PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Kyle Lowry tweets about the flagrant flop

lefty
05-22-2013, 03:09 AM

Thebesteva
05-22-2013, 03:11 AM

It was the most uneccesary theatrics I've seen since this faggot did this

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Camera-to-the-face-slap.gif

mudyez
05-22-2013, 03:52 AM

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Camera-to-the-face-slap.gif

At least Heinze was hit.

...Assuming the camera wasn't like 30 feet away using zoom. :rolleyes

hater
05-22-2013, 04:00 AM

do you know how much a camera on the head hurts?

I'd had broke that shit too

AussieFanKurt
05-22-2013, 04:17 AM
getting called out by lowry... jesus

Thebesteva
05-22-2013, 04:44 AM
Seems as though Tony Allen has been here before. Playoffs last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCxqnyUBEXo

TheRealCB
05-22-2013, 06:02 AM
Allen's reaction was more than idiotic,yes,but is there anyone here that argues whether it was a flagran or not?? Manu grabbed his arm in mid air and "dragged" him down..Shit like that is really dangerous..

urunobili
05-22-2013, 09:26 AM
lol Josh Howard's face swat on Manu while he dunked on him and Dampier on the 2006 regular season (not even called a foul) was 10 times more the flagrant foul this was

Phillip
05-22-2013, 09:35 AM
lol Josh Howard's face swat on Manu while he dunked on him and Dampier on the 2006 regular season (not even called a foul) was 10 times more the flagrant foul this was

i dont recall that foul

but to dismiss this as being basically non-flagrant is asinine. what Manu did was ridiculously dirty. I don't think he did it with any bad intent, but it was an incredibly stupid decision by him, and he is very fortunate that Allen wasn't seriously hurt. It most certainly deserved a flagrant.

Phillip
05-22-2013, 09:36 AM
after getting this called on him, i think allen deserves a pass or two :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQl9hMQbFLY

TheRealCB
05-22-2013, 09:40 AM
^ I hate Durant's flopping as much as the next guy,but he was fouled like 2-3 times before he caught the ball.

But yeah,Allen sees that flopping works,Allen flops himself.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 09:42 AM
i dont recall that foul

but to dismiss this as being basically non-flagrant is asinine. what Manu did was ridiculously dirty. I don't think he did it with any bad intent, but it was an incredibly stupid decision by him, and he is very fortunate that Allen wasn't seriously hurt. It most certainly deserved a flagrant.

He grabbed his arm.

Bill_Brasky
05-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Just so we're clear here, this wasn't called a flagrant:
BaTt6kF0iL4

But this was:
QWbqJFO43Dw

Yep, nothing at all faggoty and inconsistent about that.

TheRealCB
05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
He grabbed his arm and demolished him mid-air.It's a fucking flagrant foul.. Of course the Chandler one is too,it was just a missed call.

Edit:Just look at how flexed Manu's arm is at 00:24.He pulls him with his full force.

Bill_Brasky
05-22-2013, 10:00 AM
He grabbed his arm and demolished him mid-air.It's a fucking flagrant foul.. Of course the Chandler one is too,it was just a missed call.

No it isn't and if you can't see why not I'm not gonna waste time explaining it to you. There was nothing hard about that foul, it was just a huge acting job that the refs still rewarded after review. Still won regardless bitches.

TheRealCB
05-22-2013, 10:03 AM
No it isn't and if you can't see why not I'm not gonna waste time explaining it to you. There was nothing hard about that foul, it was just a huge acting job that the refs still rewarded after review. Still won regardless bitches.

Of course Allen is going to far in order to get the call,but as I said,look at Manu's arm at 00:24... You're not supposed to grab a player mid air,it dangerous man..

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 10:04 AM
lol Josh Howard's face swat on Manu while he dunked on him and Dampier on the 2006 regular season (not even called a foul) was 10 times more the flagrant foul this wasHey Uru, you don't seem to complain when Suarez dives right? only when its convenient for you right?

Bill_Brasky
05-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Of course Allen is going to far in order to get the call,but as I said,look at Manu's arm at 00:24... You're not supposed to grab a player mid air,it dangerous man..

