PDA

View Full Version : Fat Gasol's Post Game 2 Demeanor

Calispursfan11
05-22-2013, 06:24 AM
He looked deflated tbh in the press interview. He said some things that made me think the Grizzlies have lost steam and that he in particular had lost hope - that "we don't have the fire power" to score with them and the only way to win is "we have to get stops". He didn't seem to believe they could improve in either area. Very discouraged tbh... I like that. Bodes well.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-22-2013, 06:34 AM
I don't see us responding as poorly to their perimeter second unit next game. I hope the officiating is a bit more consistent. We're the appreciably better team.

Calispursfan11
05-22-2013, 06:41 AM
I don't see us responding as poorly to their perimeter second unit next game. I hope the officiating is a bit more consistent. We're the appreciably better team.

Yeah, officiating was terrible tbh. Importantly too, it looked like the Spurs took their foot off the pedal a bit out of exhaustion. They will likely be able to play close to 48 mins in game three. It will be key for them to jump on the Grizz early and take the crowd out of it. Give them no daylight!

Fireball
05-22-2013, 06:43 AM
After seeing the thread title I instantly remembered the two pictures of a younger Gasol which ESPN showed last night ... he was FAT

Calispursfan11
05-22-2013, 06:45 AM
After seeing the thread title I instantly remembered the two pictures of a younger Gasol which ESPN showed last night ... he was FAT Huge porker tbh. And the ESPN, whichever scrub was calling the game said that due to his weight loss he should be a model for weight loss for the NBA along with Kevin Love, as if they should get a huge Jenny Craig endorsement or something lol.

Calispursfan11
05-22-2013, 06:46 AM
He's still pretty big. I wouldn't consider him lean by any stretch. Hence, the label "Fat Gasol". Hard to be skinnier than his wimpy bro tho. He's about as rail thin as a dude can be.

urunobili
05-22-2013, 08:03 AM
saw it and i thought his demeanor was the one of a confident guy just like Hollins's

Spur|n|Austin
05-22-2013, 09:00 AM
After seeing the thread title I instantly remembered the two pictures of a younger Gasol which ESPN showed last night ... he was FAT

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/04/marc-gasol-high-school-1.jpg

bigfan
05-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Yeah but Id still trade Splitter, Blair and Diaw for him straight up.

capek
05-22-2013, 09:10 AM

At least we know he'll be able to eat his sorrows away when the Spurs knock his bitch team out. Better then suicide. :tu

jehawk81
05-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Lol that pic of fatty by SnA looks like his teammate's about to suck on his titties with a big ol'smile & his tongue sticking out lol

DarrinS
05-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Special Olympics?

WTF with their hands?

Guy on left: Heeehhhhh <drool>

Gasol: Deeerrrrp

DarrinS
05-22-2013, 10:26 AM
And I didn't know Gasol's left hand was from a mannequin.

Spur|n|Austin
05-22-2013, 10:30 AM
:lol :lol

capek
05-22-2013, 10:53 AM
link to his post game interview from game 2? doesn't seem to be posted on the Spurs or Grizz nba pages

Darius McCrary
05-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Randolph looked more defeated, tbh
He knows he's a weak link and it's killing him.

Spursfanfromafar
05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
The buffoons who are calling Gasol fat.

Marc Gasol took rigorous exercises and training regimen to get in shape as he is now. Part of what he did included running long treks of the mountains in Catalonia (recently Abidal did the same thing in order to get back to fitness for Barca).

Marc Gasol is one of the fittest and strongest centers in the league now. Who would have thought he could turn out to be a DPOY player in 2008 when his brother was traded for him?

cd98
05-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Props to Gasol. He really makes a huge impact on defense. No coincidence much of the scoring binges the Spurs had last night happened with him on the bench. After seeing him last night, I get the DPOY nod. Not that Timmy isn't just as worthy, but no doubt it's hard to score on Gasol in the paint.

T Park
05-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Hes IMO the best center in basketball, not even close. That said, he is really Boris Diaw like passive out there and Splitter deserves a lot of credit. Splitter has done an even better job guarding him than I thought he would.

05-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Yeah, Gasol has been really passive. There were a few opportunities for him to score that he inexplicably passed up. Some were open jumpers, others were straight drives to the rim.

capek
05-22-2013, 12:36 PM
The buffoons who are calling Gasol fat.

Marc Gasol took rigorous exercises and training regimen to get in shape as he is now. Part of what he did included running long treks of the mountains in Catalonia (recently Abidal did the same thing in order to get back to fitness for Barca).

Marc Gasol is one of the fittest and strongest centers in the league now. Who would have thought he could turn out to be a DPOY player in 2008 when his brother was traded for him?

:cry You tell 'em buddy! :cry

jehawk81
05-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Is it that time of the month again SpursfanFA? So much butthurt in ur post o_0

Whisky Dog
05-22-2013, 01:11 PM
He looked deflated tbh in the press interview. He said some things that made me think the Grizzlies have lost steam and that he in particular had lost hope - that "we don't have the fire power" to score with them and the only way to win is "we have to get stops". He didn't seem to believe they could improve in either area. Very discouraged tbh... I like that. Bodes well.

When you know the refs tried their best to gift you a game with every 2nd half call going your way and the worst flagrant foul call in history gifting you a shot at OT YET you still lose... you feel pretty defeated

lefty
05-22-2013, 01:14 PM
damn he lost a lot weight

temujin
05-22-2013, 02:23 PM

Steroids work wonders-

hater
05-22-2013, 02:54 PM
dude was exhausted by end of 3rd quarter. at end of the game and OT he just kept giving the ball up. He's not a franchise player IMO. He's close like a prime Pau. But not a guy that will carry a team through playoff series

Kidd K
05-22-2013, 03:08 PM
If I were him I would be elated because of the officiating. Tim Duncan is now in foul trouble at all times even if he just has 1 foul several minutes into the 3rd quarter. He's always 30 seconds away from having to sit down with foul trouble at this point. Plus they know they can get away with fouls all night as long as they aren't too overt with it. NBA wants it to be a longer series, and it will be if the refs officiate the next 2 games like they did in the 2nd half unless the Spurs shoot the lights out and score way over 100 in one of these next 2 games.

Yeah but Id still trade Splitter, Blair and Diaw for him straight up.

Easily, yeah. I would not mind at all if the Spurs' front office went after Marc Gasol when Duncan retired. Hell, even before if it were even possible.

ancestron
05-22-2013, 03:42 PM
he used to be cute

m33p0
05-22-2013, 08:11 PM
the phrase "bring them down to our level" springs to mind.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2013, 08:17 PM
If I were a Grizzlies fan, I'd be far more concerned with Fat Gasol's during game demeanor.