PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Argie is no longer a Spur in my eyes

midnightpulp
05-21-2013, 10:52 PM
I hope he kills himself if the Spurs lose this game (which they will). This dumb motherfucker hasn't learned shit in 7 years. In two plays and in a matter of 10 seconds he pissed away the season.

I don't want to hear any bullshit about the Flagrant foul was a bad call. You don't touch a player in that situation, ever.

Fuck this faggot's past contributions. We probably still win titles without his dumbass.

Fuck him.

DMC
05-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Wow meltdowns are upstairs bro

jeebus
05-21-2013, 10:58 PM
:tu

I would venture upstairs to see if it's copypasta but the forum is in dialup mode imo

m>s
05-21-2013, 11:00 PM
not the faggot argie's fault. instead pop should've subbed him in when they still had 10pts lead, spurs could've closed the game in regular time and it was pop's fault to not make the right substitution at the right time. pop's complacency cost spurs the game if they end up losing

jeebus
05-21-2013, 11:01 PM
in other news, we have a new flop champion that makes Chris Paul look like a Spartan

DMC
05-21-2013, 11:06 PM
I told them it would be hard to swallow all the shit talk about Memphis if they lost to them later. Memphis isn't at our level blah blah blah. The only reason the Spurs are here because key people on other teams got injured. Now our fans act like we're heirs.

midnightpulp
05-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Forget I made this thread.

ElNono
05-21-2013, 11:15 PM
should've saved this one for Game 3, IMO

Hemotivo
05-21-2013, 11:22 PM

FkLA
05-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Shitty call more than anything. Fouling a bad FT shooter in that situation is the right play imo.

Reck
05-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Damn mid, compose yourself.

jag
05-21-2013, 11:26 PM
GNSF attention whoring per par.

Edgy thread title. Edgy OP.

baseline bum
05-21-2013, 11:28 PM
We probably still win titles without his dumbass.

LOL what? When did you start watching the Spurs?

irishock
05-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Pistons win game 7 if Ginobili didn't play, tbh

midnightpulp
05-21-2013, 11:32 PM
should've saved this one for Game 3, IMO

Make no mistake, I'm still highly pissed. And it's going to be funny to see all the "true fans" post in this thread telling me "I have no faith" and that "I don't deserve to root for the Spurs," etc, etc, but I just say the shit everyone would have if the Spurs lost. Guaranteed had the Spurs lost that game, 99.9999% of Spurs fans would've demanded Manu's head on a pike.

It was one of the stupidest plays I've ever seen, compounded by the fact he did the exact same thing in '06. Once is enough, but two times would have been one too many. This is probably the Spurs last chance at a title in the Duncan-era, so for him to give away the game on an unforced error like that would've granted him Bill Buckner levels of unforgiveness.

Manu is very fortunate he was bailed out tonight.

jeebus
05-21-2013, 11:33 PM
I hope he kills himself if the Spurs lose this game (which they will). This dumb motherfucker hasn't learned shit in 7 years. In two plays and in a matter of 10 seconds he pissed away the season.

I don't want to hear any bullshit about the Flagrant foul was a bad call. You don't touch a player in that situation, ever.

Fuck this faggot's past contributions. We probably still win titles without his dumbass.

Fuck him.
gotta save this tho

jag
05-21-2013, 11:36 PM

Dude belongs upstairs. Been that way for a while.

Reck
05-21-2013, 11:37 PM
Make no mistake, I'm still highly pissed. And it's going to be funny to see all the "true fans" post in this thread telling me "I have no faith" and that "I don't deserve to root for the Spurs," etc, etc, but I just say the shit everyone would have if the Spurs lost. Guaranteed had the Spurs lost that game, 99.9999% of Spurs fans would've demanded Manu's head on a pike.

It was one of the stupidest plays I've ever seen, compounded by the fact he did the exact same thing in '06. Once is enough, but two times would have been one too many. This is probably the Spurs last chance at a title in the Duncan-era, so for him to give away the game on an unforced error like that would've granted him Bill Buckner levels of unforgiveness.

People would blame the officiating. With due cause.

The refs totally forgot they had whistles around their neck for the entire fourth quarter. They didn't even look at that "fragrant" replay for more then a few seconds and determined it was such an egregious foul it deserved a fragrant.

Total bullshit.

Manu pisses me the fuck off too but I dont forget what that bald fuck has done for us. I take his shithead plays with a grain of salt.

midnightpulp

I meant we probably still win titles in the "Big 3" era.

Rogue
I told them it would be hard to swallow all the shit talk about Memphis if they lost to them later. Memphis isn't at our level blah blah blah. The only reason the Spurs are here because key people on other teams got injured. Now our fans act like we're heirs.spurs are a different team than 11' and i don't think the grizzlies will replicate what happened in 11 this year, but nor do i expect an easy series for them spurs. grizzlies are a resilient team and the series will turn even tougher when it comes to memphis. upstair spursfans have a habit of oscillating between two extreme moods, and they haven't changed a bit through my 2-yr absence.

ElNono
05-21-2013, 11:40 PM

He had at least 20x more plays that won us games... not worried at all. That was the correct play too, otherwise Pop would burn his ass.