OH MY GOD HE GRABBED HIS ARM IN MID AIR!

It's almost as if it would take some significant force from somebody to stop a guy from going up and getting an easy layup.....

Phillip
05-22-2013, 10:07 AM

lol what a homer

Bill_Brasky
05-22-2013, 10:10 AM
lol what a homer

Am I really being a homer about this?? Honest question bruh, I really think that was a good foul, but I had my doubts and went back and google'd "good playoff foul". Tyson's was one of the first to come up and it was quite a bit harder than Manu's foul and nobody really even noticed it(probably because nobody watched Knicks/Pacers). I really don't think either is a flagrant but in this case either they both are or they both aren't and the refs are being shitty and inconsistent at best about the way they dish those out.

Phillip
05-22-2013, 10:11 AM
BaTt6kF0iL4

But this was:
QWbqJFO43Dw

Yep, nothing at all faggoty and inconsistent about that.

Two completely different fouls.

Stephenson jumped straight into Chandler and initiated contact straight into him. A violent collision was bound to happen.

Manu could have grabbed him by the waist if he really wanted to stop Allen from scoring, or simply let him go like most people would at that point. He went out of his way to create contact, and did it in one of the most dangerous ways possible.

Phillip
05-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Am I really being a homer about this?? Honest question bruh, I really think that was a good foul, but I had my doubts and went back and google'd "good playoff foul". Tyson's was one of the first to come up and it was quite a bit harder than Manu's foul and nobody really even noticed it(probably because nobody watched Knicks/Pacers). I really don't think either is a flagrant but in this case either they both are or they both aren't and the refs are being shitty and inconsistent at best about the way they dish those out.
no inconsistency

just you being a homer

Manu's foul was far more dangerous and stupid

Bill_Brasky
05-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Two completely different fouls.

Stephenson jumped straight into Chandler and initiated contact straight into him. A violent collision was bound to happen.

Manu could have grabbed him by the waist if he really wanted to stop Allen from scoring, or simply let him go like most people would at that point. He went out of his way to create contact, and did it in one of the most dangerous ways possible.

It doesn't matter how the contact was initiated, Chandler didn't make a play on the ball and made a HARD foul to prevent an easy layup on a first half play. Pretty much exactly what Manu did except Manu did it in a crucial stretch of game. Yet one is a flagrant and one is not.

urunobili
05-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Hey Uru, you don't seem to complain when Suarez dives right? only when its convenient for you right?Suarez is out of control. He doesn't dive with Uruguay he's demonized for having swat a ball with his hand at a WC after the refs gave Ghana a non existent foul that put him in that position anyway.. I don't really like Liverpool where he does flop like any other Argie playing in Europe. stop eating English press crap and if you want to talk about Futbol go to our soccer forum...

Bill_Brasky
05-22-2013, 10:17 AM
no inconsistency

just you being a homer

Manu's foul was far more dangerous and stupid

No it wasn't, I completely disagree but sure whatever.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Edit:Just look at how flexed Manu's arm is at 00:24.He pulls him with his full force.

He trying to stop Allen from scoring. Manu's foul was technically a flagrant. It's pretty silly to argue differently, but I've seen hundreds of fouls like that not get called flagrant. Especially when it gives the other team a chance to tie a fucking playoff game in the 4th quarter.

lol Mavericks fans

Phillip
05-22-2013, 10:20 AM
It doesn't matter how the contact was initiated, Chandler didn't make a play on the ball and made a HARD foul to prevent an easy layup on a first half play. Pretty much exactly what Manu did except Manu did it in a crucial stretch of game. Yet one is a flagrant and one is not.
How contact is initiated absolutely matters. Chandlers contact was unavoidable. Manu's was avoidable. Chandler's type of contact happens all the time, with minimal danger to the player. Manu's type of contact is known to be incredibly dangerous.

