PDA

View Full Version : Pause and Appreciate (Tho we shouldn't)

Gino-Step
05-22-2013, 01:35 AM
This is different than being satisfied.... but for a team that's at the latter half (to be generous) of a historic run such as this 15 year stretch, we should pause as fans during this 3 day break to reflect and appreciate being back at the exact same position we were at last year. Up 2-0 in the WCF. Teams usually have a tougher and tougher time climbing back to the same spot after a year like last. That's why it was so devastating last year. And we've done that. It's one of the most impressive of anything the Spurs have done past years.

Sure people will talk about an easy path of Lakers, Warriors, Grizzlies or injuries or things of that nature, but nevertheless, you don't often get another chance. I believe this team will realize this and take hold of the opportunity with a statement Game 3 Win.

Rest up, and get charged for the road to 6 more wins. Go Spurs Go

Dingle Barry
05-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Sure people will talkFuck people.

DJR210
05-22-2013, 01:41 AM
Sure people will talk about an easy path of Lakers, Warriors, Grizzlies

WTF are you smoking? Warriors series was one of most difficult matchups in the last 10 years.

Gino-Step
05-22-2013, 01:48 AM
WTF are you smoking? Warriors series was one of most difficult matchups in the last 10 years.

I'm just saying what the media or haters will point to for not appreciating the Spurs march.

But seriously to be back to 2-0 in WCF with a healthy team is incredible. They are really hungry. Often times people want to come back and prove themselves but that motivation just falters. Incredible focus on behalf of the Spurs to actually make it here.

KaiRMD1
05-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Danny Green realized that he's getting another chance to show up.

DJR210
05-22-2013, 01:54 AM
I'm just saying what the media or haters will point to for not appreciating the Spurs march.

But seriously to be back to 2-0 in WCF with a healthy team is incredible. They are really hungry. Often times people want to come back and prove themselves but that motivation just falters. Incredible focus on behalf of the Spurs to actually make it here.

The only Spurs haters that come to mind as of late have been Jalen Rose, and Bill Simmons. Chris Webber hasn't been included because TNT is done with the NBA this season.

SouthernFried
05-22-2013, 01:54 AM
I like this post.

I've said it before, but it's a great post to say it again. These guys don't have anything to prove. They've already proved it.

I watch them now, and I see Ginobli not moving or being able to make the plays he used to. I see Duncan not moving or doing the things he could do before. (Parker, however...is moving better and doing things much better than he did before, lol.)

And I don't care. I know what they did, I know what they were capable of. I know what they gave San antonio. 4 Championships and the winningest sports franchise in all of sports. I will never be upset at Tim or Manu for not being able to produce what they did a decade ago. I can't be. We were lucky to have them then, and we're lucky we have then now.

They don't have to prove anything to me. They don't have to win anything for me. The only reason I want them to win now...is for themselves. They can do no wrong in my eyes...even when they now miss shots or turn the ball over :)

Because, after 25 yrs of frustration, I would never have dreamed San Antonio would have 4 NBA championships in my lifetime. A bunch of Class guys, that I'm proud to have supported.

Budkin
05-22-2013, 02:15 AM
I love this team. It would be amazing if they could bring it home one more time. Even if they don't I'll still love them.

nadie
05-22-2013, 06:41 AM
I like this post.

I've said it before, but it's a great post to say it again. These guys don't have anything to prove. They've already proved it.

I watch them now, and I see Ginobli not moving or being able to make the plays he used to. I see Duncan not moving or doing the things he could do before. (Parker, however...is moving better and doing things much better than he did before, lol.)

And I don't care. I know what they did, I know what they were capable of. I know what they gave San antonio. 4 Championships and the winningest sports franchise in all of sports. I will never be upset at Tim or Manu for not being able to produce what they did a decade ago. I can't be. We were lucky to have them then, and we're lucky we have then now.

They don't have to prove anything to me. They don't have to win anything for me. The only reason I want them to win now...is for themselves. They can do no wrong in my eyes...even when they now miss shots or turn the ball over :)

Because, after 25 yrs of frustration, I would never have dreamed San Antonio would have 4 NBA championships in my lifetime. A bunch of Class guys, that I'm proud to have supported.

nadie
05-22-2013, 06:43 AM
I agree. They don't have to win (of course it's so much better if they do), I still love them anyway.

Rebounds
05-22-2013, 07:38 AM
I like this post.

Your thoughts mirror how I feel too SouthernFried! Spurs fans are extremely fortunate to have such a great convergence of players and coaching staff arriving smack dab in a little river town and splashing it's mud all over all that nice, shiny NBA history and it's smug attitude of superiority. I love my Spurs, old school, mid-school 90's and millenium versions, love them all!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/andygamezusa/Grizgame2_zpscfb4134b.jpg

mudyez
05-22-2013, 08:31 AM
I like this post.

There is a reason your a blacky and I'm a GNSF! :toast

100%duncan
05-22-2013, 08:36 AM
:tu

Spur|n|Austin
05-22-2013, 08:38 AM
I love this team. It would be amazing if they could bring it home one more time. Even if they don't I'll still love them.

This.

barakz21
05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
I like this post.

My sentiments, exactly. :flag: