View Full Version : aggie fight song

Pages : [1] 2

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2005, 10:38 AM
good song

not

mookie2001
07-12-2005, 10:46 AM
sit down busdriver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FromWayDowntown
07-12-2005, 10:46 AM
This is an epic thread.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2005, 10:47 AM
but they hug each other when they sing it!

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah and we "hump it" too and we also stand for the entire game, we have a number of cheers referred to as "yells" and it's a tradition to say "howdy" to our fellow Aggies.

Texas "fan" needs to bring some fresh smack for a change. Seriously.

Actually, if any of you mofos can stay until the end of a game, especially a loss, I'd be impressed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2005, 12:27 PM
not

Yeah, I've Been Working on the Railroad is sooooooo much better.

SWC Bonfire
07-12-2005, 12:31 PM
CBF, what was your fight song?

Addendum: FYI, it's the Aggie War Hymn :tu

Ballcox
07-12-2005, 01:05 PM
The most entertaining aspect of the a&m fight song to me is that it is completely focused on UT, it's like some kind of wierd obsession for a&m that they have to have a fight song about UT. I don't get it.

jalbre6
07-12-2005, 01:14 PM
The most entertaining aspect of the a&m fight song to me is that it is completely focused on UT, it's like some kind of wierd obsession for a&m that they have to have a fight song about UT. I don't get it.

Sort of like seeing OU and A&M fans with either upside-down Longhorn stickers or the even funnier "Saw 'Em Off!" stickers on their vehicles.

jalbre6
07-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Yeah and we "hump it" too and we also stand for the entire game, we have a number of cheers referred to as "yells" and it's a tradition to say "howdy" to our fellow Aggies.

Texas "fan" needs to bring some fresh smack for a change. Seriously.

Actually, if any of you mofos can stay until the end of a game, especially a loss, I'd be impressed.

I sat through a 66-3 loss to UCLA at Memorial when we were a top-ten team and proceeded to fall out of the top 25 in 1997...then watched Colorado and Tech clean our clocks in later weeks. I sat through the entire Va Tech loss in New Orleans back in '95 with New Years on Bourbon Street calling. I watched NC State come into town and ruin the '99 season before conference play even started.

Some of us back the Horns with an even greater fervor than we do the Spurs, believe it or not.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Sort of like seeing OU and A&M fans with either upside-down Longhorn stickers or the even funnier "Saw 'Em Off!" stickers on their vehicles.

...or a Texas fan flashing a "Hook 'em" sign while deriding others for being "rednecks."

Get some perspective, please.

Thanks.

jalbre6
07-12-2005, 01:42 PM
...or a Texas fan flashing a "Hook 'em" sign while deriding others for being "rednecks."

Thanks.

Is this enough?

Thanks.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2005, 01:45 PM
LOLOLOL

i know!!!! its like a&m focuses sooo much on UT cuz they're like a little brother who's trying to get up in the world by hanging on your sack

Every year they interview AGGIES and they're all so excited about every UT encounter cuz they look upon it as serious as they did when they were the freakin Junction Boys.....and when we play a&m we're like:

*YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN*

cuz they get owned like the suns when they play us for a really long time now

lol.....LOL!!!!

i stayed till the end of the arkansas loss a while ago, btw

Ballcox
07-12-2005, 01:48 PM

Thanks.

I don't know where you're coming from on that one. Yes, I flash the Hook'em sign plenty when cheering for my team, but I definitely don't go around deriding other people for being rednecks, I just support my team-that's it. As for 'humping' it for your team, I have NEVER left a UT game early. I'm at all the home games with season tickets and watch all road games on tv and have never left or turned off the tv early. Like Jalbre I sat through the 66-3 slaughter against UCLA and have watched countless other UT games where we came out on the losing side. BUT, if you're a fan then you don't do it halfway, it's what I expect out of UT fans and what I would also expect out of a&m, ou, or Tech fans.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2005, 01:50 PM
but ballcox they all hug each other and lock arms and sing a song all game long!!

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Is this enough?

Nope. "Hook 'em" strikes most as being rather redneck-ish. At least most outside of the burnt orange clusterfuck. But whatever makes you feel better, Pot.

Ballcox
07-12-2005, 02:10 PM
but ballcox they all hug each other and lock arms and sing a song all game long!!

I hear ya, I'm definitely not into that whole group hug thing they like to do, it's a little bit scary if you ask me. What I don't get is this continual inferiority complex that a&m has regarding UT. You ags have to understand, we don't really even consider you that big a rival in most/all sports, we have OWNED you for years and years in any sport you can name, that's a fact. For me as a UT fan, my biggest concern is that game against ou in October, then playing them in basketball later in the year. a&m just doesn't represent that big of a challenge in most sports these days.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2005, 02:16 PM
I hear ya, I'm definitely not into that whole group hug thing they like to do, it's a little bit scary if you ask me. What I don't get is this continual inferiority complex that a&m has regarding UT. You ags have to understand, we don't really even consider you that big a rival in most/all sports, we have OWNED you for years and years in any sport you can name, that's a fact. For me as a UT fan, my biggest concern is that game against ou in October, then playing them in basketball later in the year. a&m just doesn't represent that big of a challenge in most sports these days.

*tips his hat* well said ballcox well said.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 02:18 PM

Why is A&M 13-12 against UT in football since 1980? That's a 25 year span.

Frankly, the only reason I give a damn about any of this is because of the volume of silly smack I hear from UT "fans", the majority of whom I have found didn't even go to UT. I think any inferiority complex begins with having to latch on to the athletic program of a school that you couldn't get into.

jalbre6
07-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Nope. "Hook 'em" strikes most as being rather redneck-ish. At least most outside of the burnt orange clusterfuck. But whatever makes you feel better, Pot.

And "Gig 'Em" sounds so much more refined, ya know. :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Never said it was.

Ballcox
07-12-2005, 02:40 PM

Frankly, the only reason I give a damn about any of this is because of the volume of silly smack I hear from UT "fans", the majority of whom I have found didn't even go to UT. I think any inferiority complex begins with having to latch on to the athletic program of a school that you couldn't get into.

The series history of W/L with UT/a&m leans heavily to UT's side, including the last five years in a row. It also applies to conference championships not only in football, but other sports as well. And are you telling me that there aren't plenty of a&m homers out there who support a&m but didn't go to school there? Give me a freakin' break. As for myself, I did go to UT and actually graduated from there, but I have friends to this day who are die hard UT fans and didn't graduate from UT. Who gives a crap? Support your team regardless and accept the fact that a&m plays second fiddle to UT in athletics and academics.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Here's the way to look at it, outside of the southwest, one group of people 'getting their guns up' with Zorro as their mascot, another with a covered wagon rolling down the field, yet another 'humping it' and doing "yells" and finally one yelling "Hook 'em" with a steer as their mascot all look like a bunch of rednecks.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 02:47 PM
The series history of W/L with UT/a&m leans heavily to UT's side, including the last five years in a row.

Yeah, include the 19th century and the last 5 years but ignore all else. I get it.

Of course, we're supposed to ignore the last 5 year when it comes to OU v. UT.

It also applies to conference championships not only in football, but other sports as well. And are you telling me that there aren't plenty of a&m homers out there who support a&m but didn't go to school there? Give me a freakin' break. As for myself, I did go to UT and actually graduated from there, but I have friends to this day who are die hard UT fans and didn't graduate from UT. Who gives a crap?

Well, when some idiot who couldn't get into the school he/she 'supports' and opts to disparage my undergrad alma mater, I can't help but find that a bit tiring.

Support your team regardless and accept the fact that a&m plays second fiddle to UT in athletics and academics.

Doesn't make your dick bigger but if claiming that makes you feel better, more power to you.

Ballcox
07-12-2005, 02:51 PM
^ It doesn't have anything to do with dick size, it's a statement of fact. UT has more conference and national championships combined in all sports than a&m, period. Does that make my dick bigger? No. Does it mean that UT has been more successful than a&m in athletics? Yes.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Good for you. That and $1.84 will get you a grande coffee at Starbuck's.

Ballcox
07-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Typical aggie response ^, when confronted with hard facts about history of athletic performance the aggie goes to the standard evasive answer technique, real original. But thanks for the offer on the coffe, maybe it'll keep me up a little longer while I try not to fall asleep reading your tired/repetitive responses. Thanks!

jalbre6
07-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Here's the way to look at it, outside of the southwest, one group of people 'getting their guns up' with Zorro as their mascot, another with a covered wagon rolling down the field, yet another 'humping it' and doing "yells" and finally one yelling "Hook 'em" with a steer as their mascot all look like a bunch of rednecks.

And in the Southeast, there's Uga the bulldog, Rocky the blue tick hound, the ridiculous Auburn "War Eagle" that actually has a tiger mascot, the RV towns that sprout up at 'Bama games, the world's largest outdoor cocktail party, cabooses tailgating in South Carolina, the Swamp, our neighbors to the northeast "callin' the Hogs", and the drunken Bayou Bengals of Baton Rouge.

Whiskey Tango.

jalbre6
07-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Oh yeah, and fuck Arkansas. I dislike them more than OU and Tech combined. Thanks for breaking up the SWC, you Razorback sister-fuckers.

:lol

SWC Bonfire
07-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Ballcox, do you wish to elaborate in the academic gap, or is that just pompous bluster like your other statements?

FYI, for those who don't know, Texas A&M was the first public institution of higher learning in the state of Texas (as a agricultural & mechanical branch of a larger university system), but was poorly funded from the start. The revised startup of the university of Texas in Austin later increased the funding gap. Funding became so bad, the school was almost re-absorbed by the university of Texas system in the late 1800's by legislators who wanted to do away with the school. If not for the contributions of its former students (in particular Gen. Cushing, who also donated the largest private collection of technical texts in the world at the time), the Agricultural & Mechanical College of Texas would have been no more.

That is THE source of the animosity between Texas A&M and t.u., lowercase & backwards because A&M was the true first University of Texas.

SWC Bonfire
07-12-2005, 03:29 PM
http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/TT/kct8.html

T-sip handbook account of the formation of Texas A&M, lest you think it untrue.

Ballcox
07-12-2005, 03:38 PM
^ are you just oblivious to my prior statements? Pompous bluster, are we in some kind of Gone with the Wind movie or something? It is a FACT, repeat a FACT that UT has a more successful athletic history than a&m, it isn't pompous bluster, it's just the way things are. I also didn't make any mention about UT being the first school in Texas, you came up with that on your own. Now, I'm not denying that a&m has a strong academic reputation, they do. But I would venture to say that UT's academic reputation is at minimum on par with a&m, and in my personal opinion even better at the graduate and doctoral level. Que old time cinematic music.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Typical aggie response ^, when confronted with hard facts about history of athletic performance the aggie goes to the standard evasive answer technique, real original. But thanks for the offer on the coffe, maybe it'll keep me up a little longer while I try not to fall asleep reading your tired/repetitive responses. Thanks!

Hey, don't get any on the rest of us when you stroke that great ego of yours, horn fan.

SWC Bonfire
07-12-2005, 03:56 PM

Explanation of your earlier comment, and a story that even most casual A&M fans are not aware of.

Now you get it.

I personally attended A&M because of the reputation of their mechanical engineering dept. and shunned an inquiry to play ball for a Mr. Makovic, among others. A&M had a fella by the name of Sam Adams playing defensive line, they didn't recruit any linemen that year, and that pretty much ended my football career. I didn't try to walk on while taking engineering classes, but I don't regret my decision to stick with what was an exemplary academic program.

