PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Roy Hibbert credits Tim Duncan for Pacers' success against Miami..

HarlemHeat37
05-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Hibbert talked about his time working with future Hall of Famer Tim Duncan in San Antonio during the offseason.
“He taught me a lot of things, in terms of things I’m not comfortable with,” Hibbert said. “Like turning and facing, shooting off the glass and just working on things that are out of my comfort zone. He took me to dinner, we ate and talked, we chopped it up. He’s a real good guy.”

"Tim is a great guy I can talk to," Hibbert explained. "I met him when I was a kid at an All-Star game when I was a freshman in high school in D.C. and he remembered that time."

"I text him and I ask him how to play different big guys to help me with the little moves to get a little edge on guys," Hibbert said. "So he's just like a little voice in my ear and I keep in touch with him regularly."

"He gives me a scouting report," Hibbert explained. "He's been down that road, playing against all of these guys before, so he knows how to play them."

"Yeah, he tells me to use this foot or use this hand to shield guys off," Hibbert said. "So he tells me the small little things I can do for my game to improve."

“I worked out with Tim Duncan this summer,” Hibbert, who had 19 points and 18 rebounds in the contest, said. ”I model my game after him. Actually, he texts me after every game. I’m appreciative, and he’s somebody that looks out for me.”

“This summer I watched a lot of film and worked out with Tim Duncan for like two or three weeks at a time during the lockout,” Hibbert told SLAM. “I learned a lot from him. I talk with him on like a weekly basis, ask for scouting reports.”

He didn't directly thank Timmy, but Hibbert has said that Duncan has had a profound impact on his progression, and since Hibbert has been Indiana's best player in this series, it's fair to say that Duncan has been the reason the Pacers have a chance to win this series IMO..

hater
05-24-2013, 11:26 PM
It would be profoundly sweet if hibbert meets his mentor in the finals. Too bad it wont happen but it would be truly inspiring. The student vs the master for all d marbles.

It would be some stuff of shaolin legends

HI-FI
05-24-2013, 11:26 PM
this is going to piss off Los Angeles Heat fans.

Stabula
05-24-2013, 11:29 PM
So Hibbert was the one nutting in Amy?

jeebus
05-24-2013, 11:29 PM
It would be profoundly sweet if hibbert meets his mentor in the finals. Too bad it wont happen but it would be truly inspiring. The student vs the master for all d marbles.

It would be some stuff of shaolin legends
the last time something like that happened was last year in the playoffs against the Jizz. fuckin Al Jefferson was just happy to be there and play against his idol even though they got raped :lol

Rogue
05-24-2013, 11:31 PM
your learn more from Mr.fundamentals that all you can ever hope to learn from college or shit :cry. must be a bliss to be tim's teammates tbh

Reck
This guy wants to be a Spurs so bad its obvious.

HI-FI
So Hibbert was the one nutting in Amy?

where is that avatar from? i saw a video of it in some New World Order video on here.

Mugen
05-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Miami's horrible D on him so far has a lot more to do with it than Duncan. His footwork is a lot better but they're letting him get deep touches and leaving Bosh/Birdman on an island against him. He's pretty much had nothing about uncontested 2-3 footers

They need to start fronting and doubling and make Lance Stephenson/Hill beat em to take back control of the series tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2013, 11:33 PM
the last time something like that happened was last year in the playoffs against the Jizz. fuckin Al Jefferson was just happy to be there and play against his idol even though they got raped :lol

dude did jackshit in that series like most of his career

DMC
05-24-2013, 11:34 PM
He didn't directly thank Timmy, but Hibbert has said that Duncan has had a profound impact on his progression, and since Hibbert has been Indiana's best player in this series, it's fair to say that Duncan has been the reason the Pacers have a chance to win this series IMO..

I'd say Duncan is A reason. Hibbert is closer to being THE reason though. As good as Duncan is, Hibbert has to have the potential to get it and he seems to.

Kidd K
05-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Pretty nice of Timmy to help a guy who's not even on his team. Hibbert has really improved a lot over the last 2 seasons. . .though he had talent to begin with.

We all know those tips will stop coming if they get to the Finals though. :lol

Stabula
05-24-2013, 11:38 PM
where is that avatar from? i saw a video of it in some New World Order video on here. It's a still of Rhianna doing the 'rain man' pose in the video for the song Umbrella.

