05-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Never learn

Missing open shot after open shot

Bad defense

STUPID foul

FUCK

Obstructed_View
05-21-2013, 10:54 PM
If you notice the play that resulted in the flagrant call on Manu, Bonner was the one not setting the screen, allowing Randolph to knock the ball loose.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Bonner was fucking brilliant in the first half. His defense was excellent, his rebounding and aggression were in high gear, his rotations were perfect, he contested shots and had quick hands. Hell, he won TWO jump balls.

That said, there' is no fucking excuse on earth to have him in at the end of a game unless you're down by seven and need threes.

None.

Capt Bringdown
05-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Bonner is a consummate front-runner. He cannot deal with adversity or pressure.
Not really a playoff performer. At all.
Of course, we know this already right? Apparently not.
"But-but-but, this year it will be different."

Obstructed_View
05-21-2013, 11:40 PM
And frankly, this is the reason many of us hate Bonner. Not because he can't contribute, but because as soon as he does Pop goes Peter Principle on him and throws him in while an 18 point lead disintegrates.

Nathan89
05-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Terrible coaching decision considering Bonner's play and we had a 7pt lead that would be protected better if we had Tiago and Tim playing.

thOOdee
05-21-2013, 11:42 PM
pop being greedy

ElNono
05-21-2013, 11:45 PM
It's on Pop, tbh... he kept rolling with him even though he was invisible on both ends, and Splitter was watching from the bench.... -12 for the king of plus/minus tonight... regression to the mean, tbh

thOOdee
05-21-2013, 11:45 PM
playing bonner reminds me of playing roulette. you get hot when you go red, and when your up u gotta learn sometimes to just walk away.

Bruno
05-21-2013, 11:50 PM
More Diaw and less Bonner would effectively be a good idea.

therealtruth
05-21-2013, 11:51 PM
I saw shades of choker Bonner in the 4th. He was playing scared. Also Pop overplayed him. Bonner can't play alot of minutes and maintain his effectiveness. Pop overreacted to Diaw's bad offense.

tuncaboylu
05-21-2013, 11:53 PM
He found 2 very open shots in 4th quarter. One of them was 3.20 remaining in 4th quarter and score was 85-78.

It was a very good look, no defender around 1 yard. And he missed. Yes he's a choker, but he makes %75 of that shots. We shouldn't blame Pop, he could make it 10 point game and garbage time the remaining.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2013, 11:59 PM
The Spurs were running a small lineup to try to generate jumpers, and that's all they generated. I wonder when they're going to realize the relationship between those lineups and their sudden inability to hit shots.

crc21209
05-22-2013, 12:02 AM
Yeah Pop clearly gave too many minutes to Bonner tonight. But that was mainly a result of Timmy being in foul trouble so early in the early 3rd and 4th qtrs. But Pop should've gone with Splitter and Diaw instead of Bonner....

jbspurs
05-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Bonner is a consummate front-runner. He cannot deal with adversity or pressure.
Not really a playoff performer. At all.
Of course, we know this already right? Apparently not.
"But-but-but, this year it will be different."

LOL @ Bonner for giving the ball to Manu as quickly as possible which resulted to a turnover. He was clearly scared and wants no part of the ball.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2013, 02:16 AM
Yeah Pop clearly gave too many minutes to Bonner tonight. But that was mainly a result of Timmy being in foul trouble so early in the early 3rd and 4th qtrs. But Pop should've gone with Splitter and Diaw instead of Bonner....

Except that Pop had Duncan and Bonner in the game together, so the logic disappears at that time. Splitter only played 29 minutes not counting overtime.

FkLA
05-22-2013, 02:24 AM
The Red Mamba has been phenomenal this postseason. Give him a break. Pretty sure the only reason he was out there was out of necessity because of Timmys foul trouble.

eric365
05-22-2013, 02:50 AM
Memphis did a great job at avoiding spurs 3pts attempt in the first quarter

Bonner's 3 at the start of the 2nd quarter was the start of everything. You have to give him that

Capt Bringdown
05-22-2013, 03:12 AM
LOL, Hollins talks up Bonner's play after game 1 and Pop can hardly contain himself, gifting minutes to Bonner in game 2.
Out-foxed and out-coached.
Like I said, we're lucky to walk away with the W.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2013, 03:19 AM
LOL, Hollins talks up Bonner's play after game 1 and Pop can hardly contain himself, gifting minutes to Bonner in game 2.
Out-foxed and out-coached.
Like I said, we're lucky to walk away with the W.

Excellent catch. Tell the media how impossible it is to match up with Bonner and watch him get increased minutes. :toast

FkLA
05-22-2013, 03:37 AM
Wow, yall are morons.

Im sure Pop gave extended minutes to Matty Ice because Hollins complimented him. Not because hes been shooting light out these playoffs or because Timmy was in foul trouble. :rolleyes

Capt Bringdown
05-22-2013, 03:46 AM
Excellent catch. Tell the media how impossible it is to match up with Bonner and watch him get increased minutes. :toast

LOL, Hollins the only coach in NBA history to attribute a loss to Matt Bonner and Pop fell for it.
Somewhere Phil Jackson is laughing. Hard.

Spursfanfromafar
05-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Matt Bonner, despite going 1-4 in threes this game, is shooting 13/24 for the playoffs. Thats a great percentage for those who understand playoff pressures.

Going to the series, who would have thought that Bonner would have shot this much after a history of failures in the playoffs? As for his being played too many minutes this game, it was obviously because Duncan got into foul trouble and Diaw's play regressed simutaneously as well. Atleast Bonner was taking his open shots; Diaw was refusing to do his.

I do think Bonner's hitting his shots in Memphis would make it extremely difficult for the Grizz to prevent atleast a split there. Lets hope the percentages continue to play in favour of Bonner as have been happening so far.

SA210
05-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Skip Bayless calling out Pop on First Take. I wonder if was a bc of a couple tweets I sent him last night lol

Of course Stephen A acted like you cannot utter such words of Holy Pop :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
05-22-2013, 09:22 AM
lol

DarrinS
05-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Skip Bayless calling out Pop on First Take. I wonder if was a bc of a couple tweets I sent him last night lol

Of course Stephen A acted like you cannot utter such words of Holy Pop :rolleyes

Who watches that shit? Yick

Capt Bringdown
05-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Matt Bonner, despite going 1-4 in threes this game, is shooting 13/24 for the playoffs. Thats a great percentage for those who understand playoff pressures.

For those who understand Spurs playoff history, faith in Bonner's ability to handle playoff pressures is a fool's errand. Here's to hoping this year will be different, but yeah, know that tune.

SenorSpur
05-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Watching Pop inexplicably overutilize Bonner - especially during crucial 4th quarter minutes = :bang

Poolboy5623
05-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Would be nice to have aron in uniform...that way, no matter what happens to splitter/Duncan, there's always going to be a 7'er protecting the right....but hell, what do I know? I boldly predict Bonner won't hit another 3 again, until the spurs are playing at home.

Spursfanfromafar
05-22-2013, 11:56 AM
For those who understand Spurs playoff history, faith in Bonner's ability to handle playoff pressures is a fool's errand. Here's to hoping this year will be different, but yeah, know that tune.

There is no need to "hope". In 12 games played thus far, Bonner has exceeded expectations for *this playoffs thus far*. He was very good against Lakers, mediocre against the Warriors and thus far between average and good against the Grizzlies in two games.

Acknowledging that is acknowledging reality.