PDA

View Full Version : NBA Referee Assignments Gm 2

romsho
05-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Foster, Kennedy, Spooner, Corbin...in other words, not Bennett Salvatore or Joey Crawford. Sounds good.

SA210
05-21-2013, 08:31 AM
:pctoss

oh wait, nevermind

Mouth is Bleeding
05-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Bill Kennedy I think was the one who really fucked us last season vs the Thunder game 6 (working with Crawford) but I haven't noticed him being particulary bad or anything since.

T Park
05-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Meh refs. Haven't really paid attention to any of them to be honest to know if they're bad or not.

Salvatore has not been seen in one game yet has he? If he hasn't, I bet he comes in game 3 or 4.

Spursmania
05-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Ok we got these refs at home. Let's have the assholes like Joey at their house.

polandprzem
05-21-2013, 10:15 AM
I did not paid attention to the refs much this year cause it seems like everyone is bad.

Foster IIRC is a home team guy and I used to like him, other then that I hope they will stay consistent

Mugen
05-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Bill Kennedy is a f'n wanker tbh.

silverblk mystix
05-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Bill Kennedy I think was the one who really fucked us last season vs the Thunder game 6 (working with Crawford) but I haven't noticed him being particulary bad or anything since.

This is like saying - "that guy raped my sister- but he has been cool since then"

lol

bklynspursfan
05-21-2013, 11:51 AM
This is like saying - "that guy raped my sister- but he has been cool since then"

lol

:rollin

spurs1990
05-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Funny how both times (2006 and 2012) the Spurs got reamed in officiating the league would have had a San Antonio - Miami finals.

phxspurfan
05-21-2013, 12:24 PM
The only refs I care anything about are Donaghy (thanks dude!) and Knick Bavetta

spurraider21
05-21-2013, 12:29 PM
for the most part i haven't really noticed the officiating at all in these playoffs in any of the games i watched. guess thats a good thing

DesignatedT
05-21-2013, 12:40 PM
I didn't like the way this crew officiated game 4 in the Golden State series tbh. Seems like they missed a lot of calls on both sides.

FromWayDowntown
05-21-2013, 01:03 PM
for the most part i haven't really noticed the officiating at all in these playoffs in any of the games i watched. guess thats a good thing

I agree with this. I think the more the league has kept pairs of officials together this year (this is the first time that the crew chiefs are working consistently with at least one other official), the less noticeable the officiating has been. It might just be coincidence, but I think as the better officials are working together more, their work is probably becoming better through that familiarity.

I didn't like the way this crew officiated game 4 in the Golden State series tbh. Seems like they missed a lot of calls on both sides.

Foster and Kennedy were there for Game 4, but Spooner worked Game 3 of the GST series.

41times
05-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Spurs favored by 5 points tonight.

I expect this to be a MUCH closer game than game 1.

Tonight should be fun and a probably a good example of what the rest of the seriese will be like. Could be similar to Spurs games back in the late 90's early 00's when 92-95 points wins it.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Isn't foster a home team ref?

hooperflash
05-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Wasn't a pretty outing for the crew tonight. Among all the weird fouls called, I thought of the one called on Diaw for poking Conley in the eye. Although he did swipe as his face, it honestly looked to me that the referee didn't see it actually happen, but only called a late foul on Diaw because he saw the reaction afterwords from Conley. If you see it, call it. If you don't, then don't call it. Just like in Game 1 when Z-Bo kept pushing people off him, especially the push on Duncan. None of the referees saw what caused Duncan to flail backwards so naturally they didn't find a reason to blow the whistle. Do your job correctly please, thanks!

Anyways 2-0, 6 more to go!

Whisky Dog
05-22-2013, 01:27 AM
These were atrocious tonight and should be sent home for the rest of the playoffs for such a terrible performance (if the league had any integrity they would be).

Phantom foul calls on Spurs players fronting Randolph yet no calls on his obvious push offs and bump offs in the lane.

Worst flagrant foul call in history on a hard playoff foul where nobody went for the head and there was no malicious act. That single call should bring down major discipline on the refs as it was even reviewed. That just means they are that bad at their job.

