PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather face in the finals?

05-26-2013, 08:07 PM
It's a very real possibility that the Pacers win this series with the Heat, unless they fold under pressure or Bron goes into 2k mode.

So if you had to choose a team to face, which would it be?

Both teams pose different threats, but I suppose I would choose the Heat. Sure they have Bron, Wade, and Bosh, but the Pacers have a 7'2 center, and Paul George is fairing pretty darn well against Bron.

But I'm no NBA expert, and I'm sure you guys have better insight and takes than me, so I'm interested in what you guys have to say.

EVAY
05-26-2013, 08:10 PM
The Lakers, tbh. :lol

emanueldavidginobili
05-26-2013, 08:11 PM
is this a serious question? and theres no way the Pacers are winning this series anyways tbh

05-26-2013, 08:12 PM
The Lakers, tbh. :lol
it would go 7 games tbh :lol

Spurs and Mavs fan
Pacers. Better chance of beating them.

That being said, I've wanted to see a Spurs-Heat Finals for a long time. Just not this year; the Heat are too good this year.

2005 or 2006 would have been nice.

HemisfairArena
Pacers and its not even close. If the Heat make the Finals you can expect a big free throw difference between us and them. Stern and his cronies will go into overdrive. Remember the refs saving the Thunder last year in the WCF's against us? You can expect double that if we face the Heat in the Finals. With the Pacers...Stern has no invested interest....case in point...us vs. Memphis. Stern is letting this eries play out because both arent big markets.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Pacers and its not even close. If the Heat make the Finals you can expect a big free throw difference between us and them. Stern and his cronies will go into overdrive. Remember the refs saving the Thunder last year in the WCF's against us? You can expect double that if we face the Heat in the Finals. With the Pacers...Stern has no invested interest....case in point...us vs. Memphis. Stern is letting this eries play out because both arent big markets.

Why bother watching the games??

Brunodf
05-26-2013, 08:15 PM
If we get to the finals: Heat

manufan10
Neither team looks invincible, tbh. I think the Spurs can win against either team.

HemisfairArena
why not?

ThaBigFundamental21
05-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Honestly I'd rather play the Heat. The Pacers are a balanced team with a good bench. If the Heat have one banged up player who contributes to their team they struggle immensely. TBH the Pacers remind me a little of the Spurs with their balanced team approach.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-26-2013, 08:18 PM

Part of your theory doesn't make sense. If the Spurs and Heat meet in the Finals, then wouldn't people tune in to watch the Heat regardless of whether they win or lose? The Finals would have high ratings regardless of which team won, wouldn't it - just by virtue of Miami being in?

HemisfairArena
05-26-2013, 08:19 PM
spurs-mavs fan: the OP said who would you rather face in the Finals. Did it not? It didnt say anthing about ratings. Pacers would be the best avenue because the Heat would get every call in the Finals.

BatManu20
05-26-2013, 08:20 PM
It's a very real possibility that the Pacers win this series with the Heat, unless they fold under pressure or Bron goes into 2k mode.

So if you had to choose a team to face, which would it be?

Both teams pose different threats, but I suppose I would choose the Heat. Sure they have Bron, Wade, and Bosh, but the Pacers have a 7'2 center, and Paul George is fairing pretty darn well against Bron.

But I'm no NBA expert, and I'm sure you guys have better insight and takes than me, so I'm interested in what you guys have to say.

Lol no. The Pacers aren't beating Miami. Heat in 6, and obviously the Spurs would much rather play Indiana and it's not even close.

SanDiegoSpursFan
Pacers are a better match-up for the Spurs style-wise. Also the Heat are more talented than the Pacers by far. And better than the Spurs. So I'd rather the Spurs play the Pacers.

Robz4000
Anyone who wants to face the Heat is delusional. Spurs could win but it'd be a long shot. Spurs would beat Pacers in 5.

BatManu20
05-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Anyone who wants to face the Heat is delusional. Spurs could win but it'd be a long shot. Spurs would beat Pacers in 5.

This.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Pretty incredible to think that the Pacers' failure to prevent a James layup in Game 1 may ultimately be the reason why the Spurs don't win a championship this year.

timtonymanu
05-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Pacers 10/10 times. The Spurs would beat Indiana in 5. Probably sweep.

