PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Will Be Declining Federal Aid, Right?

Durant82
05-21-2013, 01:52 PM
I mean, both their Senators voted against giving relief to Hurricane Sandy victims so it's only natural they'd stick to their values, right?

The Reckoning
05-21-2013, 01:53 PM
no they're taking it because they believed hurricane sandy aid had pork attached to it

Durant82
05-21-2013, 01:58 PM
no they're taking it because they believed hurricane sandy aid had pork attached to it
It's only pork if it affects somebody else. I wonder what Christie thinks.

The Reckoning
05-21-2013, 02:01 PM
im not defending them only reiterating what they say

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 02:11 PM
I mean, both their Senators voted against giving relief to Hurricane Sandy victims so it's only natural they'd stick to their values, right?

Stay classy, Durant.

Durant82
05-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Stay classy, Durant.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Yeah. "He did it first!" was a compelling defense in the 3rd grade.

DarrinS
05-21-2013, 02:29 PM

Hmm. Now where have I heard this before? I guess all you guys just had the same thought on the same day.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Darrin is upset that the other side gets to have talking points too?

Durant82
05-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah. "He did it first!" was a compelling defense in the 3rd grade.
LOL moving the goalposts

Durant82
05-21-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm all for giving government handouts to assist those poor people in Oklahoma. I just won't be the one who looks like a hypocrite.

DarrinS
05-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Darrin is upset that the other side gets to have talking points too?

lol

it's never too early to politicize a disaster.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 02:39 PM
LOL moving the goalposts

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you just said.

DarrinS
05-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Lol, Durant82 hating his own state.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm all for giving government handouts to assist those poor people in Oklahoma. I just won't be the one who looks like a hypocrite.

That's super-important. I can see why you need to create a thread about it. :tu

Durant82
05-21-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you just said.

rofl "you're dumb and i'm not!" What was that about 3rd grade behavior?

DarrinS
05-21-2013, 02:43 PM

Shouldn't you be in this NBA thread making fun of dead kids?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214715

Durant82
05-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Shouldn't you be in this NBA thread making fun of dead kids?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214715

Done with that, now i'm making fun of hypocrite republicans thx

Goran Dragic
05-21-2013, 02:44 PM
If only Teysha was this critical of Republicans who politicized Hurricane Sandy Relief :lmao

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 02:47 PM
If only Teysha was this critical of Republicans who politicized Hurricane Sandy Relief :lmao

I was, junior.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 02:48 PM
rofl "you're dumb and i'm not!" What was that about 3rd grade behavior?

Considering I didn't even have a goal post to move, it's not surprising you couldn't grok my response. lol shortbus.

DarrinS
05-21-2013, 02:50 PM
The tornado just happened yesterday, right?

Just checking.

Goran Dragic
05-21-2013, 02:52 PM
I was, junior.

I'm sure you were.

DarrinS
05-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Who is this Goran Dragic fag?

Goran Dragic
05-21-2013, 02:54 PM
The tornado just happened yesterday, right?

Just checking.

How exactly is this thread impacting Oklahoma City? Republicans always become enamored with sentimental bullshit whenever there's a shit sandwich full of hypocrisy staring them in the face. You have absolutely no defense for the Oklahoma senators' sanctimonious protesting of Hurricane Sandy relief so you're trying to go on a tangent about how classless it is to politicize a natural disaster that happened in a state full of people who wanted NY and NJ to not get any federal help.

Let me guess, you've been praying for all the victims?

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm sure you were.

Glad that's settled, shortbus.

DarrinS
05-21-2013, 02:58 PM
How exactly is this thread impacting Oklahoma City? Republicans always become enamored with sentimental bullshit whenever there's a shit sandwich full of hypocrisy staring them in the face.

Let me guess, you've been praying for all the victims?

Meh, there are types of people that want to score political points and make fun of religious red-staters and their dead kids, and then there are the rest of us.

Goran Dragic
05-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Glad that's settled, shortbus.

:lol let me guess, it's similar to how WC was really critical of Bush's deficit spending during his presidency in spite of the fact there isn't an iota of it on this site?

Goran Dragic
05-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Meh, there are types of people that want to score political points and make fun of religious red-staters and their dead kids, and then there are the rest of us.

There are types of people who want to deny Hurricane relief to a state because it's an evil atheist blue state, and then there are the rest of us.

DarrinS
05-21-2013, 03:03 PM
There are types of people who want to deny Hurricane relief to a state because it's an evil atheist blue state, and then there are the rest of us.

Really? I think you know you are full of shit.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2013, 03:09 PM
lol

it's never too early to politicize a disaster.Are you trying to call foul here?

Rings hollow tbh.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 03:16 PM
:lol let me guess, it's similar to how WC was really critical of Bush's deficit spending during his presidency in spite of the fact there isn't an iota of it on this site?