SA210
05-22-2013, 01:30 AM
Yea they frickin' sucked bigtime. Imagine what game 3 will be like. Salvatore maybe?

DPG21920
05-22-2013, 01:31 AM
They were bad, but not as bad as some make it out to be. Probably a flagrant on Manu, Conley got a phantom 3rd foul where he didn't hit Neal and a few others too.

Dingle Barry
05-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Flagrant call aside, they sucked ass in the totality and in every direction. Most calls were guessed or anticipated instead of actually observed and adjudicated. Just complete incompetence.

DesignatedT
05-22-2013, 01:45 AM
I didn't like the way this crew officiated game 4 in the Golden State series tbh.

Still don't like this crew.

Sean Cagney
05-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Refs sucked overall tonight, HORRIBLE! Overall on both sides NBA REFS SUCK! PERIOD.

GSH
05-22-2013, 01:56 AM
They were bad, but not as bad as some make it out to be. Probably a flagrant on Manu, Conley got a phantom 3rd foul where he didn't hit Neal and a few others too.

For most of the game, they were making shitty calls on both ends of the floor. There were a few plays where I was shaking my head, trying to understand how an NBA-level ref could mess things up that badly.

There was a play in the first half where Tim got both hands on the ball, and Randolph got both hands on the ball. They wrestled like that for over a second. It was an OBVIOUS jump ball - you couldn't possibly have missed it. Randolph eventually snatched it, and the refs never said a word about the tie-up. Both players, both hands. How do you miss that?

There was a play where Conley (I think) was driving, and Manu got camped in front of him. He dumped it off to Randolph, just as he crushed Manu. Again, it was impossible to miss, and they just watched. (Randolph wound up getting an and-1 out of it.)

There was one play where Diaw was on the baseline, and trying to make a pass to the corner. He got hit in the arm, and the ball went flying at about a 30-degree angle. There was a ref standing right there, looking directly at it. And it was pretty obvious that Diaw didn't just decide to throw it into the stands. Hard to explain.

Z-Bo committed a bunch of frustration fouls. A couple of times, it looked like he was just trying to get the foul call out of frustration. But look at his stat line, and he only committed 2 all night. He didn't draw a single whistle in the last 35 minutes of the game. If you were watching the same game I was, that's pretty hard to swallow.

Budkin
05-22-2013, 02:09 AM
The third quarter was a fucking joke. They got most their points off bullshit fouls.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2013, 03:00 AM
I'm not yelling conspiracy, because if they really wanted to see the Spurs lose they could have given Conley an and-1 at the end of regulation and not caught any heat for it. That said, these guys were legitimately terrible. Conley's third foul was just retardedly bad, calling the foul where Conley got his nose bloodied when they clearly didn't see it, calling a jump ball when the ball was so clearly off Tony Parker's hand, not calling Allen's shove of Duncan a flagrant and calling that foul by Manu a flagrant, of course. Ridiculous.

I guess everyone has an off night.

crc21209
05-22-2013, 03:02 AM
The third quarter was a fucking joke. They got most their points off bullshit fouls.

Third and Fourth quarter tbh. They got into the bonus with about 7-8 mins in both quarters. What a joke. And in the 3rd they went to the line about 3 straight times. The majority of their points in the 3rd qtr was because of FT's...:td

41times
05-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Spurs favored by 5 points tonight.

I expect this to be a MUCH closer game than game 1.

Tonight should be fun and a probably a good example of what the rest of the seriese will be like. Could be similar to Spurs games back in the late 90's early 00's when 92-95 points wins it.

a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

lurker23
05-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Horrible job by the referees last night. Both teams benefitted from missed calls, some of which weren't even close. Of course the worst has to be the flagrant at the end of regulation that was held up even AFTER review. In that situation, you only uphold that if it's indisputable, and it was the exact opposite after the flop was clearly seen by multiple camera angles.

Like I said, Grizzlies fans had reasons to be upset at the refs too. Hope we never see this crew again.