Allen flopped and he'll get fined for it. That's not on Manu.

DAF86
05-21-2013, 11:40 PM
If that old senile fuck we have in the bench would have realized that Tony was fucking gassed at the end of the game and would have ran the offense through Manu this wouldn't have gone to OT.

baseline bum
05-21-2013, 11:41 PM
I meant we probably still win titles in the "Big 3" era.

Really? Which ones? Maybe 03, but even then it was Manu getting a key steal off Dick to start start the fourth quarter comeback in game 6 vs the Nets. And then he was the one setting Jackson up for those open threes. Certainly don't get through Detroit in 05 nor Phoenix in 07 with a merely above average shooting guard in his place. I just talk shit about him to fuck with the Nazi harborers.

midnightpulp
05-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Dude belongs upstairs. Been that way for a while.

Yeah, all is fine and good cause the Spurs won.

Spurs players never deserved to be called out because :cry they've given us so much over the years, especially Manu, with his "big balls" and "giant heart." Go Spurs Go! :cry

If anyone acts like a GNSF, it's you. You essentially treat the Spurs like Lakersground treats Kobe. Unconditional worship.

That ain't my style. Sorry.

100%duncan
05-21-2013, 11:45 PM
:lmao

baseline bum

Spurs players never deserved to be called out because :cry they've given us so much over the years, especially Manu, with his "big balls" and "giant heart." Go Spurs Go! :cry

If anyone acts like a GNSF, it's you. You essentially treat the Spurs like Lakersground treats Kobe. Unconditional worship.

The turnover was horrible, but the foul was the right play. The foul against Nowitzki wasn't because he was going for a block instead of trying to make him earn the two points at the free throw line.

FkLA
Manu fucked up in '06. Refs fucked up today.

Dont see the point in playing the blame game, Red Mamba and Kawhi missed two wide open threes that wouldve sealed the game. MVParker missed a layup and some shots he was knocking down earlier. Shit happens man, its pretty unrealistic to expect the Spurs to hold on to comfortable leads on a very good Grizz team in the WCF...theyre bound to make some runs. Just be glad they pulled it off, two more games imo.

jeebus
05-21-2013, 11:47 PM
upstair spursfans have a habit of oscillating between two extreme moods, and they haven't changed a bit through my 2-yr absence.
did you really expect them to? some people just can't control themselves over a game

midnightpulp
05-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Really? Which ones? Maybe 03, but even then it was Manu getting a key steal off Dick to start start the fourth quarter comeback in game 6 vs the Nets. And then he was the one setting Jackson up for those open threes. Certainly don't get through Detroit in 05 nor Phoenix in 07 with a merely above average shooting guard in his place. I just talk shit about him to fuck with the Nazi harborers.

Who knows?

Thus the qualifier "probably." I do know with certainty that Tim Duncan and the Spurs organization would've been good enough to win a couple of titles had Manu never existed (post '03). My essential point, I guess, is that Duncan is really the only irreplaceable component in that equation.

jag
05-21-2013, 11:51 PM

Yeah, no.

You're just an emo GNSF who constantly changes his opinion of players on a per game basis.

DAF86
05-21-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm the first one to call Manu's brain farts like that Dirk foul and that three he attempted against GS in game 1 of the second round but this time I would have done the same. That may be a flagrant now with this pussified rules but in the good old NBA days (the days Manu spent most of his career) that wasn't a flagrant and it really shouldn't be now either.

baseline bum
05-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Who knows?

Thus the qualifier "probably." I do know with certainty that Tim Duncan and the Spurs organization would've been good enough to win a couple of titles had Manu never existed (post '03). My essential point, I guess, is that Duncan is really the only irreplaceable component in that equation.

Without having Ginobili killing shit overseas they probably panic and overpay Derek Anderson, and are then stuck with a crippling contract like the one they were saddled with after trading for Charles Smith in the late 90s. I agree that Duncan is the only irreplaceable player, but it takes a lot to win a title.

midnightpulp
05-21-2013, 11:55 PM
The turnover was horrible, but the foul was the right play. The foul against Nowitzki wasn't because he was going for a block instead of trying to make him earn the two points at the free throw line.

Why is it the right play?

26 seconds left. Up by 4. Why even risk the chance of a 3 point play happening or the situation that occurred? Manu lets him dunk it, the game likely comes down to freethrows, with the absolute worst case scenario being Memphis has a game tying/winning opportunity with 1-2 seconds left.

If it was a minute left in the game, different story. But I disagree fouling in that situation was the right play because of the different things that can happen, one of which we saw first hand.

HI-FI
05-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Manu fucked up in '06. Refs fucked up today.

Dont see the point in playing the blame game, Red Mamba and Kawhi missed two wide open threes that wouldve sealed the game. MVParker missed a layup and some shots he was knocking down earlier. Shit happens man, its pretty unrealistic to expect the Spurs to hold on to comfortable leads on a very good Grizz team in the WCF...theyre bound to make some runs. Just be glad they pulled it off, two more games imo.
agree with this. i had no problem with the foul, ihad a problem with how the officiating turned in the second half. 26 FTs for a physical team that gets away with a lot while we were stuck with 13 and forced to play pussy ball at times.

btw FkLa you going balls deep on Parker or you still a hater? Parker was great this game, i can't complain other than some typical heroball shit, but he was really amazing today. still, i gotta stay true to my hater side.

midnightpulp
05-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah, no.

