PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point of #PrayforOklahoma or #PrayforBoston?

AussieFanKurt
05-21-2013, 06:01 AM
Seriously.. the amount of try hards just saying it to fit in was bewildering. Rather than adopting catchphrases like this.. why not make the public aware of ways they can help. Not sure prayer will do anything

AaronY
05-21-2013, 06:19 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those people..such a tragedy..

TDMVPDPOY
05-21-2013, 06:20 AM
trending

give it a couple of days till nobody gives a fuck and move on with life...it is what it is...attention horses

AussieFanKurt
05-21-2013, 06:32 AM
Yeah my thoughts are with the people but do we need to broadcast it. It does turn into attention seeking... people who know nothing about event but because everyone else says it, think they should chime in and be a sheep

The Reckoning
05-21-2013, 06:32 AM
straya cunts watching american news because kangaroos just wont do

Big Empty
05-21-2013, 08:06 AM
The more its on the news, the more of a chance someone will donate some funds to the red cross to help them. Im ok with it besides, in america the only interesting news to people is tradegy and drama.

jeebus
05-21-2013, 08:30 AM
people will get bored of it fast since there was no culprit behind it or a bad guy to chase down. the only exception to that rule was Katrina because it became a social experiment for a few days: what would a mostly black population do when there is no law or order. help each other out or gather arms, loot, and kill each other?

Pick of Destiny
05-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Yeah my thoughts are with the people but do we need to broadcast it. It does turn into attention seeking... people who know nothing about event but because everyone else says it, think they should chime in and be a sheep

So then don't chime in and STFU.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2013, 11:49 AM
#PrayforSanFrancisco

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/599312_640885692593625_876682447_n.jpg

Avante
05-21-2013, 01:41 PM
I know of so many cases where someone was heading down the wrong path before they found God, that experience turned their whole life around. How many times do we hear some athlete..."first I'd like to thank my savior...." How many churchs are here in the USA?

While I personally don't buy into the God of te Bible there is no doubt most people do and it really is a good thing. People need that hope in their life. To go around...bah humbug...nay!!!

TE
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
To religious people, prayer is huge bro.

Trill Clinton
05-21-2013, 03:01 PM
So then don't chime in and STFU.

:tu

I know of so many cases where someone was heading down the wrong path before they found God, that experience turned their whole life around. How many times do we hear some athlete..."first I'd like to thank my savior...." How many churchs are here in the USA?

While I personally don't buy into the God of te Bible there is no doubt most people do and it really is a good thing. People need that hope in their life. To go around...bah humbug...nay!!!

respect...this is why i fuck with you, avante cuz i can count on you to keep it trill. straight no chaser. if something doesn't interest you or you don't believe in it, why spend so much energy on the subject???

it comes off as very bitter. reminds me of some of the girls hearts i broke over the years who can't seem to stop talking about me. let it go, mama.

Avante
05-21-2013, 03:09 PM

respect...this is why i fuck with you, avante cuz i can count on you to keep it trill. straight no chaser. if something doesn't interest you or you don't believe in it, why spend so much energy on the subject???

it comes off as very bitter. reminds me of some of the girls hearts i broke over the years who can't seem to stop talking about me. let it go, mama.

I don't know bro, what does anyone gain playing this...you can't fool me? One Nation Under God...In God We Trust...So Help Me God...I Swear To God...is our world. Religious holidays..with pay!!!!!!! Look at BYU, Notre Dame, Abilene Christian, Dallas Baptist and on and on. Nobody wants to hear somebody...oh yeah well you can't fool me. Do they really think anyone cares? When the coach says...ok guys take a knee...they refuse? How many times have we seen some NFLer laid out on the field and there's all those big bad asses kneeled in prayer? Nobody wants some punk...oh yeah well you can't fool me.

Reck
05-21-2013, 03:14 PM
It does as much as this shitty thread.

Reck
05-21-2013, 03:18 PM

Gotta give it to the old manthis time.

Avante has his moments here and there.

Frank Dux
05-21-2013, 03:20 PM
The try-hards desperately trying to fit in on the other side of the spectrum are pretty funny too. The responses have become laughably predictable with large-scale tragedies in today's information-sharing era.

People posting about prayers and not giving money!!! :((As if these are mutually exclusive, and of course the complainer never actually provides information on how to give money and just whines about it instead, lol)
If this weren't white people nobody would care!!! :( (Really? Have you been paying attention in recent years? lol)
Insert random comment about "your imaginary God not saving people!!!" :( (This is just lame. Don't be that 19 year old who just got the balls to identify as an atheist and speak up against religion...act like you've been there brah)

Trill Clinton
05-21-2013, 03:20 PM
I don't know bro, what does anyone gain playing this...you can't fool me? One Nation Under God...In God We Trust...So Help Me God...I Swear To God...is our world. Religious holidays..with pay!!!!!!! Look at BYU, Notre Dame, Abilene Christian, Dallas Baptist and on and on. Nobody wants to hear somebody...oh yeah well you can't fool me. Do they really think anyone cares? When the coach says...ok guys take a knee...they refuse? How many times have we seen some NFLer laid out on the field and there's all those big bad asses kneeled in prayer? Nobody wants some punk...oh yeah well you can't fool me.

co-sign, breh

Trill Clinton
05-21-2013, 03:28 PM

yea, he's most def an asset to the board.

The try-hards desperately trying to fit in on the other side of the spectrum are pretty funny too. The responses have become laughably predictable with large-scale tragedies in today's information-sharing era.

People posting about prayers and not giving money!!! :((As if these are mutually exclusive, and of course the complainer never actually provides information on how to give money and just whines about it instead, lol)
If this weren't white people nobody would care!!! :( (Really? Have you been paying attention in recent years? lol)
Insert random comment about "your imaginary God not saving people!!!" :( (This is just lame. Don't be that 19 year old who just got the balls to identify as an atheist and speak up against religion...act like you've been there brah)

http://i43.tinypic.com/2u9r95x.gif

Salad Tosser
05-21-2013, 03:29 PM
lettuce prey

FkLA
05-21-2013, 03:39 PM
trending

give it a couple of days till nobody gives a fuck and move on with life...it is what it is...attention horses

:lmao

JoeChalupa
05-21-2013, 04:18 PM
The point is to pray for others. I pray daily and anytime a prayer is called for or asked for. I know for many the "power of prayer" is nothing but coincidence but for me it is very real. But for those who find it pointless...point taken.

Mal
05-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Same as sending equivalent of 30k $ from Gdynia, Poland to freakin wealthiest country in the world.

lefty
05-22-2013, 03:40 AM
Prayers are for cheap bastards who dont want to donate 1 million like Durant did

Cheap faggots

AaronY
05-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Double post

AaronY
05-22-2013, 07:52 AM
Lets not get side tracked here..religion is fucking stupid..

