spurs fan before Manu was an All-Star, but if you were you should have recognized the Hedo Turkoglu dig. Hedo showed up at Spurs camp 40 pounds overweight ... a result of his love for tacos.

Chill, playa.

Sense
07-18-2005, 03:36 AM
I'm not sure if you were a Spurs fan before Manu was an All-Star, but if you were you should have recognized the Hedo Turkoglu dig. Hedo showed up at Spurs camp 40 pounds overweight ... a result of his love for tacos.

Chill, playa.

Yeah, whoever doesn't like tacos doesn't know good food.

I've never heard of a typical argentinian food..

fill me up.

hendrix
07-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Chill, playa.

Well... but still, we dont eat Tacos. To us, Tacos are "exotic" food. :) Really.

hendrix
07-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Yeah, whoever doesn't like tacos doesn't know good food.
I've never heard of a typical argentinian food..
fill me up.

I'm trying to fill you in 2 different ways.

1. "typical argentine food" (as in "traditional food"):
Empanadas, Locro, Asado,.... I cant remember.... help!! :)

2. Food argentines eat mostly:
First, Emapanadas and Asado are the only "traditional" ones still regularly made all over Argentina.
Now, most of us eat:
Lots of pasta and other italian meals (big italian inheritance) and desserts.
Lots of meat based dishes ("Milanesas" is probably the most frequently eaten piece of food :)).
Well... i can't keep writing, i'm getting hungry. Yes, argentine food is the best :smokin

sickdsm
07-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Delfino will be a player.

I don't see how you can look past the playoff roster snubbing after the day before Larry taking him aside and assuring him that he'll be there. Fuck Larry.

Flip develops players? Thats news to me.

Heres a rundown of the draft picks he's had lately.
'04
Ndudi Ebi
Rick Rickert

Both will struggle to make the league next year at this rate.

'03
Marcus Taylor

Never played in the NBA

'02

Loren Woods

Headcase. Had talent but Flip couldn't get through to him. He's still bitching up in toronto, his third? team already.

'01

Igor Rakocevic

Averaged 1.9 PPG in his only NBA season

'00

Wally
Will Avery
Louis Bolluck

Bollock didn't play in the NBA, Wally meanwhile was an easy choice. Guys like Marion, maggette and Rip were available but wally was ready, not a development project. Meanwhile, your numbre 14th overall pick, will avery, stunk it up enough that he was out of the L as soon as his rookie contract expired.

'98

Rasho
Andrae Patterson

Rasho is rasho. Solid development for a 17th pick.
Andrae had two make believe seasons in the league.

'97

Paul Grant
Gordon Malone.

Paul, as a first round, number twenty overall, played 10 games in his career.

Malone never made it.

Flip does well with very high lotto picks. thats it. Its pathetic that there was that many pgs that did nothing, since he is supposed to be great working with PG's. Kinda ironic that you give credit to flip when the teacher for the big men in MN has always been McHale. McHale made KG and Rasho. Flip is responsible for what marbury is today. That's his calling card. Kinda pathetic, don't you think?

gus
07-21-2005, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=sickdsm]Delfino will be a player.

I don't see how you can look past the playoff roster snubbing after the day before Larry taking him aside and assuring him that he'll be there. Fuck Larry.

Flip develops players? Thats news to me.

Heres a rundown of the draft picks he's had lately.
'04
Ndudi Ebi
Rick Rickert

Both will struggle to make the league next year at this rate.

'03
Marcus Taylor

Never played in the NBA

'02

Loren Woods

Headcase. Had talent but Flip couldn't get through to him. He's still bitching up in toronto, his third? team already.

'01

Igor Rakocevic

Averaged 1.9 PPG in his only NBA season

'00

Wally
Will Avery
Louis Bolluck

Bollock didn't play in the NBA, Wally meanwhile was an easy choice. Guys like Marion, maggette and Rip were available but wally was ready, not a development project. Meanwhile, your numbre 14th overall pick, will avery, stunk it up enough that he was out of the L as soon as his rookie contract expired.

'98

Rasho
Andrae Patterson

Rasho is rasho. Solid development for a 17th pick.
Andrae had two make believe seasons in the league.

'97

Paul Grant
Gordon Malone.

Paul, as a first round, number twenty overall, played 10 games in his career.

Malone never made it.

If Saunders couldn't play Louis Bullock and Igor Racocevik he is a dumb. They are beasts in Europe. Rakocevik is really, really good.

Gus