PDA

View Full Version : Parker cheering on George Hill

phxspurfan
05-26-2013, 12:16 AM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/05/25/parker-keeping-close-tabs-on-pacers-hill

MEMPHIS, Tenn. – When Indiana Pacers guard George Hill knocked down four big free throws in the final 50 seconds of the Pacers’ Eastern Conference-evening Game 2 win Friday night, one of George’s biggest fans was glued to a TV set some 1,000 miles away.
“I watched the whole game,” San Antonio Spurs point guard and Hill’s former teammate Tony Parker said following Saturday morning’s shootaround in preparation for tonight’s Game 3 of the Western Conference finals (9 p.m. ET, ESPN). “We’ve been texting the whole playoffs. I always follow George. He’s like my little brother, so I always text him.”

Kidd K
05-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Me too tbh, I've been cheering for George Hill a lot this postseason. He's a huge part of why the Pacers are doing so well. Every time he's been out with injury, they've looked like a VASTLY inferior team than when he's in.

George Hill has been great. It's nice to see

m33p0
05-26-2013, 12:19 AM
hopefully, georgie improves even more in the off season.

100%duncan
05-26-2013, 12:19 AM
So who's teammate? :lmao

phxspurfan
05-26-2013, 12:33 AM
If we make the finals, I may be actually more afraid of the Pacers.

milkyway21
05-26-2013, 12:34 AM
he was cheering and watching how to beat him, just in case, as well :lol

hyhy
05-26-2013, 12:46 AM
Spurs and Pacers seem to be the best of friends, what with parker/hill and duncan/roy

TheyCallMePro
05-26-2013, 12:50 AM
I can't believe I thought this way now...but a few years ago I was one of those people who wanted to trade Parker and keep George Hill. And I wasn't alone. A lot of people were talking about it. Tony had just received a lot of negative press because of the Eva Longoria divorce/scandal and the fallout from it and also because of his pouting about being benched for stretches in the playoffs that year for George Hill. Not to mention Pop called George Hill "His favorite player" at the time.

Obviously I was wrong. George Hill is a pretty good point guard, and has clearly led the Pacers from a mediocre team to a legitimate contender, but he's nowhere near Tony Parker's level as a point guard. In fact, I don't think Hill is really a natural point guard at all, even now. He doesn't handle the ball well enough, he turns it over, and doesn't drive and kick nearly as much or as good as Tony does. I think Hill was destined to become a wing in our system, and maybe Pop saw that and decided to trade him for a better wing (Kawhi).

I'd love to play him in the finals though. Not gunna happen I know, but it would be pretty awesome for Tony and him to finally duel it out, and see who deserved to stay and who deserved to go. I know it really wouldn't become a National Storyline, but it would be pretty big here in San Antonio because of the divide between fans a few years ago on which one we should keep.

Aztecfan03
05-26-2013, 01:01 AM
If we make the finals, I may be actually more afraid of the Pacers.

I don't think I would but even if I was, I would rather Pacers win it all than Miami.

milkyway21
05-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Hill is where he is now - deep in the playoffs because he has the potential to become better than he was already, Pop saw that, and of course, his experience with the Spurs.

spurs1990
05-26-2013, 02:10 AM
I think alot of us thought Parker would be traded during that 2011 draft, and were surprised it was Hill instead.

Whisky Dog
05-26-2013, 02:20 AM
At least he didn't say he's always texting Hill's wife