1KiCEJoX9kE

And as for making fun of it, people always like to laugh at retarded nonsense..I mean how many times does someone do something stupid and you laugh at it whether it be a spurstalk poster, a celebrity, or someone at work/home..religion and the religious is really like one 5,000 year long face plant..

tjVLJKR6g7U

Cliffs: Religions a joke..that's why people point at it and laugh..

The Reckoning
05-22-2013, 07:57 AM
yall must have a pointless life to spend your life trying to determine why it's pointless.

Woo Bum-kon
05-22-2013, 08:20 AM

False hope, to be honest. The people who pray for the victims of this tornado are deluded if they actually think they are helping. It's a placebo.

Avante
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
False hope, to be honest. The people who pray for the victims of this tornado are deluded if they actually think they are helping. It's a placebo.

Well I know some pretty intelligent/successful people who totally disagree with you. Do you really believe you're taling anyone out of anything?

Woo Bum-kon
05-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Well I know some pretty intelligent/successful people who totally disagree with you. Do you really believe you're taling anyone out of anything?

Intelligence and success have no bearing on whether prayer works or not. Tests have been done on prayer. It simply doesn't work as anything other than a placebo.

TheThinkingMan
05-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Intelligence and success have no bearing on whether prayer works or not. Tests have been done on prayer. It simply doesn't work as anything other than a placebo.

You don't really think a test on prayer exists do you!? Cannot be proven either way.

Avante
05-22-2013, 11:25 AM

Do you have any idea how many prayers have been answered? I've had my prayers answered. I know a lot of others who have had their prayers answered also. Are you kidding me....tests? What tiny fraction of a fraction of a fraction was tested?

You are simply wasting your time Woo, I know a lot of people, those like you are not as happy in their life as those who do believe in something. Look at you right now chasing me around trying to convince me that some guy on the internet has the answer, come on Woo, why even bother? I prefer to have something, you prefer to have nothing.

Woo Bum-kon
05-22-2013, 11:27 AM
You prefer to call nothing something.

An prove to me that your prayers were actually answered by a higher power.

Avante
05-22-2013, 11:39 AM

The Doctors had given up on her, after all she was 88. She was my grandmother and I loved her dearly she helped raise me. So me and my sisters who all owed a lot to that old lady got together and had a group prayer. It was very emotional. She lived to be 99. And it was the very next day when we heard...."just over night she's taken a turn for the better"

Now I'm not going to even try to convince someone like you of anything, if you're happy living a life with no faith or hope in anything go for it. As we all know most people prefer to do it differently, they realize how unintelligent it is to waste other peoples time trying to justify why they are so miserable and confused.

Have a good day Woo.

DoubtingThomas
05-22-2013, 11:41 AM

I understand how you feel but you cannot prove that prayers are NOT answered.

Woo Bum-kon
05-22-2013, 11:48 AM
The Doctors had given up on her, after all she was 88. She was my grandmother and I loved her dearly she helped raise me. So me and my sisters who all owed a lot to that old lady got together and had a group prayer. It was very emotional. She lived to be 99. And it was the very next day when we heard...."just over night she's taken a turn for the better"

Now I'm not going to even try to convince someone like you of anything, if you're happy living a life with no faith or hope in anything go for it. As we all know most people prefer to do it differently, they realize how unintelligent it is to waste other peoples time trying to justify why they are so miserable and confused.

Have a good day Woo.

:lol You are terrible at arguing. You are full of fallacies and assumptions. Lack of faith is not equivalent to lack of hope.

And I am not going to ask you how you know that God was responsible for your grandmother's recovery. Instead, I will ask you a much better question:

If your grandmother didn't recover--if your grandmother died--would you take that as proof that prayer doesn't work?

Woo Bum-kon
05-22-2013, 11:49 AM
I understand how you feel but you cannot prove that prayers are NOT answered.

Can you prove that I am not a Martian, Mark (or Joe)?

AussieFanKurt
05-23-2013, 09:00 AM
lol thinking a prayer coming true isn't coincidence

DarrinS
05-23-2013, 09:13 AM
The kind of people to volunteer their help, to search for survivors, give people food, give people shelter, clean up debris, etc.

Probably not a huge group of atheists.

Just sayin

DarrinS
05-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Also well known that religious people donate far more than anyone else.

jag
05-23-2013, 09:54 AM
if something doesn't interest you or you don't believe in it, why spend so much energy on the subject???

it comes off as very bitter.

Yep. It's not enough for certain people to simply not believe in Christianity, they feel a genuine need to hate it. They operate under the guise of hating "religion." And although they may dislike religion, it's Christianity they truly hate. I've always found people like that to be very interesting. Only because it's not natural to despise something to that degree. There's a reason they feel so strongly about it.

Rick Santorum
05-23-2013, 09:57 AM

Lol you being a homosexual jeebotard

Avante is a fucking idiot. If you need to believe in a fictitious man in the sky in order to have a reason to live you're a waste of air and should kill yourself.

trill is especially stupid for praying to the god plantation owners used to tame slaves :lmao

DarrinS
05-23-2013, 09:58 AM

Avante is a fucking idiot. If you need to believe in a fictitious man in the sky in order to have a reason to live you're a waste of air and should kill yourself.

trill is especially stupid for praying to the god plantation owners used to tame slaves :lmao

Lol. Evangelical Christians led the aboliltionist movement. History fail.

Rick Santorum
05-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Lol. Evangelical Christians led the aboliltionist movement. History fail.
That's irrelevant to the fact the bible was a key tool plantation owners used to tame and indoctrinate slaves.

Rick Santorum
05-23-2013, 10:02 AM
The kind of people to volunteer their help, to search for survivors, give people food, give people shelter, clean up debris, etc.

Probably not a huge group of atheists.

Just sayin
:lmao baseless stereotypes you learned from your pastor who steals 10% of his flocks' income

DarrinS
05-23-2013, 10:02 AM
:lmao baseless stereotypes you learned from your pastor who steals 10% of his flocks' income

I don't attend any church. Fail

Rick Santorum
05-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Yep. It's not enough for certain people to simply not believe in Christianity, they feel a genuine need to hate it. They operate under the guise of hating "religion." And although they may dislike religion, it's Christianity they truly hate. I've always found people like that to be very interesting. Only because it's not natural to despise something to that degree. There's a reason they feel so strongly about it.
If Islam was the religion that controlled America chances are it'd be the religion atheists target

DisAsTerBot
05-23-2013, 10:03 AM

most likely because all those people you are referring to are americans, where Christianity is the dominant and influential religion.
weird huh?

Rick Santorum
05-23-2013, 10:04 AM
I don't attend any church.
:lmao going to hell

Avante
05-23-2013, 12:39 PM

You mean me and the vast majority of humans who have lived on this earth are idiots....right?

