PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen

Horse
05-22-2013, 12:40 PM
More analysts and commentators taking the Spurs winning so personally? It's like they're terrified they may have picked wrong. Everything has been oh remember last year and now memphis has confidence. Not this is a better Spurs team, memphis is not as good as okc last yr. And the only reason the game was close was the worst officiating since game 6 WCF last season.

Slutter McGee
05-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Nope. Honestly didn't notice a thing.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
The whole idea of getting people to make predictions just makes for shitty analysts. They're constantly trying to back up their choice and giving themselves a personal rooting interest. It's stupid.

RD2191
05-22-2013, 01:06 PM
:flag:

Budkin
05-22-2013, 01:47 PM
They want fresh and new... it's the same way everyone hates on the Patriots for always being contenders year after year.

barakz21
05-22-2013, 02:21 PM
They want fresh and new... it's the same way everyone hates on the Patriots for always being contenders year after year.

This. I wonder if I was the only one who saw the similarities between then Pats and Spurs. Yeah, the hoodie can be a bit of a jerk, and Brady's as high profile as can be but they're also pretty similar to how Pop handles the team and interviews, and how TD always gives credit to his teamates.

Splits
05-22-2013, 02:25 PM
http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/akelch/spursgrizz.png

therealtruth
05-22-2013, 09:37 PM
The Spurs just weren't good enough defensively last year. Good defense makes up for fluke shooting and bad officiating.

easjer
05-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Lotta analysts got burned when they jumped on the Spurs love train around the 18-19 win streak mark, started writing gushing articles about how they should have admired them all along, and just how perfect they were, how amazing the system was, how experience outshone youth and the Spurs just kept quietly rolling . . .

. . . and they got hurt when the train derailed just after that and the Spurs dropped 4 in a row to the youthfully exuberant team built on the Spurs blueprints. Folks are gunshy. Whatevs.