PDA

View Full Version : ABC/ESPN Audio

PopRocks
05-21-2013, 06:43 AM
I have noticed all through the playoff when I watch any game on ABC/ESPN the audio mix is bad.

Seems the crowd noise is louder than the announcers.

Wondering if others have experienced this?

I'm on Uverse in San Antonio my just be within my provider.

TrueSpursFan
05-21-2013, 09:12 AM
I just started noticing it the last game. Either the crowd was extremely loud or they were having audio problems but yeah I agree I couldn't really hear them.

Oh and I have time Warner here in San Antonio
But actually I was watching it at work over the air so yeah not sure if that matters

Spur|n|Austin
05-21-2013, 09:25 AM
I'd rather hear the crowd than the announcers, tbh.

lurker23
05-21-2013, 10:10 AM
I've noticed it all year, and I'm on Comcast outside of Texas. Their audio mixing is just horrible.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Pretty sure last game at least, the crowd was just losing their shit, tbh.

Their audio mix DOES suck, though.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2013, 11:07 AM
I'd be okay if they just fired the talking heads and piped the arena sounds through my speakers.

PopRocks
05-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Good to know it's not me.

I really don't care about what they have to say, but it's annoying to watch.

I wish i could sync up the radio broadcast or have Bill and Sean do a synced feed.

Instead we get stupid crap about how Memphis likes being down...thanks Bill Simmons...

manufan10
05-21-2013, 01:37 PM
I've also had issues with it. It can be quite annoying.

phxspurfan
05-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Yeah I kept having to change settings on my receiver to try and hear the announcers

Spur|n|Austin
05-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Haven't had an issue at all, may be the first time I've ever said that with TWC..

LarryDavid
05-21-2013, 04:21 PM
I didn't notice a mix issue, but there was an issue with the audio breaking during the broadcast.

Josh810
05-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Mine is the same way, and I have DirecTV. It can get really bad, to where the music played at the arena drowns out all commentary. I still have no idea what causes it.

TheyCallMePro
05-21-2013, 06:49 PM
I have noticed all through the playoff when I watch any game on ABC/ESPN the audio mix is bad.

Seems the crowd noise is louder than the announcers.

Wondering if others have experienced this?

I'm on Uverse in San Antonio my just be within my provider.

Wow and here I thought all this time I was the only one.

You can't hear the announcers AT ALL. I have to turn the volume up to max just so I can hear what they're saying, and then the TV is so freakin loud that it's almost unbearable.

How can ESPN/ABC possibly have this issue? Fox Sports Southwest certainly doesn't. And how could they not have fixed this by now? If it's really everyone experiencing this, and there are millions watching, then SURELY they're trying to fix it right? It's just ridiculous for their broadcast to be fundamentally flawed like this.

ploto
05-21-2013, 07:18 PM
I noticed my picture on ABC is alot worse than on TNT.

SpursRock20
05-21-2013, 07:22 PM
I noticed my picture on ABC is alot worse than on TNT.
Yea same here. Not full HD, that's for sure.