To me an idiot is someone like you who is surrounded by churchs, religion and can't figure it out. You do realize you are in the minority, right?

Woo Bum-kon
05-23-2013, 12:40 PM
You mean me and the vast majority of humans who have lived on this earth are idiots....right?

To me an idiot is someone like you who is surrounded by churchs, religion and can't figure it out. You do realize you are in the minority, right?

:lmao He's in the minority so he must be wrong!

God, you're a fucking moron. A ten-year-old could defeat you in an argument.

Avante
05-23-2013, 12:44 PM
:lmao He's in the minority so he must be wrong!

God, you're a fucking moron. A ten-year-old could defeat you in an argument.

Well you haven't yet and until you can do something other than just give your opinion you never will. Why are you still struggling with that? Nobody cares what you think. Without proof of anything you are just like the rest of us, going with your feelings.

Woo Bum-kon
05-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Well you haven't yet and until you can do something other than just give your opinion you never will.

:lol Yes, I have. You have been posting logical fallacies for days. The fact that you don't care that your arguments are extremely flawed doesn't change the fact that your arguments are extremely flawed.

The truth of a claim is not determined by how many people believe it. That's literally not a matter of opinion. It doesn't matter if one, one thousand, one million, or one billion people believe that a god exists. That in itself is not evidence for the existence of God. Period.

Why are you still struggling with that? Nobody cares what you think.

Then why are you continuing to engage me in conversation?

Without proof of anything you are just like the rest of us, going with your feelings.

No, I am not. YOU are going with your feelings. You are the one saying, "Well, this doesn't make any sense, and there is no good evidence supporting it, but I'm going to believe in it anyway." I am the one who looks at a situation objectively.

You are the one who thinks prayer works, even when it clearly doesn't. You said as much yourself. You don't give a shit what happens, because no matter what, you're still going to believe. That's going with your feelings. Don't put me in the same category as you.

Avante
05-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Woo, you wanna talk to me, cool the sermons, no way am I reading all that garbage. I've already told you that. Now try it again and keep it short and to the point.

Woo Bum-kon
05-23-2013, 12:57 PM
:lmao Goddamn, you are retarded if you think that was a long post.

Continue ignoring all evidence that prayer doesn't do anything, though.

Reck
05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
:lmao going to hell

Not believing there is a heaven but believes in hell. :lol @you

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-23-2013, 04:34 PM

1000 years ago people who believed the world was round were in a very small minority. How'd that one turn out?

lol constantly whoring logical fallacies

Satan
05-23-2013, 04:36 PM
:lmao Goddamn, you are retarded if you think that was a long post.

Continue ignoring all evidence that prayer doesn't do anything, though.

Well, you are damn right praying won't help where you are headed. :lmao

Woo Bum-kon
05-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Well, you are damn right praying won't help where you are headed. :lmao

I wonder what the penalty is for making voyeuristic films of teen girls masturbating. You mind telling me, Mark?

Oh, and by the way, did you ever successfully profit on your nephew's death, or did your plan of whoring out his demise fall through?

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-23-2013, 04:43 PM
lol mouse
lol poor people who worship god
lol thanking god for a miserable paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle when you have nothing to be thankful for

Satan
05-23-2013, 05:01 PM
I wonder what the penalty is for making voyeuristic films of teen girls masturbating. You mind telling me, Mark?

Oh, and by the way, did you ever successfully profit on your nephew's death, or did your plan of whoring out his demise fall through?

WTF is mark!?

Jesus
05-23-2013, 05:07 PM
lol mouse
lol poor people who worship god
lol thanking god for a miserable paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle when you have nothing to be thankful for

:lmao The meek shall inherit the earth. The last shall be first in the Kingdom of God. If you feel that money and possessions are what you are thankful for then you are already lost. Peace.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-23-2013, 05:23 PM
:lol "the meek shall inherit the earth"
:lol bullshit gospel the rich use on the poor

DeadlyDynasty
05-23-2013, 05:29 PM
If prayer is the reason mouse is able to go on living, then don't bash it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-23-2013, 05:48 PM
If prayer is the reason mouse is able to go on living, then don't bash it.

It's also the reason he hasn't killed himself, which is a good reason to bash it.

cheguevara
05-23-2013, 07:03 PM
I gotta agree these hashtag preachers are something to laugh at.

it seems most of these tools do it to feel good about themselves and about their avatars online. Somehow these imbeciles feel an attachment to social media and believe they exist in the internet as a living entity. Times are a changing and people while thinking they are more connected, are actually more disconnected from reality. times are a changing.

AussieFanKurt
05-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Since when does being in the majority automatically mean being in the right?

Avante
05-23-2013, 10:30 PM
1000 years ago people who believed the world was round were in a very small minority. How'd that one turn out?

lol constantly whoring logical fallacies

Some time ago most people thought women should have a right to vote, how'd that turn out?

Some time ago most people thought blacks should be able to attend any scchool they wanted, how'd that turn out?

Today most people think smoking is stupid, how'd that turn out?

Most people thought the restrictions/laws concerning pot was ridiculous, how'd that turn out?

Do you think at all before posting.

Reck
05-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Today most people think smoking is stupid, how'd that turn out

What??

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Some time ago most people thought women should have a right to vote, how'd that turn out?

Some time ago most people thought blacks should be able to attend any scchool they wanted, how'd that turn out?

Today most people think smoking is stupid, how'd that turn out?

Most people thought the restrictions/laws concerning pot was ridiculous, how'd that turn out?

Do you think at all before posting.

So you pointed out more examples of the minority having the right opinion and that's somehow supposed to help your argument?

Avante
05-23-2013, 10:46 PM
What??

Give it just a little thought it will come to you.

Avante
05-23-2013, 10:47 PM
So you pointed out more examples of the minority having the right opinion and that's somehow supposed to help your argument?

Where do you get the idea it was the minority?

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Where do you get the idea it was the minority?

Because all of your examples pointed out one point in American history where the minority opinion eventually became the common sense opinion. 100 years ago the opinion blacks should be able to attend school with whites was the minority opinion, and everyone smoked because very few people thought smoking was bad for you.

Avante
05-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Because all of your examples pointed out one point in American history where the minority opinion eventually became the common sense opinion. 100 years ago the opinion blacks should be able to attend school with whites was the minority opinion, and everyone smoked because very few people thought smoking was bad for you.

I was talking about where the majority were at when things did change. I assumed that was obvious.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-23-2013, 10:52 PM
I was talking about where the majority were at when things did change. I assumed that was obvious.

That's irrelevant. The fact that something needs a majority in order to change doesn't mean the majority is always right, hence why the majority opinion was previously the minority opinion, and also hence why the appeal to popularity you constantly whore is a logical fallacy.