The Heat still look like the best shot at winning the title even though the Spurs are peaking.

Brunodf
05-26-2013, 08:31 PM
1- Heat is an easier matchup for Tony
2- Heat is an easier matchup for Timmy
3- Pacers is a balanced scoring team and plays great D( a defense 1st version of GSW tbh).

EVAY
05-26-2013, 08:32 PM
it would go 7 games tbh :lol

Well, no...what I meant was that I'd rather play the Lakers team that we just swept.

And tbh, I would. l mean, if you're asking who I'd rather face, I'd rather face a team we just already got finished killing.

DPG21920
05-26-2013, 08:34 PM
People are strange.

Sean Cagney
05-26-2013, 08:35 PM
is this a serious question? and theres no way the Pacers are winning this series anyways tbh

Robz4000
05-26-2013, 08:36 PM
3- Pacers is a balanced scoring team and plays great D( a defense 1st version of GSW tbh).

:lmao

Horse
05-26-2013, 08:36 PM
The pacers for sure great D not much offense, just like memphis. And in a Spur-pacer final the refs would not be a factor.

MinuteByMinuteSports
05-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Neither team looks invincible, tbh. I think the Spurs can win against either team.

Agreed. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who's not just handing Miami the trophy now.. Spurs have a shot.

HemisfairArena
05-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Spurs vs Pacers would be a hard fought battle. Much like when we played the Pistons in the Finals. I will gladly take that over facing the Heat where Stern will make sure the Heat get every advantage in the book. Wade should be suspended right now against the Pacers and Stern said ...nope. lmao...Stern at his finest.

BatManu20
05-26-2013, 08:39 PM

Not sure if serious...

Spur Bank
05-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Am I the only weirdo who wants to face the Heat because I'd rather face the best?

The Lakers were severely injured. We faced a 6 seed in the 2nd round. Don't have to face OKC in the WCF because they lost Westbrook. If the Spurs play the Pacers, there's a pseudo-excuse every step of the way ... I'm not saying that cheapens the accomplishment necessarily, but it's certainly weird. But if we play the Heat, we're playing the biggest obstacle we can possibly face in the playoffs, and none of the other stuff matters at all.

05-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Well, no...what I meant was that I'd rather play the Lakers team that we just swept.

And tbh, I would. l mean, if you're asking who I'd rather face, I'd rather face a team we just already got finished killing.
Well, between Pacers/Heat, who would you rather face?

Whisky Dog

Yeah that great D just have up 65 in the 1st half at home

Mugen
Here's a fun little test. If you took more than a split-second to answer this question, immediately run into the first moving car you see tbh.

05-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Am I the only weirdo who wants to face the Heat because I'd rather face the best?

The Lakers were severely injured. We faced a 6 seed in the 2nd round. Don't have to face OKC in the WCF because they lost Westbrook. If the Spurs play the Pacers, there's a pseudo-excuse every step of the way ... I'm not saying that cheapens the accomplishment necessarily, but it's certainly weird. But if we play the Heat, we're playing the biggest obstacle we can possibly face in the playoffs, and none of the other stuff matters at all.If we faced the Pacers it would mean they beat the "best". There wouyldn't be any excuses. But the "best" team isn't determined until the playoffs are over anyway.

Brunodf
05-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Yeah that great D just have up 65 in the 1st half at home
70. I blame L.Stephenson foul trouble tbh

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-26-2013, 08:44 PM

The Lakers were severely injured. We faced a 6 seed in the 2nd round. Don't have to face OKC in the WCF because they lost Westbrook. If the Spurs play the Pacers, there's a pseudo-excuse every step of the way ... I'm not saying that cheapens the accomplishment necessarily, but it's certainly weird. But if we play the Heat, we're playing the biggest obstacle we can possibly face in the playoffs, and none of the other stuff matters at all.

A trophy is a trophy. Regardless of which team you defeat to win it.

Would you rather have a trophy by beating the Pacers, or no trophy by having lost to the Heat?

Chris16
05-26-2013, 08:51 PM
If the Heat make the Finals the Heat are winning, don't see the team w/o HCA winning 3 years straight. Before the last 2 years when was the last time the team w/o HCA even won the Finals 2 years in a row? Exactly, it's rare. The Finals are different from the Conference playoffs, it's a lot harder to win a series w/o HCA in the Finals.

