PDA

View Full Version : Props to Joey Crawford's crew

Whisky Dog
05-25-2013, 11:04 PM
I thought they were going to hammer the shit out of the Spurs in the 4th quarter tonight, but that was as cleanly officiated a 4th and overtime as I've seen in a big stage playoff game in a while. They did a great job.

Oh yeah, and fuck Memphis! Go Spurs

m33p0
05-25-2013, 11:10 PM
fair or not, they made way too many calls.

hater
05-25-2013, 11:11 PM
props?

refs gifted this one to San Antonio tbh

:tu

thanks Stern

mercos
05-25-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm finally ready to bury the hatchet with Crawford.

Brunodf
05-25-2013, 11:23 PM
Are u kidding me? Refs were terrible, they called 9874598374593485 tic tac fouls on the Spurs, Gasol/Zbo can push everybody and it's all good

exstatic
05-25-2013, 11:28 PM
I thought they were going to hammer the shit out of the Spurs in the 4th quarter tonight, but that was as cleanly officiated a 4th and overtime as I've seen in a big stage playoff game in a while. They did a great job.

Oh yeah, and fuck Memphis! Go Spurs

Uh, we were in the penalty in about 5 minutes.

Whisky Dog
05-25-2013, 11:29 PM
Compared to how terrible the officiating was in game 2 2nd half with Memphis getting every single call and the non-flagrant flagrant call this crew was great. They weren't flawless but no ref will ever be. Just make the calls fairly and for the most part they were about as fair as an NBA crew gets. Memphis is always getting away with pushing but the Spurs nutted up and played through contact like champs.

Whisky Dog
05-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Uh, we were in the penalty in about 5 minutes.

Yeah but only one of those wasn't a legit call. We were legitimately fouling early in the 4th. Thing is once the Spurs adjusted and started playing better position the refs weren't calling phantom BS like they did in game 2

easjer
05-25-2013, 11:31 PM
The officiating was not as bad as I'd feared it would be, but it definitely seemed like MEM got away with a lot more physicality. There were a couple of calls that infuriated me, but I expected more than that.

TE
05-25-2013, 11:34 PM
We got some calls at the end tbh...it all evened out

hsxvvd
05-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Refs were ordinary both ways, but credit to both teams they adjusted, played through it. Crawford has been good for us in recent years, more so in that Timmy seems to always have big game.

T Park
05-25-2013, 11:38 PM
One of the best reffed games of the playoffs. Didn't see a bad foul call the entire second half.

hater
05-25-2013, 11:44 PM
One of the best reffed games of the playoffs. Didn't see a bad foul call the entire second half.

:lmao wow

refs gifted this one to san antonio and you have the composture to say this? :lol

SayTown
05-25-2013, 11:47 PM
Thank you Joey for the foul on Tony Allen when he knocked it out on Parker :lol

PGDynasty24
05-25-2013, 11:49 PM

so Tony Allen's clean "reach in" was a foul in your eyes?

DarrinS
05-25-2013, 11:52 PM
If I was a Memphis fan, I'd be pissed, but there were shitty calls against Spurs too.

100%duncan
05-25-2013, 11:54 PM
We were in the penalty at around the 8 minute mark fwiw.

KL2
05-25-2013, 11:56 PM
There was one play when Gasol double dribbled, took 3 clear steps, and then Splitter was called with a phantom foul that the ref couldn't see at all :lol, I couldn't believe it.

chapnis
05-25-2013, 11:59 PM
Timmys elbow into Gasols face and-1 was a terrible call, but I'll take it every day of the week.

John B
05-26-2013, 12:04 AM
I love it when, I think it was Duncan still arguing and Crawford yelled on top of his voice, SIDEEEE!!! Even Pops let out a smile.

TheyCallMePro
05-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Well the Duncan And 1 to begin overtime was really the only questionable call in the game that I saw.

And hey, Gasol did foul him...with his face. No really. I'm serious. Just because it's your face it doesn't mean it's not a foul on you. There's no distinction in the rulebook differentiating a face from an arm or a hand!

Whisky Dog
05-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Oh there were some questionable or bad calls, but it was called pretty evenly and there wasn't the pile on BS calls that screw a team in crunch time. That in itself in this type of game and series situation was a got damn miracle for the NBA.