You're just an emo GNSF who constantly changes his opinion of players on a per game basis.

Fair enough.

You keep worshiping. And I'll keep "emo-ing."

jag
05-21-2013, 11:59 PM

I got an idea. Why don't you stop making faggot ass emo threads and we won't have to try to forget your faggot ass emo threads.

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2013, 12:00 AM
midnightpulp have to agree with you on this thread

turnoboli is nothing more than a clown interested in sportscenter plays ahead of the teams objective

im done putting up shit with this clown protecting him and propping him up against the french wankers and their frog king parker...

both are 2 piece of shit tbh

DAF86
05-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Question for all of you: Do you think Manu played a bad game? I actually liked how Manu played today but I wanna check if it isn't just my homer side doing the reasoning.

Pelicans78
05-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Shitty call more than anything. Fouling a bad FT shooter in that situation is the right play imo.

Allen's a good FT shooter.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2013, 12:02 AM
Manu got outflopped plain and simple he'll learn and respond. He;s just not used to being outflopped

Technique
05-22-2013, 12:03 AM
It was a good foul, Allen isn't a good FT shooter. So you're left with 2 options. Let them score an easy 2 or prevent the 2 and put pressure on an unrelieable FT shooter.

The fact that he fell down and pretended to be hurt swayed the call to a flagrant, that's what hurt us. Not the foul, the wrong call.

Now if you're going to blame him for turning it over in the first place that's a different story. But the good hard foul was the right move, Allen sold the foul and the officials bought it.

jeebus
Question for all of you: Do you think Manu played a bad game? I actually liked how Manu played today but I wanna check if it isn't just my homer side doing the reasoning.
he played ok, not shitty and not great. definitely not something to meltdown about. spurs got the win, time to rest, focus on the next game, and try to come out of Memphis split 1-1

midnightpulp
I got an idea. Why don't stop making faggot ass emo threads and we won't have to try to forget your faggot ass emo threads.

Dude, why do you even post in my threads?

You're like a fuckin' fanatical Christian defending insults against Jesus (which makes sense I guess given your worship of the Spurs).

Insubstantial emo threads shouldn't even register on your radar, being the awesome BNSF you are, and at most they should garner a chuckle, but you feel compelled to post in them and "tell me a thing or two."

Why?

jag
05-22-2013, 12:04 AM

jag
05-22-2013, 12:05 AM

Fuck him.

jeebus
It was a good foul, Allen isn't a good FT shooter. So you're left with 2 options. Let them score an easy 2 or prevent the 2 and put pressure on an unrelieable FT shooter.

The fact that he fell down and pretended to be hurt swayed the call to a flagrant, that's what hurt us. Not the foul, the wrong call.

Now if you're going to blame him for turning it over in the first place that's a different story. But the good hard foul was the right call, Allen sold the foul and the officials bought it.
it definitely should've been just a regular foul and Manu was right for fouling him, as it's better than giving up a free basket. it's just no one would expect that flopping bitch to writhe on the floor as if he was having a seizure while someone skullfucked his eye sockets

midnightpulp

Much better response than:

"Quit acting like a GNSF and insulting my Spurs. They don't deserve it!"

FkLA
05-22-2013, 12:06 AM
btw FkLa you going balls deep on Parker or you still a hater? Parker was great this game, i can't complain other than some typical heroball shit, but he was really amazing today. still, i gotta stay true to my hater side.

I dont know man, Im confused. Both of us know about his past history but I just want to believe in him and be wrong about him so bad. :cry

HI-FI
05-22-2013, 12:07 AM
for the most part, i was okay with it. Manu is a stubborn motherfucker, sometimes smart, sometimes dumb as shit. but it seems he is slowly realizing he can't do thigns the same and isn't forcing as much. I had no huge complaints.

midnightpulp
What's that now?

5 posts in a GNSF emo thread.

Keep going.

jag
Dude, why do you even post in my threads?

:cry "Just leave me alone!" :cry

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2013, 12:08 AM
spurs need a playmaker on the court, we cant have ginoboli being a playmaker and scorer at the same time when his on the court with fetuses that shoulve been aborted long time ago, dude does stupid shit and bad decision making for his own personal glory....

midnightpulp
05-22-2013, 12:09 AM
:cry "Just leave me alone!" :cry

6 posts now.

:lol "Leave me alone" shtick.

ElNono
05-22-2013, 12:09 AM
26 seconds left. Up by 4. Why even risk the chance of a 3 point play happening or the situation that occurred?

Because in the playoffs you don't give up layups. You foul and make players earn them from the line. If Manu DOESN'T foul, then he has to hear it from Pop for giving up an easy layup.

It was a normal foul. Allen escalating it with major acting and likely an upcoming fine has nothing to do with Gino.

