PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Crawford calls Tony Parker underrated and the proceeds to underrate him

elbamba
05-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Crawford: Fiction. I love Parker's game, and even with all he has accomplished, I feel he's underrated. But Mike Conley is really making a name for himself in these playoffs, and I think they will cancel each other out for the most part. At the end of the day, I think this series will come down to the bigs on both sides.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/page/5-on-5-130521/memphis-grizzlies-san-antonio-spurs-game-2

So I find this to be the theme of how "experts" evaluate Parker's career, especially since 2007. They always say something to the effect of Tony has always been one of the best point guards, and then they proceed to explain why another point guard is better. Conley and Parker are not on the same level. When Tony is playing like he played from Dec. - Feb. of this year, Tony is the best point guard in the league and maybe one of the top 5 players in the league. I just wanted to give Parker a little love.

RD2191
05-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Jamal Crawford is a fukin idiot. Mike Conley better than TP? :lmao

spurraider21
05-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Tony Parker for some time during the season was #2 during the MVP race. I'm not even sure Conley got an all star vote

I. Hustle
05-21-2013, 01:43 PM
But Mike Conley is really making a name for himself in these playoffs, and I think they will cancel each other out for the most part. http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/page/5-on-5-130521/memphis-grizzlies-san-antonio-spurs-game-2

Jamal Crawford is a fukin idiot. Mike Conley better than TP? :lmao

It looks like he says they will cancel each other out. If anything he is saying they are equal. He didn't say either or was better.

Tony is better though.

doobs
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Conley plays great defense. That's about it. He's a mediocre shooter and his abilities as a playmaker and a distributor are above-average at best.

z0sa
05-21-2013, 01:55 PM
I have come to accept that most sports analysts and commentators would rather look retarded than back the Spurs.

justinandimcool
05-21-2013, 01:56 PM
no!! overrated chucker, please love my Spurs :cry

please compliment my Tony :cry

It's Jamal Crawford. He didn't even say anything bad. Even if he did, wgaf? :lol

TheyCallMePro
05-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Tony Parker has been the best point guard in the NBA hands down for the last decade. I can't believe I'm the only Spurs fan who can see this. What more does he have to do? Destroy Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Mike Conley, and all those other guys everyone says are better than him in the regular season and the playoffs some more? He can't do it forever.

Seriously, this is my biggest beef with the media. They respect Tim Duncan 1st, and the Spurs system 2nd. But Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli (2 of the greatest players of ALL TIME) get so little respect in comparison that it just makes me sick. I've heard people actually debate if Ginobli will get in the Hall of Fame. I mean, are you serious? Ginobli is AMAZING.

Look, I've only watched the NBA since 2005. To me, Tony Parker will go down on my list as the best point guard ever. And yet the media doesn't even recognize him sometimes as a top 5 point guard right now. That's just sickening. And I just don't know how some of you can say that Chris Paul or Rondo, or anyone else is better than him right now. Sometimes I blame the Spurs management a little bit because of this. Imagine if Tony or Manu played in New York or LA. Oh my god can you imagine? They would have statues built for them all over the place. The debate about who the best point guard in the NBA would never come up. As it shouldn't be when one guy has 3 rings and leads the most successful franchise is American Proffesional Sports history as he is now.

lefty
05-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Jamal Crawford I love you :cry

elbamba
05-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Tony Parker has been the best point guard in the NBA hands down for the last decade. I can't believe I'm the only Spurs fan who can see this. What more does he have to do? Destroy Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Mike Conley, and all those other guys everyone says are better than him in the regular season and the playoffs some more? He can't do it forever.

Seriously, this is my biggest beef with the media. They respect Tim Duncan 1st, and the Spurs system 2nd. But Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli (2 of the greatest players of ALL TIME) get so little respect in comparison that it just makes me sick. I've heard people actually debate if Ginobli will get in the Hall of Fame. I mean, are you serious? Ginobli is AMAZING.

Look, I've only watched the NBA since 2005. To me, Tony Parker will go down on my list as the best point guard ever. And yet the media doesn't even recognize him sometimes as a top 5 point guard right now. That's just sickening. And I just don't know how some of you can say that Chris Paul or Rondo, or anyone else is better than him right now. Sometimes I blame the Spurs management a little bit because of this. Imagine if Tony or Manu played in New York or LA. Oh my god can you imagine? They would have statues built for them all over the place. The debate about who the best point guard in the NBA would never come up. As it shouldn't be when one guy has 3 rings and leads the most successful franchise is American Proffesional Sports history as he is now.

In my opinion, when Rose is healthy, he is the best point guard in the league. Tony has been top 3 since around 2007. I would give Paul a slight edge most of those years. But this year, hands down, prior to the ankle injury, Tony was the best point guard in the league.

Spur|n|Austin
05-21-2013, 02:37 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll2q53UvcU1qefjiy.gif

Kidd K
05-21-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm not way upset about it since they're dumb, but indeed it's a huge joke when people write off Parker as, "oh the other guy can/will just play him even". GTFO, no he won't. Even Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook RARELY play Parker even, how the fuck is Conley going to?

Only Derrick Rose has consistently bested Parker or played him even. Sometimes Rondo does (with assists mostly). Nobody else has consistently done it. Jamal Crawford and anyone else who tries to act like they're even is on crack.

skulls138
05-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Fool! It is the bigs that will cancel each other out, leaving the Spurs the advantage with the guards and small fowards.

SpurPadre
05-21-2013, 03:28 PM
In my opinion, when Rose is healthy, he is the best point guard in the league. Tony has been top 3 since around 2007. I would give Paul a slight edge most of those years. But this year, hands down, prior to the ankle injury, Tony was the best point guard in the league.

When healthy? Shit, Rose has been healthy and cleared to play since March. At worst, he's in better shape than any of the current Bulls player on the roster. What Rose seems to clearly have lost, though, is a pair of balls.

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Mike Conley played a huge part in destroying his team. That's probably why Crawford thinks Conley is really good.

Knoxxx
05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
As Jim Rome once said, have a take and don't suck. J Crawford sucks just like all the former scrub players turned announcers: Rose, Barry, Davis, etc. On occasion one of their takes makes it through my DVR but not often.

Cry Havoc
05-21-2013, 04:38 PM
I hope Tony sees this and uses it for his bulletin board.

KaiRMD1
05-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Conley can be better once Parker is neutralized. But when Parker gets going, the other team is pretty much fucked.

PÒÓCH
05-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. Jamal just happens to have an extra one where his mouth is.

GSH
05-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Nobody has ever accused Crawford of being smart.

Barfunk
05-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Crawford didn't say anything bad at all

therealtruth
05-21-2013, 11:12 PM
I think we were lucky Conley got in foul trouble in the first half.

SpursRock20
05-22-2013, 12:54 PM

As if the two were mutually exclusive

elbamba
05-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Crawford didn't say anything bad at all

My point is not that he bad-mouthed Tony, he did not. My point is that for the last 5-6 years, I have heard most of the "experts" glance over Tony's accomplishments. When they discuss the best point guards of today they always leave Tony out or they will throw his name in the end and say Tony has been one of the best for a long time, but here is why so and so is better. I'm not crying about it, but Tony is the PG of the team I love so I was simply pointing out that Crawford called him underrated and then proceeded to say that he and Conley are equal. Do you think anyone, including Crawford would say Conley and Paul are equal or Conley and Rose? No way in hell.