T Park
05-26-2013, 12:19 AM

refs gifted this one to san antonio and you have the composture to say this? :lol

What exactly is compusture?

T Park
05-26-2013, 12:20 AM
so Tony Allen's clean "reach in" was a foul in your eyes?

Eh?

How's the fishing going btw?

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2013, 11:31 PM
For whatever it's worth, it seems likely to me that the Game 4 crew chief will be Monty McCutchen. I suspect Tony Brothers will be with him and wouldn't be shocked if Bennett Salvatore was the third.

hater
05-26-2013, 11:35 PM
What exactly is compusture?

The state or feeling of being calm and in control of oneself

tbh thanks Stern. This was a gift for all the fans in San Antonion

Sean Cagney
05-26-2013, 11:39 PM

refs gifted this one to san antonio and you have the composture to say this? :lolThat Ginobili foul towards the end where he layed it in was an and one! They only called a foul though and TWO FT's, he had the continuation and whistled it dead fast.

hater
05-26-2013, 11:41 PM
That Ginobili foul towards the end where he layed it in was an and one! They only called a foul though and TWO FT's, he had the continuation and whistled it dead fast.

game 3 is already a blur to me :lol

but I do remember Duncan getting and 1 by elbowing Gasol :lol let's be honest to ourselves. refs helped us a lot in game 3 :lmao

SpurPadre
05-26-2013, 11:44 PM
This Crawford ass kissing will stop once he refs a game in the Finals, especially if it's a game AT Miami.

Sean Cagney
05-26-2013, 11:44 PM
game 3 is already a blur to me :lol

but I do remember Duncan getting and 1 by elbowing Gasol :lol let's be honest to ourselves. refs helped us a lot in game 3 :lmao
It' s a blur so you forgot about the should have been and one when Gino layed it in which was only FT's and in that case we win by one in regulation! That play right there pissed me off because a quick whistle was blown and no continuation! Yeah Duncan got and one off that, they still won by 11 so that means we win by ten then? Okay take away one point there we still win by 10. I don't think they helped us as much as as you are saying! Good lord man you mention that there and I saw that, otherwise we still win by ten if you take away that FT. Grizz shot bad from the line last night, thats their fault.

DPG21920
05-26-2013, 11:59 PM

All hater is doing lately is not so subtly troll. He just waits for one wrong post and then: 1) posts an emoticon 2) then says obviously silly stuff. One of the worst shticks on ST right now tbh and if he brings that sh*t effort down to the NBA forum it's gonna get ugly with the bullying in the post that occurs.

hater
05-27-2013, 12:01 AM
All hater is doing lately is not so subtly troll. He just waits for one wrong post and post an emoticon then says obviously silly stuff. One of the worst shticks on ST right now tbh and if he brings that sh*t effort down to the NBA forum it's gonna get ugly with the bullying in the post that occurs.

at least that's better than saying Amy Duncan's boytoy was in the wrong :lmao

:lmao moral code

:lmao bitch getting on her knees and unzipping a guy and he should tell her to stop :lmao

:lol believing in the easter bunny

DPG21920
05-27-2013, 12:04 AM
That doesn't make any sense. Look at all those emoticons. Just stay up in the Soft Forum where you are protected. Don't venture downstairs with this weak shtick or it's prime Shaq in the paint on you.

hater
05-27-2013, 12:05 AM
That doesn't make any sense. Look at all those emoticons. Just stay up in the Soft Forum where you are protected. Don't venture downstairs with this weak shtick or it's prime Shaq in the paint on you.

:lol moral code

:lol guys should have a moral code with married sluts :lmao

DPG21920
05-27-2013, 12:07 AM
The painted area....avoid it.

hater
05-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Even if you didn't know Tim, if you know a woman is married, having a moral code is something most normal functioning adults have.

:lmao

moral code for cheating slut wives :lol

:lol pls take my penis out of your mouth. I have a moral code :lol

T Park
05-27-2013, 06:29 AM

That would be composure......

T Park
05-27-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm flabbergasted that someone would think messing with a married woman is "ok"

Whatever. More crap in a forum.