Avante
05-23-2013, 10:57 PM
That's irrelevant. The fact that something needs a majority in order to change doesn't mean the majority is always right, hence why the majority opinion was previously the minority opinion, and also hence why the appeal to popularity you constantly whore is a logical fallacy.

You mean it's better to go with what the minority thinks?

Reck
05-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Give it just a little thought it will come to you.

Trust me, it still doesn't make a lick of sense. Even by Avante standards.

Avante
05-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Trust me, it still doesn't make a lick of sense. Even by Avante standards.

Sure it does and by everyone ones standards.

http://www.sharecare.com/question/do-less-people-smoke-pastd

Now take into consideration advertising. All those places that no longer allow smoking.

You really couldn't figure that out?

Reck
05-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Sure it does and by everyone ones standards.

http://www.sharecare.com/question/do-less-people-smoke-pastd

Now take into consideration advertising. All those places that no longer allow smoking.

You really couldn't figure that out?

:lol google answers by normal people. Ok I'm totally convinced.

Avante
05-23-2013, 11:39 PM
:lol google answers by normal people. Ok I'm totally convinced.

Didn't read it did you? Those were the stats showing how smoking is way down today from where it used to be. I know a lot of people who have quit in the last few years and so do you, right?

You are aware of the fact there are a lot of places now we people cn no longer smoke, right? You do know the tobacco companies can no longe advertise, right?

Getting it now?

AussieFanKurt
05-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Is there really any point attempting to have an argument with avante? Just seems like a waste of time

Avante
05-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Is there really any point attempting to have an argument with avante? Just seems like a waste of time

Prove me wrong, I haven't seen that yet.

Woo Bum-kon
05-23-2013, 11:50 PM
You mean it's better to go with what the minority thinks?

When what the minority thinks is right, absolutely. The majority used to think slavery was right. The majority used to think that washing one's hands before performing surgery was ungentlemen-like, causing many unnecessary deaths. The majority used to think many stupid things, and they believed them for stupid reasons.

Just because somebody is in the majority doesn't make them right. Again, a ten-year-old knows that that is obvious. You are literally dumber than an elementary school kid, even though you are in your sixties.

Woo Bum-kon
05-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Prove me wrong, I haven't seen that yet.

You've been proven wrong a million times in this thread alone.

:lol thinking that you are right solely because more people agree with you

Avante
05-23-2013, 11:53 PM
So when it comes to religion what is the best way to approach it?

Avante
05-23-2013, 11:55 PM
You've been proven wrong a million times in this thread alone.

:lol thinking that you are right solely because more people agree with you

Where did you ever get the idea I went "solely" with anything? I believed in a higher power long before I realized so did most. Wrong as usual.

Woo Bum-kon
05-23-2013, 11:57 PM
So when it comes to religion what is the best way to approach it?

The same way a rational person would look at any ridiculous claim: objectively.

It's amazing that you think being a sensible, logical human being would ever be bad. When you think prayer works even when it clearly doesn't, you aren't being a rational human being.

Woo Bum-kon
05-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Where did you ever get the idea I went "solely" with anything? I believed in a higher power long before I realized so did most. Wrong as usual.

Then thank you for admitting that you own appeals to popularity are meaningless.

:lol What will you do to undermine your own arguments next?

Avante
05-24-2013, 12:03 AM
The same way a rational person would look at any ridiculous claim: objectively.

It's amazing that you think being a sensible, logical human being would ever be bad. When you think prayer works even when it clearly doesn't, you aren't being a rational human being.

So how come far more people have bought into religion than haven't?

Avante
05-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Then thank you for admitting that you own appeals to popularity are meaningless.

:lol What will you do to undermine your own arguments next?

So if you go to a strange city and ask around about the best hotel and 7 people tell you one thing and 2 tell you something else where do you go?

Most the time going with the majority is the right thing to do.

Reck
05-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Didn't read it did you? Those were the stats showing how smoking is way down today from where it used to be. I know a lot of people who have quit in the last few years and so do you, right?

You are aware of the fact there are a lot of places now we people cn no longer smoke, right? You do know the tobacco companies can no longe advertise, right?

Getting it now?

Actually no. Those are people guestimating and using outdated stats.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 12:08 AM
So how come far more people have bought religion than haven't?

Because human beings have an inclination toward believing in supernatural beings. That doesn't make their beliefs right, though.

People used to think that lightning was caused by gods. People used to think lots of stupid shit was true.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 12:13 AM
So if you go to a strange city and ask around about the best hotel and 7 people tell you one thing and 2 tell you something else where do you go?

Most the time going with the majority is the right thing to do.

First of all, the "best" hotel is a matter of opinion, so your comparison is already flawed. Second, if people came to their conclusion about hotels based on actually being at the hotels, then they already have a better reason to prefer one hotel over another than any theist who prefers one religion over another.

What terrible argument will you make next?

Avante
05-24-2013, 12:15 AM
First of all, the "best" hotel is a matter of opinion, so your comparison is already flawed. Second, if people came to their conclusion about hotels based on actually being at the hotels, then they already have a better reason to prefer one hotel over another than any theist who prefers one religion over another.

What terrible argument will you make next?

Are you for real?

Why do you ask others about any hotel, yep, you are looking for their opinion, ya reckon?

Nobody can be this damn dense.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 12:18 AM
Are you for real?

Why do you ask others about any hotel, yep, you are looking for their opinion, ya reckon?

Did I disagree with that at any point in my post? You can't read, dumbass.

Again, the best hotel is a matter of opinion. Whether a god exists or not, is not a matter of opinion. Either a god exists or doesn't. That's not a matter of opinion.

What critical reading comprehension failure will you make next?

Avante
05-24-2013, 12:21 AM
Did I disagree with that at any point in my post? You can't read, dumbass.

Again, the best hotel is a matter of opinion. Whether a god exists or not, is not a matter of opinion. Either a god exists or doesn't. That's not a matter of opinion.

What critical reading comprehension failure will you make next?

You didn't mention...just a matter of opinion...more or less, sure you did dummy. Why ask anyone anything if you aren't looking for .............an opinion...well?

You gotta be about thre dumbest poster on this board you never seem to understand anything. I need a big crayon so I can draw you pictures moron.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 12:25 AM
You didn't mention...just a matter of opinion...

I literally mentioned that in the first sentence of my post.

Why ask anyone anything if you aren't looking for .............an opinion...well?

Everything isn't just a matter of opinion, stupid ass.

There are four sides to a square. That's not a matter of opinion.

What the best hotel in an area is, is a matter of opinion. Whether a god exists or not, isn't a matter of opinion.

You gota be about thre dumbest poster on this board you never seem to understasnd anything.

:lol says the dumbass who can't make an argument that isn't full of fallacies

Avante
05-24-2013, 12:55 AM
I literally mentioned that in the first sentence of my post.

Everything isn't just a matter of opinion, stupid ass.