Gig 'em:tu

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 03:57 PM
^ are you just oblivious to my prior statements? Pompous bluster, are we in some kind of Gone with the Wind movie or something? It is a FACT, repeat a FACT that UT has a more successful athletic history than a&m, it isn't pompous bluster, it's just the way things are. I also didn't make any mention about UT being the first school in Texas, you came up with that on your own. Now, I'm not denying that a&m has a strong academic reputation, they do. But I would venture to say that UT's academic reputation is at minimum on par with a&m, and in my personal opinion even better at the graduate and doctoral level. Que old time cinematic music.

Thanks to the 2/3rd, 1/3rd split that wasn't too difficult.

Ballcox
07-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Can I bang my head up against the door any longer? Ego doesn't have anything to with fact, UT has a more successful athletic history than a&m. How that contributes to my ego I have no idea, I also don't need to really rely on UT's athletic success to enhance my ego at all. To me the facts speak for themselves, but if you want to keep referring to the 'ego' of UT fans, go ahead.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Personally, I got into both schools for undergrad and opted for the one farther away from home. Also, I had the opportunity to meet a couple of older alumni (Classes of '33 & '40) when I was making my decision as a high school senior. The older gentleman told me point blank that both were fine institutions and a young man could'nt go wrong with either. That made quite an impression on me, as he could've easily opted to be a cheeleader for his alma mater.

In addition, I got into both, despite the inferior education the resident ego stroker believes I received, for grad school. Proximity to San Antonio was the deciding factor above all else. I certainly didn't make a decision on either undergrad or grad based upon the athletic programs of the universities I considered.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Can I bang my head up against the door any longer? Ego doesn't have anything to with fact, UT has a more successful athletic history than a&m. How that contributes to my ego I have no idea, I also don't need to really rely on UT's athletic success to enhance my ego at all. To me the facts speak for themselves, but if you want to keep referring to the 'ego' of UT fans, go ahead.

Oh yes, no ego you exhibit.

Personally I do not care that you are 'banging' parts of your body.

Ballcox
07-12-2005, 04:10 PM
You're all heart buddy, all heart. I still don't get the ego thing, but at this point it's obvious you're not changing your view/perception of my comments, fair enough.

AgSnake361
07-12-2005, 04:11 PM
What I don't get is this continual inferiority complex that a&m has regarding UT. You ags have to understand, we don't really even consider you that big a rival in most/all sports, we have OWNED you for years and years in any sport you can name, that's a fact. For me as a UT fan, my biggest concern is that game against ou in October, then playing them in basketball later in the year. a&m just doesn't represent that big of a challenge in most sports these days.

Here's the deal bud. I'm pretty sure that I speak for my fellow Former Students of Texas A&M when I say that never in my life have I felt an inferiority complex to UT. UT has a great athletic department, that is true, one that I'd like A&M to have, but at the end of the day being an Aggie means more to me then how our sports teams perform. This may be hard for those of y'all that didn't attend "the university" and are t-shirt Longhorns to understand, but it's true. Bonfire, Muster, Silver Taps, the Aggie Network, Midnight Yell Practice, the Corps, Northside vs. Southside, "pulling out", class sets, THAT is what being an Aggie is all about and as far as I'm concerned A&M has the market cornered in Texas on tradition. For those of us who walked the campus in College Station for 4 or more years to earn our degrees and experienced these things first hand, its hilarious that some people who've never sniffed Austin would attach themselves to that other school in Austin.

I'm not getting down on UT grads. Most of my best friends from HS went to UT and we stayed friends throughout college. But I've said it before to my uncle, a die-hard Husker who gave it to me and my dad after we got stomped in our first Big XII championship game. I mentioned all those things and said, I'd rather be a Texas Aggie on the worst day, then a Husker or a sip on the best. Nov. 19, 1999 and Nov. 26, 1999 were 2 examples of that.

FromWayDowntown
07-12-2005, 04:12 PM
I certainly didn't make a decision on either undergrad or grad based upon the athletic programs of the universities I considered.

I'm shocked that you haven't been castigated for making your academic choices on such, uh, pragmatic grounds.

The "fans" of university athletic programs aren't likely to understand that kind of decision making.

SWC Bonfire
07-12-2005, 04:20 PM
...I'd rather be a Texas Aggie on the worst day, then a Husker or a sip on the best. Nov. 19, 1999 and Nov. 26, 1999 were 2 examples of that.

I had been working in Scotland for several months & just walked off the plane in Houston on Nov. 19, 1999 when I found out.

I had to go to California the next day. Nov. 26 was a special day for me, even though I wasn't there.

Ballcox
07-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Here's the deal bud. I'm pretty sure that I speak for my fellow Former Students of Texas A&M when I say that never in my life have I felt an inferiority complex to UT. UT has a great athletic department, that is true, one that I'd like A&M to have, but at the end of the day being an Aggie means more to me then how our sports teams perform. This may be hard for those of y'all that didn't attend "the university" and are t-shirt Longhorns to understand, but it's true. Bonfire, Muster, Silver Taps, the Aggie Network, Midnight Yell Practice, the Corps, Northside vs. Southside, "pulling out", class sets, THAT is what being an Aggie is all about and as far as I'm concerned A&M has the market cornered in Texas on tradition. For those of us who walked the campus in College Station for 4 or more years to earn our degrees and experienced these things first hand, its hilarious that some people who've never sniffed Austin would attach themselves to that other school in Austin.

I'm not getting down on UT grads. Most of my best friends from HS went to UT and we stayed friends throughout college. But I've said it before to my uncle, a die-hard Husker who gave it to me and my dad after we got stomped in our first Big XII championship game. I mentioned all those things and said, I'd rather be a Texas Aggie on the worst day, then a Husker or a sip on the best. Nov. 19, 1999 and Nov. 26, 1999 were 2 examples of that.

That might be your take, but I can't count how many a&m grads I've run into who are completely obsessed with UT and how many times they've beat us in this sport and that sport, etc. And God help us when a&m actually does have some kind of winning streak against UT in any sport, I never hear the end of it. For me personally, it is a rilvary game, and one that I like to see UT win as much as possible. But when we do win I don't keep harping on it over and over again. I haven't attended a&m, so no, I don't get all the traditions and history that go on there. From my perspective as a UT fan/graduate, there is a reason it's called THE University Of Texas, it implies one singular entity as the school of Texas, as a UT fan and graduate that's the way I look at it. Until you've been to the UT Tower and seen that sucker lighted up with burnt orange and the #1 on all sides after winning a national championship, you just haven't lived in my opinion.

SWC Bonfire
07-12-2005, 04:42 PM
...Until you've been to the UT Tower and seen that sucker lighted up with burnt orange and the #1 on all sides after winning a national championship, you just haven't lived in my opinion.

Whatever floats your boat. Maybe you could incorporate that into the Texas Fight lyrics somehow...:lol (for Ags it's "Texas Bite")

Until you've been in a foriegn country, far from home and friendly faces, and someone walks up with a worn gold ring on the hand they extend to shake yours with and says, "Howdy!", you just haven't lived in my opinion.:tu

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Until you've been to the UT Tower and seen that sucker lighted up with burnt orange and the #1 on all sides after winning a national championship, you just haven't lived in my opinion.

Been there, done that. Didn't really do much for me.

It's amazing how many UT "fans" feel the need to express their superiority vis a vis A&M.

Ballcox
07-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah, here I am the one guy continuing this debate and all of these UT fans are just putting their two cents in right along with me.................wait, there hasn't been any other UT fans saying anything for a while now. It's only been a&m fans ganging up to repeatedly point out how UT fans are all about ego and proving how we good we are, and that we're 'better' than a&m. Huh, looks like you guys working together pretty much proved my original point about a&m and your need to 'prove' yourselves to UT fans. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck..................well you guys graduated from a top notch institution, you can probably fill in the rest. Hook'em!

SWC Bonfire
07-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah, here I am the one guy continuing this debate and all of these UT fans are just putting their two cents in right along with me.................wait, there hasn't been any other UT fans saying anything for a while now. It's only been a&m fans ganging up to repeatedly point out how UT fans are all about ego and proving how we good we are, and that we're 'better' than a&m. Huh, looks like you guys working together pretty much proved my original point about a&m and your need to 'prove' yourselves to UT fans. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck..................well you guys graduated from a top notch institution, you can probably fill in the rest. Hook'em!

Are you confusing us with Ducks? Oops, sorry-

your confused us with ducks? :lol

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Yeah, here I am the one guy continuing this debate and all of these UT fans are just putting their two cents in right along with me.................wait, there hasn't been any other UT fans saying anything for a while now. It's only been a&m fans ganging up to repeatedly point out how UT fans are all about ego

Yes, you've made that point for me rather well. At times this forum has seen a plethora of UT "fans" jumping on whoever.

Sorry that you feel so alone. Must be due to the fact that most of your brethern don't have access to a PC during the day.

and proving how we good we are, and that we're 'better' than a&m. Huh, looks like you guys working together pretty much proved my original point about a&m and your need to 'prove' yourselves to UT fans. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck..................well you guys graduated from a top notch institution, you can probably fill in the rest. Hook'em!

Actually, the problem seems to lie with the fact that very few of the UT "fans" in this forum actually matriculated there.

A review of this thread will show that you made a claim and now are dumping on Aggies for "proving" anything when we were simply responding to your drivel.

Jdspur20
07-12-2005, 05:19 PM
good song

not

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2005, 06:28 PM
I'd be surprised if Ballcox even went to tu.

If you did, you definitely didn't mature at all.

The whole "you're not our rival, we look down on you" thing is spoken like a true internet loser.

I know guys who have played football and basketball for tu in years past, and they all consider it to be every bit the rivalry game that the tu-OU game is.

But what would the players know, some internet poster with an inferiority complex says it isn't so. :lol

jalbre6
07-12-2005, 07:12 PM
This thread is cracking me up. Ballcox gives out a lot of UT-related info in his various posts in here, and is sticking to his guns here. And the loyalties of the Aggie posters should be commended.

Face it, both schools have gone through some amazing highs (CWS titles, Final Fours, BCS bids) and some incredible lows (0-for-decade runs against rivals) over the last few years. I've really never been much of an Aggie basher. Their school spirit dwarfs anything I saw at UT, and some of the traditions that they have in College Station need to be seen (or in the case of Silver Taps, heard) to be believed and appreciated.

I find the "t.u." label, upside down / sawed off Longhorn decals, and the fight song to be humorous rather than insulting toward The University, but really don't read into it further than that.

And yeah, UT's won five straight and eight of the last ten. But before the Horns went on that stretch, A&M won something like nine out of ten...with the Longhorn's sole victory (I think 1990) the year UT got punked by the 'Canes in the Cotton Bowl.

Aggies are good, solid rivals. I'll save the bile for OU and Arkansas and those weaklings out in Lubbock.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2005, 07:18 PM
ohhh im an aggie we sing fight songs the entire game ohhhhhhh

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 07:19 PM
ohhh im an aggie we sing fight songs the entire game ohhhhhhh

Staying for the entire game? Sounds like hard work.

http://www.prizes1.com/Texas%20Longhorns%20Cheerleader%20Bear.jpg

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2005, 07:20 PM
our mascot is an agriculterer that is really ripped ohhhh

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 07:21 PM

Someone decipher that for me. Thanks in advance.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2005, 07:22 PM
what is 'aggie' short for

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 07:23 PM
The mascot is a dog. "Aggies" is the team name.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2005, 07:25 PM
what is the team name 'aggie' short for

Mr Dio
07-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Actually, the problem seems to lie with the fact that very few of the UT "fans" in this forum actually matriculated there.

Didn't know being a fan of ANY sports team meant you had to go to school there, live or be born there.
So, if someone is a fan of Kentucky basketball they have to have went to school there?
If someone is a Spurs fan they have to live in SA?
If someone is a Lakers fan they have to live in LA?

Seems like people that have 20 degrees missed on knowing what it is to be a fan.
Common sense isn't so common I guess.
Like it or not, I'm a fan.
Too bad.

Mr Dio
07-12-2005, 07:41 PM
If someone is a Dallas Cowboys fan they have to live in Dallas?

Mr Dio
07-12-2005, 07:41 PM
If someone is a Norte Dame fan they had to go to school there?

Mr Dio
07-12-2005, 07:42 PM
If someone is a Chicago Bulls fan they have to live in Chicago?

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Didn't know being a fan of ANY sports team meant you had to go to school there, live or be born there.
So, if someone is a fan of Kentucky basketball they have to have went to school there?

Seems like people that have 20 degrees missed on knowing what it is to be a fan.
Too bad.

That's the pros. Collegiate athletics is the subject at hand. Yeah, I think it's reasonable to expect someone to have a real connection to the university, especially if they want to start dogging other schools.

Mr Dio
07-12-2005, 07:52 PM
I mentioned UK.
What about Indiana basketball? Georgia Football? Florida football? Penn St football?

Those I believe sir, are colleges. The subject at hand.

A real connection? According to that is????

Guess what?, I'm still a fan.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2005, 08:07 PM
so the mascot is a dog and the team name is slang for agrilculturer

mookie2001
07-12-2005, 09:57 PM
sit down busdriver!

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2005, 10:59 PM

This coming from someone who supports a team with a castrated mascot.

:lmao

mookie2001
07-12-2005, 11:30 PM
can someone explain "sit down busdriver" to me

Cant_Be_Faded
07-13-2005, 12:00 AM
im an aggie oh ohhhhhhh

word
07-13-2005, 02:28 AM
GodDAMN I love college football. EASILY the best of 'em all.

samikeyp
07-13-2005, 08:10 AM

A&M owned UT for most of the 80's and a good part of the 90's as well.

I think its funny that aggie and longhorn fans accuse the other of certain behaviors, then do the exact same thing. For every person who claims to be a Longhorn yet didn't go to school there, I can match you with an Aggie doing the same thing. Let's clear something up....unless you actually went to UT or A&M, you are a fan, not an Aggie or Longhorn but a fan. Nothing wrong with that though. I am a Longhorn fan but I give A&M props on their sense of tradition. Things like that make college football and its rivalries special.

What I think is stupid is when OU fan does the upside down Longhorn sign...against Baylor. Apparently they think that the gesture applies to any school from Texas. I saw OU fans do it against UNT, Tech and A&M as well. At least the Aggies know the right time to do it.

SWC Bonfire
07-13-2005, 08:24 AM
I would invite anyone who cares to spring for the big $ (better if you know someone with a free ticket & sit in the student section) to go see an A&M game (vs anybody, not just a big game) at Kyle Field.

You cannot get the experience that you get from the game by watching it on TV. Even if you go in with a bad attitude, you will leave pretty impressed.

Mr Dio
07-13-2005, 08:56 AM
I can appreciate & I highly believe that is true SWC.

SWC Bonfire
07-13-2005, 09:47 AM

Well, if you went to/know someone who went to a really small school, you know that the coach sometimes has to drive a bus. I'm sure this was much more prevalent earlier in the century when pretty much everyone from A&M came from a small town (and everyone in Texas, for that fact).

When the opposing coach bitches about a call, he is reminded to keep his hands on the wheel/eyes on the road instead of turning around to chew somebody out. (Coming from someone who rode the bus 2 1/2 hrs/day, I can identify with this more.) :tu

FromWayDowntown
07-13-2005, 10:40 AM

Too bad.

Do you root for high schools with which you have no association, too?

The high school/college parallel is much closer than the college/professional jig you've gone on here.

mookie2001
07-13-2005, 11:02 AM
thanks bonfire
i did go to a small high school and the coach did drive the bus to games

Ballcox
07-13-2005, 11:41 AM
I'd be surprised if Ballcox even went to tu.

If you did, you definitely didn't mature at all.

The whole "you're not our rival, we look down on you" thing is spoken like a true internet loser.

I know guys who have played football and basketball for tu in years past, and they all consider it to be every bit the rivalry game that the tu-OU game is.

But what would the players know, some internet poster with an inferiority complex says it isn't so. :lol

Real mature, take shots questioning where I went to school. Yes I did go to UT and graduated in 1993. And if you've taken the time to read any of my previous posts in the college sports forum, you would know that I do give respect to a&m for their traditions and fan support. I've been to the last three games UT has played at Kyle Field and I can easily put the a&m home crowd in the top five in terms of volume and them being into the game. Honestely, I don't understand why the ag posters keep taking shots at me on a personal level for my comments about the rilvary. I'm trying to just stick to facts and not take any personal shots at aggies, but in turn I get comments about my ego and doubts about where I went to school. That's cool if you want to take that route, it really doesn't bother me all that much-to me it just points to more insecurities about a&m and their sports teams. Additionally, I agree with Jalbre about the rilvaries UT has. Believe me, I have far more ill will towards teams like ou and arkansas than a&m. My hope is that a&m does get their athletic programs back on track, it enhances the rilvary we have.

Also, I used to hang out and play basketball at Gregory gym, a number of UT players would also play pickup games there, they also didn't really look at a&m as that big a rival. I also never said I look down on a&m, just that it isn't that big of a rilvary these days.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-13-2005, 12:33 PM

SWC got the gist of it right. Back in the early 20th century the coaches for teams usually drove the team bus to games. When they bitched at the refs (this was particularly a common occurance in basketball games) the "Sit Down Bus Driver" thing was born.

The best is sometimes a team's coach will be fixing to sit down, then the students do the yell, and then the coach stands back up (Bobby Knight did this a couple of years ago at a game at Reed at A&M, and afterwards he said the crowd was fun).

And if you've taken the time to read any of my previous posts in the college sports forum, you would know that I do give respect to a&m for their traditions and fan support.

Then why is this thread largely three pages of you running weak smack about A&M?

Ballcox
07-13-2005, 12:47 PM
More like three pages of responding to inane comments by ag posters.

SWC Bonfire
07-13-2005, 01:26 PM
SWC got the gist of it right. Back in the early 20th century the coaches for teams usually drove the team bus to games.

What do you mean early 20th century? My Jr. High football coach drove the bus, dammit! :jack :lol

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Horn fan seems to think A&M is a rival given how much their smack is preoccupied with my Aggies. Back in the early to mid 90s Texas wasn't much of a "rival" in football either.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Horn fan seems to think A&M is a rival given how much their smack is preoccupied with my Aggies. Back in the early to mid 90s Texas wasn't much of a "rival" in football either.

is it the 90s?

oh yeah its the year two thousand and five

SWC Bonfire
07-13-2005, 01:47 PM
If you're wondering, we didn't ride a school bus, we just rode in a big Tahoe, CBF. :lol

Extra Stout
07-13-2005, 01:49 PM
That's the pros. Collegiate athletics is the subject at hand. Yeah, I think it's reasonable to expect someone to have a real connection to the university, especially if they want to start dogging other schools.Anyone can be a fan of any team they like.

But if somebody's going to start mocking the value of a degree from somewhere, they better have something better than a certificate from ITT Tech hanging on their wall.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2005, 01:50 PM
is it the 90s?

oh yeah its the year two thousand and five

Something to keep in mind when ignorant Horn fan wants to go on and on about Texas always having 'owned' my Aggies or whatever.

Also, funny how Horn fan is quick to break out the history books (60s, 70s, 80s) when it comes to OU.

You must be a new bandwagoner, so I'll give you a break.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2005, 01:52 PM
A&M owned UT for most of the 80's and a good part of the 90's as well.

I think its funny that aggie and longhorn fans accuse the other of certain behaviors, then do the exact same thing. For every person who claims to be a Longhorn yet didn't go to school there, I can match you with an Aggie doing the same thing. Let's clear something up....unless you actually went to UT or A&M, you are a fan, not an Aggie or Longhorn but a fan. Nothing wrong with that though. I am a Longhorn fan but I give A&M props on their sense of tradition. Things like that make college football and its rivalries special.

What I think is stupid is when OU fan does the upside down Longhorn sign...against Baylor. Apparently they think that the gesture applies to any school from Texas. I saw OU fans do it against UNT, Tech and A&M as well. At least the Aggies know the right time to do it.

Amen. I know plenty of Texas grads who absolutely hate those who them look like idiots and didn't even go there.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-13-2005, 02:09 PM
i dont think its cool to say someone can't be a fan of a school they don't go to

in fact, being a fan of a school before you are even a student can contribute to where you actually do end up going to school

my sister is a hardcore ucla fan cuz she used to be into softball and loves their softball team....but she didnt want to go to school that far from home so is going to UT.

AgSnake361
07-13-2005, 03:35 PM
i dont think its cool to say someone can't be a fan of a school they don't go to

in fact, being a fan of a school before you are even a student can contribute to where you actually do end up going to school

my sister is a hardcore ucla fan cuz she used to be into softball and loves their softball team....but she didnt want to go to school that far from home so is going to UT.

Noone is saying you can't be a FAN of a school you didn't attend. Just don't get your panties in a wad when you're running smack to someone who actually attended another school and they call you a bandwagon or t-shirt fan. I could care less if you're a fan of the 'Horns and didn't go there, but if that's the case, you've got no reason to degrade my school.

Ballcox
07-13-2005, 03:40 PM

Don't take it personal, it's just the typical secular attitude that ags get into about their school. You can't really be a true fan of the aggies if you didn't go to some kind of yell practice or something. Just stay with the Horns, we have a huge fan base of grads and non-grads alike, treat everyone the same as long as you're backing the Horns!

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2005, 04:32 PM
You can be a fan of whatever, but if you dog my alma mater don't expect me to be too kind.

Ballcox
07-13-2005, 04:51 PM
:sleep
You can be a fan of whatever, but if you dog my alma mater don't expect me to be too kind.

:sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2005, 04:52 PM
You've learned how to copy and paste. Impressive.

Ballcox
07-13-2005, 05:48 PM
^ I know my numbers and letters too, you want me to go over those? I'm working on coloring inside the lines next week! :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-13-2005, 06:20 PM
What do you mean early 20th century? My Jr. High football coach drove the bus, dammit!

:lol SWC, LOL.

Don't take it personal, it's just the typical secular attitude that ags get into about their school. You can't really be a true fan of the aggies if you didn't go to some kind of yell practice or something.

Yeah, candle lighting "rallies" are much cooler :lol

Just stay with the Horns, we have a huge fan base of grads and non-grads alike, treat everyone the same as long as you're backing the Horns!

That should read a huge bandwagon fan base.

As for the whole "treat everyone the same as long as you're backing the Horns", let's see there was the whole www.firemackovic.com thing, www.firemackbrown.com thing, then you had the whole "Applewhite sucks, play Simms crowd", you had 1/3 of the fans left at the end of the 66-3 UCLA game, then you had the "Mock sucks, play Vince" thing...

Your quote should read:

treat everyone the same as long as the Horns are winning

Mr Dio
07-13-2005, 06:42 PM

my sister is a hardcore ucla fan cuz she used to be into softball and loves their softball team....but she didnt want to go to school that far from home so is going to UT

I have to laugh every time a person attempts to say I'm not a fan because they graduated from that school!
I seriously doubt many of those esteemed grads ever went to see football games in Austin every yr since the age of 7 until leaving the state of Texas @ 19yo. Many of those grads went to games when they got accepted @ whatever school or the year before when they went with mommy & daddy on a campus tour.
So it took you going to that school BEFORE you became a fan huh? Yeah, you're a bigger fan me. :rolleyes

Mr Dio
07-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Do you root for high schools with which you have no association, too?
The high school/college parallel is much closer than the college/professional jig you've gone on here.

