PDA

View Full Version : NBA: My take on the All-NBA teams

racm
05-23-2013, 07:37 PM
First Team:

Chris Paul, G:

Sure, Chris Fall is a more prolific flopper than prime Manu and Tony Allen combined, but let's face it, the guy is a player-coach and is the only reason the Clippers are actually winning... in the regular season.

Kobe Bryant, G:

He didn't deserve it last season. Shooting 43% from the field and 30% from 3 should be in "not even an All-Star" level, tbh. But hey, he's the reason the NBA is global. And this season, he put up better stats, but like in 2007 his team sucked. Don't think he'll be back at this level due to The Achilles, tbh.

LeBron James, F:

Yeah, yeah, reigining MVP and Finals MVP. Yeah, yeah, career highs in rebounding, FG%, and 3P%. LeBron is exciting to watch, but boring to talk about.

Kevin Durant, F:

Durefs might have gotten more FTs than he deserved, but a 50/40/90 season isn't something to laugh about.

Tim Duncan, C:

I'm pretty sure Timmeh is a cyborg. His stats don't really change, only his minutes do.

Second Team:

Russell Westbrook, G:

OKC needs him because he's the only guy who can break down defenses. Sure, he shoots too many pullup jumpers, but his best case is that he becomes a more explosive Parker if he can get a coach who will not hesitate to rein him in. That torn meniscus will take away a bunch of his athleticism, though.

Tony Parker, G:

Ah, Tony. One of four players in the league to average 20+ ppg and >50% FG. You were great.

Carmelo Anthony, F:

Melo got his April streak in to make his team finish strong and look good going into the playoffs... but he chucked his way to a subpar TS% again. At least he got past the first round this time.

Blake Griffin, F:

Monkeyballs too much. Could be a Chris Webber style player if he decided to actually improve his finesse game. Still the best big man in LA.

Marc Gasol, C:

Can't complain about the DPOY much except: you know there's a reason he's 2nd team.

Third Team:

Dwyane Wade, G:

Wade actually had a decent season as Batman. Fast approaching a Scottie Pippen like role, in that we all know he's good enough to be an alpha (remember 2009?) but is also blooming as the second banana to an all-time great.

James Harden, G:

Hey, Sam Presti. Your Big 3 actually all made an All-NBA team in the same season! Too bad The Beard plays for Houston now.

Paul George, F:

I like this kid. Too bad I think Kawhi will surpass him soon. :smokin

David Lee, F:

*insert Amare Stoudemire joke here*

Dwight Howard, C:

Sure, he led the league in rebounding. Sure, he got named to the All-Star team. But he still got owned by a 37 year old T:lolSB

td4mvp2k
05-23-2013, 07:54 PM
David Lee, F:

*insert Amare Stoudemire joke here*

Dwight Howard, C:

Sure, he led the league in rebounding. Sure, he got named to the All-Star team. But he still got owned by a 37 year old T:lolSB
:lol

Rogue
05-23-2013, 10:34 PM
dirk should still make the 2nd or 3rd team imho. the absence of him dragged a legit 4-6th playoff team downright to the lottery zone which says enough of his value to his team. picking david Lee and monkeyball over dirk is hilarious