PDA

View Full Version : NBA: How would Stern market a Pacers-Spurs Finals?

Jacob1983
05-26-2013, 01:33 AM
This has to be a nightmare scenario for Stern and his minions. How would he market that matchup to casual NBA fans and dumbass people that watch American Idol? How can he market San Antonio and Indianapolis to douchebag West Coast and East Coast fans? I used the word "would" instead of "will" because I would say it's 50/50 right now on the Pacers making it to the Finals. And I don't give a fuck if this jinxes the Pacers.

DMC
05-26-2013, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I made a mistake. What else is new? All the Dirk and Mav haters are jizzing tonight. I just took a xanax so I'm kind of mellowing down. And I've recently started to reconsider suicide. And before you bitch me out or call me a pussy, this has nothing to do with the Mavs. I'm miserable right now in my life and I'm starting to come to a breaking point. I'm stuck at a dead end job with shitty pay and I get treated like a piece of shit too there. No respect at all. I am a hopeless piece of shit and prick. I wasted 5 and a half years in college in the hopes of possibly getting a good paying job or at least a decent paying job. I've been stuck in retail for almost 3 years making a whopping 15K a year. How am I ever going to be happy making shitty money like that? Sorry for the rant, I think it's the xanax kicking in.

AaronY
05-26-2013, 01:37 AM
Probably with Zeppelins, sky writers, and maybe by pirating high rated Tv programs like Kurt Russell did in that movie where he sold used cars..

HI-FI
05-26-2013, 01:38 AM
Stern would go out with a bang.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4664443/shawshank-redemption-suicide-o.gif

lefty
05-26-2013, 01:38 AM
- Duncan vs Hibbert, the Master vs the Student

- Parker vs his former valet

- Politically correct coach vs trolling coach

- Fat Be@ners vs Hicks from French Lick

The Reckoning
05-26-2013, 02:00 AM
maybe theyll focus more on the GAME than superstars tbh

Kidd K
05-26-2013, 02:02 AM
Probably with Zeppelins, sky writers, and maybe by pirating high rated Tv programs like Kurt Russell did in that movie where he sold used cars..

What movie's that? It sounds good.

irishock
05-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Just a terrible all around match up for the NBA, tbh. We've had great Finals over the past few years with Miami/Dallas and Boston/LA big market clashes 2x each, a Kobe vs Dwight foreshadowing Finals, and a shitty Cleveland vs SA final but at least it was Timmy vs LeBron, the best player of the 00's vs the best player of the 10's.

Spurs vs Pacers? This shit's worse than Houston/Orlando in '95.

HI-FI
05-26-2013, 02:05 AM
i'm still sticking with my original prediction of Miami in 7. but who knows, i could be wrong (per par), I thought Pacers would give Heat problems but they are exceeding my expectations, so possibly Pacers pull off the upset.

Jacob1983
05-26-2013, 02:06 AM
I know the American Idol and The Voice type of NBA fans would be pissed but I think it be a cool matchup. And I have to agree that this matchup would be about the actual games and only the actual games. Hibbert isn't really a superstar. He did have a good year last year but kinda fell off this year. He has picked it up in the playoffs.

Baseline
05-26-2013, 02:11 AM
How about this: It's basketball the way it's supposed to be played. Oh wait...you said Stern. Yes, he'll definitely blow his head off before he let's this happen. Watch Memphis shoot 54 free throws in Game 4.

Jacob1983
05-26-2013, 02:30 AM
What's wrong with two teams that have two legitimate big men? Duncan and Hibbert dominate the paint, rebound, and play defense. I'd rather watch that than Superfriends. Bosh is a jump shooting power forward pretending to be a center.

MarioSpeedwagon
05-26-2013, 02:33 AM
Rofl

GuerillaBlack
05-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Just a terrible all around match up for the NBA, tbh. We've had great Finals over the past few years with Miami/Dallas and Boston/LA big market clashes 2x each, a Kobe vs Dwight foreshadowing Finals, and a shitty Cleveland vs SA final but at least it was Timmy vs LeBron, the best player of the 00's vs the best player of the 10's.

Spurs vs Pacers? This shit's worse than Houston/Orlando in '95.