Nice try, :rolleyes the subject is collegiate sports as previously pointed out by a real fan. :rolleyes It is actually closer from College to Pro. BUT feel free to answer the previous questions if you're not afraid.

I do enjoy watching the sport of football on every level from high school on up. Do I root for those schools?, no. Do I like a good game? Yes.
Was I born in Texas? YES
Was UT the 1st football team I was exposed to to? YES
Did I go to my 1st UT game @ the age of 7yo? YES
Did I go EVERY FUCKIN' yr til I joined the Corps? No, I might've 2 yrs at the MOST.
Did it take an acceptance letter to become a bogus fan overnight? HELL NO!

Now feel free to answer the questions, IF you can about the other colleges.

Mr Dio
07-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Guess What!?!?!?

All the doubt posted here didn't change anything!

I'm still a FAN!

Mr Dio
07-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Just checking.....YUP!

Still a fan!

violentkitten
07-13-2005, 07:19 PM
hey i went to acc and cheer for the longhorns hee hee

Mr Dio
07-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I had mommy & daddy walk me to class & THEN I became a fan.

lol! :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
07-13-2005, 07:39 PM
i go to UT

Mr Dio
07-13-2005, 07:40 PM
i go to UT

Some nerd somewhere will find a reason in their colon that you aren't a fan.

A fan is a fan, the jealous want to be fans.

Spurodamus
07-13-2005, 07:45 PM
http://members.aol.com/blackrose3000/images/negrodamus.jpg

All of you are gay.

Ballcox
07-13-2005, 09:00 PM
:lol SWC, LOL.

Yeah, candle lighting "rallies" are much cooler :lol

That should read a huge bandwagon fan base.

As for the whole "treat everyone the same as long as you're backing the Horns", let's see there was the whole www.firemackovic.com thing, www.firemackbrown.com thing, then you had the whole "Applewhite sucks, play Simms crowd", you had 1/3 of the fans left at the end of the 66-3 UCLA game, then you had the "Mock sucks, play Vince" thing...

Your quote should read:

Hey, we like diversity in our fan base, that's what happens when you're not boxed up in a one horse town like Bryan/College Station. :lol

FromWayDowntown
07-13-2005, 10:23 PM
Nice try, :rolleyes the subject is collegiate sports as previously pointed out by a real fan. :rolleyes It is actually closer from College to Pro. BUT feel free to answer the previous questions if you're not afraid.

Fine, you know what -- you win. It's like talking to a wall. You're right. I don't even know why universities bother to worry about academics and I don't know why my devotion to academics makes me wonder why those who have no interest in academics decide to align themselves with secondary activities on certain campuses, but that's just me.

To answer your other questions:

I do enjoy watching the sport of football on every level from high school on up. Of course, rather than just sitting around blowing a bunch of rhetoric about how wonderful an underachieving team can be, I spend some time learning the game to understand why teams win and why they lose. I've noticed that such concerns are insiginificant to most, but not to me.

Do I root for those schools? I root for MY high school. I root for MY college. I go to great venues to see good games, to see teams that represent schools that I didn't attend. But I don't associate myself with those schools.

Do I like a good game? Yes; of course.

Was I born in Texas? I actually wasn't. But that doesn't have any affect on my love and appreciation for the game of football.

Was UT the 1st football team I was exposed to to? No; the New York Giants were.

Did I go to my 1st UT game @ the age of 7yo? Yeah, no I didn't. I was too busy playing sports at that point with games on Saturdays. Sigh.

Did I go EVERY FUCKIN' yr til I joined the Corps? Well, I can't claim the latter portion, so the question doesn't really apply to me. But I don't get what difference that really makes. Are you suggesting that that makes you more knowledgable, or just a better fan? How many of those games did you get to all by yourself? Since neither of my parents attended the University of Texas, and since their schools were thousands of miles from our home in San Antonio, that sort of outward manifestation of devotion wasn't available in my family. We didn't just adopt a local team for grins, either.

Did it take an acceptance letter to become a bogus fan overnight? You realize that a significant portion of the kids that you root for on Saturdays probably weren't Longhorns fans growing up -- are they bogus fans too? I'll guarantee you that the acceptance letter and the offer to play football for my university made me an immediate fan of that University, opened the door to a lifetime worth of great experiences, and ended whatever loyalties I may have held for other schools.

Mr Dio
07-14-2005, 06:03 AM
No; the New York Giants were.

Well that might explain it all.
I deal was East Coast, ummm, people everyday. I know that type.

I was 7yo & no memeber of my family went o UT.
I was a member of Troop 358 in the Polaris district & our scoutmaster Bob Baer(sp) was tight with someone that ran the ushering program @ UT. So, about 2-3 times a yr if we'd attained certain citizenship goals in regards to school/community work we'd be allowed to go see the games. Hopefully that fine IVY league Ed now understands but, I'm not holding my breath.
Common sense isn't so common.

...no I didn't. I was too busy playing sports at that point with games on Saturdays. Sigh.

Sorry 'bout that, I guess I was lucky enough to go.

I spend some time learning the game to understand why teams win and why they lose. I've noticed that such concerns are insiginificant to most, but not to me.

Hey!, That is AWESOME! That is really GREAT!
Let me know when & IF your book ever comes out. :rolleyes

I go to great venues to see good games, to see teams that represent schools that I didn't attend. But I don't associate myself with those schools.

So you NEVER discuss those great games afterward that you've seen?
I'd call BULLSHIT on anyone that sees a great game in ANY sport that they like very much & claims to NOT discuss the game(s) afterward. Even if they didn't go to that school or live in that city/state.

You realize that a significant portion of the kids that you root for on Saturdays probably weren't Longhorns fans growing up -- are they bogus fans too?

You're not from here so you wouldn't understand I guess, but feel free to read about UT & ag recruits to brush up on the subject.
Many/Most of the players that UT & aNm recruit are from the Great State of TEXAS.
Many/Most players of those players grow up wanting to play for 1 of those 2 schools.

word
07-14-2005, 07:14 AM
Noone is saying you can't be a FAN of a school you didn't attend. Just don't get your panties in a wad when you're running smack to someone who actually attended another school and they call you a bandwagon or t-shirt fan. I could care less if you're a fan of the 'Horns and didn't go there, but if that's the case, you've got no reason to degrade my school.

For the last goddamn time, and yeah it's a pet peeve of mine, or is it 'peave' ?

Anyway....NOONE is not a WORD. Tired of seeing this on the 'innernet'. It's TWO words. NO and ONE, like NO PERSON is two words. You wouldn't spell NO PERSON NOPERSON, would you ? Or...WOULDU ?

TWOWORDS...GETIT ?

Carry on with that edumacashun....

Now, I did not gradeate from UT. I went there my freshman and sophomoric years but I am a Longhorn fan. I acquired my real 'longhorn fan' card when I went to work for UT-Austin back in the 70's and retired in 2002 with two breaks in employment, working in the private sector in Colarada ( one word ) and Minnesoohtah ( still not a word....) .

If that doesn't qualify then noone does...

Wait.....

Mr Dio
07-14-2005, 07:52 AM
I don't even know why universities bother to worry about academics and I don't know why my devotion to academics makes me wonder why those who have no interest in academics decide to align themselves with secondary activities on certain campuses, but that's just me

Gee, can't remember the last time I saw or heard anyone cheer for a professor or class. :lol

Who did win the last BCS of GPA? I seemed to have missed the last 40 or 50. :lmao

word
07-14-2005, 08:03 AM
That whole...'did you graduate from there is nonsense...or is it noon-sense...?

My X mother-in-law has been a die hard Kansas BB fan for 50 years and she never went to school there. Been to over 200 games but, you know...she's not really a FAN because she never went to school there.

Riiiiight....

Mr Dio
07-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Exactly what I'm talking about.
Some people will never know what a true fan is because they aren't one themselves.
That seems to be their problem & I love to toy with them & laugh at their posts.
Seems like they obtained the basis for their agrument on the Nickelodeon or Disney channels.

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2005, 10:11 AM
You're not from here so you wouldn't understand I guess, but feel free to read about UT & ag recruits to brush up on the subject.
Many/Most of the players that UT & aNm recruit are from the Great State of TEXAS.
Many/Most players of those players grow up wanting to play for 1 of those 2 schools.

The rest is drivel, but this is just wrong.

I was born on the East Coast, but we moved to San Antonio when I was 6 months old. I grew up in Texas -- I played football in Texas, for a big-time high school, with and against big time players -- I played football with kids who ended up playing at the University of Texas. I know a bit about what I speak.

I personally know at least 5 kids who played at UT. I played with 2, played against 2 others, and know a 5th, though he was several years older than me. Of those 5, only 1 was an Orangeblood before being recruited to play football there. 1 of 5; 20%.

Now, I'm not saying that the trend holds up over the entire set of UT recruits- -- I know that it doesn't -- but I'm also willing to bet that a significant number of UT recruits didn't grow up as UT fans, even if they grew up in Texas -- that one grows up in Texas does not make one a UT "fan," as you say (or even an A&M "fan").

Most kids who are recruited to play collegiate football are looking for the best offer they can get (usually, meaning an offer to see playing time for a team that has a chance to be good), regardless of what their loyalties were as children.

For some, it also comes down to realizations about the importance of academics and finding a school that offers a particular program of study that is unavailable elsewhere.

Certainly, there are a great number who attend the schools that they followed as children, but for more than you'd think, the issue isn't about loyalty or childhood devotion. It's about the business of giving oneself the best opportunity to excel as a player and as a student. I'm sure that there are a number of kids who are recruited by UT and A&M, whose aspirations lie in playing at USC, Miami, Florida State, and other such programs. But you don't always get recruited by the schools that you most want -- and if you do, going to those schools isn't always the best thing for you.

Of course, what the hell do I know -- those are only personal experiences from having been through recruiting and things like that.

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Gee, can't remember the last time I saw or heard anyone cheer for a professor or class. :lol

Who did win the last BCS of GPA? I seemed to have missed the last 40 or 50. :lmao

You know, that's what's so sad about this: the most important function of the University of Texas isn't winning national championships in athletics; it's most important function is educating students and producing individuals who can better society. But nobody cheers for that stuff, and it likely isn't something that you've ever worried about, so what the hell difference would that make.

The next time you're hobnobbing with the Chancellor of the University of Texas (or whoever is the chief executive of the university) ask what would be more important: a national football title or a #1 national ranking for academics. I suspect it would be the latter (and particularly at UT, since a football title is lo, so many years in the past -- a fading memory).

word
07-14-2005, 10:49 AM
You know, that's what's so sad about this: the most important function of the University of Texas isn't winning national championships in athletics; it's most important function is educating students and producing individuals who can better society. But nobody cheers for that stuff,

Well, just how would one 'cheer' for that 'stuff' ? Forget about all that. Texas is a good University, Oklahoma is a good University, aTm is a good University, Colorado is a good University, Baylor, Kansas...blah blah...and none of 'em are a Cal Tech or MIT. On the other hand, their football teams suck more than say, OU's academic sucks.

When you start rooting for Yale, then come back and yap about 'academics'.
Then of course, you'd have nothing to say on a CFB board/forum/thread.

SWC Bonfire
07-14-2005, 11:23 AM
I'll take as many knowledgeable Aggie fans as I can get.