SayTown
05-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Heat, The Championship would feel so much better knocking off lebron and the Heat than beating George Hill and the Pacers

m33p0
05-26-2013, 09:06 PM
weak-hearted pussies. win or lose, it's the heat i want.

Mugen
05-26-2013, 09:09 PM
weak-hearted pussies. win or lose, it's the heat i want.

:lol that's silly.

The trophy doesn't come shinier if you beat a better team tbh.

m33p0
05-26-2013, 09:18 PM
:lol that's silly.

The trophy doesn't get come shinier if you beat a better team tbh.

i beg to differ. the champagne will be sweeter too, i expect.

but no, it's not about the trophy. everyone's been touting the heat as the team to beat, the best the league has to offer. and they're everything the spurs isn't. it's good versus evil... a battle for right against wrong. it's a chance to give stern and the rest of the league a big Fuck You!

/delusional spurs fan

HemisfairArena
05-26-2013, 09:19 PM
exactly, mugen. Its amazing how some Spurs fans here think the trophy will take on more meaning with who they face in the Finals. The Lakers beat the Pacers in the Finals...do you see them saying that title is tainted because it wasnt a big market?

daslicer
05-26-2013, 09:27 PM
The pacers would be easier to beat so yeah I would like the pacers. The Heat are more difficult due to their big 3 and plus they will get phantom calls.

ThePop
05-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Fuck it, bring on the Heat. I can't stand watching their flopping right now.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-26-2013, 09:43 PM
i beg to differ. the champagne will be sweeter too, i expect.

but no, it's not about the trophy. everyone's been touting the heat as the team to beat, the best the league has to offer. and they're everything the spurs isn't. it's good versus evil... a battle for right against wrong. it's a chance to give stern and the rest of the league a big Fuck You!

/delusional spurs fan

You're missing one key element: Losing to the Heat would be, in my opinion, even more bitter and hard to deal with than losing to the Pacers - for the very reasons you listed.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-26-2013, 09:45 PM

I can agree with all these. But the pacers don't have a NBA level point guard on their roster, making it impossible to advance this far in the playoffs. Indy is a cherry matchup for anyone they face

m33p0
05-26-2013, 09:46 PM
You're missing one key element: Losing to the Heat would be, in my opinion, even more bitter and hard to deal with than losing to the Pacers - for the very reasons you listed.

fine, bring on the pacers... and we won't lose to the pacers, not with that ugly thing they call offense.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2013, 09:52 PM

But the Heat also have the best player in the world who will do basically whatever the hell he wants in the series. Wade would have to have a terrible finals for the Spurs to win IMO.. And Heat role players are good, they have shooting and play great D when they want too..

HarlemHeat37
05-26-2013, 09:52 PM
:lol how exactly is Indiana a more difficult match-up for Tony Parker?..Miami's pick&roll D is elite against ball-handlers, they would gladly give up shots to the Spurs role players, rather than allow Parker to go off, tbh..

Indiana has no shooters, no superstar players and one of the worst benches in the NBA..Hibbert struggles to score in the post against players his own size like Duncan and Splitter..

Kawhi Leonard's defense and rebounding has been one of they key components of this Spurs run..he could easily hold his own against Paul George, but Lebron is a different animal..

CGD
05-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Am I the only weirdo who wants to face the Heat because I'd rather face the best? all.

if the Heat lose to the Pacers, then by most people's definition they are not the best.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2013, 09:57 PM
:lol how exactly is Indiana a more difficult match-up for Tony Parker?..Miami's pick&roll D is elite against ball-handlers, they would gladly give up shots to the Spurs role players, rather than allow Parker to go off, tbh..

Indiana has no shooters, no superstar players and one of the worst benches in the NBA..Hibbert struggles to score in the post against players his own size like Duncan and Splitter..

Kawhi Leonard's defense and rebounding has been one of they key components of this Spurs run..he could easily hold his own against Paul George, but Lebron is a different animal..

Put KL on Wade and just let Lebron run wild.

HarlemHeat37
05-26-2013, 09:59 PM
I do have the feeling Pop will let Lebron get his and shut down the rest, I agree with that..

