PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone else find it weird that the Heat series starts tomorrow?

Thebesteva
05-21-2013, 11:37 AM
It's game 2 of the WCF today and game 1 of ECF starts tomorrow, I don't think I ever recall that wide of a gap in the conference finals. Jeez Stern, can that Jew make it any more obvious that he is making sure the Heat recover well from injuries? Sternies ultimate nightmare is happening, Wade is battling an injury and the team he despises most (Spurs) look like the most complete team in the playoffs.

It's sad, because on an even playing field, I'd pick the Spurs over the Heat anyday. The problem is the Finals are going to be 8-5. Wonder how many of you Spurs\Lebron fans will still support the chosen fraud after he wins via freethrows.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2013, 11:41 AM
I was never a Lebron fan

JamStone
05-21-2013, 11:44 AM
It was announced I believe Saturday that the ECF was going to start on Wednesday regardless when the Pacers-Knicks series ended. If the Knicks won game 6, then game 7 would have been yesterday. I don't see the conspiracy. They wanted to set the date in stone accommodating the possibility of a game 7.

Bynumite
05-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Just when you think the OP couldn't shove his head any further into spurfan's ass :lol

ElNono
05-21-2013, 11:55 AM
It was announced I believe Saturday that the ECF was going to start on Wednesday regardless when the Pacers-Knicks series ended. If the Knicks won game 6, then game 7 would have been yesterday. I don't see the conspiracy. They wanted to set the date in stone accommodating the possibility of a game 7.

They could've done the same thing with the WCF...

Instead they decided it was going to be either Game 7 of SAS-GSW or the start of the WCF on Sunday... Don't see how they couldn't have done the same with the ECF other than Stern's not so hidden agenda, tbqh...

CitizenDwayne
05-21-2013, 11:56 AM
I was never a Lebron fan

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2013, 11:58 AM

Spurs had the same limitation, game 7 on Sunday or Game one on sunday. I don't see why the ECF couldn't do a Game 7/ Game 1 scenario for the East

TDMVPDPOY
05-21-2013, 12:02 PM
i want this clown to lose in the finals if they make it...

nothing beats havin duncan shittin on his legacy 2-0 finals

Splits
05-21-2013, 12:03 PM
This has very little to do with bias and much more to do with making sure there's a game on every night.

MIA/IND series has one game off between every game.

SAS/MEM gets 3 days off between games 2 & 3 before resuming every-other-day schedules.

I'd rather have the Spurs/Grizz schedule.

jeebus
05-21-2013, 12:05 PM
I was never a Lebron fan

JamStone
05-21-2013, 12:06 PM
They could've done the same thing with the WCF...

Instead they decided it was going to be either Game 7 of SAS-GSW or the start of the WCF on Sunday... Don't see how they couldn't have done the same with the ECF other than Stern's not so hidden agenda, tbqh...

To keep a game in a Sunday nationally televised spot. Either way, there would be a game on Sunday. But for Knicks-Pacers game 7 or Heat-Pacers game 1, it was going to be either Monday or Wednesday night, neither a high ratings spot. Push it to Wednesday, you guarantee at least one of the weekend games played at Miami (Friday night) as opposed to two weekend games at Indiana. If there's any conspiracy involved, it's not about helping Miami's injuries, but things being driven by TV ratings.

Thebesteva
05-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Just when you think the OP couldn't shove his head any further into spurfan's ass :lol

Cuz Im kind of jelous of how they run their organization. Put the FO of the Spurs in LA and they would win a ton of rings. Put Mitch and the Lakers FO in SA and they wouldn't win shit.

Alot of Laker fans are now realizing how greatly overrated Mitch and most of the FO of the Lakers are. The thing that the Lakers rely heavily on is that they are the BIGGEST market and brand name in the NBA. When was the last time the Lakers got a young player and developed them into something? Bynum?

Latarian Milton
05-21-2013, 09:14 PM
league doesn't want heat to wait too long after sweeping the pacers imho. heat-pacers series starts when the western finals has already gone 2 games, so both series will be ended about the same time

irishock
05-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Heat-Pacers will last longer than Memphis-Spurs imo

HarlemHeat37
05-21-2013, 09:27 PM
OP is a gay-ass nigga, tbh:lol..

I have never seen a fan of an opposing team trying so hard to fit in and appeal, tbh:lol..he constantly shits on his own team to fit in, Uncle Tom-ass nigga, tbh:lol..I thought pass1st was bad, but OP kills him in this category..

Jacob1983
05-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Basketball reasons

Thebesteva
05-22-2013, 12:23 AM

I have never seen a fan of an opposing team trying so hard to fit in and appeal, tbh:lol..he constantly shits on his own team to fit in, Uncle Tom-ass nigga, tbh:lol..I thought pass1st was bad, but OP kills him in this category..

Last time I checked, you like dick in the ass. So thanks for the compliment homo

Kidd K
05-22-2013, 02:08 AM
No, it's starting when it should have imo.