Bill_Brasky
05-22-2013, 10:20 AM
He trying to stop Allen from scoring. Manu's foul was technically a flagrant. It's pretty silly to argue differently, but I've seen hundreds of fouls like that not get called flagrant. Especially when it gives the other team a chance to tie a fucking playoff game in the 4th quarter.

lol Mavericks fans

If Chandler's isn't, Manu's isn'tPERIOD

Phillip
05-22-2013, 10:21 AM

lol Mavericks fans

:lmao hundreds of fouls of players yanking people down by their arms while going for dunks on a fastbreak

bullcrap

lol homer spurfans

Phillip
05-22-2013, 10:21 AM
except it was

Bill_Brasky
05-22-2013, 10:22 AM
I guess the more you flop the more likely it is to be flagrant, check this one out

OOl637qpwAM

What the fuck?? :lol

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 10:23 AM

No, it was. Manu made no play on the ball. It just shouldn't have been called.

urunobili
05-22-2013, 10:23 AM
i dont recall that foul

Selective fucking memory

Go watch Women's basketball tbh...

U8DdkAN9c4Q

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 10:24 AM
:lmao hundreds of fouls of players yanking people down by their arms while going for dunks on a fastbreak

bullcrap

lol homer spurfans

I'm the only Spurs fan here admitting Manu's foul was a flagrant and I'm a homer? OK, guy . . .

Bill_Brasky
05-22-2013, 10:26 AM
How contact is initiated absolutely matters. Chandlers contact was unavoidable. Manu's was avoidable. Chandler's type of contact happens all the time, with minimal danger to the player. Manu's type of contact is known to be incredibly dangerous.

As evidenced by TA making a nice soft landing before starting his theatrics, right?

Phillip
05-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Selective fucking memory

No, I'm just not obsessive about the past, like you apparently are.

urunobili
05-22-2013, 10:27 AM

:cry so the foul on Allen is on the present or the future :rolleyes

Phillip
05-22-2013, 10:27 AM
:cry:cry:cry:cry

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 10:29 AM

Right. That's why you are so obviously not a butthurt Mavfan and not in this thread fervorously arguing this call on Manu who you clearly do not hate.

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Suarez is out of control. He doesn't dive with Uruguay he's demonized for having swat a ball with his hand at a WC after the refs gave Ghana a non existent foul that put him in that position anyway.. I don't really like Liverpool where he does flop like any other Argie playing in Europe. stop eating English press crap and if you want to talk about Futbol go to our soccer forum...All I was doing was asking why you're here complaining about people faking things when a native of yours is well known figure at the other side, stop eating English bull crap? So Suarez is perceived as a diver just because? It's not a matter of which forum I decide to post this in, I just think its bullshit you're here, Spur fans should just come out and say "Hey, I don't like that flagrant foul because it didn't favor me, but if it favors me I'm all for it"

See that was easy.

Phillip
05-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Right. That's why you are so obviously not a butthurt Mavfan and not in this thread fervorously arguing this call on Manu who you clearly do not hate.

on the contrary, ive said many times on this forum that Manu is one of my favorite players ive ever gotten to watch play, and have given a long list of reasons why.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 10:42 AM
on the contrary, ive said many times on this forum that Manu is one of my favorite players ive ever gotten to watch play, and have given a long list of reasons why.

Oh, you thought I was being sarcastic.

BUMP
05-22-2013, 10:44 AM
after getting this called on him, i think allen deserves a pass or two :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQl9hMQbFLY

:lmao

that's the worst I've ever seen

urunobili
05-22-2013, 10:44 AM
All I was doing was asking why you're here complaining about people faking things when a native of yours is well known figure at the other side, stop eating English bull crap?

You're mixing two things, 1) what does my nationality have to do with Manu's foul on Allen? You polling me about how I feel about it in a non basketball related reference is out of context not only on the thread but on the forum. And BTFW I already answered your poll. 2) where am I complaining about anything?

So Suarez is perceived as a diver just because? It's not a matter of which forum I decide to post this in, I just think its bullshit you're here, Spur fans should just come out and say "Hey, I don't like that flagrant foul because it didn't favor me, but if it favors me I'm all for it"

See that was easy.