There are four sides to a square. That's not a matter of opinion.

What the best hotel in an area is, is a matter of opinion. Whether a god exists or not, isn't a matter of opinion.

:lol says the dumbass who can't make an argument that isn't full of fallacies

Only a grade A dumbasss would think anyone cares if he believes or not. So tell me Woo how many times have you ever heard/read...you're right? Let me guess....never.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Only a grade A dumbasss would think anyone cares if he believes or not. So tell me Woo how many times have you ever heard/read...you're right? Let me guess....never.

:lmao changing the subject since your lame comparison failed

You are a special kind of delusional. You think you are never wrong, even though you post some seriously stupid shit all the time.

HarlemHeat37
05-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Woo, whenever you feel like taking a break from inducing Avante's upcoming suicide, you should post in the posters of the month thread upstairs, tbh..

Avante
05-24-2013, 01:09 AM
:lmao changing the subject since your lame comparison failed

You are a special kind of delusional. You think you are never wrong, even though you post some seriously stupid shit all the time.

How is anyone ever wrong about religious beliefs? Well? In your life you are in constant contact with those who trust in some God, right. Do you go around teling them they are wrong, of course not. Why not?

Avante
05-24-2013, 01:10 AM
Woo, whenever you feel like taking a break from inducing Avante's upcoming suicide, you should post in the posters of the month thread upstairs, tbh..

You can't be that simple.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 01:22 AM
How is anyone ever wrong about religious beliefs?

Because what they believe isn't true? That's generally how people are wrong about something.

In your life you are in constant contact with those who trust in some God, right. Do you go around teling them they are wrong, of course not. Why not?

What does this have to do with anything? You aren't even attempting to make a cogent argument now. You're just posting random shit.

:lol most people in America believe in God. Therefore, he exists.
:lol "In God We Trust" is on our currency. Therefore, God exists.
:lol You can't prove God doesn't exist. Therefore, God exists.
:lol People have been believing in gods since the dawn of man. Therefore, they're right, even though their beliefs contradict each other.
:lol Prayer works, because I prayed for my grandmother and she got better. The fact that millions of people's prayers aren't answered doesn't matter.
:lol Billions of people are Christian. Therefore, they're right. This doesn't apply to Muslims, though. They're wrong, even though there are over a billion people who are Muslim.

Avante honestly believes that those are good arguments.

Avante
05-24-2013, 01:36 AM
In case you haven't notice the non existence of God hasn;'t been proven yet. So wrong yet again.

Answer my question, do you tell those in your world who do believe that they are wrong because you said so? Answer the question.

Oh yeah, not going to read sermons, ok? Why don't you get that?

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 01:41 AM
In case you haven't notice the non existence of God hasn;'t been proven yet. So wrong yet again.

Not really. That depends on one's definition of "God." If we're talking about an omnipotent, omnibenevolent God, then yes, his existence has been disproved by the prevalence of evil. If we're talking about a God who answers prayers, his existence has been disproved by prayers not being answered. Etc.

Answer my question, do you tell those in your world who do believe that they are wrong because you said so? Answer the question.

Nope. And I haven't told you that, either.

Oh yeah, not going to read sermons, ok? Why don't you get that?

:lol Yes, I get that you are too retarded to read a few sentences. You don't have to keep reminding me.

Avante
05-24-2013, 01:48 AM
So tell me Woo, why don't you tell those in your orbit who do believe they need to listen to you? That they are wrong and there s no God because you said so. Well?

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 01:51 AM
So tell me Woo, why don't you tell those in your orbit who do believe they need to listen to you? That they are wrong and there s no God because you said so. Well?

I have never said that anybody was wrong about religion just because I said so. Just because you ignore my actual arguments doesn't mean that I haven't made any. Just because you ignore all logic and reasoning doesn't mean that we're on even footing.

What strawman about me do you want to make next?

Avante
05-24-2013, 01:57 AM
I have never said that anybody was wrong about religion just because I said so. Just because you ignore my actual arguments doesn't mean that I haven't made any. Just because you ignore all logic and reasoning doesn't mean that we're on even footing.

What strawman about me do you want to make next?

So you don't think those who believe are wrong at all, right?

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 01:58 AM
So you don't think those who believe are wrong at all, right?

That's not what I posted. You seriously have no critical reading skills at all. None. It's embarrassing how stupid you are.

Avante
05-24-2013, 02:29 AM
That's not what I posted. You seriously have no critical reading skills at all. None. It's embarrassing how stupid you are.

So you didn't say that there was no God and anyone believing there was was wrong, sure ya did faggot. So tell me asshole do you ever tell those in your world they are wrong because they believe in God? So your parents are idiots?

Nobody can be this stupid.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 02:33 AM
So you didn't say that there was no God and anyone believing there was was wrong

Nope.

sure ya did faggot.

If I did, then you can post a link.

So tell me asshole do you ever tell those in your world they are wrong because they believe in God?

Again, what is your argument? How is this relevant to whether God exists or not?

So your parents are idiots?

You don't know what my parents believe, dumb faggot.

Nobody can be this stupid.

I agree. It's baffling how idiotic you are. Your arguments are just lies and non-sequiturs now.

Avante
05-24-2013, 02:44 AM
What an idiot.

paste

I was raised Catholic , stupid ass. What's your next excuse for why it's okay to be irrational

There it is moron, you're folks were Catholic, right?

Wow,what a freak~~~~~~

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 02:48 AM
There it is moron, you're folks were Catholic, right?

One of my parents is Catholic. One of them isn't a theist. You assumed that both of them were theists, so He-Who-Has-Never-Been-Wrong-About-Anything is wrong yet again.

And are you actually going anywhere with these questions about the people in my life? Are you going to arrive at evidence for God's existence any time soon?

Avante
05-24-2013, 02:54 AM
One of my parents is Catholic. One of them isn't a theist. You assumed that both of them were theists, so He-Who-Has-Never-Been-Wrong-About-Anything is wrong yet again.

And are you actually going anywhere with these questions about the people in my life? Are you going to arrive at evidence for God's existence any time soon?

Look at yourself Woo, you don't even remember telling me you were raised Catholic? Yet expected me to know that only one parent, hahaha!!!!!!!!!! What a faggot!

I was just wondering why you spend all your time here trying to convince total strangers that you aren't as stupid as you act, when you could be telling those in your orbit you;re really not as stupid as you look.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 02:57 AM
Look at yourself Woo, you don't even remember telling me you were raised Catholic? Yet expected me to know that only one parent, hahaha!!!!!!!!!! What a faggot!

I didn't expect you to bring my parents into the conversation. That's all on you.

If you are always right, you should have known that one of my parents isn't a theist anyway.

I was just wondering why you spend all your time here trying to convince total strangers that you aren't as stupid as you act, when you could be telling those in your orbit you;re really not as stupid as you look.

Oh, so this is yet another totally irrelevant point of yours. Okay then.

So, where's the evidence for God's existence? You curiously haven't posted any yet. You just keep posting logical fallacies and non-sequiturs.

Avante
05-24-2013, 03:09 AM
I didn't expect you to bring my parents into the conversation. That's all on you.

If you are always right, you should have known that one of my parents isn't a theist anyway.

Oh, so this is yet another totally irrelevant point of yours. Okay then.

So, where's the evidence for God's existence? You curiously haven't posted any yet. You just keep posting logical fallacies and non-sequiturs.

How in the hell would anyone know anything about your parents ya idiot? You told me to show you the link, well there it was faggot, yep your dumbass had totally forgot....right? Poor guy and at such an immature age.

I have no evidence just like you have none, nobody has any evidence either way. You just pick a side and hope for the best.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 03:15 AM
How in the hell would anyone know anything about your parents ya idiot?

A know-it-all like you would, since you know everything.

You told me to show you the link

...to a post of mine in which I claim that God doesn't exist.

well there it was faggot

Where?

yep your dumbass had totally forgot....right? Poor guy and at such an immature age.

More lying and reading comprehension failure. You are going to change the subject, like you always do when you are wrong, and pretend that you are right about everything like the delusion, dumb faggot you are.

I have no evidence just like you have none, nobody has any evidence either way. You just pick a side and hope for the best.

I don't need evidence to not believe in something that hasn't been proven. The default position is non-belief until a claim is proven to be true. Prove that the claim, "God exists" is true.

Avante
05-24-2013, 03:35 AM
Once again what a load of bullshit. You forgot about...raised catholic...so cool the crap retard, ok?

So unless we can prove the existence of God he doesn't exist, right? You do know tha (have said it many times) I don't believe in God either right? I said...something...is responsible for all this, what nobody knows.

So you need prove before you can believe in anything, right?

When did you tell mom/dad? they were stupid for believing?

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 03:44 AM
Once again what a load of bullshit. You forgot about...raised catholic...so cool the crap retard, ok?

I did not forget about anything. I didn't ask you to talk about my family. You chose to ask me questions about my parents that presumptuous. That's your fault.

So unless we can prove the existence of God he doesn't exist, right?

No, unless we can prove the existence of God, there is no reason to believe that he exists.

You do know tha (have said it many times) I don't believe in God either right? I said...something...is responsible for all this, what nobody knows.

What is that something and why do you believe that is true?

Also, just because nobody knows doesn't make a claim any more or less likely to be true.

So you need prove before you can believe in anything, right?

No. There are matters of opinion. One needs proof when they make the claim that there is something behind everything, and you haven't given any yet.

Avante
05-24-2013, 03:47 AM
I did not forget about anything. I didn't ask you to talk about my family. You chose to ask me questions about my parents that presumptuous. That's your fault.

No, unless we can prove the existence of God, there is no reason to believe that he exists.

What is that something and why do you believe that is true?

Also, just because nobody knows doesn't make a claim any more or less likely to be true.

No. There are matters of opinion. One needs proof when they make the claim that there is something behind everything, and you haven't given any yet.

So until I can prove it what do I do?

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 03:50 AM
So until I can prove it what do I do?

Not believe. You already asked this question, and I already answered it.

Stop ignoring my answers to your stupid questions.

Avante
05-24-2013, 03:58 AM
Not believe. You already asked this question, and I already answered it.

Stop ignoring my answers to your stupid questions.

At what point do you realize I don't give a damn about your stupid questions asshole? Do you honestly think I care what a moron like you thinkks about religion? Who would, it's so obvious your retarded.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 03:59 AM
At what point do you realize I don't give a damn about your stupid questions asshole?

When you stop responding to them.

Avante
05-24-2013, 04:02 AM
When you stop responding to them.

Hell no, I get a kick out of this. My very own Woo. Plus this is too easy.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 04:07 AM
:lol So easy but you can't even defend your own beliefs.

Avante
05-24-2013, 04:13 AM
:lol So easy but you can't even defend your own beliefs.

Sure I can, until somebody proves otherwise I prefer to think it took some master designer to accomplish all this. It makes me feel better about things that ok with you?

Me and all those billions just have this weird thing about we can't be all there is.

AussieFanKurt
05-24-2013, 05:29 AM
Woo you can't win.. you're talking to a naive idiot

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Sure I can, until somebody proves otherwise I prefer to think it took some master designer to accomplish all this. It makes me feel better about things that ok with you?

Me and all those billions just have this weird thing about we can't be all there is.

And none if you have any justification for that belief.

DisAsTerBot
05-24-2013, 09:37 AM
lol this thread is a perfect example of the mental gymnastics religious nutters do to "feel better" about existence

irishock
05-24-2013, 07:06 PM
The more its on the news, the more of a chance someone will donate some funds to the red cross to help them. Im ok with it besides, in america the only interesting news to people is tradegy and drama.

Red Cross is corrupt as fuck

Avante
05-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Woo you can't win.. you're talking to a naive idiot

A naive idiot is someone who really believes that after years and years of forging any belief that some obvious internet moron is going to change anyones mind about anything.

You ever seen it done, me either. Don't forgret the billions who agree with me.

AussieFanKurt
05-24-2013, 09:17 PM
A naive idiot is someone who really believes that after years and years of forging any belief that some obvious internet moron is going to change anyones mind about anything.

Its not even that. Valid points are raised and you just disregard them because you cannot answer them

Avante
05-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Its not even that. Valid points are raised and you just disregard them because you cannot answer them

There are no...valid points...when it comes to this topic. This is about faith not facts. Only a fool tries to deal in logic/facts when talking religion. That should be obvious.

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Well I know some pretty intelligent/successful people

:lmao Funniest joke of the thread..... yeah, there's so many geniuses and millionaires in your trailer park....

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 10:06 PM

Constantly appealing to popularity doesn't change the lack of proof that your god exists compared to all the scientific proof of evolution.... ultimately, all you do is commit logical fallacy after logical fallacy to distract from the fact that you have no actual, meaningful proof on your side, tbh....

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 10:08 PM
There are no...valid points...when it comes to this topic. This is about faith not facts. Only a fool tries to deal in logic/facts when talking religion. That should be obvious.

No, there are absolutely valid points. Just because you don't want to think logically doesn't mean that logic has no place in a discussion about religion. In the end, it's about belief. And one either has belief for a good reason or for a bad reason. That's true on every matter. Believing because other people believe, is not a good reason. Believing because your belief hasn't been proven wrong yet, is not a good reason. The best way to get to the truth will always be rational thinking, no matter the subject.

The fact that you don't care about being rational shows that you don't care about the truth. And that's fine. If you want to delude yourself, go on ahead. Don't, however, claim that others are wrong for thinking rationally just because you can't.