I do find it weird that the Spurs/Grizzlies series started super early though.

DJR210
05-22-2013, 02:16 AM
I originally had an issue with this, but then saw the Spurs don't play again until Saturday.

midnightpulp
05-22-2013, 02:18 AM

Lakersground will do that to a person.

Besteva is just trying to wash that painful memory from his consciousness, and if that takes fully embracing ST and its culture, I can't really blame a nigga.

Thebesteva
05-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Lakersground will do that to a person.

Besteva is just trying to wash that painful memory from his consciousness, and if that takes fully embracing ST and its culture, I can't really blame a nigga.

It's not that, it's that I don't get all happy over the Lakers winning championships anymore. Watching your team win so many times does that to you in all honesty (not talking trash). I've seen so many Lakers championships it's kind of like whatever now.

I think I really enjoyed the 2010 one and actually downloaded game 7 against the Celts and rewatched it like 500000000000000 times (the last min of the game).

Honestly, I am not a Spur fan and will always root for only the Lakers. But I always respected how their FO finds no name guys that can become huge players. But somehow, just because I'm not a Kobe die hard that makes HomoHeat think I'm a sell out.

midnightpulp
05-22-2013, 02:30 AM
Besteva's behavior is like when a refugee escapes to the United States from his former fascist homeland. He gets a taste of freedom, and before you know it, he's dyeing his hair red, white, and blue, has Lee Greenwood on eternal repeat, tattoos a bald eagle on his dick, and shits on his former country whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Spurstalk is the Ellis Island of message boards, and we'll take in the poor and tired expats of shitty forums like LG, which is the North Korea of sports message boards.

AaronY
05-22-2013, 02:31 AM
I love analogies too..

Thebesteva
05-22-2013, 02:33 AM
Besteva's behavior is like when a refugee escapes to the United States from his former fascist homeland. He gets a taste of freedom, and before you know it, he's dyeing his hair red, white, and blue, has Lee Greenwood on eternal repeat, tattoos a bald eagle on his dick, and shits on his former country whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Spurstalk is the Ellis Island of message boards, and we'll take in the poor and tired expats of shitty forums like LG, which is the North Korea of sports message boards.

:lol

midnightpulp
05-22-2013, 02:54 AM
I love analogies too..

If tomorrow all the things were gone
I'd worked for all my years
And I had to start again
With just my keyboard and some beer

I'd thank my lucky stars
To be posting here today
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom
And they can't take that away

And I'm proud to be a Spurstalker
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who posted faggot, ni66er, and bean
Who gave that right to me

And I gladly stand up next to you
And defend even Avante
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this forum
God Bless Spurstalk today

From the Menopause Militia
To the fat on Mookie's neck
Across Technique's white pants
To Pego's condo in Breck

From the Club to the NFL Forum
And from upstairs to the NBA Forum
Well there's pride in every Spurstalkers' heart
And it's time we stand up and shout

That I'm proud to be a Spurstalker

And defend even Avante

AaronY
05-22-2013, 03:11 AM
If tomorrow all the things were gone
I'd worked for all my years
And I had to start again
With just my keyboard and some beer

I'd thank my lucky stars
To be posting here today
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom
And they can't take that away

And I'm proud to be a Spurstalker

And defend even Avante

From the Menopause Militia
To the fat on Mookie's neck
Across Technique's white pants
To Pego's condo in Breck

From the Club to the NFL Forum
And from upstairs to the NBA Forum
Well there's pride in every Spurstalkers' heart
And it's time we stand up and shout

That I'm proud to be a Spurstalker

And defend even Avante

Lol

spurraider21
05-22-2013, 03:11 AM
difference between being "a lebron fan" and acknowledging who has been the best player in the league for quite some time, are 2 very different things

LarryDavid
05-22-2013, 03:21 AM
It's game 2 of the WCF today and game 1 of ECF starts tomorrow, I don't think I ever recall that wide of a gap in the conference finals. Jeez Stern, can that Jew make it any more obvious that he is making sure the Heat recover well from injuries?

Game 3 of WCF is on Saturday, and Game 3 of ECF is Sunday. No big deal to me.

ElNono
05-22-2013, 03:22 AM
To keep a game in a Sunday nationally televised spot. Either way, there would be a game on Sunday. But for Knicks-Pacers game 7 or Heat-Pacers game 1, it was going to be either Monday or Wednesday night, neither a high ratings spot. Push it to Wednesday, you guarantee at least one of the weekend games played at Miami (Friday night) as opposed to two weekend games at Indiana. If there's any conspiracy involved, it's not about helping Miami's injuries, but things being driven by TV ratings.

:lol yet the Spurs-Grizzliles game 1 had like the lowest ratings ever... should've waited till Wednesday, tbh

ElNono
05-22-2013, 03:25 AM

Story of my life, IMO, 'cept for the dick tat and colored hair...

Legacy
05-22-2013, 04:07 AM
I was never a Lebron fan

... but I respect him more than Kobe. Sorry, OP. ;)