See you later, shortbus.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204803&p=6165712&viewfull=1#post6165712

spursncowboys
05-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Did the citizens of the state of Oklahoma pay federal taxes?

spursncowboys
05-21-2013, 03:28 PM
It's only pork if it affects somebody else. I wonder what Christie thinks.
You mean how would Christie view $58.8 million for forest restoration on private land, being put in disaster relief for Oklahoma? Hmm

ChumpDumper
05-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Did the citizens of the state of Oklahoma pay federal taxes?The citizens of NJ did as well.

spursncowboys
05-21-2013, 03:29 PM
$150 million for Alaskan fisheries

spursncowboys
05-21-2013, 03:30 PM
The citizens of NJ did as well.
I'm not understanding the point.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm not understanding the point.I'm not surprised.

I'm for federal disaster relief in both cases. 36 Republican senators are already on record as not being for it in both cases. Let's see what they think this time around.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm not surprised.

I'm for federal disaster relief in both cases. 36 Republican senators are already on record as not being for it in both cases. Let's see what they think this time around.

I'm sure their view on this is evolving.:lol

spursncowboys
05-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Didn't think you could explain the nonsense.
Inhofe: Tornado aid ‘totally different’ from Hurricane Sandy aidhttp://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/05/21/inhofe-tornado-totally-different-from-hurricane-sandy/

spursncowboys
05-21-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm sure their view on this is evolving.:lol
I don't think Tom "Dr No" Coburn is the kind of knee jerk politician. I imagine he would vote no, if the bill was filled with pork like the original Sandy Relief

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 03:41 PM
The pork isue is irrelevant to Coburn. The No vote is a default unless the aid is "paid for" by a corresponding cut somewhere else.

That's a poor way to manage disaster relief.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 03:42 PM
politicizing disaster relief is fucking retarded.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't think Tom "Dr No" Coburn is the kind of knee jerk politician. I imagine he would vote no, if the bill was filled with pork like the original Sandy ReliefHe'll vote yes because he is precisely not a knee jerk politician.

He's just a politician.

G-Nob
05-21-2013, 03:53 PM
politicizing disaster relief is fucking retarded.

Pork is retarded. Propose a disaster relief bill that is not a blank check for wasteful spending somewhere else. That is the only reason it failed. The biggest talking point of the election at the time was the economy and the more wasteful spending than any administration in history. Of course the lib media is going to cry foul because there is an election for their man to win a month later.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Pork is retarded. Propose a disaster relief bill that is not a blank check for wasteful spending somewhere else. That is the only reason it failed.Um, it didn't fail.

G-Nob
05-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Um, it didn't fail.

I stand corrected. Why GOP was initially against it.

Goran Dragic
05-21-2013, 04:58 PM
See you later, shortbus.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204803&p=6165712&viewfull=1#post6165712

Where in there are you critical of Republican senators who voted against Sandy relief?

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Where in there are you critical of Republican senators who voted against Sandy relief?
I was defending Obama's actions. Since there was little in that thread pertaining to Republican senators. Lrn2contextualize, shortbus.

Durant82
05-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Didn't think you could explain the nonsense.
Inhofe: Tornado aid ‘totally different’ from Hurricane Sandy aid

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/05/21/inhofe-tornado-totally-different-from-hurricane-sandy/

That was a “totally different” situation, Inhofe told MSNBC, arguing that the Sandy aid was filled with pork. There were “things in the Virgin Islands. They were fixing roads there and putting roofs on houses in Washington, D.C.”

Oh, the humanity! fixing roads in a less developed area and putting roofs on houses THAT WERE DAMAGED BY THE FUCKING HURRICANE.

Goran Dragic
05-21-2013, 05:17 PM
I was defending Obama's actions. Since there was little in that thread pertaining to Republican senators. Lrn2contextualize, shortbus.

So like I said you were never critical of Republican senators who voted against Sandy relief on this message board.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Where's the thread about Republican senators who voted against Sandy relief? I'm not finding any, other than this one, which I've already spanked the senators in question.

Affirm the Consequent much?

Goran Dragic
05-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Oh, the humanity! fixing roads in a less developed area and putting roofs on houses THAT WERE DAMAGED BY THE FUCKING HURRICANE.

:lmao

I called it, Republicans would start splitting hairs about why Tornado relief is more justified than Hurricane relief :lmao

AaronY
05-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Beginning to suspect this Durant82 is not really a Thunder fan..fishiness afoot..

Goran Dragic
05-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Where's the thread about Republican senators who voted against Sandy relief? I'm not finding any, other than this one, which I've already spanked the senators in question.

You didn't spank the senators in question. You never touched the topic. Commending Obama =/= criticizing the senators.

