PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Pop, You did throw this game away

Brunodf
05-21-2013, 10:15 PM
We had a 18 points lead and Pop played some stupid small ball lineups and Bonner+Neal lineups, almost cost us the game.

bbarry
05-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Duncan picking up two silly fouls helped vastly to throw it away.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Bonner and Neal out there together, LOL.

Rummpd
05-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Let's hope over ranked Grizz cannot take advantage of a piss poor SAS stretch

Obstructed_View
05-21-2013, 10:56 PM
The Spurs kept trying to land a knockout jumper and stopped paying attention to the score of the game. Unfortunately, this is now the third time they've done that in the last two rounds.

bbarry
05-21-2013, 11:07 PM
They've been doing it for years.... not just this playoff run. Where've you been?

Mal
05-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Pop decided to play Bonner for long fucking minutes, and surprise surprise Memphis scored twice as many as 1st half...

freetiago
05-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Popovich getting cocky with his bench is nothing new
ive just hoping he doesnt continue it for the playoffs
at the end of the 3rd quarter Duncan & Splitter had 20 minutes each
Randolph and Gasol had 30 minutes each
if they played the entire 12 they would have only played a measly 32 minutes

Brunodf
05-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Luck we have TD, but still, Pop gave them a HUGE confidence boost.

ffadicted
05-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Can we pink this guy? lol

capek
05-21-2013, 11:16 PM
or just ban? what a shit thread

Obstructed_View
05-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Unless someone can explain why Matt Bonner was in the game instead of Tim Duncan throughout the 4th quarter, and why Gary Neal is in the rotation at all, this is a perfectly reasonable thread. It's an order of magnitude smarter than the one blaming Manu for fouling Tony Allen.

DAF86
05-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Too much Bonner, not playing Manu at the end when he was playing relatively well and could have run the offense with Tony being clearly gassed. Did not like Pop at all.

milkyway21
05-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Pop won, so this thread should be thrown to the trash can away :D

Brunodf
05-21-2013, 11:30 PM
or just ban? what a shit threadIF u don't think that the Grizzlies comeback was Pop fault you are delusional. They were crushed, already beat, then Pop puts Neal/small ball lineup in and they can't miss/they get hot and start believing.

capek
05-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Unless someone can explain why Matt Bonner was in the game instead of Tim Duncan throughout the 4th quarter, and why Gary Neal is in the rotation at all, this is a perfectly reasonable thread. It's an order of magnitude smarter than the one blaming Manu for fouling Tony Allen.

a million times 0 is still 0.

btw he edited the OP. He called it a loss while the game was still going on, which is what we called out as fucking moronic.

2centsworth
05-21-2013, 11:37 PM
small ball is a mistake against the Grizz.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2013, 11:45 PM
He called it a loss while the game was still going on, which is what we called out as fucking moronic.

Ah, I missed that. I don't really give a shit if the team wins or loses. A bad call is a bad call and a stupid decision is a stupid decision. Pop's gone small in the second half far too many fucking times in this postseason, and the Spurs have been lucky to only lose one of those games.

pgardn
05-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Tony was forced to over dribble and we completely stopped moving the ball around. Having Duncan as a good hands outlet at the elbows was not available. Having Duncan's length to catch and distribute absent led to Tony doing way too much. I think he missed 6 or 7 in a row in the fourth. This is why we lost our comfy lead. He got most of his assists earlier in the game after good ball movement opened up lanes to penetrate.

On the bright side Duncan was fresh for the overtime.

When Pop says to keep pounding away, this does not mean Parker is to dribble the ball until all options are gone. I cannot be the only one to see this? Where are the assistants? Snap out of this run the clock, bad shot, don't move the ball around stupor!

pgardn
05-21-2013, 11:56 PM
And I am rarely a critic of his coaching.

So when the grades come up, I expect pop to be downgraded for his management during the 4th.

- sincerely

Gertrude Crutchfield

tuncaboylu
05-21-2013, 11:56 PM
We didn't play small-ball today except last 12 second of OT. We played with two big men in whole game. Maybe you do not want to call Bonner as big, but we're not playing small ball when he's in the game.