But there is a lot more to Texas A&M than just football games. The traditions pretty much permeate through campus life. If you live on campus, whether in the Corps of Cadets or a Non-Reg(imented student), the "unit" mentality has carried over from the millitary days, either with your squad or with your dorm. I fear that a lot of the traditions associated with dorm life may dissapear somewhat with the discontinuation of Bonfire (may the 12 Ags who lost their lives rest in peace). It was a focal point for a lot of activities, mixing with the girls dorms, etc. FYI, although there is a large greek population at A&M, the percentage of students when I went there was still quite small in comparison to the total # of students. We used to have shirts that said, "buy a friend - join a frat; earn a friend - build a bonfire." :lol

Plus, you get some gems like the Hart Hall "Super Grode" Yell:

Hart Hall
___ 'em all,
___, ____, ____.
Grab a ____,
____ a ____,
Sure is fun
but tastes like ____.
Through the ramps,
into bed.
Give us ____
until we're dead.
Eat ____ Puryear,
____ you Law,
Wish you could be
Hart ____'n Hall.

Gig 'em :tu

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Don't forget the quality debates:

"Fuck you, Puryear."

"Eat shit, Law."

edit...saw that in the Hart yell. I thought it was the reverse.

SWC Bonfire
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Don't forget the quality debates:

"Fuck you, Puryear."

"Eat shit, Law."

edit...saw that in the Hart yell. I thought it was the reverse.

It is reversed... that was done to piss them off. :tu

Addendum: Unfortunately, Law and Puryear are no longer there... and Hart and Walton have electrical devices in their windows other than box fans... sad days. I remember the good ol' days when Hart was "Built by Aggies - Air Conditioned by God".

A moment of silence, please...

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2005, 12:45 PM

Of course, that's part of Mr. Dio's apparent quarrel with me, since my college football team -- my loyalties in college football -- are with Columbia, the school for which I played; I don't root for Yale, I actively root against Yale, which is in Columbia's league.

Thus, my standing to "yap" about academics.

And what I don't get is how the team you support has anything to do with whether or not you know anything about college football. I support Columbia, but that doesn't mean I don't follow the play of other colleges. Besides, who I root for came up in the context of chastizing Mr. Dio and other UT "fans" for giving OU fans a bunch of garbage about losing the National Championship game -- I'd be a hypocrite if I was propping Penn for beating Princeton, but that's not what we're talking about here. Of course, in these threads, the real point is insigificant to most of the "fans," who are hellbent on showing that they're somehow more committed to the University's enterprise than the students of the University are.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2005, 12:59 PM
That whole...'did you graduate from there is nonsense.

That's not the point at all. The point is that some of the worst offenders in the whole "smack talk" thing are people who never even went to school there, and get their panties in a bunch when you bring that smack on them (like Dio).

If you didn't even go to school there, don't get pissed when someone cracks on you for that. If you can try and run some lame smack about me actually going to A&M, I sure as hell can run smack about your sorry ass not even going to the school you're trying to talk shit on behalf of.

That is all.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 04:04 PM
mookies going to own you come fall
hes going to post here like he owns the place

word
07-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Of course, that's part of Mr. Dio's apparent quarrel with me, since my college football team -- my loyalties in college football -- are with Columbia, the school for which I played

Columbia has a football team ? Say how did you guys do against Ecuador...?

Kidding...I know Ecuador is mainly a labotomy and zoologic...al...skewl.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your shuttle. Hell I wasn't even aware Columbia HAD a space program.

word
07-14-2005, 05:55 PM
That's not the point at all. The point is that some of the worst offenders in the whole "smack talk" thing are people who never even went to school there, and get their panties in a bunch when you bring that smack on themThat is all.

Uh-uh..the point is that you could be talking to my bud Spudster who I watched get thrown in a trash dumpster outside the Dixie Chicken in 1986 and plays golf with Willie and Darryl Royal and has one of them there 'stars' planted in the seeeeement outside of DKR and a shabby UT Law degree., Hell you could be him for all I know.

Hey man, 'call me'.

You'd never know it much like you don't know who is who here or most any place else unless you recognize their face as famous.

The only assumption you can make here is that a person is a fan. That is all.
I've learned to just leave it at that.

Mr Dio
07-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Of course, what the hell do I know -- those are only personal experiences from having been through recruiting and things like that

Gee, just love how the stories you have seem to almost answer everything I put out.
Uh huh, we ALL beleive you haas!

Columbia has a football team ? Say how did you guys do against Ecuador...?

Kidding...I know Ecuador is mainly a labotomy and zoologic...al...skewl.

An ambulance somewhere has a pissed off person chasing it.

That's not the point at all. The point is that some of the worst offenders in the whole "smack talk" thing are people who never even went to school there, and get their panties in a bunch when you bring that smack on them (like Dio).

You mean someone that pisses you off? Too bad bitch ass!
It's still here whenever you want it!
AHF was all talk about how he was goin to join Force Recon or the SEALS & save the world & she PUNKED out like the little bitch she is. Be sure when you bring a man's name up you can back it up little boy.

Well, just how would one 'cheer' for that 'stuff' ? Forget about all that. Texas is a good University, Oklahoma is a good University, aTm is a good University, Colorado is a good University, Baylor, Kansas...blah blah...and none of 'em are a Cal Tech or MIT. On the other hand, their football teams suck more than say, OU's academic sucks.

Can't believe someone can't understand this simple subject.
I DON'T cheer for any class or professor at ANY school. That is pretty hard to follow with an Ivy League Ed huh?
I NEVER said grades were second rate.

GUess what?

I'm still a FAN!
Stings doesn't it? Despite your best :rolleyes attempt I still am.

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2005, 09:29 PM
GUess what?

I'm still a FAN!
Stings doesn't it? Despite your best :rolleyes attempt I still am.

Still a "fan" who blasts Sooner fan for losing in a national championship game that his team couldn't reach. . . . .

N.Y. Johnny
07-14-2005, 09:38 PM
I hate Rutgers

:flipoff fuck you Rutgers!

Mr Dio
07-15-2005, 05:56 AM
Still a "fan" who blasts Sooner fan for losing in a national championship game that his team couldn't reach.

I guess that Ivy league Ed comes thru AGAIN.
It was what initially got you all wound up & apparently still works on you. :lmao
Funny that you're someone who trys to associate himself with ou even though you didn't go there. Oh, the silly web of hypocrisy that you've woven..& entangled yourself in. :lol
What little legitimacy you've once had is no more.

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Pointing out the hypocrisy of your arguments doesn't make him a Sooner fan. But that argument does make you fucking stupid, "fan" or not.

Mr Dio
07-15-2005, 08:43 AM
Pointing out the hypocrisy of your arguments doesn't make him a Sooner fan. But that argument does make you fucking stupid, "fan" or not.

Mucus, hey girl, where ya been?
I can live with being stupid..Afterall a great authority on stupidity such as yourself would know right?

Spurminator
07-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Tarleton State blows. Go ACU!

Cant_Be_Faded
07-15-2005, 01:34 PM
back to the topic.

when the aggies sing their school song they hug each other and sway left to right
left
to
right

is this ok? discuss.

SWC Bonfire
07-15-2005, 01:46 PM
That's when you "Saw Varsity's horns off".

You put your arm around the person to the right and sway back & forth like the teeth of a saw. This immediately follows the words to the Aggie War Hymn. It of course refers to sawing the horns off of the mascot of t.u.:

"Saw Varsity's horns off,
Saw Varsity's horns off.
Saw Varsity's horns off...
<stop swaying>
Short! A! <a whoop! is appropriate if you are an upperclassman>

Varsity's horns are sawed off,
Varsity's horns are sawed off.
Varsity's horns are sawed off,

<stop swaying>
Short! A! <Whoop!>

A whoop is a "wildcat", each class has their own. Only upperclassmen can "whoop", among other things that are priviledged to rank that are passed down from the old millitary days of the school.

There you go. You do know that you can find this on the "internets", right?

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Given that when the crowd does it, it looks like the entire stadium is swaying, yes.

Bo Malette
07-20-2005, 02:30 AM
ya...swaying all over my athletic cock

Bo Malette
07-20-2005, 02:38 AM
Yeah and we "hump it" too and we also stand for the entire game, we have a number of cheers referred to as "yells" and it's a tradition to say "howdy" to our fellow Aggies..

What dumbass would stand up the entire game when he has a seat right behind him?

and who the fuck would go out at midnight to PRACTICE cheering

Bo Malette
07-20-2005, 02:39 AM
I hear ya, I'm definitely not into that whole group hug thing they like to do, it's a little bit scary if you ask me.

wait wait wait.....isnt UT the campus with the most gays on it?

Bo Malette
07-20-2005, 02:42 AM
OH YEAH AND TCU HAS MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS THEN TAMU

but i say we just all watch Bo Malette kick ass and drive VHS all the way to State!!!

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 08:19 AM
Apparently junior got into daddy's stash last night.

SWC Bonfire
07-20-2005, 09:01 AM

I knew a member of the old TCU teams...he was class of '43... he passed away a few years ago. I was always shocked at how small he was...his ring he wore was worn smooth. He had it on all the time. Cool guy.

AgSnake361
07-20-2005, 04:14 PM

but i say we just all watch Bo Malette kick ass and drive VHS all the way to State!!!

Another mouse alias?

Ginofan
07-20-2005, 09:05 PM
I don't attend A&M and I don't plan to. BUT I can say that some of the most incredible experiences as a sportsfan, I've experienced at College Station or on the road with Aggies.

We have a bunch of bot UT and A&M alumni in my family, and picking sides was always tough...but the first time I went to College Station my choice was cemented. The first time I went, I experienced Mid-Night Yell, the Dixie Chicken, standing the entire game, the War Hymn, and overall just having a fucking blast. I absolutely LOVE the enthusiasm and the TRADITION that A&M holds. I've been visiting there for 6 years and I can say from a sports standpoint it's awesome.

I got to attend my first Aggie Basketball games this past season, and even at Reed it was great. Loving basketball more than football, I was hoping to have a better perspective of things. The bus driver yells and all the other little yells and quirks of the student section was just awesome. It had that Spurs feel to it, you know like when all of the rabid Spursfans in San Antonio are in the seats close to you and you're just rooting your fucking heart out.

Anyways just thought I'd share my little comments...

samikeyp
07-20-2005, 09:30 PM
well said.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2005, 12:44 AM
and who the fuck would go out at midnight to PRACTICE cheering

Actually most of us take out our dates to Yell, and have another excuse to mug down with our woman.

I know that must outrage you hornfans, most of you are usually dressed up in drag and making out with your "life partners."

The bus driver yells and all the other little yells and quirks of the student section was just awesome.

Ginofan, if you can believe it 5 years ago we really didn't have much of that. I co-founded the Reed Rowdies with a few other good Ags, and the result is what you saw at the games this past year. Glad you liked it :)

Ginofan
07-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Ginofan, if you can believe it 5 years ago we really didn't have much of that. I co-founded the Reed Rowdies with a few other good Ags, and the result is what you saw at the games this past year. Glad you liked it :)

Awesome AHF! I really dug the newspaper quirk and the guys dressed up as refs standing at the edge of the court before the games, very funny stuff! Oh and the jiggler...can't forget that guy lol. I went to the Tech game and the OSU game, both very thrilling. The Rowdies are great!

samikeyp
07-21-2005, 10:49 AM
I know that must outrage you hornfans, most of you are usually dressed up in drag and making out with your "life partners."