AaronY
05-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Embarrassed for OP

unforeseen
05-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Same shit he pulled against Dirk in Game 7 of the 2006 WCF. Luckily, he got bailed out in OT this time.

AussieFanKurt
05-22-2013, 12:11 AM
:lol what a hilarious thread. Thanks Mid

jag
05-22-2013, 12:11 AM
:cry "I'm going to count your posts till you leave me alone!" :cry

:cry

HI-FI
05-22-2013, 12:13 AM
I dont know man, Im confused. Both of us know about his past history but I just want to believe in him and be wrong about him so bad. :cry

i hear ya. I still don't consider him a true leader, not in the same calibre as Timmy, but he is underrated. Plus i'll always give credit to someone deserving and so I'll gladly eat my words if he keeps playing like this. Still, his heroball will never go away but just have to accept it at this point. But if he makes the smart passes like most of tonight, he's amazing.

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2013, 12:13 AM
When did this Jag-Mid feud begin, tbh?..

DAF86
05-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Tim just said in the press conference that Manu did the right thing and I don't think he was saying it just to not throw Manu on the fire.

AussieFanKurt

Clipper Nation
Mid shitting on _JaG, tbh.... :cry but but Mid's a GNSF for not fellating the Spurs at all times! :cry

ElNono
05-22-2013, 12:16 AM

couple days ago, IIRC... personally sad to watch my niggas going at it... but sometimes you gotta let them vent, IMO

mercos
05-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Manu made the right call, IMO. Even if Allen is a good free throw shooter, you gotta make him earn it rather than just giving it to him. Its not Manu's fault that the refs were horrific in the second half, and still blew that call with the benefit of a replay.

AaronY
05-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Mid shitting on _JaG, tbh.... :cry but but Mid's a GNSF for not fellating the Spurs at all times! :cry
I'm a fan of OP but this thread is pretty fucking bad..not sure how he's winning anything here..already admitted he shouldn't have made it..

Technique
05-22-2013, 12:18 AM
I'm a fan of OP but this thread is pretty fucking bad..not sure how he's winning anything here..already admitted he shouldn't have made it..

:lol

jag
05-22-2013, 12:18 AM

Not a real feud, to be completely and totally 100% honest.

I just can't help but clown on people who change their opinions of players from game to game.

If you hate Tony...cool.

If you hate Manu...cool.

If you hate Ricky Davis....cool.

But you look like a faggot when you jerk someone off for playing well and then start a thread about how they aren't clutch or should die when they don't play well. It's GNSF-esque

jeebus
05-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Mid shitting on _JaG
I'm not seeing it imo. I'm seeing postgame meltdowns, that's all

FkLA
05-22-2013, 12:19 AM
i hear ya. I still don't consider him a true leader, not in the same calibre as Timmy, but he is underrated. Plus i'll always give credit to someone deserving and so I'll gladly eat my words if he keeps playing like this. Still, his heroball will never go away but just have to accept it at this point. But if he makes the smart passes like most of tonight, he's amazing.

Hes no Timmy or prime Manu, but if he plays like he has these two games and leads this team to the Finals Ill give him his props for overcoming his soft choker label. Im pulling for my French nigga tbh.

Had to do with Parker if Im not mistaken. For some reason nothing bothers _Jag more than criticizing Tony, now hes just using any excuse to go at mid. He follows me into my threads for the same reason too but I dont really pay the bitch nigga much attention tbh.

Clipper Nation
05-22-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm not seeing it imo. I'm seeing postgame meltdowns, that's all

Meh, Mid jumped the gun a bit with this thread, but _JaG's :cry you're a GNSF for not sucking every Spurs player off no matter what :cry schtick that he uses in every one of Mid's threads now is pretty lame as a neutral observer, tbh....

Thebesteva
05-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Spurs fans have alot invested in this, understandably so. It would give the organization enormous validation to represent the Western Conference given the nature of this season's expectations from OKC and LAL. So I understand Mid getting emotional over that dumb foul.

jag
For the record:

Manu has special qualities about him that Tony will never have. That being said, 60% of the time Manu is on the court he plays like a retard. The other 40% he does game-winning shit.

midnightpulp
Because in the playoffs you don't give up layups. You foul and make players earn them from the line. If Manu DOESN'T foul, then he has to hear it from Pop for giving up an easy layup.

It was a normal foul. Allen escalating it with major acting and likely an upcoming fine has nothing to do with Gino.

But there's no guarantee a foul stops him from scoring. How many times have we seen a player try to prevent an easy layup/dunk with a foul only for it to turn into an and 1?

Are you sure it's Pop's MO to foul at that point in the game, with 26 seconds left? I'm sure he'll go to bat for Manu and say it was a good foul, but I just think playing the odds by not fouling is the smarter play. Putting a player at the FT line in that situation also risks him making the 1st, missing the second, opposing team gets the offensive rebound and ties the game with a 3.

By not fouling you remove every bit of risk that can happen to you. Why risk it on the chance he misses a FT? Maybe if Allen was Dwight Howard, but he shoots about 80% and was 4-4 in the game.