Are you saying I cannot be a Spurs fan as I've been since 1995 because I'm from Uruguay or I can't complain about Allen's flop because a Uruguayan I don't defend dives like any other soccer player out there?

Who are you?

Suspect
05-22-2013, 10:46 AM
if the roles were reversed, spurs fan would be crying over manu saying it was a flagrant

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Oh, you thought I was being sarcastic.I don't usually follow people around or bother them twice, but you are a particular kind, so you decided to stop arguing with me because, get this people, he thinks his intellectual level is off the charts, I'm not worthy enough or my brain is not worthy enough to be responded by ohmwreker, the great one, the one who bashes a sport just for the fuck of it, or because he played it once and he just wasn't genetically capable of playing it, who the hell knows.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Who are you?

Apparently, he is an ultra-sensitive fan of the futbol.

Phillip
05-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Oh, you thought I was being sarcastic.
lol nowhere to go

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 10:50 AM
lol nowhere to go

Where are we going? I already agreed it was a flagrant foul.

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 10:51 AM
if the roles were reversed, spurs fan would be crying over manu saying it was a flagrantThank you

TheRealCB
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
No, it was. Manu made no play on the ball. It just shouldn't have been called.

I am not gonna argue with that Brasky guy that thinks grabbing and pulling down a player while he is mid-air is something to laugh at...

But tell me,if you think it technically WAS a flagrant,why shouldn't it be called?

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 11:10 AM
You're mixing two things, 1) what does my nationality have to do with Manu's foul on Allen? You polling me about how I feel about it in a non basketball related reference is out of context not only on the thread but on the forum. And BTFW I already answered your poll. 2) where am I complaining about anything?

Are you saying I cannot be a Spurs fan as I've been since 1995 because I'm from Uruguay or I can't complain about Allen's flop because a Uruguayan I don't defend dives like any other soccer player out there?

Who are you? No No, don't think your nationality has something to do with it, I did not imply that, every nationality has its bad share. Wait so I responded to you out of nowhere? Just because I felt like it? No, you know why you're here, you think the flagrant foul was a bad call, which I agree, but it's so funny to me watching fanbases complain about something because they weren't favored, I just hate the hypocrisy in general.

Yes you can be fan, but whining about something is just further proving you don't take two things for granted, the 2nd one would be that if the foul favored you you'd be coloring rainbows just about now.

Why do you ask who I am? Who are you? Nobody has authority over one other, not me and not you, so please don't view me as your 2nd coming.

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Apparently, he is an ultra-sensitive fan of the futbol.Not really, I just share my opinion just like yours, but other then that opinions vary, I just appreciate quality sports, but you wont see me whining about something that didn't go my away, all I will say is, shit happens.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 11:16 AM
But tell me,if you think it technically WAS a flagrant,why shouldn't it be called?

It is in my non-homer opinion that, Allen's "selling" of the foul (he's a stong guy he did not have to land so awkwardly) and the subsequent acting job, had a lot to do with the refs decision to call. Also, I think questionable calls that provide an opportunity to tie a playoff game in the fourth quarter should be made if the risk of injury is not obvious.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Not really, I just share my opinion just like yours, but other then that opinions vary, I just appreciate quality sports, but you wont see me whining about something that didn't go my away, all I will say is, shit happens.

I'm puzzled by you. Are you mad at me because I made fun of soccer? Which, by the way, is my God given right as an American to do . . . or, do think I'm whining about something? Because I'm not, I'm discussing the thread topic.

TheRealCB
05-22-2013, 11:22 AM
It is in my non-homer opinion that, Allen's "selling" of the foul (he's a stong guy he did not have to land so awkwardly) and the subsequent acting job, had a lot to do with the refs decision to call. Also, I think questionable calls that provide an opportunity to tie a playoff game in the fourth quarter should be made if the risk of injury is not obvious.

I see your point,although if you've ever played basketball you'd know that when you're in the air you are totally vulnerable.So a similarly strong guy can injure you very easily.
Let me also be clear,Allen is overselling it.He is floppingPERIOD.

