PDA

View Full Version : Office Stuff

JudynTX
05-24-2013, 08:52 AM
What are some things people SHOULD NOT place in their offices and or cubicles? Let's just say that people would not have to guess twice that I love Panda's. :D Watched a 20/20 episode that showed what people should not have in their office. Pictures were #1. :lol

clambake
05-24-2013, 09:03 AM
bongs

JudynTX
05-24-2013, 09:29 AM
bongs

:lol

DarrinS
05-24-2013, 09:48 AM
What are some things people SHOULD NOT place in their offices and or cubicles? Let's just say that people would not have to guess twice that I love Panda's. :D Watched a 20/20 episode that showed what people should not have in their office. Pictures were #1. :lol

I didn't watch it. What was the reason people shouldn't have pictures?

Spur|n|Austin
05-24-2013, 09:50 AM

Why did it say pictures were #1? I've got a Spurs picture, a pic of my dog, and a pic of my significant other and I.

Top on my list would have to be a radio; put some headphones on like other people if you want to listen to Magic 95.5 all day. Even though it's soft and distant, I can still hear Uncle Kracker or The Beach Boys, and I don't dig it.

JudynTX
05-24-2013, 09:52 AM

They said it means you would rather be at home with them. :lol

mrsmaalox

What's the problem with pictures? Do they mean like personal family pics? It's dumb but I find myself getting annoyed at my doctor's office, where he has the exam rooms covered with his kids' hand drawn artwork. I mean he has stuff up that is from when they were a year old, picked up a crayon for the first time and accidently drew a squiggly line before they ate the crayon :lol

A few weeks ago, I visited my husband's office for the first time in 4 years. It was pretty bad.

JudynTX
Why did it say pictures were #1? I've got a Spurs picture, a pic of my dog, and a pic of my significant other and I.

Top on my list would have to be a radio; put some headphones on like other people if you want to listen to Magic 95.5 all day. Even though it's soft and distant, I can still hear Uncle Kracker or The Beach Boys, and I don't dig it.

I'm picturing Milton from Office Space right here. :lol

blkroadrunners
05-24-2013, 09:55 AM
They say too many pictures in your cubicle or office give hints to your boss or co-workers that you'd rather spend time w/ your loved ones than time at work. Kinda silly if you ask me.

JudynTX
05-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Ok, the pictures were #5, not #1. :lol

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/work-hard-secret-career-killers-19206783

DarrinS
05-24-2013, 10:11 AM
They say too many pictures in your cubicle or office give hints to your boss or co-workers that you'd rather spend time w/ your loved ones than time at work. Kinda silly if you ask me.

Who wouldn't rather be with family than at work?

DarrinS
05-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Ok, the pictures were #5, not #1. :lol

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/work-hard-secret-career-killers-19206783

Lol. Office sin #1 "Working too hard". That wouldn't be seen as a sin where I work.

JudynTX
05-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Lol. Office sin #1 "Working too hard". That wouldn't be seen as a sin where I work.

Do you have the baker and the kiss ass in your office? :lol

Spur|n|Austin
05-24-2013, 10:47 AM
They said it means you would rather be at home with them. :lol

I haven't said this in a while, but DUH :lol

JudynTX
05-24-2013, 10:56 AM
I haven't said this in a while, but DUH :lol

I think I have too many gadgets in my office. :lol I have a miniature pool table near my desk.

gameFACE
05-24-2013, 11:22 AM
There was this woman who worked with us for years who seemed to have half of a GNC store at her desk. Never once exercised. Was a conspiracy theorist extraordinaire. She was always pushing these odd sweetners on us.

Spur|n|Austin
05-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking. *JUST* a moment.

Bill_Brasky
05-24-2013, 12:31 PM

Well i guess we know Darrin doesn't work for the government.

baseline bum
05-24-2013, 01:54 PM
My 1/48 scale Stuka dive-bomber?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Junkers_Ju_87Ds_in_flight_Oct_1943.jpg

Rogue
05-24-2013, 07:53 PM
napkins, tampons, bras etc... all such bitch stuffs, at least bitches should hide those stuffs where you can't see them.

DJR210
05-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Pictures of fat, ugly GF's.

baseline bum
05-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Pictures of fat, ugly GF's.

No pics of Valentine at the office?

DJR210
05-24-2013, 08:48 PM
No pics of Valentine at the office?

The bitch won't take any pic's with clothes on...

Capt Bringdown
05-25-2013, 03:57 AM
Best to remain somewhat of a mystery IMO. Friendly, as the saying goes, but not familiar. You don't go to work to make friends. You don't want to give anyone ammo that they could use against you somehow. And you never know what's going to bite you in the ass.
"Oh, I see in this photo your husband has a pickup. Can you help me move next weekend?"
Keep to yourself. And the added benefit of this kind of posture is that you build an impermeable wall between work and non-work.

baseline bum
05-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Best to remain somewhat of a mystery IMO. Friendly, as the saying goes, but not familiar. You don't go to work to make friends. You don't want to give anyone ammo that they could use against you somehow. And you never know what's going to bite you in the ass.
"Oh, I see in this photo your husband has a pickup. Can you help me move next weekend?"
Keep to yourself. And the added benefit of this kind of posture is that you build an impermeable wall between work and non-work.

Or you could just say no when some asshole asks you to help him move.

leemajors
05-25-2013, 09:38 AM

I've found that if you offer to help everyone move people rarely take you up on it :lol

Capt Bringdown
05-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Or you could forgo decorating your workplace with personal items. I don't need to be reminded of my family and/or personal interests at work, but I guess it's important for some people.

DJR210
05-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Or you could forgo decorating your workplace with personal items. I don't need to be reminded of my family and/or personal interests at work, but I guess it's important for some people.

LOL, this. Work is my escape sometimes.