Hakeem vs Shaq was an all time great final inpo.

spurraider21
05-26-2013, 04:10 AM
Stern would go out with a bang.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4664443/shawshank-redemption-suicide-o.gif
GOAT movie. Love Morgan Freeman's line during this scene: "I'd like to think that the last thing that went through his head... Other than that bullet... Was how Andy got the best of him"

100%duncan
05-26-2013, 04:15 AM
Mentor vs Student with;

TD vs Hibbert
Parker vs GHill

And clash of the rising starts;

Leonard vs George.

Mal
05-26-2013, 05:18 AM
I dont get it this TV rantings shit. Spurs play great basketball, anyone whoever played basketball game should know how great this team is playing.

On the other hand Pacers are young, hungry also playing very good, smart basketball.

But americans want "stars" - LeBron going iso on every possible possesion, Kobe throwing bricks all over even fucking JR Smith with his 2/19 games has better rantings.
Their fucking "experts" are a joke. Great crew to teach people how basketball is played, but those fuckers are laughing of Barkley fat ass, shows one dunk or highlight block and put some retarded commercials.

So when teams playing good basketball, smart basketball people dont know what is going on, cause passing for wide open layup or rotating on defense is "boring".

So fuck Stern, fuck ESPN, fuck those rantings.

lakerhaterade
05-26-2013, 05:37 AM
stern would go on the court himself and massacre the Pacer players if they were this close, -, to advancing..not gonna happen

FkLA
05-26-2013, 06:40 AM
I dont get it this TV rantings shit. Spurs play great basketball, anyone whoever played basketball game should know how great this team is playing.

On the other hand Pacers are young, hungry also playing very good, smart basketball.

But americans want "stars" - LeBron going iso on every possible possesion, Kobe throwing bricks all over even fucking JR Smith with his 2/19 games has better rantings.
Their fucking "experts" are a joke. Great crew to teach people how basketball is played, but those fuckers are laughing of Barkley fat ass, shows one dunk or highlight block and put some retarded commercials.

So when teams playing good basketball, smart basketball people dont know what is going on, cause passing for wide open layup or rotating on defense is "boring".

So fuck Stet, fuck ESPN, fuck those rantings.

Bro, most of the NBA fans and American fans in general are too fucking fat to have ever picked up a basketball tbh. Most of them dont realize that playing with guys like Kobe sucks...busting your ass on defense only to see low percentage chuckers chuck up shots on the other end is terrible. Instead of seeing that though, these fatasses like to fantasize that theyre the ones scoring 81 points like Kome.

Stabula
05-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Bro, most of the NBA fans and American fans in general are too fucking fat to have ever picked up a basketball tbh. Most of them dont realize that playing with guys like Kobe sucks...busting your ass on defense only to see low percentage chuckers chuck up shots on the other end is terrible. Instead of seeing that though, these fatasses like to fantasize that theyre the ones scoring 81 points like Kome. Real talk.

JoeTait75
05-26-2013, 07:10 AM

Yet the same Americans will watch the Super Bowl in record numbers even if it's Tennessee vs. St. Louis. It isn't the viewers, it's the way the NBA chooses to market itself to them.

FkLA
05-26-2013, 07:22 AM
Yet the same Americans will watch the Super Bowl in record numbers even if it's Tennessee vs. St. Louis. It isn't the viewers, it's the way the NBA chooses to market itself to them.

Americans are fucking fat thats why. They like to think that their 'tough' asses aka fat asses would be in the NFL if they did this or that differently in high school. Thats why most of them fatasses hate soccer...they know theres no way theyd be able to handle running back and forth non-stop for two 45 minute halves.

Mal
05-26-2013, 08:11 AM

That was my point of this irrelevant studio. Simmons is smart guy, he know how baskteball work. Not to mention Rose, Magic, Barkley, Shaq but they`ve chosen to be "funny", to give low entertainment.

I love what coach Nick is doing in his basketball breakdowns on youtube. Basketball knowledge with sometimes humorous takes.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Eh, I think football markets itself while basketball doesn't. That's why I've always laughed at people who try to say the NBA would be a lot more marketable if it had parity like the NFL.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Americans are fucking fat thats why. They like to think that their 'tough' asses aka fat asses would be in the NFL if they did this or that differently in high school. Thats why most of them fatasses hate soccer...they know theres no way theyd be able to handle running back and forth non-stop for two 45 minute halves.
:lol true there are A LOT of fatasses in this country where their peak in life was high school football. Some of my friends are shaping up to be like that and it's pretty sad.