But wouldn't what you say be an inconsistency in the officiating of games?As in,the exact same foul is a flagrant in the first 43 minutes of the game,but it's a "good hard foul" in the last 5 minutes of the game.That also applies in the playoff/regular season thing..

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 11:33 AM
I see your point,although if you've ever played basketball you'd know that when you're in the air you are totally vulnerable.So a similarly strong guy can injure you very easily.
Let me also be clear,Allen is overselling it.He is floppingPERIOD.

Well, I played basketball my entire life and a high school injury my senior year ended my career. Which is probably for the best because I probably wasn't really good enough to compete at a high level in college . . . However, in this case, Allen was barely off the ground when Manu grabbed his arm and there was no intent to injure. Allen's reaction was more likely to cause an injury than anything Manu did.

But wouldn't what you say be an inconsistency in the officiating of games?As in,the exact same foul is a flagrant in the first 43 minutes of the game,but it's a "good hard foul" in the last 5 minutes of the game.That also applies in the playoff/regular season thing..

Of course it's inconsistent. You don't think regular and post-season games are called differently?

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm puzzled by you. Are you mad at me because I made fun of soccer? Which, by the way, is my God given right as an American to do . . . or, do think I'm whining about something? Because I'm not, I'm discussing the thread topic.Wait did I sound mad? It was not my intention. Well honestly I'm just tired of the usual "Soccer:lol" remarks and I just felt like asking why Football is seen as a no-no thing in America? Nobody says "Basketball:lol" or American "Football:lol", another question would be why do Americans feel the need to have the god given right as to bash Futbol? Why do they feel entitled do bash such a rich sport? I'm aware that Americans dominate the Olympics, that's because their naturals in other sports, and that's good to see, but just because "Soccer" is not viewed the same here in American then in South America or Europe does not give them the right to bash it.

urunobili
05-22-2013, 11:41 AM
No No, don't think your nationality has something to do with it, I did not imply that, every nationality has its bad share. Wait so I responded to you out of nowhere? Just because I felt like it? No, you know why you're here, you think the flagrant foul was a bad call, which I agree, but it's so funny to me watching fanbases complain about something because they weren't favored, I just hate the hypocrisy in general. you forgot to login with your Nazi troll...

Yes you can be fan, but whining about something is just further proving you don't take two things for granted, the 2nd one would be that if the foul favored you you'd be coloring rainbows just about now.Please enlight us with the link to the post where i whined... I just did a comparison with a foul on Ginobili not even called as such and you started attacking me because a dude known for diving comes from my country. Xenophobia that is. From your wordy posts I'm sure you know what it is.

Why do you ask who I am? Who are you? Nobody has authority over one other, not me and not you, so please don't view me as your 2nd coming.I ask who you are based on your line of non sensic out of topic questioning thing that I didn't do to you.

So go back to your books and try to find something relevant to discuss on topic and proving I said anything before accusing me you mr. mod :blah

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Wait did I sound mad?

Yes.

Well honestly I'm just tired of the usual "Soccer:lol" remarks and I just felt like asking why Football is seen as a no-no thing in America? Nobody says "Basketball:lol" or American "Football:lol", another question would be why do Americans feel the need to have the god given right as to bash Futbol? Why do they feel entitled do bash such a rich sport? I'm aware that Americans dominate the Olympics, that's because their naturals in other sports, and that's good to see, but just because "Soccer" is not viewed the same here in American then in South America or Europe does not give them the right to bash it.

Are you for real?

TheRealCB
05-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Well, I played basketball my entire life and a high school injury my senior year ended my career. Which is probably for the best because I probably wasn't really good enough to compete at a high level in college . . . However, in this case, Allen was barely off the ground when Manu grabbed his arm and there was no intent to injure. Allen's reaction was more likely to cause an injury than anything Manu did.

It doesn't matter how high you are,once you're airborne you have very little control of your body.

Of course it's inconsistent. You don't think regular and post-season games are called differently?

Should they be?

Anyway,since we agree that it was both a flagrant and a flop,why do we keep going back and forth?

