PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

spurjur
07-12-2005, 10:13 AM
I have a dilemma here. I have heard as I am sure most of you have about the report about Antonio Daniels coming back to the SA Spurs. Well, I really don't think it will happen, but the curiosity is killing me. I am really good friends with Antonio's wife and her family. I really haven't spoken to them in like a year maybe less. However, I want to find out if that is really a rumor or legit. I don't have to know, but as a Spurs fan I want to know. What would you guys do? Would you get in contact with them to find out or just wait and see what happens? Give me some legit ideas. :spin :spin :spin :spin

1Parker1
07-12-2005, 10:13 AM
:wtf

Solid D
07-12-2005, 10:15 AM
If you are "really good friends" with Antonio's wife, then just call her and catch up on old times and go from there.

Go on...what are you waiting for?

Why are you still sitting there?

SWC Bonfire
07-12-2005, 10:15 AM
If you really are a good friend, you wouldn't betray the trust of friendship just to post something on a stupid internet board.:tu

pache100
07-12-2005, 10:25 AM
If you really are a good friend, you wouldn't betray the trust of friendship just to post something on a stupid internet board.:tu

I agree with that. Find out for yourself because you want to know and catch up with your old friend. But, don't betray any trusts or confidentialities.

(If she says you can tell us, now, that's different!) :blah

angel_luv
07-12-2005, 10:26 AM
I have a dilemma here. I have heard as I am sure most of you have about the report about Antonio Daniels coming back to the SA Spurs. Well, I really don't think it will happen, but the curiosity is killing me. I am really good friends with Antonio's wife and her family. I really haven't spoken to them in like a year maybe less. However, I want to find out if that is really a rumor or legit. I don't have to know, but as a Spurs fan I want to know. What would you guys do? Would you get in contact with them to find out or just wait and see what happens? Give me some legit ideas. :spin :spin :spin :spin

Only because you asked...

A question for you: How close can you be to Antonio's wife/ family if you have not spoken to them in a year?

If mere curiousity is the best reason you have for calling now, I would forget about it. Even being a close friend to a family does not automatically entitle you to know their business.

My advice is just to lay low and wait for news in the paper like the rest of us. If something happens that Mrs. Daniels wants you to know about, she could always call you.

mookie2001
07-12-2005, 10:29 AM
?

Useruser666
07-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Find out and report back here immediately!

easjer
07-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Shouldn't you be more concerned about the upcoming birth of their child than whether or not he may return to SA (which is highly unlikely given the type of salary he commands and our salary restrictions).

I do know it is possible to be close to friends and be unable to regularly meet or converse with them while still maintaining said closeness and intimacy, but when you live in the same city it is unlikely.

If all you want from this relationship is a piece of gossip (which could be answered by common sense, I should think) then you are using your 'friend' and that's wrong, imo.

spurjur
07-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Well, the last time I talked to someone in the family was in Jan. It had nothing to do with Antonio. I never really have talked to them about their NBA business. I have never asked for tickets or anything like that. I am sure I will get in contact with them some time soon because there is a function coming up where I know I will see someone in the family. I guess if the subject comes up then I will just ask. I just want to know because I am a fan. I was a fan of Antonio when he was here. I just hated the fact he always seem to be on the floor when he drove to the lane. So, him coming back would be cool. We need a stronger point guard on this team to back up Tony.

easjer
07-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Well, there you go then!

SpursChampsIII
07-12-2005, 10:47 AM
I haven't heard any reports of him coming back here...maybe I'm wrong, but was there any bad blood between Antonio and Spurs management when he left?

Pistons < Spurs
07-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Save yourself the bother.....because he is definetly not going to the Spurs.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2005, 10:49 AM
people who are really good friends in my eyes stay in touch within shorter time intervals

pache100
07-12-2005, 10:49 AM
I haven't heard any reports of him coming back here...maybe I'm wrong, but was there any bad blood between Antonio and Spurs management when he left?

Nothing concrete, but I think there was a little friction between him and Pop. He was a little to strong-headed to suit Pop's style. Pop likes people who will listen to him when he is trying to help them. As much as I like Antonio, I think he wanted to be a "star", and that's not what the Spurs are about.

pache100
07-12-2005, 10:51 AM
people who are really good friends in my eyes stay in touch within shorter time intervals

I have many friends that I have not been in contact with for a year or more. I still consider them to be good friends, and when we do get together, we are capable of just picking up where we left of last time we were together; any of the ones I'm thinking of would be here in a heartbeat if I needed them, and vice versa. It comes with maturity, sometimes. We should not judge the quality of others' friendships, IMO.

easjer
07-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Don't know about bad blood, but Antonio uses the Spurs weight rooms and practice facilities regularly throughout the summer and when visiting his family in SA. He's always had access and remains good friends with Timmy D and others.

spurjur
07-12-2005, 10:56 AM
There were reports that he clashed with Pop at times just like there were reports that Malik clashed with Pop. I really don't know what the truth is though. I lost touch when Antonio and his wife got married. I didn't want her to feel like the only reason I wanted to get in touch is because she is now married to an NBA player. Know what I mean? I have talked to her and her family post marriage and it seems the same, but I don't want them to feel like I want something out of our friendship. I know it would be selfish of me to call up out of nowhere because of a rumor, but it was the curiosity in me that was making me wonder. I guess when I see them, which should be soon if it comes up I will know then.