Sad to say it, but its true. Either that or overly-preppy. UT played SMU in the Alamodome back in 93 or 94 and my buddy and I won tickets to it which included a pre-game brunch in one of the party rooms in the Dome. My friend and I are in t-shirts and shorts, didn't shave...you know, dressed like someone going to a football game. We were surrounded by preppies and people wayyyy over-dressed! Wearing polo shirts and button-up dress shirts! It was sad. Luckily we sat with some other SA-based UT fans and were the rowdiest people there, aside from the students. I am a Longhorn fan and while I will not root for the Aggies (unless they play an out of state team) I will also not dog them about their spirit. It is what college football should be like.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah, the Jiggler wasn't exactly the easiest thing to look at, but it worked. And that was the whole point of the Rowdies, to get people thinking outside the box when it comes to the atmosphere at Reed.

The newspapers were an old tradition that was brought back, in force I might add - looks good.

They've got some good young blood running the group this year, should be even better.

Ballcox
07-25-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't know about other Horn fans, but up in section 101 in the upper deck, it's all real fans. No polo shirt wearing snobs up there, we show up in force and contrary to some ag posters, actually stand the majority of the game. Just so you don't think the aggies have the market cornered on supporting your team.

Ginofan
07-25-2005, 06:15 PM
I don't know about other Horn fans, but up in section 101 in the upper deck, it's all real fans. No polo shirt wearing snobs up there, we show up in force and contrary to some ag posters, actually stand the majority of the game. Just so you don't think the aggies have the market cornered on supporting your team.

I don't think that's the case at all. A&M is just KNOWN for being more about tradition than anything else. I'm sure there's a group of fans for every team that is absolutely rabid in their support of that particular team.

Ags have their share of fairweather fans or not as intnese fans too...I couldn't believe the stuff I was hearing at Reed during the Tech game. Old Ags getting grumpy about standing the last 5 minutes of the game or having people stand in front of them and silly stuff like that.

2pac
07-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Back in old army days, I brought 100 newspapers for everyone. That would cover the student section, because it was me, AHF and everyone we and a few others could round up.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2005, 02:17 AM
Remember that movie, the Junction Boys? (LOL)

And they busted their unathletic asses for hours in the sweltering heat saying "alla' wanna do is beat Texes in the fa'w"

they were like obsessed with beating texas

lol :lol

Ginofan
07-28-2005, 07:58 AM
Remember that movie, the Junction Boys? (LOL)

And they busted their unathletic asses for hours in the sweltering heat saying "alla' wanna do is beat Texes in the fa'w"

they were like obsessed with beating texas

lol :lol

I caught that a while back, that movie was psycho. Paul Bryant was a maniac for pain and punishment.

SWC Bonfire
07-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Remember that movie they filmed about the Longhorns football team? Anyone?

OH, Wait. That was about the cheerleaders. :lol

BTW, a couple of guys by the names of Jack Pardee and Gene Stallings were on that team.

Ginofan
07-28-2005, 11:25 AM

BTW, a couple of guys by the names of Jack Pardee and Gene Stallings were on that team.

"This IS my happy face!"

N.Y. Johnny
07-28-2005, 11:45 AM
I don't attend A&M and I don't plan to. BUT I can say that some of the most incredible experiences as a sportsfan, I've experienced at College Station or on the road with Aggies.

I've been to a football game with someone once to Kyle Field and that was one of the most amazing experiences I have had. Thats something to see to believe there, and remember i'm from NY so it was all alien to me :lol
the fans there got into it and it was a great experience.
better than anything i could ever experience at the Carrier Dome.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2005, 01:16 PM

LOL too bad they were like six foot nothing and one hundred eighty pounds with no athletcisim this side of the mississippi

a&m now would even rape that old team

"aww i wanna do...is make sure you gah's beat texas in the faww"

the overdone texas accents were so gay

plus they practiced at a train stop

mookie2001
07-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Rofl
in the 50's all the offensive linemen were 160 lbs
all the players were white
and they practiced at train stops
plus they made dawsons accent from varsity blues sound like stevie ray vaughns

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2005, 01:25 PM
and their sole purpose in life, their lasting legacy was a W in the win column against Texas every year...now look at what the new aggies have done with that tradition

they blow it against texas

even when the refs take away a touchdown by texas, the aggies still can't pull it out

University of Kansas was closer to beating us than AGGIE town

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2005, 01:26 PM
its like

but Tate Murphy and Lawrence McClendon were on that team

mookie2001
07-28-2005, 01:29 PM
taylor reagen and mason mclendonson too

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Hubert Reynolds and D'Cater Shellington

SWC Bonfire
07-28-2005, 03:52 PM
LOL too bad they were like six foot nothing and one hundred eighty pounds with no athletcisim this side of the mississippi

I believe that there were quite a few future All-Southwest Conference players among the ones who survived the Junction camp.

Just because you're still shittin' green, that doesn't mean that players were less athletic back then. Remember, most players went both ways in those days.

SWC Bonfire
07-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Remember, most players went both ways in those days.

That means that they played both offense and defense for you t-sips. In Austin, that could mean something else. :lol

Ballcox
07-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Wow, didn't see that one coming. Typical ag.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-28-2005, 06:50 PM

Considering all the broken record weak t-sip smack you've run in this thread, I don't think you've got much room to talk.

2pac
07-29-2005, 07:29 AM
Junction Boys had two future NFL coaches - Jack Pardee and Gene Stallings. They did nothing that year (which many attribute to the Junction trip), but in the next two years, the Junction boys went 18-2-2 and won the SWC title once.

Two Junction Boys made three All-American teams (First team).

SWC Bonfire
07-29-2005, 08:10 AM

Well, with CBF & Mookie you have to close down obvious holes left open for attack.

Like all stereotypes, it has a basis at least somewhat in fact. When I was in HS and we were taking school trips to different universities, the class trip to t.u. also happened to coincide with their annual Gay Pride parade.

samikeyp
07-29-2005, 08:17 AM

which is what made the story so inspirational.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-31-2005, 08:00 PM
they practiced in Junction

Cant_Be_Faded
08-01-2005, 12:57 PM
The following phrase from the poem "Junction till Dawn" immortalizes the Junction Boys:

Among facilities: The Junction; Among men: Boys.

Ballcox
08-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Considering all the broken record weak t-sip smack you've run in this thread, I don't think you've got much room to talk.

What you refer to as weak t-sip smack that I was running on about was nothing more than actual FACTS I was referring to regarding UT having a more distinguished history of athletic achievement than a&m. I kept referring back to that again and again as many an ag poster came in with generalized comments about ut 'bandwaggon' fans, etc. Now I get to look at references to the gay community in Austin? So tell me, who is talking smack or making negative comments at this point? The only common thread I can pick out among the ag posters in this forum is their inability to differentiate smack from FACT and their tendency to jump on the same bus when it comes to making comments about UT. But, hey, if being repetitive and predictable works for you-keep twistin' that nipple by all means!

SWC Bonfire
08-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Let it go, man, let it go.

I've been good this entire thread. My shot was directed at CBF.

If Aggies can endure Aggie jokes, you can endure some jokes made at your expense.

Ballcox
08-01-2005, 03:58 PM
^Actually SWC Bonfire, you've been fine. What I don't get is other ag poster taking shots at me when I was just trying to stick to facts about athletic/team performance. I guess if it just gets reduced to repetitive smack talk, I'll back out without any more comments.

2pac
08-01-2005, 04:13 PM
What I don't get is other ag poster taking shots at me when I was just trying to stick to facts about athletic/team performance.

Total BS

boxed up in a one horse town like Bryan/College Station.

meaningless smack

You ags have to understand, we don't really even consider you that big a rival in most/all sports, we have OWNED you for years and years in any sport you can name, that's a fact.

You havent stated one fact yet. You have only talked smack. When the numbers were put in front of you, you just turned it in a different way.

Ballcox
08-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Selective editing, huh?

Fact, Bryan College Station is a pretty small place, thus the one horse town reference. I've been there, and there isn't that much to do outside of drinking at bars and going out to eat. Fact, Austin has tons of things to do is and is often considered one of the 10 best cities in American to live in.

Fact, most UT fans I associate with don't consider a&m that big a rival these days (this is including sports other than football). Football, granted, is still big, and if you look at other posts I've put up about a&m you will notice that I did give their team and fans respect for how they play and support their team.

So keep it up with the selective editing, while continuing to make my point for me, thanks.

2pac
08-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Selective editing, huh?
So keep it up with the selective editing, while continuing to make my point for me, thanks.
It isnt selective editing. It is showing that you have done exactly what you said you didnt do.

Selective editing would be taking splices of other sentences to make it look like you said things you didnt say. I took two complete statements and showed that you arent taking the moral high ground you claim.

Fact, Bryan College Station is a pretty small place, thus the one horse town reference. I've been there, and there isn't that much to do outside of drinking at bars and going out to eat. Fact, Austin has tons of things to do is and is often considered one of the 10 best cities in American to live in.

You just tried to use someone else's fact as an opinion. "considered top 10 city" is an opinion. It isn't a fact. What you are doing is attacking BCS with irrelavant information, and offering nothing about either school.

Maybe you should review your comments and you will see you arent standing on the moral high ground, but rather wallowing in the mud with all the other pigs.

Ballcox
08-01-2005, 08:29 PM
^No, in this case selective editing is hand picking out particular parts of threads to make it look like I'm trying to win some kind of smack tug of war. You just helped to prove my point even further, so please, keep adding to your already irrelevant posts. Thanks again! Snort, snort!

Guru of Nothing
08-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I just noticed this thread for the first time ever, and I jumped straight to the bottom.

Has anyone suggested the song GoatBusters for the Aggie fight song?

Ginofan
08-01-2005, 11:36 PM
You should all listen to "The Colors are all the same" by Bill Pekar and quit fighting :)

Ballcox
08-02-2005, 08:34 AM
I just noticed this thread for the first time ever, and I jumped straight to the bottom.

Has anyone suggested the song GoatBusters for the Aggie fight song?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

2pac
08-02-2005, 08:41 AM
^No, in this case selective editing is hand picking out particular parts of threads to make it look like I'm trying to win some kind of smack tug of war. You just helped to prove my point even further, so please, keep adding to your already irrelevant posts. Thanks again! Snort, snort!

I never insinuated that at all. I only pointed out the hypocracy of your posts.

You talked down to people for smack talking and took the moral high ground. To prove that wrong, I showed two instances where that wasnt the case.

To take the moral high ground, you take it all the time - otherwise you are just a hyprocrite.

SWC Bonfire
08-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Typical t-sipper smack. :rolleyes :lol

Well, if you don't like BCS, fine, I can't force you to like it. I personally preferred to eat good, cheap food, drink (much less expensive) beer, and chase after good looking women that didn't have purple hair and metal objects forced through their noses (among other places).

Not everyone likes Austin. To each their own.

Ballcox
08-02-2005, 08:56 AM
I never insinuated that at all. I only pointed out the hypocracy of your posts.

You talked down to people for smack talking and took the moral high ground. To prove that wrong, I showed two instances where that wasnt the case.

To take the moral high ground, you take it all the time - otherwise you are just a hyprocrite.

Two instances of what YOU perceive as smack talk. If it's just my opinion that Austin is a better city than BCS (as you pointed out), then it stands to reason that your take on my comments is just your opinion of what 'smack' talk represents. I happen to think you're wrong (as usual), but please, let's just continue with this inane conversation the rest of the day! :smokin

mookie2001
08-02-2005, 03:56 PM
practicing at a train station would make you tough

SWC Bonfire
08-02-2005, 04:34 PM
practicing at a train station would make you tough

Well, the practice fields are right across from where the old College Station was. The practice facility in Junction was an old army camp from WWII.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-02-2005, 08:19 PM
I'd rather be CJ 2001 than Scott.

(CJ was someone who was a longhorn his entire life, then all of a sudden in 2001 appeared at school with a&m stickers on his truck, a&m floor mats in his truck, and a strong desire to attend school at a&m. Coincidentally, his new girlfriend also was going to a&m)

SWC Bonfire
08-03-2005, 08:12 AM
I'd rather be CJ 2001 than Scott.