If this was at the 5 minute mark (or even the 1 minute mark), I totally agree with fouling. But the clock at 26 seconds changes things.

jeebus
05-22-2013, 12:23 AM
Spurs fans have alot invested in this, understandably so. It would give the organization enormous validation to represent the Western Conference given the nature of this season's expectations from OKC and LAL. So I understand Mid getting emotional over that dumb foul.
wasn't a dumb foul. you want to foul someone instead of giving up 2 free points; make them earn it at the line. it was a dumb turnover though..

jag
05-22-2013, 12:26 AM
:lol me "sucking off players"

I regularly shit on players. Even the Golden God himself. Who has spent much of his NBA career playing like a soft pussy.

midnightpulp
05-22-2013, 12:30 AM
Not a real feud, to be completely and totally 100% honest.

I just can't help but clown on people who change their opinions of players from game to game.

If you hate Tony...cool.

If you hate Manu...cool.

If you hate Ricky Davis....cool.

But you look like a faggot when you jerk someone off for playing well and then start a thread about how they aren't clutch or should die when they don't play well. It's GNSF-esque

I don't recall ever gushing over a Manu and Tony performance. Most I'll give them is props for doing what the fuck they are supposed to do.

And yeah, I'm am on game-by-game basis with those two, since their inconsistency has basically wired me to have a "like-hate" thing for them.

And HH, the Mid-Jag feud started with my "Tony Parker is not clutch" thread. _Jag didn't appreciate me insulting his hero like that and has been on my case with his cutting edge "regulation" (like calling me a GNSF) ever since.

midnightpulp
05-22-2013, 12:32 AM
For the record:

Manu has special qualities about him that Tony will never have. That being said, 60% of the time Manu is on the court he plays like a retard. The other 40% he does game-winning shit.

And I call him out appropriately.

Why do you have a problem with this?

Rogue
05-22-2013, 12:34 AM
manu is no longer a spur in your eyes but will always be a spur in the opposing team's heart. guy can brick all shots through 3.5 quarters but he's still the most reliable option when it comes the BIG time. plus it wasn't manus fault that he and tim BOTH were benched during crunch minutes. Pop gave too much trust to his role players and it turned out to be a mistake.

Technique
But there's no guarantee a foul stops him from scoring. How many times have we seen a player try to prevent an easy layup/dunk with a foul only for it to turn into an and 1?

Are you sure it's Pop's MO to foul at that point in the game, with 26 seconds left? I'm sure he'll go to bat for Manu and say it was a good foul, but I just think playing the odds by not fouling is the smarter play. Putting a player at the FT line in that situation also risks him making the 1st, missing the second, opposing team gets the offensive rebound and ties the game with a 3.

By not fouling you remove every bit of risk that can happen to you. Why risk it on the chance he misses a FT? Maybe if Allen was Dwight Howard, but he shoots about 80% and was 4-4 in the game.

If this was at the 5 minute mark (or even the 1 minute mark), I totally agree with fouling. But the clock at 26 seconds changes things.

With that logic, you're at risk to get the inbound pass stolen the following possession and the Grizz hitting a Reggie-esque 3. You can go through the possibilities and probabilities over 100 times. But, what we have are facts. Ginobili didn't allow Allen to make an And 1. Allen flopped. The officials made a bad call.

I'm more upset with Parker the following play, he knew the Grizz had a foul to give yet waited until 5 seconds left in regulation to make a play. Wasted possession.

Robz4000
This thread delivers tbh.

For the record, mid made a shitty post that he shouldn't of, but his legendary trolling of Laker fan gives him a pass.

Jeff Van Gundy
05-22-2013, 12:35 AM

Idk but its entertaining imho fwiw

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2013, 12:38 AM
turnoboli hero mode is disgusting as watching super gary no show

hopefully the spurs FO are smart and dont renew these idiots next season....

jag
05-22-2013, 12:39 AM
And HH, the Mid-Jag feud started with my "Tony Parker is not clutch" thread. _Jag didn't appreciate me insulting his hero like that and has been on my case with his cutting edge "regulation" (like calling me a GNSF) ever since.

If it makes you feel better to think that then ok.

A lot of people here shit on Tony. That's nothing unique. I give FkLA shit because he posts tranny porn, goes to lol UTSA and has some of the most retarded posts on this forum. The fact that he dislikes Tony is just a bonus.

I take shots at you for the reasons I stated above. You blame inconsistency, but Tony has been the most consistent Spurs player for years now.

You waffle back and forth from "giving him props" and absolving him from any past or future blame (after big games/wins), but then start or bump old threads after poor performances. You're in constant meltdown mode and you come off like a bitch. Why wouldn't I clown you and your tired act?

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2013, 12:43 AM

A lot of people here shit on Tony. That's nothing unique. I give FkLA shit because he posts tranny porn, goes to lol UTSA and has some of the most retarded posts on this forum. The fact that he dislikes Tony is just a bonus.

I take shots at you for the reasons I stated above. You blame inconsistency, but Tony has been the most consistent Spurs player for years now.

