PDA

View Full Version : Charles Ramsey burgers for life!

td4mvp2k
05-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Apparently, creating a special hamburger to honor Charles Ramsey was just the beginning.

Now, the hero in the rescue of four kidnap victims held captive on Cleveland's West Side for roughly 10 years will enjoy free burgers for life.

More than a dozen Northeast Ohio restaurants have pledged an offer of a burger anytime Ramsey wants to stop by and dig in. Charles Ramsey will get free McDonald's for a year and gratis burgers from local Ohio restaurants for life.

The burger tribute was inspired by Ramsey, who stopped eating his meal of a Big Mac to intervene and aid the escape of Amanda Berry and her daughter, along with Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight.

Soon afterward, Hodges restaurant, where Ramsey works as a dishwasher, created the Ramsey Burger, a play on a Big Mac.

"It's an 8-ounce burger of Certified Angus Beef, with a secret sauce," says chef-co-owner Chris Hodgson. Initially offered as a weeklong special, the sandwich has been promoted to permanent status on Hodges' menu.

Which got Hodgson's partner, Scott Kuhn of Driftwood Restaurant Group, thinking a bigger tribute was due.

"We want to honor our local hero with local food," said Kuhn, who operates four of the restaurants participating in the offer. "He stopped his meal midway through to help those women. We're now making sure he has other opportunities to go out and fully enjoy his burger."

A single-edition "Chuck Card," good for life, is being stamped in Ramsey's honor. Anytime that Ramsey takes the card into one of the participating restaurants, he'll get a free burger.

"I'm sure some places will give him more -- maybe add fries and a soft drink -- but that will be up to them," Kuhn says.

Ramsey, who has been traveling during a paid leave from his job at Hodges, was not available for comment. The Chuck Card will be formally presented to him when he returns to Cleveland.

http://www.cleveland.com/dining/index.ssf/2013/05/charles_ramsey_who_helped_free.html

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2013, 10:28 AM
its only the small operators chipping in, i dont see mcdonalds being mention or participating...

JudynTX
05-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Free McDonald's for a year is what I heard.