Avante
05-24-2013, 10:13 PM
http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

http://realtruth.org/articles/070601-006-teog.html

http://toptenproofs.com/article_godsexistence.php

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 10:18 PM
http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

(1) Romans 1:19-21
(2) Jeremiah 29:13-14
(4) The Wonders of God's Creation, Moody Institute of Science (Chicago, IL)
(11) Dinesh D'Souza, What's So Great about Christianity; (Regnery Publishing, Inc, 2007, chapter 11).
(14) John 8:12
(15) John 14:6
(16) John 14:11
(17) Jeremiah 31:3
(18) John 3:16
(10) Revelation 3:20
(20) John 10:27-29
Bible verses, the Moody Bible Institute, and a Jeebotard neoconservative shill in D'Souza.... wow, those are some real unbiased sources :lol

Not to mention, a cursory glance around EveryStudent.com reveals that the whole website is just a bunch of Jeebotard talking points about God and the Bible....

Try again, dumbass...

Avante
05-24-2013, 10:20 PM
http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/gods-existence.htm

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/religion/a/einstein_god.htm

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 10:23 PM
http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/gods-existence.htm

He is a regular contributor to several Christian publications, is in wide demand as a speaker at conferences, and is the author of over 67 books including:
Handbook of Christian Apologetics (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0830817743/theofficiapet-20)
Christianity for Modern Pagans (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0898704529/theofficiapet-20)
Fundamentals of the Faith (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089870202X/theofficiapet-20)

So far, your only "sources" are the Bible, Bible institutes, and Christianity-focused speakers/writers, and those sites are full of the same logical fallacies and biases that your own lame arguments contain..... still haven't seen anything that adequately counters the obvious scientific proof of evolution as opposed to creation....

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 10:24 PM
1.) Argument from ignorance.
2.) Argument from ignorance.
3.) God of the gaps.
4.) Argument from ignorance.
5.) Complete bullshit, because God would actually try to convince us that he exists instead of the "I'll just leave you a sign or have my followers talk to you" bullshit that theists claim he does. If God was all powerful and truly wanted us to believe, then he is a colossal failure.
6.) Anthropomorphism and completely irrelevant.

It's no surprise that Avante actually find these to be compelling arguments.

Avante
05-24-2013, 10:25 PM
http://www.andrewcorbett.net/articles/5-proofs.html

http://catholiceducation.org/articles/apologetics/ap0149.html

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 10:29 PM
First cause bullshit, intelligent design bullshit, objective morality indepent of human beings bullshit, anecdote bullshit, and bullshit about a man coming back to life after being dead for three days.

:yawn: You aren't a Christian, but you sure like regurgitating arguments from Christians.

Avante
05-24-2013, 10:30 PM
http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/phl302/philosophers/descartes-god.html

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=16160.0;wap2

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 10:36 PM
:lol Avante's not even reading the articles that he's Googling.

And :lol good job contradicting yourself by saying logic doesn't apply, then turning around and using philosophical arguments.

Avante
05-24-2013, 10:39 PM

http://web.mnstate.edu/gracyk/courses/web%20publishing/aquinasfiveways_argumentanalysis.htm

http://www.love-themeaningoflife.com/proofofgod.htm

http://www.godandbrain.com/absolute-proof-that-god-exists/

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 10:46 PM
http://www.andrewcorbett.net/articles/5-proofs.html

Written by Dr Andrew Corbett, President of ICI Theological College Australia, and author of the popular commentary on the Book of Revelation- The Most Embarrassing Book In The Bible (http://www.andrewcorbett.net/meb-ad.html)

http://catholiceducation.org/articles/apologetics/ap0149.html

Charles E. Rice. "Can we prove that God exists?" Chapter 3 in Truth in Christ: Notes on Teaching Some Elements of the Catholic Faith (Notre Dame, Indiana: Cashel Institute, 1983), 4-6.

You do realize this is the equivalent of using Marlboro ads and Philip Morris-funded studies as "proof" that smoking isn't bad for you, right? :lol

Avante
05-24-2013, 10:47 PM
And it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

So I have a choice, I can go with the reading there or the reading here, hmmmmm?..that's a tough one.

Let's have some more.

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 10:49 PM
http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=16160.0;wap2

You do realize this one is making fun of Jeebotards such as yourself, right? Richard Dawkins is an atheist and an evolutionary biologist, and the other part is from an atheist site called "GodlessGeeks" :lol

Avante
05-24-2013, 10:50 PM
http://www.catholic.org/prwire/headline.php?ID=6894

http://christianity.about.com/od/newchristians/a/proofgodexists.htm

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 10:53 PM

BOB DUTKO is a leading voice today in the fearless defense of Christian truth, using logic, reason, science, history and factual evidence to disarm the critics and equip believers. Bob hosts the nationally syndicated talk show “Defending the Truth with Bob Dutko”, heard on radio stations nationwide. In addition, he hosts “The Bob Dutko Show”, Detroit's #1 Christian Talk Radio Show, heard daily from Noon—4:00 PM on 50,000 watt 103.5 FM - WMUZ. Bob is also the former National Press Secretary for Christian Coalition of America.

http://www.love-themeaningoflife.com/proofofgod.htm
This guy is a Christian author (http://www.love-themeaningoflife.com/my-published-books)....

http://www.godandbrain.com/absolute-proof-that-god-exists/

With 50 years devoted to the conceptual integration of medicine, neuroscience, psychology, physics and theology, Glenn Dudley is uniquely qualified to resolve the historical paradox of mind and body.

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 10:54 PM
And it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

So I have a choice, I can go with the reading there or the reading here, hmmmmm?..that's a tough one.

Let's have some more.

:lol false dichotomy.

And you do have a choice between flawed reasoning and good reasoning. You chose the one that already shared your views.

Avante
05-24-2013, 10:54 PM
http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/god-in-the-white-house/

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 10:55 PM
http://www.catholic.org/prwire/headline.php?ID=6894

Only Catholic Online, located at www.catholic.org (http://www.catholic.org), gives the largest and broadest population of Catholics worldwide easy access to comprehensive, educational and timely information about Catholicism, and provides a range of easy methods to integrate their faith into their daily lives.

http://christianity.about.com/od/newchristians/a/proofgodexists.htm

Being laid off from that job because of a reduction in force strengthened Jack's faith and trust in God. Five months later, he took a position as communications director for a national nonprofit organization. During his 16 years there, he wrote news releases, trade journal articles, direct mail packages, instructional materials and videos, and the organization's newsletter. He resigned from that position in 2002 and now writes articles and books for Christian publishers.

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 10:57 PM
http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/god-in-the-white-house/
"Every President has had some sort of religious belief, that must make it right!"

By your logic, you're also arguing that slavery, corruption, and marital infidelity are right since many Presidents have engaged in or supported those too....