You waffle back and forth from "giving him props" and absolving him from any past or future blame (after big games/wins), but then start or bump old threads after poor performances. You're in constant meltdown mode and you come off like a bitch. Why wouldn't I clown you and your tired act?

the only consistency ive seen from parker is no show when teams clog the lanes and chuck a bigger player on him, only too see him roll up into fetus position asking the bigger player go ahead and kick my head in

jag
05-22-2013, 12:46 AM
the only consistency ive seen from parker is no show when teams clog the lanes and chuck a bigger player on him, only too see him roll up into fetus position asking the bigger player go ahead and kick my head in

Hey TDMVPDPOY, it's good to see you. Thank you for your contribution. How are things in Australia?

Technique
05-22-2013, 12:47 AM

Hmm? He's guarded by Tony Allen first team all-defensive and a top 3 perimeter defender in the game. And in the paint is the DPOY center in Marc Gasol. Which team do you think is going to guard him any better than they are now?

The reason why he's doing better now is because his teammates are all of the sudden knocking down open looks. All Parker can do when the paint is clogged is give his teammates a good look, and he does that consistently, and makes it look easy.

Brunodf
05-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Pop is the one to blame for this shit, played Bonner/Neal BIG minutes in the 3rd/4th and his stupid small lineup with Diaw/Bonner vs Gasol/Randolph

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Sons this is the shit that will turn the nation against the grizzlies and exposed them as hypocrites

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2013, 12:54 AM
Hmm? He's guarded by Tony Allen first team all-defensive and a top 3 perimeter defender in the game. And in the paint is the DPOY center in Marc Gasol. Which team do you think is going to guard him any better than they are now?

The reason why he's doing better now is because his teammates are all of the sudden knocking down open looks. All Parker can do when the paint is clogged is give his teammates a good look, and he does that consistently, and makes it look easy.

that defense some of you clowns love to boast and gloat out of ur asses, shouting at scrubs who fail to switch cause your hero going under screen or having his ankles broken by easy stutter playground moves

anyway this t hread is about turnoboli, fck the argy fans are protecting this fkn scrub like that other midget of theirs at barca

midnightpulp
05-22-2013, 12:55 AM

You waffle back and forth from "giving him props" and absolving him from any past or future blame (after big games/wins), but then bump or start old threads after poor performances. You're in constant meltdown mode and you come off like a bitch. Why wouldn't I clown you and your tired act?

And in the playoffs?

Last year for example. 16-21 for 34 points in game two.

"Yeah, Tony is finally the superstar we all hoped he'd be. We got this shit!"

Proceeds to shoot 16-41 over the next 3 games, including a 5-14, 5 TO performance in the crucial game 5, which was at home.

I guess my problem is I expect too much from Parker. When he has one of those big games, I start believing he's better than his skill set and expect those kind of performances on the regular. The 22 points on 49% shooting is all fine and good in the regular season and the first two or three games of a playoff series, but I can't recall off the top of my head a transcendent performance from Parker in a game 5, 6, or 7. He almost delivered last year in game 6 against the Thunder, but predictably faded, as usual. And on a team that hasn't had a legit superstar since '07, it's frustrating to be constantly teased like that.

Splits
05-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Allen escalating it with major acting and likely an upcoming fine has nothing to do with Gino.

There will be no fine. Not even a warning.

AaronY
05-22-2013, 01:11 AM
There will be no fine. Not even a warning.
Yeah, that new flopping rule is like biggest joke ever..even if its a fine it will be like 1/2000 of the guys yearly salary..gamechanger..

Bill_Brasky
05-22-2013, 01:14 AM

td4mvp2k
05-22-2013, 01:20 AM

+1 x 10 .... Fn refs did wat they could to give da spurs an L

FkLA
05-22-2013, 01:22 AM
:lol at _Jag trying to act like hes not a huge Parker fanboy.

I dont recall him 'shitting on me' aka following me around regarding shemales, UTSA, or bleeding green white and red...but as soon as I made a thread about Parker struggling vs GS hes been following me around. Everyone has their favorites, personally I have a huge man crush on Manu dont see the point in denying like he does with Parker tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2013, 01:24 AM
that dumb foul is stupid as the foul on dirk in the wcf elimination game 7

just as stupid as his other mistakes in the final 20 seconds last possession to seal a win only to have the idiot with poor handles when dribbling into the defender....

FkLA
05-22-2013, 01:30 AM
And in the playoffs?

Last year for example. 16-21 for 34 points in game two.

"Yeah, Tony is finally the superstar we all hoped he'd be. We got this shit!"

Proceeds to shoot 16-41 over the next 3 games, including a 5-14, 5 TO performance in the crucial game 5, which was at home.

I guess my problem is I expect too much from Parker. When he has one of those big games, I start believing he's better than his skill set and expect those kind of performances on the regular. The 22 points on 49% shooting is all fine and good in the regular season and the first two or three games of a playoff series, but I can't recall off the top of my head a transcendent performance from Parker in a game 5, 6, or 7. He almost delivered last year in game 6 against the Thunder, but predictably faded, as usual. And on a team that hasn't had a legit superstar since '07, it's frustrating to be constantly teased like that.