(CJ was someone who was a longhorn his entire life, then all of a sudden in 2001 appeared at school with a&m stickers on his truck, a&m floor mats in his truck, and a strong desire to attend school at a&m. Coincidentally, his new girlfriend also was going to a&m)

I'm glad I went to a school where guys still like girls and girls still like guys.

Willinsa
08-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Aggy is so obessed with the Horns it is not even funny, they can only dream to be as good as us.

Marcus Bryant
08-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah, if only those Aggies could beat OU like the Horns.

Also, the lack of obsession of Horn fans with A&M is apparent in this thread. No doubt.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 06:30 PM
well you can't take a handful of horns fans and make assumptions

1) ut is one of the biggest public schools in usa
2) we're posting most of this stuff cuz we're bored

the title of this thread is aggie fight song

did you expect a serious discussion? hehe

Marcus Bryant
08-03-2005, 07:01 PM
well you can't take a handful of horns fans and make assumptions

1) ut is one of the biggest public schools in usa

And A&M is not?

2) we're posting most of this stuff cuz we're bored

Bored in spite of the 'greatness' of UT? Ok...

the title of this thread is aggie fight song

did you expect a serious discussion? hehe

Expecting a serious discussion from you? You got me there.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 07:42 PM
And A&M is not?

Bored in spite of the 'greatness' of UT? Ok...

Expecting a serious discussion from you? You got me there.

1-maybe in your millions of posts you'd learn to read better...my point was that unless you were joking you cant assume all Ut fans act like me and others who post in this thread, i wasnt measuring UT vs A&M population....gee talk about being obsessed, right?

2-Bored because its summer and basketball is not in season, neither is any major UT sport smart guy

3-Its funny because you think just cuz u have a million posts, and you start a bunch of threads about Free Agents, that you're some hot shot slick rick player

at least i dont try to act like im some major cornerstone of this site that keeps making highly acclaimed threads and spreading the word about the most important topics

more people get on you about making so many god damned free agent threads than get on me about talking shit to aggies

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 07:42 PM
"but i have a million posts and i start threads about available free agents!!!!!!!"

-MB

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 07:44 PM
im important, more important than you!!! I start serious topics and people praise me!!!

Marcus Bryant
08-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Uh oh, someone has issues.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Cant Be Faded... looks like you need to get laid. Call your boyfriend.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-04-2005, 02:34 AM
thats just how marcus bryant thinks of himself, from my point of view

i wasnt trying to convince you thats how he is ahf

Willinsa
08-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah, if only those Aggies could beat OU like the Horns.

So we have owned aggy for the last 5 years, if not for the phantom calls in the 99 game it would be 7 in a row.

Also, the lack of obsession of Horn fans with A&M is apparent in this thread. No doubt.

When was the last time you won a bowl game? Not counting the Houston crap bowl in 01. Aggy is so stupid.

AgSnake361
08-04-2005, 03:50 PM
When was the last time you won a bowl game? Not counting the Houston crap bowl in 01. Aggy is so stupid.

When was the last time y'all beat OU?

I'm with Marcus, the obsession of t.u fans with A&M on this thread is amusing. But of course, we're not your REAL rival.

Marcus Bryant
08-04-2005, 03:56 PM

Ha. Even "Aggy" can beat OU.

"Stupid"? Sounds like you.

samikeyp
08-04-2005, 05:22 PM
I guess AgSnake is into lumping all UT fans as one...that's ok...its his choice. I for one am a UT fan and have no obsession with A&M...in fact I have posted in this thread the respect I have for the traditions at A&M...guess those posts were ignored.

All I know is that a bowl win is a bowl win and Texas has won and dropped their share of "crap bowls".

Willinsa
08-05-2005, 02:59 PM
When was the last time y'all beat OU?

I'm with Marcus, the obsession of t.u fans with A&M on this thread is amusing. But of course, we're not your REAL rival.

Hey Aggy when was the lst time you beat us? so before throwing the OU crap let's talk how you have done aganist us the last 5 years.

Stop living your football life thru OU, remember they raped you guys 2 years ago 77-0, and Stoops had the clock running the entire 4th quarter. :lol

Willinsa
08-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Ha. Even "Aggy" can beat OU.

"Stupid"? Sounds like you.

Yeah but when was the last time aggy beat Texas?? Stupid ass.

Marcus Bryant
08-05-2005, 03:16 PM
If "Aggy" is so bad why can "Aggy" beat OU and Texas cannot?

Oh, and suck a dick chump.

Willinsa
08-05-2005, 03:25 PM
If "Aggy" is so bad why can "Aggy" beat OU and Texas cannot?

Oh, and suck a dick chump.

If aggy is so good while can't they beat Texas, stop living your life thru
another team dumbass. Guess that makes you the dick chumper.

Marcus Bryant
08-05-2005, 03:32 PM
No, that just makes me think that anyone who thinks that "Aggy" is an insult needs to turn in their modem.

I don't live my life through any team, unlike yourself.

Willinsa
08-05-2005, 03:40 PM
No, that just makes me think that anyone who thinks that "Aggy" is an insult needs to turn in their modem.

It's not an insult but any aggy that is called that gets pissed off, it's a joke that they want to be called the Texas Aggies. It's like calling Ok st, Oklahoma Cowboys, it makes no sense.

I don't live my life through any team, unlike yourself.

Well I went to school there, what's your excuse? SAC does not have a football team.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-05-2005, 03:46 PM
aggies and aggys

Marcus Bryant
08-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Well I went to school there, what's your excuse? SAC does not have a football team.

Well, I went to and graduated from both A&M and UT so try again...

Mr Dio
08-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Well, I went to and graduated from both A&M and UT so try again...

Yeah, uh huh.
Funny that wasn't mentioned before.
Can you say, "L-I-A-R?"
Pretty sad someone has to claim something that isn't true..Guess that person's life must really suck.

Marcus Bryant
08-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Well there are two pieces of parchment that say otherwise, but whatever makes you feel better...

Mr Dio
08-05-2005, 10:55 PM
care to prove it, or should I say CAN you prove it?

2pac
08-05-2005, 11:58 PM
MB has mentioned it before. Just cause it wasnt on this thread doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Mr Dio
08-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Yeah, and all of us believe him too! :rolleyes

I guess anyone can mention anything & some might think it all true.

So, how many posters have one of the following?
a Ferrari
(2) homes in the dominion
make over $500K a yr
(3) Doctorates
have climbed the Mt Everest?
can morph into anything at anytime
had a chance to buy into Microsoft (or other stock) but missed out
AND of course..Have supreme knowledge over all!
Yada Yada Yada

If you mention it I of course will believe you. :lol

Marcus Bryant
08-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Well, it did happen. If you'd like "proof" you can check the A&M Association of Former Students directory and the Texas Exes directory. I'm listed in both.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-06-2005, 01:56 PM
which degrees did you get at each school

Willinsa
08-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Well, it did happen. If you'd like "proof" you can check the A&M Association of Former Students directory and the Texas Exes directory. I'm listed in both.

If this is true you are a fucking idiot for comparing UT-aggy, also stop living thru OU saying they beat Texas.

Marcus Bryant
08-08-2005, 01:46 PM
I'll do what I like you stupid motherfucker.

Willinsa
08-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I'll do what I like you stupid motherfucker.

Marcus=Dumbass :lol

Marcus Bryant
08-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I'm a "dumbass" for holding a degree from both universities.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Anyone who has been around this forum for awhile knows that Marcus did his undergrad work at A&M and then attended UT for his graduate degree.

You don't need to look it up, just ask a charter member of Spurstalk.

MB speaks the truth.

Willinsa
08-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I'm a "dumbass" for holding a degree from both universities.

I only say that because if you went to both schools then why don't you support both of your schools? I would think a guy with a degree from 2 texas schools would not be blowing on ou's nuts so much.

Marcus Bryant
08-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Personally I stopped living through college football after, well, college.

2pac
08-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Personally I stopped living through college football after, well, college.

Hard to understand for the never-wents or not-yets.

Mr Dio
08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
A NON football fan wouldn't understand Will's point.

I see where he's coming from.

Willinsa
08-08-2005, 06:33 PM
A NON football fan wouldn't understand Will's point.

I see where he's coming from.

I am glad someone sees my point.

TheTruth
08-09-2005, 05:14 AM
UTSA Football - Still undefeated.

Willinsa
08-10-2005, 01:50 PM
both atm and ut suck

Where did you go to College? I don't think Palo Alto has a football team. :lol

mookie2001
08-14-2005, 01:03 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/aggiessuck/36.jpg

Mr Dio
08-14-2005, 03:26 PM
That is cool Mook, where did u get it?

OK, I know some panties are going to be bunched up but I honestly don't know the answer to the following question.
When was the last time a team on par with Baylor's '04 squad beat a team that was on par w/aNm's '04 squad. Given that the ags were so heavily favored I'm sure it has been sometime, no?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-14-2005, 03:37 PM
it's like that time Mike Alstott succeeded, and scored touchdown after touchdown

people had no idea he was so strong

TheDude
08-14-2005, 05:08 PM
All I know is that going to a Aggie game is one of the best sports experiences I've ever been involved in... right behind the spurs championships of course.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-16-2005, 03:10 AM
more like Fe-Tess

SWC Bonfire
08-16-2005, 03:42 PM
That is cool Mook, where did u get it?

OK, I know some panties are going to be bunched up but I honestly don't know the answer to the following question.
When was the last time a team on par with Baylor's '04 squad beat a team that was on par w/aNm's '04 squad. Given that the ags were so heavily favored I'm sure it has been sometime, no?

A&M turned the ball over something like 16 times in a 22-29 loss to SW Louisiana in 1996. Voodoo.

Marcus Bryant
08-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Yeah, that was worse. Anyways, if they had beat OU the following week last season I might actually be offended.

j-6
08-16-2005, 04:59 PM
A&M turned the ball over something like 16 times in a 22-29 loss to SW Louisiana in 1996. Voodoo.

http://www.athleticnetwork.net/piclib/333.jpg

That USL (or LA-Lafayette, I guess now) team had some pretty good talent. Brandon Stokely and Jake Delhomme both were there.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-23-2005, 02:48 AM
in all seriousness, i mean

is the a&m sports program better than ut? I mean, recently, in terms of overall winning percentages, conference records, rankings, and head-to-head winnings, is a&m better?

Does the Aggie Fight Song pump up the agriculturers so much that they think they're up to par with UT?

We shall see after the upcoming season when UT finally beats OU. If UT loses again then i'll agree with those that say UT still isn't shit cuz it cant be OU.

cecil collins
08-23-2005, 04:12 AM
When's the last time A&M beat OU in football?

samikeyp
08-23-2005, 08:20 AM

SWC Bonfire
08-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Thursday, July 28, 2005 3:21 PM
Commentary: Aggie Fans Deserve Payback
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Scott Rhymer Printer Friendly | E-mail Article
Correspondent

I flew into Houston’s Hobby Airport on the Friday afternoon before the Clemson/Texas A&M game anxious to see if the College Station football experience is all it is cracked up to be.
I, along with many other Clemson fans, had heard the reputation of the Aggie fans and how well they treated their guests. But being from the south, where college football is treated with as much passion as a religion, I was more than a bit skeptical that fans could be passionate and respectful all in one.

So as I gathered my luggage and headed for my rental car. I was out to find the bad and the ugly among the fans of Texas A&M and not because I am evil or on some twisted death-wish march. I searched for the bad because I truly believed that there was no such fantasy land in college football that these fans claimed existed.