Avante
05-24-2013, 10:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anselm_of_Canterbury

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 11:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anselm_of_Canterbury

Wow, I can't imagine why a Roman Catholic would be arguing for God's existence....

Son, give it up, you're not interested in an actual debate or presenting actual proof (since you have none), you're only interested in sources and articles that back up your preconceived agendaPERIOD

Avante
05-24-2013, 11:04 PM
PRINCETON, NJ -- More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 11:12 PM
:lol This dude is so fucking stubborn that he can't comprehend how extremely flawed his defense of religion is. And the worst thing is, he doesn't even believe the argument that he's making. Almost 2 billion people are Muslim, so, by Avante's own reasoning, they must be right, but nope! They're wrong, sick and primitive. The argument ad populum works for Avante when he is using it to defend a position that he agrees with.

Avante
05-24-2013, 11:13 PM
http://patriotdepot.com/the-proof-that-god-exists-and-the-bible-is-true/

Woo Bum-kon
05-24-2013, 11:17 PM
Oh neat! More links to articles and books that Avante hasn't read! The best way to prove something is true is by liking the title of the webpage it's on, apparently.

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 11:29 PM
PRINCETON, NJ -- More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question

Nearly one fifth of Americans believe Obama's a Muslim, nearly 21% of Americans believe witchcraft exists, nearly 20% of Americans still think the sun revolves around the Earth, and nearly 63% of young Americans can't find Iraq on a map....

Avante
05-24-2013, 11:31 PM
paste

The research relied on data from two national surveys: the Baylor Religion Survey, a nationally representative sample of 1,721 Americans; and the Work, Stress and Health Survey, which collects data from phone interviews with 1,800 people across the United States. In reviewing the data sets, Dr. Schieman studied the influence of people’s religious beliefs on behavior, and how education and income are related to views about God’s involvement in everyday life.
The study found that 82 percent of respondents said they “depend on God for help and guidance in making decisions.” And 71 percent believe that good or bad events are “part of God’s plan for them.’’

Avante
05-24-2013, 11:36 PM
paste

Say you were driving along the quiet and bucolic countryside when you're forced to (patiently) wait at a train crossing. All you see is a series of flatbed cars that seems to go on for miles. After an uncomfortably long wait you realize that this is an infinite series of flatbed rail cars! Would it then be logical to conclude that there is nothing actually pulling these cars -- no locomotive? That would clearly be absurd, as you know very well that flatbed rail cars have no power of locomotion, i.e., they are contingent/dependent on an outside force to move. As such, you can (and must) conclude that even if there are an infinite number of these cars -- or of anything (any series of contingencies) -- there must be an original, non-contingent force that is doing the moving, a force that has not been, and cannot be influenced by any other. This force is God.

http://www.livingwaters.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=7&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=340&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=199

Clipper Nation
05-24-2013, 11:46 PM
The research relied on data from two national surveys: the Baylor Religion Survey, a nationally representative sample of 1,721 Americans; and the Work, Stress and Health Survey, which collects data from phone interviews with 1,800 people across the United States. In reviewing the data sets, Dr. Schieman studied the influence of people’s religious beliefs on behavior, and how education and income are related to views about God’s involvement in everyday life.
The study found that 82 percent of respondents said they “depend on God for help and guidance in making decisions.” And 71 percent believe that good or bad events are “part of God’s plan for them.’’
Just another poll in a venerable sea of them that make this country look dumb, tbh....

paste

Say you were driving along the quiet and bucolic countryside when you're forced to (patiently) wait at a train crossing. All you see is a series of flatbed cars that seems to go on for miles. After an uncomfortably long wait you realize that this is an infinite series of flatbed rail cars! Would it then be logical to conclude that there is nothing actually pulling these cars -- no locomotive? That would clearly be absurd, as you know very well that flatbed rail cars have no power of locomotion, i.e., they are contingent/dependent on an outside force to move. As such, you can (and must) conclude that even if there are an infinite number of these cars -- or of anything (any series of contingencies) -- there must be an original, non-contingent force that is doing the moving, a force that has not been, and cannot be influenced by any other. This force is God.

http://www.livingwaters.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=7&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=340&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=199

Vision Inspiring and equipping Christians in fulfilling the Great Commission.
Mission In our passion to glorify God, magnify His grace, and exalt His Son, Jesus Christ, it is our mission to serve the local church by assisting in globally educating God's people in the principles of biblical evangelism; Exhorting them to fulfill the Great Commission; and equipping them with every necessary resource along the way. We do this primarily through the teaching and preaching of God's Word, strategic conferences, academic and practical training opportunities, networking platforms, and the production and dissemination of various printed and audio/visual media.

Avante
05-24-2013, 11:50 PM
It goes on forever, no end in sight. Colleges dedicated to the existence of God attended by students far more intelligent than, well....

Something is responsible for all this, for anyone to...."oh hell no it just happened"...pretty much tells you how intelligent they aren't. I prefer to deal with those with some deeper thought processes than..."can ya prove it, huh? huh? huh?"...hahaha!!!!!!!! How immature and childish is that sort of reasoning? Where's the deep thought?

I'm done reading those so simple and uneducated they still haven't figured out what the word...faith...means. Haven't bothered with the childish behavior we see above. Who would?

Yes, I don't buy into the God of the Bible but that doesn't mean I disrespect or challenge those who do. I go with a Master Designer instead. So I am agreeing more or less that yes there is a God/something out there. To do a monkey with a hard on bit like..."can ya prove it huh? huh? huh?"....nay, outgrew that long ago.

Totally, completely, 100%...see ya~~~~~~~~~~~~

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-25-2013, 12:01 AM
lol Avante
lol trying to site college when his highest education is a 2 year associates degree
lol old white bible thumping trash
lol some response to this about how he doesn't believe in the bible

Clipper Nation
05-25-2013, 12:03 AM
I prefer to deal with those with some deeper thought processes than..."can ya prove it, huh? huh? huh?"...hahaha!!!!!!!! How immature and childish is that sort of reasoning? Where's the deep thought?
How is "deep thought" possible without basic proof of the subject existing first?

I'm done reading those so simple and uneducated they still haven't figured out what the word...faith...means.
Faith can be irrational, and in the case of religion, it is....

Woo Bum-kon
05-25-2013, 06:08 AM
Something is responsible for all this, for anyone to...."oh hell no it just happened"...pretty much tells you how intelligent they aren't. I prefer to deal with those with some deeper thought processes than..."can ya prove it, huh? huh? huh?"...hahaha!!!!!!!! How immature and childish is that sort of reasoning? Where's the deep thought?

Yeah, nothing says deep thought like believing something is true based on zero good evidence solely because you want to believe that it's true, then bashing anybody who actually tries to look at the claim objectively.