_Jags auto response to that is something along the lines of fat mexican spurfan only likes Manu because he speaks spanish and hates Parker because he doesnt. Dead serious too tbh. Will be interesting to see what his response will be to you given your hatred of Mexicans and the Spanish language.

midnightpulp
05-22-2013, 01:52 AM
_Jags auto response to that is something along the lines of fat mexican spurfan only likes Manu because he speaks spanish and hates Parker because he doesnt. Dead serious too tbh. Will be interesting to see what his response will be to you given your hatred of Mexicans and the Spanish language.

End of the day, our expectations for Parker are too high, and maybe a bit unfair.

You won't find any championship teams in the modern era with a 6 foot PG as their offensive centerpiece. The Bad Boy Pistons are the closest you'll get, but their suffocating defense covered up many of Isiah's limitations. Small point guards simply aren't capable of carrying the scoring load in addition to all of the other responsibilities they're tasked with (running the offense, ball handling, chasing around the opposing PG etc). It's why Parker always gets gassed at the end of games. Not to mention, a PG's impact on the defensive end can only go so far.

Typically, the PG should be the number 2 or even 3rd scoring option. Even the greatest PG of all-time had that luxury.

AaronY
05-22-2013, 02:24 AM
Magic was really like a Lebron handled the ball all the time at 6'9 got guarded by wings often while Scott and Coop guarded a lot of the point guards..

SpurSwag
05-22-2013, 02:43 AM
god damn dude. I'm not gonna go through the entire thread but just from reading the OP i'm really embarrassed to be a fan of the same team as you. Ginobili has been one of the best players in 2 titles and has put his everything into helping our team win. It boggles my mind that people are part of something as stupid as CoP vs. CoM...they're on our team guys why the fuck aren't we rooting for both!?!? Manu was and still is an integral part of our team, in different ways. Fans like you embarass me

baseline bum
05-22-2013, 02:53 AM
Why is it the right play?

26 seconds left. Up by 4. Why even risk the chance of a 3 point play happening or the situation that occurred? Manu lets him dunk it, the game likely comes down to freethrows, with the absolute worst case scenario being Memphis has a game tying/winning opportunity with 1-2 seconds left.

If it was a minute left in the game, different story. But I disagree fouling in that situation was the right play because of the different things that can happen, one of which we saw first hand.

It was the right play because he fouled him hard enough to stop the shot. Can't really blame Manu for the refs being so stupid as to award a flagrant for an obvious fake on video.

ElNono
05-22-2013, 02:57 AM

It's all opinion, but this isn't about 'Pop MO'... that's what every smart team does in the playoffs unless you have a big lead and a layup doesn't matter. You don't give up easy layups. You foul hard enough to send them to the line and not give them an and1. That's what Manu did: grab the arm with the ball and then let him go once he couldn't pull the shot. It's just another foul, that should've been just that.

HI-FI
05-22-2013, 03:02 AM
Maybe it wasn't the smartest play, but as I said in the game thread, i liked it. They were calling so much ticky tack shit in favor of Memphis, it was a welcome sight to see a nigga thrown to the ground. Funny that it's called a flagrant yet Allen intentionally tripping Parker wasn't. I hope he's at least fined for flopping.

FkLA
05-22-2013, 03:02 AM
End of the day, our expectations for Parker are too high, and maybe a bit unfair.

You won't find any championship teams in the modern era with a 6 foot PG as their offensive centerpiece. The Bad Boy Pistons are the closest you'll get, but their suffocating defense covered up many of Isiah's limitations. Small point guards simply aren't capable of carrying the scoring load in addition to all of the other responsibilities they're tasked with (running the offense, ball handling, chasing around the opposing PG etc). It's why Parker always gets gassed at the end of games. Not to mention, a PG's impact on the defensive end can only go so far.

Typically, the PG should be the number 2 or even 3rd scoring option. Even the greatest PG of all-time had that luxury.

Sometimes I think theyre too high but then again he also plays in arguably the greatest system ever. Sure he has his physical limitations but its not like hes expected to assume a traditional superstar role. He isnt as good as Durant/LBJ sure but he doesnt need to be tbh. San Antonio isnt iso oriented like OKC/Miami are, Tony has to carry a big load but not like the other two guys...not like Timmy did during the 4 down era. Its not that he doesnt dominate like them during the playoffs that bothers me its when he completely disappears. Like you said its frustrating to get teased the way Frenchie teases us, sometimes he looks amazing and then poof hell suddenly disappear.

I think Id be alot easier on him, if lets say he played a consistent series and the other team just happened to be better...when he plays like crap 14 of the final 16 quarters vs OKC or gets outplayed by a young Mike Conley though its kinda hard to not think that theres more he couldve done.

Thebesteva
05-22-2013, 03:04 AM
:lol Midnight, for future references always make threads like this after the game is over.

Legacy
05-22-2013, 03:09 AM

K. I agree.

urunobili
05-22-2013, 09:30 AM

baseline cum with the goods :tu

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 09:39 AM
midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430) have to agree with you on this thread

turnoboli is nothing more than a clown interested in sportscenter plays ahead of the teams objective

im done putting up shit with this clown protecting him and propping him up against the french wankers and their frog king parker...

both are 2 piece of shit tbh

This jackass agrees with you . . . case closed.

midnightpulp
05-22-2013, 09:56 AM

:lol

jag
05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
:lol at _Jag trying to act like hes not a huge Parker fanboy.