Friday
4:25 p.m. For the first time in my life, I set foot on Texas soil. I’m paying for my rental car when the clerk, seeing my Clemson hat, says “Good luck against the Aggies. I’m a big Texas fan”. Understanding how a rivalry works, I pat him on the back and tell him, “We’ll do our best.” As I walk away, the clerk yells over my shoulder. “By the way. What in the world happened at the end of that Georgia Tech game?” I’ve made my first enemy, and he is a Longhorn.

5:05 p.m. They say everything in Texas is big and I quickly find out some evidence to that statement. Houston traffic makes Atlanta’s traffic look like Pelzer, South Carolina. As I finally make my way past the Houston metro area an hour and a half later, I see my first real Texas cattle ranch. I would then see one about every five miles from this point on.

6:40 p.m. After quickly checking into my hotel in College Station, I set out to ride around the campus before eventually driving up to Kyle Field. The campus at Texas A&M is huge, much bigger than I expected. Kyle Field is a massive stadium, comparable to Death Valley. The difference is the Texas terrain which is flat as a table and makes the stadium tower over the campus. It’s a very impressive site.

7:30 p.m. After my quick tour of the campus, I head to the Dixie Chicken. Every Aggie fan will tell you that the Dixie Chicken is the place to be on Friday nights, and I quickly realize what they mean. The place is jammed full of patrons, but its reputation is such that hundreds of Clemson fans are also in attendance.

7:35 p.m. As I mosey up near the bar area, I am quickly offered a drink by an Aggie fan named Justin that has noticed my Clemson hat. “Welcome to College Station, let me buy you a beer”, the 40 year old asks. I accept, asking for a Lite beer. He laughs and sternly tells me he is going to buy me a Texas beer. I quickly find out that the beers in Texas are big too. And strong. 8:00 p.m. As I try to stomach the Texas beer without showing my dislike of it, I strike up a nice conversation with Justin and he tells me what he thinks will happen in the game tomorrow night. He’s nice and affable, but I sense that he is on a mission that does not necessarily include me. After a few minutes, he tells me to enjoy my stay and proceeds to buy another Texas beer to another Clemson fan that has meandered into the bar area. The other Clemson guy dislikes the Texas beer as much as I do. But Justin seems pleased that he is making our experience memorable, if not necessarily tasty. Justin would continue this ritual with every Clemson fan that made their way near his table throughout the night.

8:30 p.m. The next Aggie fan I meet, “Big Ron”, tells me to meet outside the Dixie Chicken promptly at 11:30 for the walk to Kyle Field for Yell Practice. Of course I had heard of Yell Practice, but I’m a little puzzled because I just assumed it was for Aggie fans only. Big Ron laughs, saying “Did a Texas Longhorn fan tell you that nonsense?”

11:30 p.m. Thinking I had won the opportunity to walk with Big Ron to Yell Practice as a special honor, I head out to the front promptly at 11:30 for my trip to Kyle Field. As I walk outside, I quickly see Big Ron. But I also see about 35 Clemson fans standing with him. Seems my special invitation to Yell Practice was not so special after all as Big Ron had just about emptied the Dixie Chicken with any and every Clemson fan willing to go with him.

12:00 midnight To say Yell Practice is impressive is an understatement. 25,000 folks have poured into Kyle Field to go over the yells for tomorrow’s game. All of the Aggie fans carefully listen to the Yell Leaders as if they are about to tell them winning lottery numbers. Dennis Franchione makes a brief appearance to tell the fans that they need to be loud tomorrow because Clemson uses a no huddle offense. During the singing of the Aggie Alma Mater, the Aggie fans next to me insist that I join in and place my arm around them while swaying back and forth.

As impressed as I am with the huge crowd so late at night in a town so far from civilization, I am more impressed when my new Aggie friends tell me that 50,000 will show up before a Texas or Oklahoma game at Yell Practice. That is simply amazing to me.

12:40 a.m. I’m still pumped from the Yell Practice, but my walk back to the hotel is well over two miles. About half way back a SUV pulls up and offers me a ride. The car is filled with six guys all wearing Aggie apparel. I squeeze in and they promptly drive me to the hotel as if I were their best buddy. All six think the Aggies will win tomorrow, which is no surprise because all fans think their team is going to win. They invite me to their tailgate spot the next day, but the directions they gave me make no sense and I know then that I won’t see them again.

Saturday
8:30 a.m. I leave my hotel to pick up Pete Yanity (Clemson’s play by play announcer) and Jeff Bright (Clemson Sports Network Engineer) from the resort where the team is staying. The map makes the drive look about 40 minutes, but in reality is at least an hour away. Compounding the problem is that I get lost twice, having to pull into two separate cattle ranches to ask for directions. The cattlemen at both ranches are very helpful and patience with me. To say I was embarrassed to stand there in a Clemson shirt and hat asking a cowboy how to get to a fancy golf course resort is selling the moment short.

1:00 p.m. After wrapping up the Pregame Show, I head out to soak up the College Station tailgating atmosphere. I pop from parking lot to parking lot and rarely go more than 10 minutes before a group of Aggie fans ask me to come over for a bite to eat. Aggie fans obviously know how to tailgate. At each spot, all types of meats are being grilled and the sides are too many to name. Much like Clemson fans, Aggie tailgaters congregate in large numbers. I’m pleasantly surprised at how gracious they are at inviting me over. The tailgating atmosphere reminds me more of Clemson than any ACC school, which I realize is not saying much because ACC schools don’t tailgate anything like Clemson does.

2:30 p.m. In the third parking area that I visit, I notice a group of about 40 tailgaters with almost 2/3 of them being Clemson fans. I decide to stop by, assuming it is a Texas area Iptay club of some type. I was wrong. These 26 Clemson fans had come to College Station in five conversion vans from Columbia. Their self appointed leader, Mark, tells me that one of their vans had broken down in Mississippi. They had to leave all tailgating equipment with the disabled van, bringing only clothes and coolers packed with drinks and meat. Mark goes on to tell me that upon arriving in College Station, they walked to this parking lot, quickly met a group of 10 Aggie fans who promptly told them to join them and use their grill and cooking utensils.

3:30 p.m. After scarfing down a burger at the mixed tailgate, I make my way towards the stadium. Along the way I get several “Howdy’s” from the Aggie fans and three invitations for some food. I politely decline each offer, ready to get inside Kyle Field.

4:30 p.m. I watch the processional of cadets into the stadium. It is an impressive site, with all the folks that are in the stadium standing during the entire 45 minute entry. Even the Clemson fans, scattered throughout the stadium, stand while they watch.

Gametime The game is not a good one for our Tigers. The Aggies inflict a pretty decent whipping on us and it seems we can do no right throughout the day. At halftime in the concourse area, Aggie fans quiz me on what a game in Clemson is like. They are also very curious as to what I think about Aggie fans and the way they are treating us as visitors. It is obvious that Aggie fans take pride in their game day experience and how they treat their visitors. On the way out after the defeat, there is no taunting. A few Aggie fans come up to me and wish me a safe trip back. One even comes up and tells me good luck next week against Florida State and that he’ll make the trip to Clemson next year.

As frustrated as I am by the loss to the Aggies, the disappointment quickly fades as I begin to understand what a great trip this has been.

Reflection
The entire experience in College Station, minus the outcome of the game, was outstanding. There was no animosity. No hatred. No bitterness.

What it did include was passion for the game of college football. It included a great tailgating atmosphere. It included a great football stadium with a loud crowd that pulled for their team to win.

And it included some great college football fans that certainly justified the outstanding reputation that they have developed.

All of which leads me to September 3rd when the Aggie football team and their fans will descend upon Death Valley for a game against our Tigers. Clemson has always been regarded as a great place for visiting fans to come and see a game. Clemson fans, by and large, are as accommodating and gracious as any in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

But after my trip to College Station, there is no question that Clemson fans can be even more gracious. Aggie fans have set the standard, and we now have an opportunity to repay the treatment that so many of us received last year in Texas.

So when you see Aggie fans in the Clemson area in the days leading up to the game, go out of your way to make them feel at home. If you see an Aggie fan at the Esso Club, buy them a drink and tell them where the best restaurants are located. Let them know what to do on game days and where to go. Make sure you tell them to get into the stadium early enough to see the Tigers run down the hill.

But, above all, treat them as they treated us last year in College Station.

Treat them like a friend.

link to story (http://www.thebmeist.com/view/story.do?id=4741)

samikeyp
08-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Good story...that is the way sports should be.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-23-2005, 03:44 PM
true dat mah brotha

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Texas is one step closer to a national championship.

Kdfelicity
09-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Wow! Good for you CBF on starting a thread of such heated argument. I'd say you really riled those aggies. HAHAHA I don't even know where to throw in my two cents or what person to respond to, they're all just too entertaining. It is so true though that they are always hung up on this match-up (A&M vs. UT). And frankly, UT doesn't give much of a shit anymore. That song is nothing but smack about UT. Bravo CBF!!

hussker
09-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Hmmm...I am up by one with 9 min left. I can go for two and if I make it, it takes a field goal to tie me. If I do not make it, I am still up by one and even if I had gone for two, I could still be defeated by a field goal.

BOTTOM LINE:
TAMU Left their two point play chart at the HIZZIE...

GO BIG RED!!!

Horry For 3!
09-13-2005, 05:34 PM
http://www.athleticnetwork.net/piclib/333.jpg

That USL (or LA-Lafayette, I guess now) team had some pretty good talent. Brandon Stokely and Jake Delhomme both were there.
Brandon Stokely is solid. :tu

remingtonbo2001
09-17-2005, 04:33 PM
LOLOLOL

i know!!!! its like a&m focuses sooo much on UT cuz they're like a little brother who's trying to get up in the world by hanging on your sack

Every year they interview AGGIES and they're all so excited about every UT encounter cuz they look upon it as serious as they did when they were the freakin Junction Boys

Little Brothers? Actually UT was originally apart of Texas A&M. So that would make us the elder. Dip Shit. Get your facts straight.

I would love to attend a University that preaches arrogance and annomisty. A University that encourages the rising of anarchy in this nation.

Hey Marcus, lets throw a few Bevo's on the grill.
Beef, it's whats for dinner.

samikeyp
09-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Is this thread still going on? Damn....if a schools fight song gets you that bent out of shape, you have issues. I get the smack talk about football teams but a fight song? Im a UT fan and I could care less what the Ags sing about...its their song, they have a right to sing it.

Little Brothers? Actually UT was originally apart of Texas A&M. So that would make us the elder. Dip Shit. Get your facts straight.

I would love to attend a University that preaches arrogance and annomisty. A University that encourages the rising of anarchy in this nation.

mookie2001
09-18-2005, 05:59 PM
they sing about bus drivers

mookie2001
09-19-2005, 08:25 PM
LOL

heres the aggie thread...

Cant_Be_Faded
09-19-2005, 08:29 PM

Okay, so then the elder brother is getting owned by the younger brother, which only makes the case look even funnier.

The University does not preach arrogance and animosity. The simple fact is that this university that I attend is so big, and has such a diverse student population, that its very very different from the 90% white, 90% truck and mustang driving, 90% offroading, 90% conservative voting A&M student population.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Anyways, back to the topic.

Isn't it funny how for every A&M highlight reel, they show the stands first, and everyone is holding each others shoulders and swaying from side to side for the whole clip?

Kdfelicity
09-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Anyways, back to the topic.

Isn't it funny how for every A&M highlight reel, they show the stands first, and everyone is holding each others shoulders and swaying from side to side for the whole clip?

You shoulda been there the night I went fountain hopping with my best friend and her aggie buddies. They sang all their songs allll night long.... I just laughed.