PDA

View Full Version : 8 on 5 blantant but go Spurs

Rummpd
05-21-2013, 10:58 PM
BS flagrant with all flop just latest of egarious calls helped gifted Grizz to overtime....Go Spurs

Obstructed_View
05-21-2013, 11:04 PM
The calls were horrendous, but the Spurs once again got jumper-happy in the 4th quarter and had Bonner in the game late. Recipe for disaster.

Rummpd
05-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Agree but with TD had 5 fouls and Diaw Splitter cannot play full minutes in "Pop World"

sammy
05-21-2013, 11:13 PM
They made all of their shots by free throws. The turning point when the bastard refs called the 5th foul on Duncan which helped the come back & the bogus flagrant was ridiculous! Van Gundy was shocked that they called this flagrant.

HI-FI
05-21-2013, 11:13 PM
that was a sickening win, but i'll take it. this should never have been this close, amazing how such a physical team as Grizzlies had a huge advantage in FTs. at least last time I checked it was like 26 FTs to our 13, i'm sure that changed with the intentional fouls at the end.

I'll never understand why the league has the best players and athletes yet hires the most corrupt or incompitent refs. anyways, least we won.

ffadicted
05-21-2013, 11:15 PM
blatant 5on8 tbh

Kidd K
05-21-2013, 11:17 PM
That wasn't the only terrible call, but I completely agree it was 5 on 8 in the 2nd half. Not even excited about the win because Stern's refs are clearly back in business.

John_C
05-21-2013, 11:34 PM
i stopped watching the game early in the 4th thinking that the spurs had it in the bag already, then I followed it up in the net and was shocked to find the game still on and in overtime.

stern will be really pulling out all the stops. he's just gaying too much on lebron. better watch indiana and miami. refs would definitely be at the beck and call of nba head office.

Andthentherewas21
05-22-2013, 12:01 AM
That wasn't the only terrible call, but I completely agree it was 5 on 8 in the 2nd half. Not even excited about the win because Stern's refs are clearly back in business.

This. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but there hasn't been a more striking contrast in the way a playoff game has been called during these playoffs. Almost nothing was being called in the first half and then the 2nd half rolls around and suddenly the whistles start blowing for breathing to close to the grizzlies. Most striking thing is that of all the Bigs for both teams, Zbo comes away with the fewest fouls despite the being the most "physical" of all the bigs from both teams.

50 cent
05-22-2013, 12:02 AM
Horrendous officiating. Pure trash.

Brunodf
05-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Grizzlies were gifted 8-12 FTs from tick tac fouls, that was just ridiculous(on the other end Timmy/Tony were hammered and no calls)

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-22-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm just glad Randolph missed so many of his FTs.

pgardn
05-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Conley touching Green's elbow... Really?

bad stuff throughout

Zac is allowed to put sleeper holds on anyone he lampreys on. I saw an arm bar and a camel-clutch as well.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-22-2013, 12:42 AM
9 fouls called in the first quarter.
8 fouls called in the second quarter.
14 fouls called in the third quarter.
10 fouls called in the fourth quarter.

They changed the way they called the game twice. In the beginning of the second half and then again down the stretch in the 4th.

Rummpd
05-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Winning cures a lot of things but Pop and the rest of the FO should at least send a note about the flop flagrant or throw out some pleas for at least somewhat fair officiating.

I officiate kids and HS basketball and see fouls like Manu's often and have rarely seen a flagrant called for an obvious below the neck grab of the arms by a competent referee or crew, especially when they meet about it to discuss. You are not supposed to judge the fall but the action so maybe he just sold it so very well but it was a crock on top of so much else as far as irregular calls almost as bad as game 6 vs. OKC last year that columists including Skip Bayless wrote about at the time.