And Duncan got his 4th foul when 8 minutes remained in 3rd quarter and his 5th foul when 8 minutes remained in 4th quarter. He just couldn't stay in the court, since Gasol or Zach fouled him out easily, especially with that refs.

SA210
05-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Pop was stupid

capek
05-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Ah, I missed that. I don't really give a shit if the team wins or loses. A bad call is a bad call and a stupid decision is a stupid decision. Pop's gone small in the second half far too many fucking times in this postseason, and the Spurs have been lucky to only lose one of those games.

There's plenty of material to analyse from this game; wouldn't disagree with any of that. An instance of Pop caring more about the philosophy of his system then just putting out lineups that have the best chance of winning. Though I kinda feel that Timmy's foul troubles threw a lot into chaos; which shouldn't happen with such an experienced team, but it seemed to really mess up the rotations. I don't know, I have no idea how we lost that lead, other than just the psychological impulse to coast when you're up big. Annoying but we pulled it out, and honestly I think it'll keep Spurs awake and hungry, and hopefully less complacent than the might have been if game 2 had ended in another blowout. Whatever, we're up 2-0; I think we just plain have too many weapons for the Grizz to effectively gameplan against, so I'm happy to take the win and count the fucking daaaaaays until game 3.

ElNono
05-22-2013, 12:00 AM
it wasn't that he played Bonner + Neal... he overplayed them... it was OK to close the 3rd quarter (12 pt lead, IIRC)... but starting the 4th with that killed everything. It was a 8 or 7 point game when he brought the starters back in... and kept Bonner... there was no reason for that. We got destroyed on the boards tonight.... 60 to 46 or something like that. Unless Tiago or Diaw are in foul trouble, they need to take Matt minutes. Neal should be tried in the 1st half, and if he's off, you need to roll with the guys that got you there: Verde and Kawhi... they're young. They can play.

pgardn
05-22-2013, 12:05 AM
I think we just plain have too many weapons for the Grizz to effectively gameplan against, so I'm happy to take the win and count the fucking daaaaaays until game 3.

This is an important statement.

I hope Memphis believes this.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2013, 12:06 AM
We didn't play small-ball today except last 12 second of OT. We played with two big men in whole game. Maybe you do not want to call Bonner as big, but we're not playing small ball when he's in the game.

And Duncan got his 4th foul when 8 minutes remained in 3rd quarter and his 5th foul when 8 minutes remained in 4th quarter. He just couldn't stay in the court, since Gasol or Zach fouled him out easily, especially with that refs.

Not playing Splitter and Duncan together is smallball, especially when Bonner is playing timid, which he was from the start of the second half. Everything the Spurs ran was trying to generate jumpers. It's the same offense Pop ran in the 4th quarter against Golden State when they lost one and nearly lost another.

Mr. Body
05-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Parker jacking threes. Bad lineups. Stupid shots.

spurraider21
05-22-2013, 01:53 AM
spurs won IMO

Budkin
05-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Fail. We won. And we've blown huge leads every championship run. We blew an 18 pt lead to Dallas in the closeout game at home in 2003.

GhosTown
05-22-2013, 02:03 AM
I don't know when this wino is going to stop overplaying Bonner, but 27 mins and Diaw only plays 12. What difference does it matter to play good defense and Bonner can't pull the defensive rebound. HOF coach my ass.

SenorSpur
05-22-2013, 02:06 AM
I don't know when this wino is going to stop overplaying Bonner, but 27 mins and Diaw only plays 12. What difference does it matter to play good defense and Bonner can't pull the defensive rebound. HOF coach my ass.

There's absolutely no excuse for this.

Legacy
05-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Can we pink this guy? lol

or just ban? what a shit thread

spurs won IMO

TampaDude
05-22-2013, 03:55 AM
Fuck it, we won. At least the Spurs won't be coasting with a big lead anymore. Crush the Grizz!!!

Brunodf
06-18-2013, 10:53 PM
BUMP.