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Yes.

Are you for real?Dude, just admit that Futbol is often laughed at in America because Americans don't possess the same skill as Europeans or South Americans, isn't that the truth? Try and argue against that, I dare you.

weebo
05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
This league is fucking pussified. End of story. Was it a flagrant or not? Who cares. The Spurs won the game despite all the bullshit.

Clipper Nation
05-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Dude, just admit that Futbol is often laughed at in America because Americans don't possess the same skill as Europeans or South Americans, isn't that the truth? Try and argue against that, I dare you.

No, it's laughed at because it's a soft, pitiful, third-world excuse for a "sport," tbh.....

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 12:01 PM
This league is fucking pussified. End of story. Was it a flagrant or not? Who cares. The Spurs won the game despite all the bullshit.You mean basketball fans are pussified

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 12:01 PM
It doesn't matter how high you are,once you're airborne you have very little control of your body.

It kind of does matter.

Should they be?

No.

Anyway,since we agree that it was both a flagrant and a flop,why do we keep going back and forth?

I don't know. Is that what we're doing? I'm just trying to answer your questions.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 12:03 PM
You mean basketball fans are pussified

This is coming from a guy who has been having weird, sensitive soccer meltdowns all morning . . .

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 12:04 PM
No, it's laughed at because it's a soft, pitiful, third-world excuse for a "sport," tbh.....If you actually knew how to play it you'd think otherwise, do you know how to play? I'm just asking you because I don't want to make assumptions, what the "american football" is to you guys "Futbol" is to the rest of the world, that simple

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 12:06 PM
If you actually knew how to play it you'd think otherwise, do you know how to play? I'm just asking you because I don't want to make assumptions, what the "american football" is to you guys "Futbol" is to the rest of the world, that simple

Is that what is bothering you? That we also have a sport called football that is better and more entertaining in every way possible?

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 12:07 PM
This is coming from a guy who has been having weird, sensitive soccer meltdowns all morning . . .Not meltdowns, just reasonable statements that I think deserve an answer, but you haven't provided any.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Not meltdowns, just reasonable statements that I think deserve an answer, but you haven't provided any.

I don't dig soccer. There's your answer.

lol "reasonable statements"

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Is that what is bothering you? That we also have a sport called football that is better and more entertaining in every way possible? Wait American Football is entertaining? You tackle one guy and and there's a 20 minute time-out and 20 minute commercial breaks? thats fun for you? Okay. I respect your opinion.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Wait American Football is entertaining? You tackle one guy and and there's a 20 minute time-out and 20 minute commercial breaks? thats fun for you? Okay. I respect your opinion.

You're right. Watching a bunch of euro douchebags in shorts and shin pads run around on the grass for 3 hours with a final score of 1-0 is really fun to watch.

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 12:16 PM
I don't dig soccer. There's your answer.

lol "reasonable statements"So questioning why Americans don't dig soccer because they're simply not good enough for it is not a reasonable statement? all you had to say is that you don't "dig" soccer is because soccer does not dig Americans...

Just like I don't "dig" American Football because Mexicans in general aren't good enough for it. That simple.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 12:19 PM
So questioning why Americans don't dig soccer because they're simply not good enough for it is not a reasonable statement? all you had to say is that you don't "dig" soccer is because soccer does not dig Americans...

Just like I don't "dig" American Football because Mexicans in general aren't good enough for it. That simple.

Well, that's true.

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 12:24 PM
You're right. Watching a bunch of euro douchebags in shorts and shin pads run around on the grass for 3 hours with a final score of 1-0 is really fun to watch.I said I respected your opinion because American Football has a massive following and that makes the sport highly entertaining to many people, and I respect that, lets just say that both sports are respectable. Lets leave it at that.

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 12:25 PM

Well, that's true.So America has a Messi?

jeebus
05-22-2013, 12:25 PM
lol soccer. scoreless ties, fake injuries, and everyone just acting like a bunch of 3rd world maggots. how many clips are out there of a random old coach bumping into a pussy soccer player, then said player rolling on the ground as if he just got hit by a sniper. pussy sport imo

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 12:29 PM
So America has a Messi?