Brunodf
05-26-2013, 09:59 PM

Indiana has the bodies to throw at Tony and a shot blocker.

Mugen
05-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Any more hardcore mf'ers that would rather face Miami tbh? :lmao

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-26-2013, 10:01 PM
The Pacers didn't crack 50 wins this season.

Reck
05-26-2013, 10:03 PM
If we get to the finals: Heat

If? :lol

Spurs lose to the Grizzlies and I will quit ST. Fuck that, basketball.

Mugen
05-26-2013, 10:04 PM
If the Pacers pull this series out, we're gonna have to add this year to the list of Spurfan Shelf of Regrets next to Amare getting suspended and Dallas losing to the Warriors tbh.

cjw
05-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Did this really warrant a thread? This isn't a question of wanting Houston, LA or GS in the first round (and in retrospect, a lot of people wanted GS). This is a team that would struggle to finish above sixth in the West vs. the friggen Heat.

DarrinS
05-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Are the 2013 Heat better than the 2005 Pistons?

Discuss :fro

EVAY
05-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Well, between Pacers/Heat, who would you rather face?

Well, I truly do not believe that Stern will allow anyone to beat the Heat. Having said that, if the games were called straight up and honestly, I think we match up better with the Heat than we do with the Pacers.

I think we would beat the Pacers because I don't think Stern would care which of the two of us won, but it would be harder for us to beat the Pacers athleticism than it would to beat the Heat's strength. But we could beat either one in 7 games...but the games we would lose to either one would be so ugly that the melt downs on this board would be absolutely EPIC! :lol

TE
05-26-2013, 10:12 PM
what a shitty thread tbh

tesseractive
05-26-2013, 10:13 PM
The pacers for sure great D not much offense, just like memphis. And in a Spur-pacer final the refs would not be a factor.
The Pacers have a better offense than Memphis. Memphis is kind enough to play 3 on 5 and let you leave an extra guy or two camped out in the lane. The Pacers can at least shoot.

But the reality is, there's no path to the title without going through Miami, and any talk of the Pacers is just idle wishing.

HarlemHeat37
05-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Well, I truly do not believe that Stern will allow anyone to beat the Heat. Having said that, if the games were called straight up and honestly, I think we match up better with the Heat than we do with the Pacers.

I think we would beat the Pacers because I don't think Stern would care which of the two of us won, but it would be harder for us to beat the Pacers athleticism than it would to beat the Heat's strength. But we could beat either one in 7 games...but the games we would lose to either one would be so ugly that the melt downs on this board would be absolutely EPIC! :lol

Indiana is #1 in FTs per FGA and #5 in the playoffs in least foul calls..they get the most calls of any of the remaining teams in the playoffs, slightly ahead of Memphis..

Sec24Row7
05-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Are the 2013 Heat better than the 2005 Pistons?

Discuss :fro

No... But neither are the spurs...

05-26-2013, 10:19 PM
what a shitty thread tbh

I try bruh

TIMMYtoZO
05-26-2013, 10:21 PM
No... But neither are the spurs...

:lol The 2005 Heat were better than the 2005 Pistons until Wade got hurt (The 2006 asskicking Miami gave them when they were actually healthy proved it). The 2013 Heat are much better than the 2005 Heat.

tesseractive
05-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Put KL on Wade and just let Lebron run wild.
Surely Danny will be on Wade. I'm pretty sure LeBron will still do just fine going wild with Kawhi on him unless we can find ways to bring the double and still shut down the passing lanes. LeBron is strong enough that he should be able to post up Kawhi all night long.

With Tim and Tiago we have a healthy size advantage in the paint over Bosh/Haslem. Parker is certainly better than Chalmers. But Miami has a bench as good as ours (maybe better), Wade is tough to stop even without LeBron also being on the court, and LeBron is the best player in the league for a reason.

I think we should be able to play Miami about as well as any team in the league, but going in, they sure look like the better team.

hater
05-26-2013, 10:34 PM
It's a very real possibility that the Pacers win this series with the Heat

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Uriel
05-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Lol no. The Pacers aren't beating Miami. Heat in 6, and obviously the Spurs would much rather play Indiana and it's not even close.
/thread

05-27-2013, 06:11 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Pacers in 7 :rollin