JoeTait75
05-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Eh, I think football markets itself while basketball doesn't. That's why I've always laughed at people who try to say the NBA would be a lot more marketable if it had parity like the NFL.

Fair point. Also, the last time the NBA had real parity was during the league's so-called "dark time" of the late '70s when they were putting the Finals on tape-delay.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Fair point. Also, the last time the NBA had real parity was during the league's so-called "dark time" of the late '70s when they were putting the Finals on tape-delay.
Yeah exactly.

Young people my age who weren't even born yet talk about how the NBA should go back to the 70s when there was "parity!" while they ignore the fact the NBA was on the brink of insolvency before Bird and Magic came along and made the NBA Lakers vs. Celtics.

DMC
05-26-2013, 10:42 AM
:lol true there are A LOT of fatasses in this country where their peak in life was high school football. Some of my friends are shaping up to be like that and it's pretty sad.

You mean people who get out of breath while eating? That out of shape?

Sec24Row7
05-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Indiana vs San Antonio - Watched by prisoners with no remote everywhere!

jeebus
05-26-2013, 11:18 AM
fuck the ratings; I hope it is a Spur/Pacer Finals. the media spent the whole season jamming a shitty Laker team down our throats and the networks did the same by playing "Heat vs bottom tier eastern team" every sunday or some other crappy big market team during the weekdays. when use the whole season to promote the lakers, an overrated Clipper/Knick team, and the pussies in Miami, you can't bitch about shitty ratings.

UZER
05-26-2013, 11:27 AM
fuck the ratings; I hope it is a Spur/Pacer Finals. the media spent the whole season jamming a shitty Laker team down our throats and the networks did the same by playing "Heat vs bottom tier eastern team" every sunday or some other crappy big market team during the weekdays. when use the whole season to promote the lakers, an overrated Clipper/Knick team, and the pussies in Miami, you can't bitch about shitty ratings.

Agreed. But unfortunately talk radio will spend the whole time talking about how nobody wants to watch this boring match up instead of talking about the game.

BlackSwordsMan
05-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Only two people would watch a spurs - pacers game

td4mvp2k
05-26-2013, 11:39 AM
This has to be a nightmare scenario for Stern and his minions. How would he market that matchup to casual NBA fans and dumbass people that watch American Idol? How can he market San Antonio and Indianapolis to douchebag West Coast and East Coast fans? I used the word "would" instead of "will" because I would say it's 50/50 right now on the Pacers making it to the Finals. And I don't give a fuck if this jinxes the Pacers.

u Fn jinx!

MR-Clutch
05-26-2013, 12:27 PM
2 ABA teams.

Duncan vs hibbert
George vs Kawhi
Splitter vs West
Parker vs Hill

BRHornet45
05-26-2013, 01:17 PM

So fuck Stern, fuck ESPN, fuck those rantings.

son "Fast & Furious 6" made over $98 million this weekend in the United States. that's really all that needs to be said.

the NBA knows that the overwhelming majority of this country has the attention span of a 7 year old and needs to be constantly entertained by big name stars/teams. that is why the NBA does everything in their power to push teams like the Lakers, Heat, etc. to the top.

DMC
05-26-2013, 01:32 PM
I never cared about ratings. I'm sure they do, but it's about my team winning the chip. If I was concerned about ratings I would be a Lakers or Heat fan and chase the cameras instead of being a fan of a team I respect.

irishock
05-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Even Spurs vs Knicks would've been worth watching

m33p0
05-26-2013, 01:48 PM
he could hire a team of programmers/video editors and photoshop Lakers and Heat on the uniforms? he could hire LucasArts or Pixar to do it.

Pelicans78
05-26-2013, 02:10 PM
A Pacers-Spurs series would be entertaining. I would watch.

Rogue
05-26-2013, 09:14 PM
stern wont allow it to happen though, so the entire scenario is hypothetical and infeasible.

Jacob1983
05-28-2013, 12:58 AM
Half of this matchup is now a reality. Stern must be hoping and praying that his Superfriends beat the Pacers. We all know he can make the call and instruct his zebras to make it happen but I'm sure he wants to save money and not have to pay them extra for getting Superfriends to the Finals.