Man, you know I'm just fucking with you, right?

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 12:33 PM
lol soccer. scoreless ties, fake injuries, and everyone just acting like a bunch of 3rd world maggots. how many clips are out there of a random old coach bumping into a pussy soccer player, then said player rolling on the ground as if he just got hit by a sniper. pussy sport imoYou'd be surprised how many people say other wise, if you travel to those 3rd or 2nd world countries that's pretty much what you see kids play, they don't play American football, American football has no cult following outside of America like Futbol does, that's just a reality people in here aren't willing to accept.

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Man, you know I'm just fucking with you, right?I knew this as soon as I started arguing with you, I don't know if I'm assuming this but I think you aren't able to accept that Futbol is superior to every sport, I think it hurts you.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 12:44 PM
I knew this as soon as I started arguing with you, I don't know if I'm assuming this but I think you aren't able to accept that Futbol is superior to every sport, I think it hurts you.

I would totally accept it if it were true, but it's not.

Hemotivo
05-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Manu could have grabbed him by the waist if he really wanted to stop Allen from scoring.

That's almost a flagrant 2

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2013, 01:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiU6QN7Vt1U
But this was:
QWbqJFO43Dw

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I would totally accept it if it were true, but it's not.It is, stats tell the whole story. I wouldn't really compare Futbol to any other sport in terms of the sport itself, they're all great in their own ways, what I would compare is the popularity, sadly your Football stands no chance against my Futbol.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
It is, stats tell the whole story. I wouldn't really compare Futbol to any other sport in terms of the sport itself, they're all great in their own ways, what I would compare is the popularity, sadly your Football stands no chance against my Futbol.

:lol @ number of fans=superiority

You watch soccer because there isn't anything else on telemundo. Your assertion that Americans don't like soccer because they are incapable of playing the game is preposterous.

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 01:52 PM
:lol @ number of fans=superiority

You watch soccer because there isn't anything else on telemundo. Your assertion that Americans don't like soccer because they are incapable of playing the game is preposterous.You say I'm the one that makes assumptions, you just made one yourself:lol. I watch the quality Futbol, I'm a daily follower of European teams, let me tell you, the day I see an American play like Messi or any other top player is the day I'll finally say, ohm your right, Americans aren't bad at soccer, the MLS is pretty good, but not quite good enough, I'm comparing your stars with the other nation stars, in which you are so far off, even the one who represents us, Javier Hernandez, is way better then any other star you have. Embarrassing:lol

Splits
05-22-2013, 02:01 PM

Didn't know He cared so much about flopping and losing NBA games.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 02:02 PM
You say I'm the one that makes assumptions, you just made one yourself:lol. I watch the quality Futbol, I'm a daily follower of European teams, let me tell you, the day I see an American play like Messi or any other top player is the day I'll finally say, ohm your right, Americans aren't bad at soccer, the MLS is pretty good, but not quite good enough, I'm comparing your stars with the other nation stars, in which you are so far off, even the one who represents us, Javier Hernandez, is way better then any other star you have. Embarrassing:lol

What? First, comparing the best athlete in soccer to any American soccer player is pointless. Where is the Mexican Jordan? :lol Athletes from soccer countries aren't very good at American sports by comparison either.

You aren't very good at this.

Splits
05-22-2013, 02:03 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/773320119.gif?1369233174

Relevancy
05-22-2013, 02:07 PM
What? First, comparing the best athlete in soccer to any American soccer player is pointless. Where is the Mexican Jordan? :lol Athletes from soccer countries aren't very good at American sports by comparison either.

You aren't very good at this.I think its pretty self-explanatory what I'm doing, I don't mean athletes who can jump higher, or the ones that are physically gifted, I'm comparing players by skill, fundamentals, America has such a long way to catch up to quality players.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 02:33 PM
I think its pretty self-explanatory what I'm doing, I don't mean athletes who can jump higher, or the ones that are physically gifted, I'm comparing players by skill, fundamentals, America has such a long way to catch up to quality players.

