PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Backdoor sweep coming up...

ElNono
05-22-2013, 03:36 AM
IMO, they're just following the blueprint to beat us that OKC unleashed upon the world last season.

1) Conley is already better than Westbrook
2) ZBo will take on the superstar-Durant role
3) Bayless will kick it about 12 notches and take on the bearded terrerist role
4) Marc will start going 16-16 to emulate that dude from Kenya.
5) Allen will play the Sefolosha role
6) Kenyon Dooling will do the washeup-up-vet-that-kills-the-Spurs Fisher act
7) We're getting Salvatore/Palmer as head refs for the next two games, plus Joey for Game 5 at the AT&T
8) Bonner will be left alone and will brick everything he throws out there
9) Let Ginobili run ISOs, which guarantee 6+ more possessions for them

In other words, everything is coming together nicely for the Grizzlies...

lefty
05-22-2013, 03:38 AM
"Tony Allen is never gonna hurt his head "

Repeat it 1000 times
Retweet it
Talk about it
And most importantly believe it

Thank you

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2013, 03:39 AM
I'm really wondering if Hollins will do the stupid thing and play pondexter and Bayess more. That's not what got Memphis to where they are and is playing right into the Spurs hands

TE
05-22-2013, 03:40 AM
Lol

Legacy
05-22-2013, 03:41 AM
:cry Timvp was right all along. :cry

hater
05-22-2013, 03:48 AM
timvp with the backdoor goods :cry

Mal
05-22-2013, 03:48 AM
I'm really wondering if Hollins will do the stupid thing and play pondexter and Bayess more. That's not what got Memphis to where they are and is playing right into the Spurs hands

Spurs could go with counterpunch style offensive game. Memphis is the team, which should rely on defense.

AaronY
05-22-2013, 04:06 AM
I'm more wondering if Pops gonna give Bonner 20-30 minutes again..he had a midnightpulpesque overreaction to him actually having a good performance in a meaningful playoff game and played him 29 minutes tonight..a 3 year old could look at the atrocity that is his career playoff stats and realize he shouldn't be depended on in big playoff road game at this point..he will shit the bed something something fierce in Memphis..guarantee he misses every single three there..

AussieFanKurt
05-22-2013, 04:17 AM
too early for reverse jinx

Calispursfan11
05-22-2013, 06:07 AM
Grizzlies message board is going off about the back door sweep tbh. They believe that losing the first two games gives them an advantage.

urunobili
05-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Well the symptoms are EXACTLY the same as last year tbh.

Clipper Nation
05-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Grizzlies message board is going off about the back door sweep tbh. They believe that losing the first two games gives them an advantage.
Grizzliefan also keeps bringing up the first round, as if Pop is going to do exactly what Vinny did and make zero adjustments and refuse to give the most minutes to the most productive players....

baseline bum
05-22-2013, 10:28 AM
El Nono with the Falklands 1982 level capitulation. Pancho Villa is rolling in his grave at this development.

Budkin
05-22-2013, 10:28 AM
:lol

Suspect
05-22-2013, 10:30 AM
spurfan being emo and "cautious" as usual. This series is over for the grizzlies

Grit and Grind
05-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Well in some way it does help

Reck
05-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Grizzliefan also keeps bringing up the first round, as if Pop is going to do exactly what Vinny did and make zero adjustments and refuse to give the most minutes to the most productive players....

Its because ESPN keeps going on about how they were down 2 games to the Clippers and won 4 straight and how Memphis was down to Thunder and won 4 straight.

They're just following what ESPN is force feeding them.

Reck
05-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Well in some way it does help

How if I may ask?

Grit and Grind
05-22-2013, 04:28 PM
How if I may ask?

That run in the 4th gives us some positives and plus I remember 3 jumpers going in and out in the 4th

Reck
05-22-2013, 04:32 PM
That run in the 4th gives us some positives and plus I remember 3 jumpers going in and out in the 4th

But doesn't the fact you loss in OT negates that run? As we know, this game is a game of making runs. Its all about holding on.

I always get a little worried when Spurs have a lead bigger than 10 because I know at some point they'll choke it like no one's business.

td4mvp2k
05-22-2013, 04:34 PM
spurfan being emo and "cautious" as usual. This series is over for the grizzlies

brah... it wuz ova be4 it startd

AaronY
05-22-2013, 04:40 PM
He just gave Bonner 29 minutes and got a -12 out of him..I'm expecting 50 minutes total and a -30 from him in Memphis, dead serious..

Rogue
05-22-2013, 08:38 PM
spurs are in a good position to win the series but they should be aware that the series is not done yet. games will be tough in memphis and it'll be very likely that they lose both games there. then game 5 will be the battle of Yamazaki for both teams and if the spurs lose that one, the broom is imminently coming from backdoor. grizzlies are a resilient team and a 2-0 lead ain't insurmountable, spurs almost lost the game last night even with a 15pt something lead into the 4th quarter, hope pop learned a lesson from that one

Grit and Grind
05-22-2013, 08:39 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/773320119.gif?1369233174

Clipper Nation
05-22-2013, 08:41 PM
He just gave Bonner 29 minutes and got a -12 out of him..I'm expecting 50 minutes total and a -30 from him in Memphis, dead serious..

At least Bonner hasn't been a total failure these playoffs, so giving him minutes isn't that bad of a decision this year..... Vinny started that fucking old bricklaying fossil Chauncey and kept Bledsoe and Willie Green superglued to the bench....

Reck
05-22-2013, 08:42 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/773320119.gif?1369233174

:lol

That frazier douchebag stole the night with that.

Grit and Grind
05-22-2013, 08:44 PM
At least Bonner hasn't been a total failure these playoffs, so giving him minutes isn't that bad of a decision this year..... Vinny started that fucking old bricklaying fossil Chauncey and kept Bledsoe and Willie Green superglued to the bench....

Dude Bledsoe was trash this years playoff

AaronY
05-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Yeah, playing all 12 guys in an elimination game is literally impossible to top..maybe if D'Antoni of Nellie was coaching prime Shaq they might bench him in fourth quarters to go small and play fools goldball but that's only a hypoyhetical

LarryDavid
05-22-2013, 10:16 PM
We were down 18 late in the 3rd and forced overtime.

I'm not out of bourbon.

Even though we didn't win there, we showed we could have.

We made it to the WCF for the first time.

We played OUR game for good stretches this game, that didn't happen game 1.

We only have to win ONCE on the road to steal the series.

We are UNDEFEATED at home in the playoffs.

We had our best winning percentage ever this season.

I'm STILL not out of bourbon.

We didn't win but we do have some MOMENTUM going into Game 3.

Hollins DID make adjustments this game we all thought were needed.

Add in if you want, this series is far from over.