I dont recall him 'shitting on me' aka following me around regarding shemales, UTSA, or bleeding green white and red...but as soon as I made a thread about Parker struggling vs GS hes been following me around. Everyone has their favorites, personally I have a huge man crush on Manu dont see the point in denying like he does with Parker tbh.

oh ok

Clipper Nation
05-22-2013, 09:59 AM
You fkn wanker! :lol

Bill_Brasky
05-22-2013, 10:03 AM
God damn Jag was funny in here, "why would I not rip on you for being an emo faggot?" was just asked in such an innocent way :lmao

100%duncan
05-22-2013, 10:06 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

jag
05-22-2013, 10:54 AM

This line of thinking is one reason I've never been able to come down too hard on Parker for his shortcomings. Another reason is that for all his deficiencies, he's spent every offseason improving a part of his game that had already been written off as one of his irremediable weaknesses.

Can't shoot the midrange J: Now it's one of his strengths.
Can only score and isn't able to create for his teammates at a high level: Now he's one of the best passing PGs in the League.
Doesn't have the range to spread the floor: While far from proficient, he's become an effective outside shooter when necessary. (Parker and Manu both shot 35% for 3-pt field goals this season)
Can't beat taller defenders: He found ways to contribute when matched up with 6'7" Klay Thompson.
Can't close out games: he's become arguably the most dependable player in crunch time. For every game he craps the bed in the clutch, there are two or three games where he carries the team in the final minutes.

He's far from perfect, but since coming into the league he's improved his game over the course of his career probably more than any player other than Dwyane Wade. He was gifted with quickness, but since coming into the league in 2001, there have been probably 100 guards who've washed out of the league with just as much quickness. He will never see the floor or understand the game the way Manu does, but more than any other player on the team not named Tim, I think he's gotten the most out of his talent. Even more so than Manu, who has been hampered by injuries.

He'll never be Durant or LBJ, but they will go down as two of the best to ever play. He'll never be as consistent as a prime Duncan, but not many players in league history ever have. He'll have shit performances and lay goose eggs in big games, but all players do. Even Lebron and Durant are no strangers to that. Ultimately, I don't think a guy with Tony's size and skillset should be asked to carry a team to championships. That's the biggest problem. I recognize Tony's flaws but I can respect the work he's put in. And that doesn't change from game to game.

Mugen
05-22-2013, 11:02 AM
:lol mid meltdowns are my favorite tbh.

midnightpulp
05-22-2013, 11:02 AM
This line of thinking is one reason I've never been able to come down too hard on Parker for his shortcomings. Another reason is that for all his deficiencies, he's spent every offseason improving a part of his game that had already been written off as one of his irremediable weaknesses.

Can't shoot the midrange J: Now it's one of his strengths.
Can only score and isn't able to create for his teammates at a high level: Now he's one of the best passing PGs in the League.
Doesn't have the range to spread the floor: While far from proficient, he's become an effective outside shooter when necessary. (Parker and Manu both shot 35% for 3-pt field goals this season)
Can't beat taller defenders: He found ways to contribute when matched up with 6'7" Klay Thompson.
Can't close out games: he's become arguably the most dependable player in crunch time. For every game he craps the bed in the clutch, there are two or three games where he carries the team in the final minutes.

He's far from perfect, but since coming into the league he's improved his game over the course of his career probably more than any player other than Dwyane Wade. He was gifted with quickness, but since coming into the league in 2001, there have been probably 100 guards who've washed out of the league with just as much quickness. He will never see the floor or understand the game the way Manu does, but more than any other player on the team not named Tim, I think he's gotten the most out of his talent. Even more so than Manu, who has been hampered by injuries.

He'll never be Durant or LBJ, but they will go down as two of the best to ever play. He'll never be as consistent as a prime Duncan, but not many players in league history ever have. He'll have shit performances and lay goose eggs in big games, but all players do. Even Lebron and Durant are no strangers to that. Ultimately, I don't think a guy with Tony's size and skillset should be asked to carry a team to championships. That's the biggest problem. I recognize Tony's flaws but I can respect the work he's put in. And that doesn't change from game to game.

And like I told you in another one of my threads, when the playoffs conclude, win or lose, I appreciate every Spur, especially the big three.

Jeff Van Gundy
05-22-2013, 01:01 PM
U pussies. I want to see more fighting:wakeup

sook
05-22-2013, 05:37 PM

:lol :lmao :rofl

DAF86
05-25-2013, 11:01 PM
When the going gets tough you can always count on Manu's huevos. When everybody was playing like scared little bitches he was the one that settled the ship. Player of the game, imho.

HI-FI
05-25-2013, 11:07 PM
When the going gets tough you can always count on Manu's huevos. When everybody was playing like scared little bitches he was the one that settled the ship. Player of the game, imho.

true. though his final 3 brought out some anti-Argentinian feelings tbh. but yeah, his huevos are always needed when Parker starts to shrivel up in crunch time.

100%duncan
05-26-2013, 12:24 AM
:flag:

hater
05-26-2013, 12:26 AM
:lmao OP