Rogue
05-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Hibert is easily a top5 at this position in the league now, even with DH & Bynum healthy. Cousins is probably as good as him in everything, except a winner's personality, and the rest bigs (McGee, Demonkey etc...) ain't nowhere close. once a monkeyballer acquires duncan's fundamentals, he's gonna be unstoppable tbh

ffadicted
05-24-2013, 11:45 PM
NBA All-Class First Team :whine

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2013, 11:45 PM
i dunno whats hibberts ceiling is, but if pacers run more plays for him down low...he could be something very special even more dominant than howard in this small man era

HI-FI
05-24-2013, 11:46 PM
It's a still of Rhianna doing the 'rain man' pose in the video for the song Umbrella.

that makes sense, the chick looked somewhat black in the video. my knowledge of current pop culture is shit anyways.

crc21209
05-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Pretty nice of him to credit Timmy....:tu Real recognize real..

ezau
05-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Miami's horrible D on him so far has a lot more to do with it than Duncan. His footwork is a lot better but they're letting him get deep touches and leaving Bosh/Birdman on an island against him. He's pretty much had nothing about uncontested 2-3 footers

They need to start fronting and doubling and make Lance Stephenson/Hill beat em to take back control of the series tbh.

The Heat actually fronted him, but the Pacers adjusted by simply rotating the ball to the other side so Hibbert can get an easy pass.

Legacy
05-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Yes, yes... I remember all of this very well. He always credits Duncan as his mentor. Can we like... steal him for ourselves now, like typical Spurs fans want? I'm sure Pop & Timmy could pull a few strings to make it all happen. :p:

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Yes, yes... I remember all of this very well. He always credits Duncan as his mentor. Can we like... steal him for ourselves now, like typical Spurs fans want? I'm sure Pop & Timmy could pull a few strings to make it all happen. :p:

and to think some ppl thought the pacers fucked up by giving him that max contract when he look so raw last season....

SupremeGuy
05-25-2013, 12:24 AM
So uh when is he gonna be a FA?

King Nupe
05-25-2013, 12:29 AM

You aren't the lakers, so no you can't. But you have kawhi tho! Lol

Splits
05-25-2013, 12:42 AM
This article is from last years MIA/IND matchup after Pacers went up 2-1 and lost the next 3

Legacy
05-25-2013, 01:02 AM
So uh when is he gonna be a FA?

:lol

100%duncan
05-25-2013, 01:42 AM
You aren't the lakers, so no you can't. But you have kawhi tho! Lol

Yes, I'm very glad we ain't a 120 million dollar Bust. :lol

Splits
05-25-2013, 01:43 AM
Yes, I'm very glad we ain't a 120 million dollar Bust. :lol

$128 million

unforeseen
05-25-2013, 02:12 AM
$128 million

Does that include the luxury tax?

Drachen
05-25-2013, 08:28 AM
Pretty nice of Timmy to help a guy who's not even on his team. Hibbert has really improved a lot over the last 2 seasons. . .though he had talent to begin with.

We all know those tips will stop coming if they get to the Finals though. :lol

"Hey T-Dawg, I'm going into this series gettin ready to play this guy goes by the name of duncan... What intel do you have on him?"

Drachen
05-25-2013, 08:32 AM
$128 million

damn dude, this gets me every time. Someone posts something like 120 million (which is horrible) and almost every time, the next post corrects to 128 million. I don't know why but it makes me laugh.

No if you include luxury tax, then the figure looks more like a record setting powerball jackpot.

TampaDude
05-25-2013, 09:49 AM
No if you include luxury tax, then the figure looks more like a record setting powerball jackpot.

:lmao

Warlord23
05-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Need to include the estate tax paid by Jim and Jeanie as well as the funeral costs to dispose of Jerry Buss's carcass tbh

Splits
05-25-2013, 10:44 AM

Yes, it does include lux taxes. And that figure will be $200m in 13-14 if they resign Coward and don't amnesty Kobe or Pau.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-metta-world-peace-contract-opt-out-20130326,0,3319094.story

Splits
05-25-2013, 10:52 AM
damn dude, this gets me every time. Someone posts something like 120 million (which is horrible) and almost every time, the next post corrects to 128 million. I don't know why but it makes me laugh.

pretty sure I started that trend a couple months ago after reading that article linked above.

Drachen
05-25-2013, 10:56 AM
pretty sure I started that trend a couple months ago after reading that article linked above.

could be. thanks for the laughs.

JohnnyMax
05-25-2013, 01:26 PM
He took me to dinner

jRzNs0Iicuo

Kidd K
05-25-2013, 03:22 PM
"Hey T-Dawg, I'm going into this series gettin ready to play this guy goes by the name of duncan... What intel do you have on him?"

:lmao

Duncan's reply: Yeah, remember he never goes glass, and never pump fakes the ball so go for those early blocks!