Given how much of an issue you're taking with Durant82 and I politicizing this issue, why didn't you make a thread about the Republican senators politicizing the issue? Methinks two random message board trolls probably isn't as big a deal as 30+ senators.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 05:22 PM

Oh, here's one. But the OP was so fucking retarded it didn't even warrant a resopnse after CC destroyed it.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212664&highlight=senator+hurricane+sandy

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 05:24 PM
You didn't spank the senators in question. You never touched the topic. Commending Obama =/= criticizing the senators.

Given how much of an issue you're taking with Durant82 and I politicizing this issue, why didn't you make a thread about the Republican senators politicizing the issue? Methinks two random message board trolls probably isn't as big a deal as 30+ senators.

Why don't you go climb a wall of dicks instead of obsessing over me not posting to your particular specs? http://homerecording.com/bbs/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

The Tautology Club meets two doors down the hall. have fun.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 05:25 PM

lol at issue.

Goran Dragic
05-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Yeah CC destroyed it by using the vague description "pork!" like every other right wing hack has done so far to justify why Republicans decided to rewrite the rules of disaster relief when a disaster hit a blue state.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 05:27 PM
lol blue state.

Goran Dragic
05-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Why don't you go climb a wall of dicks instead of obsessing over me not posting to your particular specs? http://homerecording.com/bbs/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

The Tautology Club meets two doors down the hall. have fun.
I'm pointing out you're a sanctimonious hypocrite who only whines about natural disasters being politicized when Liberals do it.

lol pulling the obsessed card

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 05:28 PM
lol.

Keep posting, shortbus.

Durant82
05-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Why don't you go climb a wall of dicks

lol 3rd grade insult
lol shortbus

Durant82
05-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Yeah CC destroyed it by using the vague description "pork!" like every other right wing hack has done so far to justify why Republicans decided to rewrite the rules of disaster relief when a disaster hit a blue state.

:lol

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 05:31 PM
lol 3rd grade insult
lol shortbus

I never heard that in 3rd grade!http://www.audioandanarchy.com/images/smilies/really1.png

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm pointing out you're a sanctimonious hypocrite who only whines about natural disasters being politicized when Liberals do it.

lol pulling the obsessed card

I'm sure you also notice, since you seem to have taken an interest in my posting history, that I don't smack around blue senators. Instead, I just like to dogpile ideologues and work in coffee talk where possible. Character flaw.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2013, 05:37 PM
and the odd automotive post as well.

spursncowboys
05-21-2013, 07:03 PM
The roofs were for NASA I believe. The majority of the funding was pork.

spursncowboys
05-21-2013, 07:04 PM
TB is as much a right winger as I'm a statist

AaronY
05-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Excellent debate

ChumpDumper
05-22-2013, 02:58 AM
The roofs were for NASA I believe. The majority of the funding was pork.Well, list the finding in the bill to prove it.

boutons_deux
05-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Coburn: Disaster victims getting federal aid think they ‘don’t have to be responsible’Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn (R) on Sunday said that the federal government had “created kind of a predicate, that you don’t have to be responsible for what goes on in your state” by providing aid after disasters like the tornado that hit the Oklahoma City area last week.

Less than a week after the monster tornado did billions of dollars worth of damage to his state, CBS News host Bob Schieffer asked Coburn if now was the time to reform the way the federal government budgeted for disaster aid.

“I really do,” the Oklahoma Republican agreed. “We ought to have priorities about how we fund it instead of borrowing the money, and we ought to make sure the money is actually for the emergency at hand, not for four or five years later. And not allow to bill to be actually loaded up with things that have nothing to do with the emergency at hand.”

Coburn asserted that federal disaster aid should only kick in when local resources were overwhelmed, and he said that the “vast majority” of disasters did not meet that requirement.

“So, we’ve kind of transferred the responsibility for storms and damage to the federal government, instead of to the state government.” he insisted. “We’ve created kind of a predicate, that you don’t
have to be responsible for what goes on in your state.”

Just hours after the tornado hit last week, Coburn told CQ.com (http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/coburn-wants-tornado-disaster-aid-to-be-offset/) that he would “absolutely” demand that aid be offset by spending cuts.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/26/coburn-disaster-victims-getting-federal-aid-think-they-dont-have-to-be-responsible/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

So where is Coburn's $10Bs rainy-day/tornado fund?

angrydude
05-27-2013, 12:44 AM
From what I saw it looked like most of the damage was in residential neighborhoods.

Homeowners insurance is going to pay for a lot if not most of those damages. (Unless it's allstate. they never pay out, fuck them)

the government gives out LOANS (that have to be paid back) for the rest.

Only the super poor will get grants.

The common city infrastructure is what is the biggest concern.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-27-2013, 09:57 AM
It's Oklahoma so chances are the infrastructure sucked before the Tornado