So, you are arguing that the ability to play soccer has it's own set of skills and fundamental acuity that Americans do not possess and not that the best American athletes chose to play other sports that are more popular and lucrative in their own country?

You're kidding, right?

jeebus
05-22-2013, 02:37 PM

laugh out loud

superbigtime
05-22-2013, 03:45 PM
No way that was flagrant. Utter bullshit.

hater
05-22-2013, 03:48 PM
So, you are arguing that the ability to play soccer has it's own set of skills and fundamental acuity that Americans do not possess

this is true. USA does not have the soccer pedigree to produce real talent. Soccer meccas like Brazil, Germany and Spain are examples of cultures that produce talent every single year.

It's all about the culture. USA is in the primitive stages of soccer culture. At the same levels of countries like Costa Rica, Venezuela or Japan.

I give you 1 example. Take 5 kids from USA that live and breathe soccer vs. 5 kids in Brazil that play soccer occassionally. I can telly ou the Brazil kids will run circles over the US ones.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 06:01 PM
this is true. USA does not have the soccer pedigree to produce real talent. Soccer meccas like Brazil, Germany and Spain are examples of cultures that produce talent every single year.

It's all about the culture. USA is in the primitive stages of soccer culture. At the same levels of countries like Costa Rica, Venezuela or Japan.

That's not my argument. I realize it's part of the culture. I said almost the same thing on the other thread. However, it's not because Americans are incapable of playing soccer, it's because we are more interested in other sports.

hater
05-22-2013, 06:04 PM
That's not my argument. I realize it's part of the culture. I said almost the same thing on the other thread. However, it's not because Americans are incapable of playing soccer, it's because we are more interested in other sports.

disagree on that. Plenty of americans currently practice soccer all the way to the college age. Which is sufficient. The problem is the level of competition and the level of training. It's very low and basic for men's soccer.

on the other hand look at female US soccer. The level of competition is fairly higher, and that combined with lower level of international female soccer, makes US a dominant force.

ohmwrecker
05-22-2013, 06:44 PM
disagree on that. Plenty of americans currently practice soccer all the way to the college age. Which is sufficient. The problem is the level of competition and the level of training. It's very low and basic for men's soccer.

on the other hand look at female US soccer. The level of competition is fairly higher, and that combined with lower level of international female soccer, makes US a dominant force.

Disagree on what? I don't see how what you're saying contradicts what I said. If there was more interest in soccer in America, the level of competition and training would naturally increase. Girls/women's soccer is successfull because it's suported and girls who want to compete athletically at a high level have fewer options. I'm not saying it's right, but it's true. Boys/men just have more options when it comes to sports in America. Soccer is not going to supplant football, baseball, basketball or, even hockey.

benefactor
05-22-2013, 07:27 PM
:lol

Rogue
05-22-2013, 09:48 PM
you need to play nasty to beat memphis and it doesn't matter if the refs call it a flagrant foul or not. need to make them feel the pain so they will think twice before throwing their at asses at the rim tbh

hater
05-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Disagree on what? I don't see how what you're saying contradicts what I said. If there was more interest in soccer in America, the level of competition and training would naturally increase. Girls/women's soccer is successfull because it's suported and girls who want to compete athletically at a high level have fewer options. I'm not saying it's right, but it's true. Boys/men just have more options when it comes to sports in America. Soccer is not going to supplant football, baseball, basketball or, even hockey.

it has nothing to do with the interest in the sport. plenty of interest, millions in USA practice soccer.

it has everything to do on level of competition and level of training. USA still in diapers.

ffadicted
05-22-2013, 09:59 PM

Ooooh my fucking god I actually fucking lost it lmaolmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

spursncowboys
05-22-2013, 10:21 PM
OH MY GOD HE GRABBED HIS ARM IN MID AIR!

It's almost as if it would take some significant force from somebody to stop a guy from going up and getting an easy layup.....
Steven A Smith had a good take on it today. Going by the rules, it is a flagrant. However it shouldn't be.